Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 08:03:12 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Arizona killer Joseph Wood dies almost two hours after execution begins  (Read 1877 times)
TheIrishman (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1049
Merit: 1006

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 04:33:53 AM

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/jul/23/arizona-killer-still-alive-an-hour-after-execution-begins

<< Convicted killer "gasped and snorted" as officials attempted to execute him, as lawyers filed an emergency motion to halt the process. >>
BurtW
Legendary

Activity: 2646
Merit: 1136

All paid signature campaigns should be banned.

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2014, 04:49:20 AM
Last edit: July 24, 2014, 05:00:12 AM by BurtW

Wood and his 29-year-old ex-girlfriend, Debbie Dietz, had been involved in a turbulent relationship for 5 years, which had been marred by numerous breakups and several domestic violent incidents. Debbie was working at a local body shop owned by her family.
On August 7, 1989, Wood walked into the shop and shot Gene Dietz, age 55, in the chest with a .38 calibre revolver, killing him. Gene Dietz's 70-year-old brother was present and tried to stop Wood, but Wood pushed him away and proceeded into another section of the body shop.
Wood went up to Debbie, placed her in some type of hold, and shot her once in the abdomen and once in the chest, killing her.
Wood then fled the building. Two police officers approached Wood and ordered him to drop his weapon. After Wood placed the weapon on the ground, he reached down and picked it up, and pointed it at the officers. The officers fired, striking Wood several times. Wood was transported to a local hospital where he underwent extensive surgery.

There is the mistake.  If they would have just let him die from the gunshot wounds it would have been much quicker.  Also that cop should have been told he needed to spend more time at the range, very sloppy shooting.

Our family was terrorized by Homeland Security.  Read all about it here:  http://www.jmwagner.com/ and http://www.burtw.com/  Any donations to help us recover from the $300,000 in legal fees and forced donations to the Federal Asset Forfeiture slush fund are greatly appreciated!
ABitNut

Activity: 764
Merit: 500

I'm a cynic, I'm a quaint

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 05:02:43 AM

Wood and his 29-year-old ex-girlfriend, Debbie Dietz, had been involved in a turbulent relationship for 5 years, which had been marred by numerous breakups and several domestic violent incidents. Debbie was working at a local body shop owned by her family.
On August 7, 1989, Wood walked into the shop and shot Gene Dietz, age 55, in the chest with a .38 calibre revolver, killing him. Gene Dietz's 70-year-old brother was present and tried to stop Wood, but Wood pushed him away and proceeded into another section of the body shop.
Wood went up to Debbie, placed her in some type of hold, and shot her once in the abdomen and once in the chest, killing her.
Wood then fled the building. Two police officers approached Wood and ordered him to drop his weapon. After Wood placed the weapon on the ground, he reached down and picked it up, and pointed it at the officers. The officers fired, striking Wood several times. Wood was transported to a local hospital where he underwent extensive surgery.

There is the mistake.  If they would have just let him die from the gunshot wounds it would have been much quicker.  Also that cop should have been told he needed to spend more time at the range, very sloppy shooting.

Well done on editing your original reply before anyone called you a monster.
BurtW
Legendary

Activity: 2646
Merit: 1136

All paid signature campaigns should be banned.

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2014, 05:03:50 AM

Too bad it only took two hours.  He should have suffered more for what he did.

Happy now?

Our family was terrorized by Homeland Security.  Read all about it here:  http://www.jmwagner.com/ and http://www.burtw.com/  Any donations to help us recover from the $300,000 in legal fees and forced donations to the Federal Asset Forfeiture slush fund are greatly appreciated!
ABitNut

Activity: 764
Merit: 500

I'm a cynic, I'm a quaint

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 05:14:45 AM

Too bad it only took two hours.  He should have suffered more for what he did.

Happy now?

You're a monster!

There ya go. Wink
koshgel
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 05:52:19 AM

The article fails to mention that he was sedated the whole time. Aka sleeping. He was snoring. Not gasping for air.

Either way, the dude murdered two people in cold blood. I would give zero shits if he spent the last minutes of his life suffering. Deserves every bit of it.
petestheman

Activity: 406
Merit: 257

BINGO! BOUNTY MANAGEMENT

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2014, 06:44:30 AM

I think executions are perfectly OK I do not understand why people are so against them. If there is sufficient evidence for their conviction and the crime is deserving out it. They should die and who gives AF if they suffer for 10 minutes did there victims not suffer, are their family members still not suffering. Humans have been executing people since the beginning of time why did we just start beginning to think that we should no longer do it. Grin

BINGO! BOUNTIES : BOUNTY AND COMMUNITY MANAGERS

FINDING CRYPTO PROJECTS WHICH CAN MAKE THIS WORLD A BETTER PLACE TO LIVE IN.
Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2014, 06:49:26 AM

I think executions are perfectly OK I do not understand why people are so against them. If there is sufficient evidence for their conviction and the crime is deserving out it. They should die and who gives AF if they suffer for 10 minutes did there victims not suffer, are their family members still not suffering. Humans have been executing people since the beginning of time why did we just start beginning to think that we should no longer do it. Grin

It's quite simple why people are against it petestheman, what if you're wrong? There have been a number of cases I can probably just google and find on the first page of people being executed and then it turns out years later after their deaths they were innocent.

You don't fuck around with someones life just because you're angry and want to take revenge, it's the height of arrogance and a crime in itself.
petestheman

BINGO! BOUNTY MANAGEMENT

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2014, 07:00:24 AM

Those where then and notice how I said

In just the last 5 years criminal science has made a drastic leap. There are very few convictions of innocent men now a days. It would have made more sense if this debate had happened 10 years ago.

Lethn
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2014, 07:01:07 AM

To me it doesn't matter.
petestheman

BINGO! BOUNTY MANAGEMENT

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2014, 07:04:26 AM

To me it doesn't matter.

What doesn't matter exactly? Huh Huh Grin

Lethn
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2014, 07:05:28 AM

To me it doesn't matter.

What doesn't matter exactly? Huh Huh Grin

Whether they're guilty or not, if they've given up or been captured then you're just an asshole for wanting to kill them.
Bobsurplus
Legendary

Activity: 1008

Making money since I was in the womb! @emc2whale

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 07:05:53 AM

Fuck him.. He murdered two people. Who cares if he suffered!
Wesley

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 08:16:23 AM

I assumed most bitcoiners held libertarian beliefs so it's interesting to see the responses in this thread.
TheIrishman (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1049
Merit: 1006

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 10:43:01 AM

Witness to a 2-hour Arizona execution: Joseph Wood gasped before he died

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2014/jul/24/witness-arizona-execution-joseph-wood-died

<< Inside the chamber, I counted 660 gulps. The priest's watch counted 117 minutes. The death penalty was not supposed to go like this. >>
DrG
Legendary

Activity: 2086
Merit: 1035

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 10:47:44 AM

As a physician I've spent time trying to undue the damage that assholes like this cause.  The only cruel and unusual punishment is the agonizing wait the victim's families have to endure.  I say run him over with a car a couple times for good measure.
Daniel91
Legendary

Activity: 3374
Merit: 1824

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 10:59:44 AM

For me this is really horrible things to hear, really shocked.
I'm from Europe and here we don't have death penalty already half century and consider this as civilization progress.
I guess in America is different mentality and culture but still I really hope they will also stop with this and change their low.

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
Hell-raiser

Activity: 462
Merit: 515

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 11:30:31 AM

I assumed most bitcoiners held libertarian beliefs so it's interesting to see the responses in this thread.

And here you go! Wink

Personally, I would strongly insist on death penalty abolition. And the primary reason is not the possibility of executing an innocent one (but this would suffice to ban this form of "punishment"), but the guilt of society in raising a villain. Humans are social beings, and murderers don't come to us from outer space. Putting to death even a proven serial killer means avoiding responsibility on the society part.
ObscureBean
Legendary

Activity: 1148

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2014, 12:26:22 PM

It's crazy to think that in this day and age, science has still not come up with an efficient (and humane?) way to kill a human being  Huh
I think instead of using experimental drugs, it would be better to go back to old but reliable ways like beheading. It's messy on the outside but at least death is almost instantaneous.
TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 1958

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2014, 12:46:29 PM

For me this is really horrible things to hear, really shocked.
I'm from Europe and here we don't have death penalty already half century and consider this as civilization progress.
I guess in America is different mentality and culture but still I really hope they will also stop with this and change their low.

I am not pro death penalty myself, but Europe shares some of the blame in this. If they continued to export the proper drugs for executions they wouldn't have to mix their own experimental cocktails to execute people in the US, possibly resulting in incidents like this. If you notice this kind of incident is increasingly common since the drug export ban from Europe.

EU imposes strict controls on 'execution drug' exports  www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-16281016
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: