Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 04:23:33 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Arizona killer Joseph Wood dies almost two hours after execution begins  (Read 1870 times)
DrG
Legendary

Activity: 2086
Merit: 1035

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 09:08:03 AM

So now our nation has regressed from a modern, progressive country to a middle ages country where we not only have to execute people but we also have to torture them in the process. Nobody can tell me that they don't know how to execute people but they may be dysfunctional in Arizona where they have the likes of Joe Arpaio, who probably would have been run out of the old west, who treats prisoners like serfs that owed a debt to the vicaire in the dark ages. Where he fits I don't know, but it isn't anywhere in America of the free. It is more likely in about 13th century France or Spain where they treated prisoners like this and tortured many people as well as executed them. Not only are the police shooting people down in the US now in a wholesale manner but prisoners are also dying at a record rate in prison. Now they are torturing them in an act that ends in death. Maybe a sign of the cross for both the people that do this and the ones who are the recipients is in order!

Clearly you have never been the victim of a rape.  Your carefree attitude that all can be forgiven and forgotten should stay in preschool while you hold hands and sing.

I had the unfortunate opportunity to be the attending physician to a woman and child who had their heads beaten in by a table lamp from a robber.  The child died, the woman was in a coma for about 2 months and then started rehab.  What do you think we should do with the attacker?  Deport him to an island like Australia?  Give him a house and public assistance so he won't have to steal?  Or just release him to kill others (he murdered 3 people before the 2 I saw)?

Your enlightenment has no solution, only critique  Roll Eyes

I think we should be making self-defence laws clear and understandable so that people don't have to be scared of defending themselves in their own homes never mind out in the streets, but good luck doing that when governments want to leave us as defenceless as possible. In a kill or be killed situation I'd never say don't defend yourself like some people would ( Those are the ones who are truly naive and usually have armed protection going around with them ), but going "Hurr durr, death to all criminals" just makes you a murderer yourself whether you agree with that assessment or not and I'm someone who firmly believes in the idea of self-defence.

I don't see anybody crying death to all criminals, well I'm sure there are a few nuts here.  Crimes are weighted sometimes based on circumstance.  A person killing somebody in an emotional fit usually gets a lesser charge than somebody who has been planning an assassination.  Self defense laws are only useful in cases where there is a victim who can defend themselves.  It does nothing to keep a killer, a rapist, a child molester off the streets.  I was asking umari127 to post possible solutions to incarceration which he/she felt are bad solutions.

Here's an example of what you are talking about:
http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/man-shot-burglar-pregnant-24704576

Should he be charged or not?  He might have been robbed by the same gang that burglarized my house.  Prior to my burglary I never wanted a gun nor had I ever touched a gun.  Knowing the history of the people who broke into my house, I feel comfortable now shooting and killing anybody that comes after my family in my house... but that's in my house.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BurtW
Legendary

Activity: 2646
Merit: 1130

All paid signature campaigns should be banned.

View Profile WWW
July 25, 2014, 08:02:03 PM

The fact she said she was pregnant, whether she actually was pregnant or not, etc. have nothing to do with anything.

The fact he ran after her, outside his house, down the street and then shot her/them in the back as they were running away means it was no longer self defense.

So, I expect he will be charged.  If he had killed her inside the house while they were beating on him then it would probably be self defense but he could still be charged since they were unarmed so that makes it even tricky there.

If they had a gun, it was inside the house and he felt in immediate danger of being killed, shot them before they shot him then no issue at all even if she was 8 months pregnant.

Our family was terrorized by Homeland Security.  Read all about it here:  http://www.jmwagner.com/ and http://www.burtw.com/  Any donations to help us recover from the $300,000 in legal fees and forced donations to the Federal Asset Forfeiture slush fund are greatly appreciated!
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: