Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 01:33:00 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What’s happening with the Bitcoin Price?  (Read 6522 times)
N.Gordimer (OP)

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 04:37:54 PM

Easy, crash to 400$ in 10 day, after little day ( 5/15 ) bump up to 500 and in winter RUN to 700$.... or more...

Too easy.. i have write this 2month ago to my frend... GG!
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 04:42:21 PM

well this article says it is market manipulation due to whales/others selling on margins and making the bitcoin price dance like a puppet on a string
slam it down buy more coin..slam it up sell more coin to slam it down to buy more coin

http://blogs.wsj.com/moneybeat/2014/08/14/bitbeat-bitcoin-price-suffers-margin-pains-dishs-bitcoin-option-goes-live/

whatcha think? me...I just trip over stuff like the link above...I have NFC on what the heck is going on with BTC

your thoughts?

Searing

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
gjgjg

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 05:30:26 PM

I would bet whales are pushing price down to get liquidity at low price. LArge investment firms and others similar are now interested in BTC but they find low liquidity at prices higher than 600.
Wait and see, we might get down to 450 or 350, then spike to 300 then rocket to 800.

remember, the last high price was 1200~, the LOW before that high was ~50 - so if the NEW LOW before the next high is 300~450 then the new high could be 2500 or more (assuming argentina jumps in soon too)

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
▓▓▓▓▓  BIT-X.comvvvvvvvvvvvvvvi
→ CREATE ACCOUNT 
▓▓▓▓▓
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
N.Gordimer (OP)

Activity: 23

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 05:38:40 PM

well this article says it is market manipulation due to whales/others selling on margins and making the bitcoin price dance like a puppet on a string
slam it down buy more coin..slam it up sell more coin to slam it down to buy more coin

[Suspicious link removed]j.com/moneybeat/2014/08/14/bitbeat-bitcoin-price-suffers-margin-pains-dishs-bitcoin-option-goes-live/

whatcha think? me...I just trip over stuff like the link above...I have NFC on what the heck is going on with BTC

your thoughts?

Searing
leex1528

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 02:00:43 PM

I would bet whales are pushing price down to get liquidity at low price. LArge investment firms and others similar are now interested in BTC but they find low liquidity at prices higher than 600.
Wait and see, we might get down to 450 or 350, then spike to 300 then rocket to 800.

remember, the last high price was 1200~, the LOW before that high was ~50 - so if the NEW LOW before the next high is 300~450 then the new high could be 2500 or more (assuming argentina jumps in soon too)

What exactly are you basing this off?  I mean, if it plummets to under a dollar...I am guessing people won't get involved with it anymore...

Even if it does go to 300-450 I am still guessing it won't go to 2500, maybe just maybe it will go to 1000 but I think that is still high hopes. 
BitcoinBarrel
Legendary

Activity: 1961
Merit: 1020

Fill Your Barrel with Bitcoins!

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2014, 02:57:50 PM

We posted a video on our Blog by Crypto Market News discussing the price hysteria:
http://bitcoinbarrel.com/why-is-the-price-of-bitcoin-falling/

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
     ▄██████████████▄
   ▄█████████████████▌
  ▐███████████████████▌
 ▄█████████████████████▄
 ███████████████████████
▐███████████████████████
▐███████████████████████
▐███████████████████████
▐███████████████████████
 ██████████████████████▀
 ▀████████████████████▀
  ▀██████████████████
    ▀▀████████████▀▀

bigbigdog

Activity: 47

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 03:03:01 PM

And no good enough reason for this price drop i dont get it
falllling

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 03:31:11 PM

bitcoin is going to nowhere but down, the final capitulation incoming!
dropt
Legendary

Activity: 1512

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 05:22:44 PM

bitcoin is going to nowhere but down, the final capitulation incoming!

And then in it's going to sprinboard into a new ATH!!  FOUR DIGITS, YOU HEARD IT HERE FIRST!  buy Buy BUY!
njcarlos

Activity: 280

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 05:25:34 PM

And then in it's going to sprinboard into a new ATH!!  FOUR DIGITS, YOU HEARD IT HERE FIRST!  buy Buy BUY!
I hope you don't believe that. The springboard part. :|
dropt
Legendary

Activity: 1512

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 05:27:29 PM

I hope you don't believe that. The springboard part. :|

No, not really.  I'm just countering fallllings BTC failing stupidity with BTC's going to the moon stupidity.  I actually felt kind of bad doing it in this thread, I usually try to limit myself to the ones he starts so that people who have him on ignore don't have to be inadvertently subjected to his idiocy.
falllling

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 04:02:22 AM

bitcoin game over, the final capitulation incoming!
Chuckee

Activity: 70

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 04:07:18 AM

Please, do not dismiss this message. Bitcoin price going to <$100, returning to mean from 2013 due to market inflation and china leaving the game. This is burn off phase.... cut your loose before it's too late!
GangkisKhan

Activity: 141
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 04:28:40 AM

The price dropped yesterday is due to 1 big holder selling at market price at btc-e. Bitcoin is still very fragile if one to two whales can cause the price to drop 20% in 2 weeks.
Justine

Activity: 169

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 05:20:04 AM

Please, do not dismiss this message. Bitcoin price going to <$100, returning to mean from 2013 due to market inflation and china leaving the game. This is burn off phase.... cut your loose before it's too late!

<100 is not the end of the world. It will only kill speculators and big mining farms.

Overall ecology might be healthier when there is less speculation.
falllling

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 07:34:32 AM

<100 is not the end of the world. It will only kill speculators and big mining farms.

Overall ecology might be healthier when there is less speculation.

we will be there soon!
marife01

Activity: 162

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 08:05:03 AM

This is very alarming to those who have bought lots of BTC on a higher price.
Maybe there is still hope that it will rise again and just get even.
gjgjg

Activity: 448

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 01:21:43 PM

The price dropped yesterday is due to 1 big holder selling at market price at btc-e. Bitcoin is still very fragile if one to two whales can cause the price to drop 20% in 2 weeks.

There are still whales with their finger over the buy button, waiting.

▓▓▓▓▓  BIT-X.comvvvvvvvvvvvvvvi
→ CREATE ACCOUNT 
▓▓▓▓▓
Yakamoto
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1007

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 02:00:55 PM

The Chinese haven't left, most people in the community know that. The 2013 mean was greater than $100, even if you have Jan-October at $5 and then Nov-Dec at $1,000, as a simplification of the charts. The mean is ~$170. Both of your points wrong; what research did you do?
labsbitforum

Activity: 99

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 02:29:47 PM

This is my perspective.

Like most things its not a single cause.
  • Still coming down off a bubble from lots of get rich quick speculators.
  • Market cap and global trade volume still small enough to be easily driven up or down at will by those with lots of capital.
  • I think projects like Ethereum have people questioning the long term viability of bitcoin.  That project has taken in 28,000 bitcoins (@ $475 = $13.3M) over this time period.  So far they have liquidated about 3,500 bitcoins but that will create some down pressure as they cash out the rest of it.
https://blockchain.info/address/36PrZ1KHYMpqSyAQXSG8VwbUiq2EogxLo2
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: