Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 10:39:57 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Everyone of my friends says the same: "How do I get Bitcoins?"  (Read 3893 times)
pikabit (OP)

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 05:50:11 PM

Everyone of them say "why do I want to work for Bitcoins? I would rather get paid in dollars" or they don't care to buy Bitcoins.
Faucets are a joke.
 Cry
odolvlobo
Legendary

Activity: 4326
Merit: 3241

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 06:12:53 PM
Last edit: July 24, 2014, 08:00:30 PM by odolvlobo

Here is my suggestion for anyone that wants free bitcoins:

Go out to a street corner and beg for money. Then use the money you receive to buy bitcoins.

That's how you get bitcoins for free. I guarantee that you will get more bitcoins that way than you will get from begging online or by visiting faucets.

Join an anti-signature campaign: Click ignore on the members of signature campaigns.
PGP Fingerprint: 6B6BC26599EC24EF7E29A405EAF050539D0B2925 Signing address: 13GAVJo8YaAuenj6keiEykwxWUZ7jMoSLt
Yakamoto
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1007

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 07:14:05 PM

Go out to a street corner and beg for money. Then use the money you receive to buy bitcoins.

That's how you get bitcoins for free. I guarantee you will get more bitcoins that way than you will from begging online or by visiting faucets.

You have no idea how true this statement is. Do this, not faucets. It will be far more effective.

I used to use faucets. They're not good at all. Or you can work for your coins, that works too. I'm sure they all have a computer  Wink
ArbatDeli

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 08:05:39 PM

I'd say there are better ways than begging in the street....

♦  Bitcoin-Scratchticket.com  ♦   ♦  Win Bitcoin Playing Scratchtickets  ♦    ♦  Provably Fair  ♦ 
Dare

Activity: 508
Merit: 500

Techwolf on #bitcoin and Reddit

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2014, 09:49:31 PM

Either sell something or provide a service and request payment in Bitcoin, or sign up at an exchange and buy some. Faucets charge advertisers more per view than they pay you, so they'll never give out more than a few fractions of a cent. Asking for ways to get free bitcoin is the same as asking for ways to get free dollars; it's still money, and you still have to work for it in some way.

BTC: 1M8oUcBnkRDEhWWgV8ZXLTB6p1mgnejVbX
How Forum Activity Works
Bitcointalk Forum Rules
|
|
|
Firstbits (lucky vanitygen): 1WoLfRUGDx1
How Forum Trust Works
Bitcoin Source Code
DannyHamilton
Legendary

Activity: 3402
Merit: 4656

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 10:04:31 PM

Better ways to get free bitcoins?

Provide an example please?
akali

Activity: 55
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 10:48:00 PM

Just tell them to go get a job give you money and then broker the fee then give them some bitcoin.
virtualx

Activity: 672
Merit: 507

LOTEO

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 11:19:33 PM

Everyone of them say "why do I want to work for Bitcoins? I would rather get paid in dollars" or they don't care to buy Bitcoins.
Faucets are a joke.
 Cry

In a few years, when the price rises to the moon, they may say "If only I bought bitcoins"  Grin

...loteo...
DIGITAL ERA LOTTERY

r

▄▄███████████▄▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄███████████████████████▄
▄██████████████████████████▄
▄██  ███████▌ ▐██████████████▄
▐██▌ ▐█▀  ▀█    ▐█▀   ▀██▀  ▀██▌
▐██  █▌ █▌ ██  ██▌ ██▌ █▌ █▌ ██▌
▐█▌ ▐█ ▐█ ▐█▌ ▐██  ▄▄▄██ ▐█ ▐██▌
▐█  ██▄  ▄██    █▄    ██▄  ▄███▌
▀████████████████████████████▀
▀██████████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀███████████▀▀
r

RPLAY NOWR
BE A MOON VISITOR!
[/center]
DrG
Legendary

Activity: 2086
Merit: 1035

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 12:12:15 AM

Faucets are a joke.
 Cry

It's the same as saying how do I get Euros or Pesos.  They're not going to magically fall into your lap.

If you're in the US just buy some at Coinbase.  If outside the US it's even easier on the exchanges.

The only way acquiring Bitcoin might be difficult is if you live in a 3rd world country where the exchange rate to USD/Euro is horrible - then I do online work for BTC.
polynesia
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 01:51:51 AM

"why do I want to work for Bitcoins?

The question to them should be 'Why do you want bitcoins?"
Relnarien

Activity: 399
Merit: 257

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 02:53:15 AM

Faucets are a joke.
 Cry

Well, it's true. Unless you just want to check out how Bitcoin works, then faucets are a complete waste of time. Faucets were created for one reason -- to disseminate Bitcoin during its early days to help lead to greater adoption of it. Faucets weren't designed to be a source of additional income. Some people would argue that a few faucets still give out a somewhat decent amount of Bitcoins, but they can never dispute the fact that they could be earning more from doing legitimate online work. Essentially, if you want Bitcoins, then faucets are not the way to go. If you want easy satoshis, then faucets would prolly be your meal ticket.

Having said all that, consider that Bitcoins are viewed by many as an investment. Many people hoard Bitcoins hoping that they could cash out when it reaches its peak value and get rich without doing anything. Delusions of "1 million dollars per Bitcoin to the moon in 1 year" abound, and speculation is the fertilizer that keeps Bitcoin growing. So why should they work for Bitcoins? They shouldn't -- at least, not for their day jobs. It's quite volatile and using them for one's daily life involves a lot of transaction and exchange fees. However, earning a Bitcoin or two is a really good investment for the future. Bubble or not, it's still better than investing in Beanie Babies and all that collectible crap.
Simon8x

Activity: 568

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 04:46:58 PM

Better ways to get free bitcoins?

Provide an example please?

Picking up dropped coins on the street? Collecting metal cans, plastic bottles, batteries, etc to sell for scraps?
Not sure if these are better than begging, but they should be better than using faucets. Grin

minerpumpkin

Activity: 686

A pumpkin mines 27 hours a night

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 04:48:14 PM

Use your chance and start a local Bitcoin exchange or buying-service. But don't forget to apply for a money-transmitting-licence!

I should have gotten into Bitcoin back in 1992...
Lanzer

Activity: 446

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 11:52:50 PM

Faucets are a joke.
 Cry

In a few years, when the price rises to the moon, they may say "If only I bought bitcoins"  Grin
i dont think that would happen again.
BitcoinStriker

Activity: 518

I am the one who knocks.

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 11:54:50 PM

Faucets are a joke.
 Cry

i dont think that would happen again.

Your profile pic...

Got tired of games and the mage decided to get some BTC to hire a beter army?  Grin

Hello.
Is it me you are looking for?
Possum577

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

Loose lips sink sigs!

View Profile WWW
July 26, 2014, 07:02:44 AM

That's how you get bitcoins for free. I guarantee that you will get more bitcoins that way than you will get from begging online or by visiting faucets.

Do you pay beggars in Sunnyvale? I doubt it...

DrG
Legendary

Activity: 2086
Merit: 1035

View Profile
July 26, 2014, 07:34:01 AM

I'm pretty sure if your ass is living in Sunnyvale you don't need to be begging in the first place.

Now if somebody in say Burma or Tibet needed Bitcoin begging would be a reasonable approach as compared to faucets  Cheesy
Anastasio

Activity: 112

Whatever you do, take care of your shoes.

View Profile
July 26, 2014, 08:01:38 AM

I heard of someone going around a big city and just posting their bitcoin address on flyers and stapling them to poles asking for a Vacation donation. Wonder how much he made.

odolvlobo
Legendary

Activity: 4326
Merit: 3241

View Profile
July 26, 2014, 08:32:30 AM

The point is that you will be lucky if you make 10 cents a day from faucets. You'll make more than that begging on the streets, even in Sunnyvale.

Join an anti-signature campaign: Click ignore on the members of signature campaigns.
PGP Fingerprint: 6B6BC26599EC24EF7E29A405EAF050539D0B2925 Signing address: 13GAVJo8YaAuenj6keiEykwxWUZ7jMoSLt
McArshur

Activity: 35
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 26, 2014, 08:54:01 AM

The point is that you will be lucky if you make 10 cents a day from faucets. You'll make more than that begging on the streets, even in Sunnyvale.

True. I've heard of beggars getting more than the average daily wage. All you have to do is find the perfect spot. A busy city, a busy street  Tongue
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All
  Print  

Jump to: