Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 10:03:33 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: MPEx securities discussion thread  (Read 11998 times)
pummle (OP)

Activity: 109
Merit: 10

Bleating sense into the world

View Profile
August 04, 2014, 05:01:10 PM

If you're going to conveniently ignore the several elephants in the room what's the point of having a discussion?

I honestly want to know what could possibly justify a trading licence that is 30 million times more expensive than the NYSE.

Seems like you've drank the koolaid and there's no turning back.

Do you have any other arguments besides the 30 btc registration? I already addressed that: I use a broker, I have never paid a 30 btc fee to trade.

Trade bitcoin stocks, funds, and futures with the MPEx broker: CoinBR.com

The best place for bitcoin betting: BitBet.us
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jimmothy

Activity: 770
Merit: 509

View Profile
August 04, 2014, 05:10:35 PM

If you're going to conveniently ignore the several elephants in the room what's the point of having a discussion?

I honestly want to know what could possibly justify a trading licence that is 30 million times more expensive than the NYSE.

Seems like you've drank the koolaid and there's no turning back.

Do you have any other arguments besides the 30 btc registration? I already addressed that: I use a broker, I have never paid a 30 btc fee to trade.

What you call a broker is just some guy who paid the 30btc and made a website in a few hours. I can't even find any contact information like a name or business address. Do you know where I can find it?

Why do you refuse to acknowledge the fact that the registration fees are nothing more than a money making scheme. The exchange has no revenue other than from new recruits which is the definition of a ponzi.

A Ponzi scheme is a fraudulent investment operation where the operator, an individual or organization, pays returns to its investors from new capital paid to the operators by new investors, rather than from profit earned by the operator. Operators of Ponzi schemes usually entice new investors by offering higher returns than other investments, in the form of short-term returns that are either abnormally high or unusually consistent. The perpetuation of the high returns requires an ever-increasing flow of money from new investors to sustain the scheme.

http://www.sec.gov/answers/ponzi.htm
kako_number3

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 04, 2014, 07:22:31 PM

What you call a broker is just some guy who paid the 30btc and made a website in a few hours.

lel. website != exchange. glbse, bitfunder, btctc and havelock were/is a website/s.
you do not need to visit mpex website to use the exchange.
pummle (OP)

View Profile
August 04, 2014, 08:04:56 PM

What you call a broker is just some guy who paid the 30btc and made a website in a few hours.

lel. website != exchange. glbse, bitfunder, btctc and havelock were/is a website/s.
you do not need to visit mpex website to use the exchange.

I think he was referring to the CoinBR website. It is true it does not list a name and address, but it does have an email and an IRC nick (which is associated with a gpg identity in the WoT) which you can contact for more details.

Atruk

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 05, 2014, 03:50:58 PM

The July S.NSA statement is impressive in just so many ways. http://trilema.com/2014/no-such-labs-snsa-july-2014-statement/

pummle (OP)

View Profile
August 05, 2014, 03:58:56 PM

The July S.NSA statement is impressive in just so many ways. http://trilema.com/2014/no-such-labs-snsa-july-2014-statement/

Clearly they are busy doing something, and they still have a ton of capital, but they have no revenue after so many months. I feel like they are trying to reinvent the wheel, while they have enough money in the bank that they could just buy whatever they wanted. I guess it is better to hold onto the money and be careful than like so many other bitcoin companies who spend all their money and disappear.

Atruk

View Profile
August 05, 2014, 05:11:24 PM

... I feel like they are trying to reinvent the wheel, while they have enough money in the bank that they could just buy whatever they wanted. I guess it is better to hold onto the money and be careful than like so many other bitcoin companies who spend all their money and disappear.

Well, consider their product mission. Sometime the reinvented wheel is the safest, and as much as Stan would have rather reinvented Lisp machine he ended up going with MIPS.

Atruk

View Profile
August 05, 2014, 11:39:13 PM

Seems information about the Advertising network is trickling out: http://trilema.com/2014/the-twinheaded-announcer-announces/

http://van-ads.com/

jimmothy

View Profile
August 05, 2014, 11:53:48 PM
Last edit: August 06, 2014, 01:03:49 AM by jimmothy

How did I know that this "advertising company" would be created/operated by the grandpuppetmaster himself?

MP needs to keep inventing companies to make it seem like his exchange has some sort of value because no real company would even consider listing there.

When will you guys catch on?
Atruk

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 01:33:03 AM

How did I know that this "advertising company" would be created/operated by the grandpuppetmaster himself?

MP needs to keep inventing companies to make it seem like his exchange has some sort of value because no real company would even consider listing there.

Actually the advertising company was made by Ben Vulpes, a person who like Mircea uses their IRL name.

Other than S.MG seems less Him inventing companies and more, him giving other people the opportunity to invent companies to either their peril (BitVPS's first listing) or success (Satoshi Dice, S.NSA (Making progress with an incredibly low burn rate, guy is amazingly the right kind of paranoid for this cause while using his real IRL name as well)). Maybe I've drunk the kool-aid, but it has Rum in it.

AcoinL.L.C
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 03:18:47 AM

Actually the advertising company was made by Ben Vulpes, a person who like Mircea uses their IRL name.

Other than S.MG seems less Him inventing companies and more, him giving other people the opportunity to invent companies to either their peril (BitVPS's first listing) or success (Satoshi Dice, S.NSA (Making progress with an incredibly low burn rate, guy is amazingly the right kind of paranoid for this cause while using his real IRL name as well)). Maybe I've drunk the kool-aid, but it has Rum in it.

Lets be fair here, Satoshi Dice is not listed on MPEx right now, not to mention they got fined by the SEC over it. I would not call that a success.

The only asset really getting any volume is the exchange itself. Their volume is so fake its like shitting a brick and telling someone its a brick of gold. Not to mention that their site is currently down right now...

Not to mention that Mircea either pays / operates several accounts on this forum that are known trolls. Why would you trust your money with a troll? I would rather trust my funds with Cryptostocks than MPEx  Roll Eyes
Their site also needs an update... For 30BTC a head you would expect something looking a little nicer than a 1990's era UI
Atruk

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 07:20:44 AM

Lets be fair here, Satoshi Dice is not listed on MPEx right now, not to mention they got fined by the SEC over it. I would not call that a success.

But MPEx is exactly and only where S.Dice was IPO'd and exactly not what Erik was fined for (that was the earlier GLBSE security based on his Twitter parasite).

The only asset really getting any volume is the exchange itself. Their volume is so fake its like shitting a brick and telling someone its a brick of gold. Not to mention that their site is currently down right now...

Seems to be up now here, but the point is that it emphasizes being a platform over a site. The www portion could be censored to hell, but the beast can function so long as the trading engine offers access.

Not to mention that Mircea either pays / operates several accounts on this forum that are known trolls. Why would you trust your money with a troll? I would rather trust my funds with Cryptostocks than MPEx  Roll Eyes
Their site also needs an update... For 30BTC a head you would expect something looking a little nicer than a 1990's era UI

What you'd rather trust a nice doge coiner with slick modern Ajax and see the underlying sink from 300 satoshis per to 35? That critics are mean is not a useful counter critique.

For the record Mircea has paid many reliably many times before for a number of purposes, but not for posting on this forum.

I will conceed though that I interact with MPEx through Coinbr (if I do at all) simply because I won't admit to having the 600+ BTC it would take to make a direct license worthwhile. Mircea creates a space around himself through MPEx and other tools where people can act sanely according to principles Bitcoin supports. That is the value of the enterprise.

pummle (OP)

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 01:00:36 PM

Make sure you are going to the right site, the new website is mpex.ws.

What you'd rather trust a nice doge coiner with slick modern Ajax and see the underlying sink from 300 satoshis per to 35? That critics are mean is not a useful counter critique.

For the record Mircea has paid many reliably many times before for a number of purposes, but not for posting on this forum.

Well, they did in the past employ MPOE-PR to post on this forum. But that was an open arrangement know to all.

hdbuck
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1002

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 02:59:29 PM

Not to mention that Mircea either pays / operates several accounts on this forum that are known trolls. Why would you trust your money with a troll? I would rather trust my funds with Cryptostocks than MPEx  Roll Eyes

Well, they did in the past employ MPOE-PR to post on this forum. But that was an open arrangement know to all.

now he pays to see tities Grin
EternalWingsofGod

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 06:12:23 AM

Not to mention that Mircea either pays / operates several accounts on this forum that are known trolls. Why would you trust your money with a troll? I would rather trust my funds with Cryptostocks than MPEx  Roll Eyes

now he pays to see tities Grin

PFFT
That is something else but 0.1 BTC for a pair of them should just find girlsforbitcoins Cheesy
F** mean thanks for sharing lol.

Sharing tits from all over the world.
Great company though Grin

desired_username

Activity: 879
Merit: 1013

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 08:24:29 AM

Does anyone send money to these scammers?

Newbies beware.
pummle (OP)

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 03:32:58 PM

PFFT
That is something else but 0.1 BTC for a pair of them should just find girlsforbitcoins Cheesy
F** mean thanks for sharing lol.

Sharing tits from all over the world.
Great company though Grin

The point is not to see some tits, the point is to attract girls into #bitcoin-assets, and force them to start using bitcoin and gpg and IRC and such.

pummle (OP)

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 03:44:12 PM

Does anyone send money to these scammers?

Newbies beware.

Yes, newbies should always check into things thoroughly, especially when it involves sending bitcoins.

Unlike so many other places asking for bitcoins, the people in this case have a presence in the WoT, so it is easy to check up on them. Just find the people who have rated them in the WoT, and verify the history. If you do not trust any of the raters in the WoT, check their trust by asking their raters, until you find someone you do trust (that is how the WoT works). If you have not interacted with any of these WoT nodes, then do not send any bitcoins. Instead, get involved in bitcoin and check back later (bitcoin is still so small, it should not take long for your trust web to expand to include major players such as the people running and listed on MPEx).

jimmothy

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 03:55:46 PM

WoT is a gimmick just like GPG. 99.9% of bitcoin businesses don't take it seriously.

It does the same thing as the forum trust system.

Do you really think WoT prevents scammers? If anything it does the opposite.
pummle (OP)

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 04:09:54 PM

WoT is a gimmick just like GPG. 99.9% of bitcoin businesses don't take it seriously.

It does the same thing as the forum trust system.

Do you really think WoT prevents scammers? If anything it does the opposite.

GPG is a gimmick? What, you can crack encrypted messages now?

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: