Bitcoin Forum
May 20, 2024, 10:22:41 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Need Help  (Read 1390 times)
pathankp (OP)

Activity: 185
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 12:12:56 AM

hello guys, I am newbie  Shocked

well my question is how do I generate BitCoins ?
do I need to buy some sort of Hardware ? or software.
What kind of Hardware I need to buy and what else required with that hardware.
williamj2543

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

Get ready for PrimeDice Sig Campaign!

View Profile WWW
July 25, 2014, 12:14:07 AM

Expensive ASICSs are the only way right now to mine them. Even then theres a chance that you won't ROI. I wouldn't mine, I would just buy some bitcoin and wait till the price drives up.

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
▓▓▓▓▓  BIT-X.comvvvvvvvvvvvvvvi
→ CREATE ACCOUNT 
▓▓▓▓▓
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
KeyserSozeMC

Activity: 742

I'm dying.

View Profile WWW
July 25, 2014, 12:14:40 AM

Do you have any money? So you can rent machines from other people and generate bitcoins? ( Not profitable. )

You can mine altcoins although.

Hey, smexy. Don't waste your time. Time's precious.
onezerobit

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
July 25, 2014, 12:27:11 AM

BTC mining right now, not so profitable.
Unless you got deeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeepppppp pockets and the patience.

Still there is a chance you wont get any BTC.

www.1zerobit.com - Don't just sit there, go trade
bitllionaire
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 12:37:48 AM

now,the only way is buying
too late to mine  Sad
regedit

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 09:56:55 AM

you should try hosted mining like ghash.io and for bitcoin wallet you use blockchain.info
DrG
Legendary

Activity: 2086
Merit: 1035

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 11:47:58 AM

you should try hosted mining like ghash.io and for bitcoin wallet you use blockchain.info

You've been here for 6 months and that's the advice you give?  Shocked Huh

ADVICE: unless you have over a million dollars of investment capital you will most probably not make money by mining.  You need this large amount so you can mine with higher efficiencies of scale and get discount from ASIC companies and cut ahead of end users.  So mining is not for the little guy. Why are the little guys buying ASICs - because they haven't bothered to do the math or think they can beat the difficulty increases.

Forget mining for the time being, focus on earning more income and buying BTC with that income.  This may change in 6 months, but right now mining is not profitable for the end user.
Simon8x

Activity: 568

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 04:29:20 PM

To get some bitcoin, you can buy it on exchanges or localbitcoins. You can also earn it by providing services and joining signature campaign.

You can mine bitcoin with ASICs (special hardware that can do nothing other than mining), but I don't think it is a good investment at all.
You would be better off by spending the money to buy bitcoin directly IMO.

minerpumpkin

Activity: 686

A pumpkin mines 27 hours a night

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 04:34:48 PM

Make sure you read about all the scams or companies that don't deliver on time. If you want to get involved with bitcoin, the best thing is just to buy some and keep them in a cold-/paper-wallet.

I should have gotten into Bitcoin back in 1992...
regedit

Activity: 252

View Profile
July 26, 2014, 01:57:08 AM

You've been here for 6 months and that's the advice you give?  Shocked Huh

Sorry for that i don't know much english, but i hope my advice help
Dare

Activity: 508

Techwolf on #bitcoin and Reddit

View Profile WWW
July 26, 2014, 06:06:14 AM

Though you can mine altcoins and exchange them for bitcoin, you won't be able to mine bitcoins yourself without spending a rather ludicrous amount of money on ASICs, and even then there's a decent change you won't earn enough to pay for your initial investment in the hardware.

Your best option is to buy bitcoins with your local currency. If you're in the US, I recommend Coinbase, otherwise you should be able to find someone relatively nearby to trade with on LocalBitcoins.

BTC: 1M8oUcBnkRDEhWWgV8ZXLTB6p1mgnejVbX
How Forum Activity Works
Bitcointalk Forum Rules
|
|
|
Firstbits (lucky vanitygen): 1WoLfRUGDx1
How Forum Trust Works
Bitcoin Source Code
Possum577

Activity: 434

Loose lips sink sigs!

View Profile WWW
July 26, 2014, 06:14:35 AM

Find a way to offer a service which will pay you in Bitcoin....^^^^^^.

There's an auction sub-forum here (find it in Marketplace) which may find you someone looking for services and willing to pay in BTC or you could always. Snoop around here and I guarantee you'll find something good...vvvvvv.

AuroraHF

Activity: 784

View Profile
July 26, 2014, 06:48:44 AM

You'll have to mine coins, and to do it effectively, you need ASICS.

lmao
rohnearner

Activity: 350
Merit: 252

REAL-EYES || REAL-IZE || REAL-LIES||

View Profile WWW
July 26, 2014, 09:15:05 AM

You'll have to mine coins, and to do it effectively, you need ASICS.
And to buy them you need good amount of money. Even if you have that you'll need Patience , Time .
There are many out there who still thinks that they can mine btc with there laptops. Yesterday someone asked me over facebook " Do you know about bitcoin mining , you just need to run some software on your PC and that's it " my reply was " hmm, Ok "

serje
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1002

View Profile
July 26, 2014, 09:21:26 AM

you can mine BTC with laptop but You will need to let it run for more than a year to reach the 0.01 payout ... if you ever get to that target! Smiley

Best way to get BTC is to start your business and sell services for BTC Smiley

or just buy them!

if you are a long term investor and have a decent amount of money for investment then buy some asics ... but i would recommend you to find a dealer nearby and buy them in person .... you might not break even when the asic become obsolete but I think that if you wait more after that you will have a nice profit because the price is always going up ... just don't freak out and sell Smiley

Space for rent if its still trending
rohnearner

Activity: 350
Merit: 252

REAL-EYES || REAL-IZE || REAL-LIES||

View Profile WWW
July 26, 2014, 09:40:11 AM

you can mine BTC with laptop but You will need to let it run for more than a year to reach the 0.01 payout ... if you ever get to that target! Smiley
According to current exchange rates that's around 6$ in a year and your laptop will consume more Power than 6$ in a year doing that, so not worth it.

minerpumpkin

Activity: 686

A pumpkin mines 27 hours a night

View Profile
July 26, 2014, 11:32:45 AM

According to current exchange rates that's around 6$ in a year and your laptop will consume more Power than 6$ in a year doing that, so not worth it.

Exactly. He's basically saying that mining with a plain old notebook computer doesn't pay off. Even GPU mining isn't profitably anymore. You need ASICs!

I should have gotten into Bitcoin back in 1992...
Shogen
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 26, 2014, 11:52:25 AM

If you are looking for some fun, you can buy a USB miner (cheap, not much heat and noise, easy to set up), but if you are looking for profit, you should do some research and check with a mining profit calculator.

BeeTeeSea

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 26, 2014, 02:27:59 PM

Buying is the fastest way.
williamj2543

Activity: 588

Get ready for PrimeDice Sig Campaign!

View Profile WWW
July 26, 2014, 02:30:45 PM

I wouldn't even think about mining these days. Theres a small chance you will ROI, and only if you buy an extremely expensive ASIC.

▓▓▓▓▓  BIT-X.comvvvvvvvvvvvvvvi
→ CREATE ACCOUNT 
▓▓▓▓▓
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: