Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 05:02:52 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Symbol???  (Read 2275 times)
Nerazzura (OP)

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 10:16:49 AM

Ƀ is for Bitcoin

I came across this website the other day while trying to find a font that had the bitcoin symbol. I found out that there is no font symbol for BTC, at least not for the current design found everywhere. I'm hoping that someday this symbol becomes the official one, seeing as it's found in quite a few font types.  Grin Cool

Here's the site if you'd like to read more about it. http://bitcoinsymbol.org/
btmtb

Activity: 291

Scam-Busting PSA: Beware of Black Arrow Software

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 10:19:58 AM

What about BTC
Baitty

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

Currently held as collateral by monbux

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 11:02:41 AM

What about BTC

That's the official Bitcoin symbol which everyones knows.

bitkilo
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1010

https://www.bitcoin.com/

View Profile WWW
July 25, 2014, 11:06:50 AM

I remember reading an old email or post somewhere on the net where i think it was satoshi asking Gavin if he liked the idea of the B with two lines though it so i think we'll stick to that, if any1 can provide a link 2 this email it would be good 2 read again. Im sure computers will be coming out with BTC on their keyboards soon

Baitty

Activity: 532

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 11:12:04 AM

I remember reading an old email or post somewhere on the net where i think it was satoshi asking Gavin if he liked the idea of the B with two lines though it so i think we'll stick to that, if any1 can provide a link 2 this email it would be good 2 read again. Im sure computers will be coming out with BTC on their keyboards soon

Actually I saw earlier this month in the goods sub forum keyboards which did have the Bitcoin symbol on it and it was a pretty active thread.

Remember remember the 5th of November
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1011

Reverse engineer from time to time

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 11:14:17 AM

What about BTC
I believe this symbol was for the Thai Baht.

BTC:1AiCRMxgf1ptVQwx6hDuKMu4f7F27QmJC2
btmtb

Activity: 291

Scam-Busting PSA: Beware of Black Arrow Software

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 11:24:13 AM

What about BTC
I believe this symbol was for the Thai Baht.
The Thai Baht only has a single vertical through-line from I can tell. I'm far from Thai though, so I'm happy to be schooled.

https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Bitcoin_symbol interesting reading.
Sheldor333

Activity: 406

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 01:10:55 PM

There is a bitcoin symbol, you can easily find it online. Just look around a little, it's not that hard.

Kazimir
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1003

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 01:32:35 PM

BTC is by far the most used, best known symbol for Bitcoin. It also resembles the "B" in the well known commonly used orange Bitcoin logo:

Since BTC is not an official unicode character, people sometimes write it as ฿ (B with one vertical bar instead of two, unicode U+0E3F). Looks fine imho, however some people consider it problematic since this symbol is also used for the Thai Baht. Then again, there are many different kind of dollar and pound currencies, and they all use $ and £, no problem there.

Ƀ is sometimes used as an alternative, having the advantage that it is an official unicode character (U+0243) and no confusion with any other currency. But it's used much less, and not as common and recognized as the BTC symbol.

Note that you can very easily include BTC as text on websites (fully scalable along with the rest of your textual content) by using Font Awesome.

In theory, there's no difference between theory and practice. In practice, there is.
Insert coin(s): 1KazimirL9MNcnFnoosGrEkmMsbYLxPPob
StatusSeeking

Activity: 78
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 06:09:12 AM

Instead of campaigning to change the symbol you should campaign to add a B with two vertical lines to Unicode: http://www.unicode.org/pending/proposals.html
bitbaby

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
July 28, 2014, 06:36:14 AM

What about BTC

That's the symbol but it is not available as a font, if you try to copy paste this elsewhere it will only show "B" because it is not a unicode character.

pajrinn

Activity: 234
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 10:00:00 AM

symbol btc not in the font text  Undecided
maybe later avaible
R2D221

Activity: 658

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 11:21:42 AM

If you look at this site's CSS, you can see and download the font used for the BTC symbol.

An economy based on endless growth is unsustainable.
blatchcorn

Activity: 952
Merit: 281

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 11:37:09 AM

It is up to Unicode to incorporate Bitcoin, not for Bitcoin to choose from a pre-existing character.  Simples
Ahayy

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 11:54:08 AM

bitcoin symbol is BTC

iluvpie60

Activity: 700

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 12:26:00 PM

i think it should be BTC but slightly tilted like the orange logo we have all come to love hehe

why not? like make it with a slight tilt idk. bitcoin symbol can be a good thing to spread aroudn too. make sure you people print it off and leave it places Smiley
Game Sir

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 12:49:16 PM

I think we can buy the hash immediately.
R2D221

Activity: 658

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 12:50:40 PM

i think it should be BTC but slightly tilted like the orange logo we have all come to love hehe

why not? like make it with a slight tilt idk. bitcoin symbol can be a good thing to spread aroudn too. make sure you people print it off and leave it places Smiley
The tilted BTC may be good for a logo, but inside text, it should follow that text's style. It it's not tilted, then the symbol should not be.

An economy based on endless growth is unsustainable.
sgk
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1002

!! HODL !!

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 12:58:54 PM

Ƀ is for Bitcoin

I came across this website the other day while trying to find a font that had the bitcoin symbol. I found out that there is no font symbol for BTC, at least not for the current design found everywhere. I'm hoping that someday this symbol becomes the official one, seeing as it's found in quite a few font types.  Grin Cool

Here's the site if you'd like to read more about it. http://bitcoinsymbol.org/

A long discussion on proposed new symbol took place here:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=563046.0

I personally don't like the proposed one.
oceans

Activity: 406

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 02:24:02 PM

Whenever someone mentions the bitcoin symbol I always see it as being this BTC I guess because it's what has always been used so it's something I am used to. I do understand there was talk of a new bitcoin logo however I have not seen much on that to be honest.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: