Bitcoin Forum
June 18, 2024, 02:18:39 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How much time you have spent in jail  (Read 2509 times)
onlinepro

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 11:14:09 PM

I haven't spent any time in jail, and I don't plan on spending any time in there at all.

Based on what I've heard/read, it's not a pleasant place to be in.

So no thanks  Grin

"Based on what I've heard/read, it's not a pleasant place to be in."
Really Shocked Jail is like my top1 holiday resort!
For people who have zero skills and are lazy jail is actually good. It provides 3 meals per day and a bed to sleep on. These are things that some people cannot get on their own.

It's not really that simple. Have you ever heard about the sort of violence and sexual violence that occurs within prisons? Are 3 meals a day and a bed worth the threat of getting raped or shivved?

I have heard that too. From movies Grin
Violence depends a lot about your country.
And I don't think that rapes are very common in any prison.

TRex95

Activity: 44
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 11:26:15 PM

I haven't spent any time in jail, and I don't plan on spending any time in there at all.

So no thanks  Grin

For people who have zero skills and are lazy jail is actually good. It provides 3 meals per day and a bed to sleep on. These are things that some people cannot get on their own.

It's not really that simple. Have you ever heard about the sort of violence and sexual violence that occurs within prisons? Are 3 meals a day and a bed worth the threat of getting raped or shivved?
That can happen on the street among homeless people as well, especially when they are desperate for food/shelter. 
onlinepro

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 11:32:24 PM

So no thanks  Grin

That can happen on the street among homeless people as well, especially when they are desperate for food/shelter.  

"I'm hungry and it is cold  Cry Time for gay rape Cheesy"
Not that it would happen in jail either.

gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3014

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 11:57:06 PM

I think that depends on whether you're imprisoned in a reasonably civilised country or not. The US is not one of them in this case.

Plenty of friends of mine have been to UK prisons. Nothing of that sort was observed by any of them. Most of the time they were smoking pot or playing 'soccer'.
BayAreaCoins
Legendary

Activity: 3920
Merit: 1248

Owner at AltQuick.com & FreeBitcoins.com

View Profile WWW
July 28, 2014, 12:06:42 AM

Most of the time they were smoking pot or playing 'soccer'.

Sounds horrible!!! Cheesy

https://AltQuick.com/exchange/ - Trade altcoins & Bitcoin Testnet coins with real Bitcoin. Fast, private, and easy!
https://FreeBitcoins.com/faucet/ - Load your AltQuick exchange account with free Bitcoins & Testnet every 10 minutes.
LostDutchman

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
July 28, 2014, 12:54:31 AM

Six hours once for contempt of court.

Thirteen hours in a case of mistaken identity.

Three days in a Third World Shithole jail until US Embassy personell arrived.

lawdy! Hopefully you sued. Shit with the today's laws, anything's possible, lol.

Oh, none for me.

Uh, no.

It was really best for me to just get the Hell out of there and never go back.

Corporations For Crypto
Protect Your Assets and Reduce Your Tax Liability With A Kansas Corporation!
We Demand Justice From BFL
nwfella
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1000

Well hello there!

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 01:12:18 AM

If you gotta do any serious stretch of time it's hard to beat Venezuela :p

Just make sure you get yourself hooked up with one of the major drug cartel's before you get sentenced Wink

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kCpSRU1aMsg

¯¯̿̿¯̿̿'̿̿̿̿̿̿̿'̿̿'̿̿̿̿̿'̿̿̿)͇̿̿)̿̿̿̿ '̿̿̿̿̿̿\̵͇̿̿\=(•̪̀●́)=o/̵͇̿̿/'̿̿ ̿ ̿̿

Gimme the crypto!!
WillyBTC

Activity: 312

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 01:19:00 AM

So no thanks  Grin

I have heard that too. From movies Grin
Violence depends a lot about your country.
And I don't think that rapes are very common in any prison.

In any medium security prison and up in the US, you'd be very, very wrong. There are a lot of statistics on this stuff, but I can't be bothered right now to dredge them up. I have heard similar things about prisons in India, and only assumed similar things about other places. Can't be sure either way....
Tbone123

Activity: 174
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 01:20:32 AM

Never... that's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Internet of People - USA North Chapter Leader
WillyBTC

Activity: 312

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 01:23:21 AM

LOL -- nice wording there. It's okay, Tbone, your secret is safe with us! What were you in for? How long? Tongue I spent a night in a holding cell, but was never charged with anything. Smiley
sed

Activity: 532

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 01:27:20 AM

Never been to jail, but was in the drunk tank for 8 hours because I couldn't walk straight. That shit sucks...

I think that is the same as "jail".  We can distinguish "prison" as something you're sentenced to.  However, whenever the cops arrest you and stick you somewhere you don't want to be and don't let you out, I think you're officially in "jail".
IamCANADIAN013

Merit: 503

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 02:58:38 AM

Never been in for a long period of time, but I did spend the night in the drunk tank. So technically, I've spent time in jail.  Man did it suck.  If I remember correctly, there were about 10 or 12 0f us in there. 

They let us out in pairs as we sobered up, they guy they let me out with obviously needed to spend a few more hours in the tank.  He ended up passing out on the steps after he decided to smoke a joint, LOL!

Pretty funny looking back, sucked at the time though as it was on the outskirts of town and I was stuck walking home for over an hour.
dudexer

Activity: 213
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 03:03:02 AM

0 years 0 days 0 hours 0 minutes 0 seconds. Hopefully it stays like this.
yes, that's bad thing to have. It is zero sec. for me.
LostDutchman

Activity: 476

View Profile WWW
July 28, 2014, 03:27:14 AM

Do I know you?

Wink

Corporations For Crypto
Protect Your Assets and Reduce Your Tax Liability With A Kansas Corporation!
We Demand Justice From BFL
dwi0021

Activity: 61
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 04:52:20 AM

I been to jail visiting my friend.
fatguyyyyy

Activity: 406

Bitcoin Mixer: https://BitLaunder.com

View Profile WWW
July 28, 2014, 05:02:34 AM

I pay the police with donuts. And they let me out.  Cool

Inotanewbie

Activity: 252

www.CloudThink.IO

View Profile WWW
July 28, 2014, 05:16:20 AM

I pay the police with donuts. And they let me out.  Cool
LOL. I thought that the police raced to Duncan donuts whenever they heard that there was a doughnut sale?

cloudthink.io   

Truly Profitable Investment Packages
Custom-Built ASIC Miners ● #1 Self-Sustainable Bitcoin Mining Service in the World ●
TaunSew

Activity: 756
Merit: 506

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 05:19:22 AM

That's because this website is full of Europeans.  Jail in Europe is like a gated country club by American standards.   American prison on the other hand - they shove you into a dink cell, half the inmates get cholera and your cell mate Bubba on death row hasn't seen a woman in four years.  That definitely discourages you from committing crimes!  Can't do the time then don't do the crime.

There ain't no Revolution like a NEMolution.  The only solution is Bitcoin's dissolution! NEM!
ChiliPowder

Activity: 560
Merit: 257

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 05:41:17 AM

That's because this website is full of Europeans.  Jail in Europe is like a gated country club by American standards.   American prison on the other hand - they shove you into a dink cell, half the inmates get cholera and your cell mate Bubba on death row hasn't seen a woman in four years.  That definitely discourages you from committing crimes!  Can't do the time then don't do the crime.

That is the f&cking truth, murders in Europe get like 15 years of the best living ever. Murder someone in the US and your sitting in the SHU or Solitary for life. Not that im complaining, kill someone you should def lose your rights. Makes you feel bad though for non violent offenders who get 25 years and get put in solitary. Thank god I have never had to go to jail, I had a few friends that went and they came out better criminals then before. They made connections and came out full speed crooks.
davien

Activity: 462

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 07:02:02 AM

once  i hit a double 6 in monopoly and i went directly to jail, i stood a round. thats all .

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: