Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 05:42:00 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Black Arrow X-1 and X-3 (not modded by Black Arrow) Thread  (Read 13595 times)
tempestb

Activity: 729
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 14, 2014, 02:27:27 PM

I'm no lawyer, but my understanding of Chinese law is that contracts are what amounts to consumer protection.  If they follow the letter of the contract, in China, this is legal.  In the United States you have organizations like the FTC that have rules that trump any contract.  But they have no enforcement in China.  It's one of those hard lessons I've learned about doing business with China directly and not having a middle-man (And why Alibaba is popular, because it acts like the middle-man) 

China has adopted some consumer protection laws recently, but I'm not sure if they trump contracts like the FTC does in the U.S.   Only a lawyer with knowledge of Chinese law is really going to be able to tell you if you have a shot at taking them to court and winning.  And whether it's worth the time and money.

1D7JwRnoungL1YQy7sJMsqmA8BHkPcKGDJ
We mine as we dream...  Alone
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Dallas5

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
October 14, 2014, 05:47:02 PM

I'm no lawyer, but my understanding of Chinese law is that contracts are what amounts to consumer protection.  If they follow the letter of the contract, in China, this is legal.  In the United States you have organizations like the FTC that have rules that trump any contract.  But they have no enforcement in China.  It's one of those hard lessons I've learned about doing business with China directly and not having a middle-man (And why Alibaba is popular, because it acts like the middle-man) 

China has adopted some consumer protection laws recently, but I'm not sure if they trump contracts like the FTC does in the U.S.   Only a lawyer with knowledge of Chinese law is really going to be able to tell you if you have a shot at taking them to court and winning.  And whether it's worth the time and money.

I used Minersource as a middle man still no refund after months of waiting and many promises. But at least as you state I can get the FTC involved.

About BA I do believe you can't make an agreement binding if it contradicts the countries laws.

I hope everyone will be compensated or refunded before the end of the year, but I fear something like what happened to butterfly labs must happen first.

Sonix711

Activity: 43
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 16, 2017, 12:01:20 AM

Hey everyone Smiley

Just wanted to say that it appears that the main forum for the X1 and X3 on the ecointalk.net forum website no longer works.

This is the link to the forum archive on WayBack Machine in case it helps anyone... - https://web.archive.org/web/20160414051942/http://ecointalk.net/

Here is my dropbox share for the files that I use to fix my Android X1 - make sure you use the correct firmware for your X1 as I think there were 2 different control boards that were used, so using the wrong firmware will brick your miner... !!!      - https://www.dropbox.com/sh/xhn0giori7u2k5a/AAAF9mRpJS3ZCKjtLjvSXqn_a?dl=0

If your having problems flashing your firmware, make sure your using a Micro SD card thats 8GB minimum - I wouldn't go larger than 16GB or 32GB really either...Huh I have a dedicated 8GB X1 reflash Micro SD card that I don't use for anything else...creating the Micro SD card from the image wipes / overwrites the card your using... !!!

I only have the firmware file for my X1, but if anyone has the other firmware file or anything else relevant, I'll upload it to my dropbox share too...

I remember Jumbley and Stuart from Logic Ethos were great forum members on ecointalk.net if that helps anyone aswell... I'm sure there were other great forum members on there too... and on here... Smiley

You can also find me on Youtube... Smiley

Think thats all I got...

Cheers everyone - take care... Smiley

Sonix711.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  

Jump to: