Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 02:53:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: blackcoin march/april moon trip and altcoin scene going to shit?  (Read 909 times)
paradigmflux (OP)

Activity: 378
Merit: 254

small fry

View Profile WWW
July 26, 2014, 05:40:08 PM

like right when they all got rich a few months ago (what was it, march or april maybe?) when www.blackcoinpool.com was very first released (and when they stopped using the www.blackcoinminer.com domain name - the github for that old domain is still open to the public and explains tons about the suspiciously high hashrates / miner counts that blackcoinpool always has) - that was like the defining moment when things turned to shit, i think.  Like before that I don't think the majority of coins were 100% attempts to hustle and scam BTC.

Shit, before like march/april we only had one word for a premine!

Or maybe it was when DRK started taking off (which was interesting enough only a few weeks after BC shot up back then, if I recall correctly).

does anyone else agree?

It makes me wish there was some kind of archive for altcoin timeline events (and no, i don't mean that shitty scamcoin calendar) so we could eaily look back and see what events lined up with what events.

OH! and before you DRK and BC people get all on my ass about how great your coins are - before you post anything like that, you tell me even a single thing that would be missed if either of your coins were completely destroyed tomorrow.  Like who would be missing out on what, exactly? Our scene needs to stop artificially inflating coin prices on sheer speculative value alone because there are no reliable ways of confirming speculative value in a scene with as little trust as this. We need to start basing prices on coin functionality and technical merit instead.

---
NXT Multipool! Mine Scrypt, SHA, Keccak or X11 for NXT! http://hashrate.org
http://hashrate.org/getting_started for port info!
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
paradigmflux (OP)

small fry

View Profile WWW
July 26, 2014, 05:51:50 PM

A confidence trick is an attempt to defraud a person or group after first gaining their confidence, in the classical sense of trust. A confidence artist (or con artist) is an individual, operating alone or in concert with others, who exploits characteristics of the human psyche such as dishonesty, honesty, vanity, compassion, credulity, irresponsibility, naïveté, or greed.

The perpetrator of a confidence trick (or "con-trick") is often referred to as a confidence (or "con") man, woman or artist, or a "grifter".
A confidence trick is also known as a con game, a con, a scam, a grift, a hustle, a bunko (or bunco), a swindle, a flimflam, a gaffle or a bamboozle. The intended victims are known as "marks" or "suckers", and when accomplices are employed, they are known as shills.
A short con is a fast swindle which takes just minutes. It aims to rob the victim of everything in his or her wallet.[2] A long or big con is a scam that unfolds over several days or weeks and involves a team of swindlers, as well as props, sets, extras, costumes, and scripted lines. It aims to rob the victim of thousands of dollars, often by getting him or her to empty out banking accounts and borrow from family members.

The Six Definite Steps or Stages of Growth in a planned Grift
Foundation Work
The preparations which are made before the scheme is put in motion, including the elaboration of the plan, the employment of assistants and so forth.
Approach or ANN
The manner of getting in touch with the victim—often most elaborately and carefully prepared.
Build-up
Rousing and sustaining the interest of the victim, introducing the scheme to him, rousing his greed, showing him the chance of profit and filling him with so much anticipation and cupidity that his judgment is warped and his caution thrown away.
Pay-off or Convincer
An actual or apparent paying of money by the conspirators to convince the victim and settle doubts by a cash demonstration. In the old banco game the initial small bets which the victim was allowed to win were the pay-off. In stock swindles the fake dividends sent to stockholders to encourage larger investments are the pay-off.
The Hurrah
This is like the dénouement in a play and no con scheme is complete without it. It is a sudden crisis or unexpected development by which the sucker is pushed over the last doubt or obstacle and forced to act. Once the hurrah is sprung either the scammer has total control or the con fails.
The In-and-In
This is the point in a con game where the conspirator puts some of his money into the deal with that of the victim; first, to remove the last doubt that may tarry in the gull’s mind, and, second, to put the con man in control of the situation after the deal is completed, thus forestalling a squeal. Often the whole game is built up around this feature and just as often it does not figure at all.

Vulnerability to Confidence Scams
Confidence tricks exploit typical human characteristics such as greed, dishonesty, vanity, opportunism, lust, compassion, credulity, irresponsibility, desperation, and naïvety. As such, there is no consistent profile of a confidence trick victim; the common factor is simply that the victim relies on the good faith of the con artist. Victims of investment scams tend to show an incautious level of greed and gullibility, and many con artists target the elderly, but even alert and educated people may be taken in by other forms of confidence trick.
Accomplices, also known as shills, help manipulate the mark into accepting the perpetrator's plan. In a traditional confidence trick, the mark is led to believe that he will be able to win money or some other prize by doing some task. The accomplices may pretend to be strangers who have benefited from performing the task in the past.
A greedy or dishonest victim may attempt to out-cheat the perpetrator, eventually realizing that he or she had been manipulated into losing from the beginning.

---
boxuser

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

Credits CRD 1st Decentralized Exchange coin

View Profile
July 26, 2014, 05:59:04 PM

you might be right, i guess it is related, i am curious too about this because the whole altcoin scene is going down right now, and almost every coin is losing a much value, and because of scams like this, some really innovative coins like Credits CRD https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=634403.0 for example are being ignored 

like right when they all got rich a few months ago (what was it, march or april maybe?) when www.blackcoinpool.com was very first released (and when they stopped using the www.blackcoinminer.com domain name - the github for that old domain is still open to the public and explains tons about the suspiciously high hashrates / miner counts that blackcoinpool always has) - that was like the defining moment when things turned to shit, i think.  Like before that I don't think the majority of coins were 100% attempts to hustle and scam BTC.

Shit, before like march/april we only had one word for a premine!

Or maybe it was when DRK started taking off (which was interesting enough only a few weeks after BC shot up back then, if I recall correctly).

does anyone else agree?

It makes me wish there was some kind of archive for altcoin timeline events (and no, i don't mean that shitty scamcoin calendar) so we could eaily look back and see what events lined up with what events.

OH! and before you DRK and BC people get all on my ass about how great your coins are - before you post anything like that, you tell me even a single thing that would be missed if either of your coins were completely destroyed tomorrow.  Like who would be missing out on what, exactly? Our scene needs to stop artificially inflating coin prices on sheer speculative value alone because there are no reliable ways of confirming speculative value in a scene with as little trust as this. We need to start basing prices on coin functionality and technical merit instead.

damiano
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000

103 days, 21 hours and 10 minutes.

View Profile
July 26, 2014, 06:01:52 PM

Blackcoin is shit.

I'm  still shocked it has sustained it's marketcap.  There are a ton of other coins with way more use.  The fact Vericoin is valued less than Blackcoin should be enough reason in itself.  I don't even like Vericoin, but even it's uses outweighs BC.
j5crypto

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 26, 2014, 07:12:06 PM

BC was the POS spark in the Altcoin market. It was the first big  one to innovate pos/hybrid technology.

I remember when black coin first came on the scene. It was marketed  to people fed up with being under privileged. I never got into it and a few weeks/months later it was BC with all new marketing and something fresh on the scene. I still never got into it.

This guy says that BC is 100% premined - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=624223.0
I don't remember it being 100% premined. This is my point. Who is going to get into BC when negative rumors are floating.(other than a hyped pump of-course).

BC came out with Halo and whats the other thing called(you know what im talking about), any way these seam to be very innovative. I looked at the wallets and i was impressed(i did not use them just looked at functionality). I really thought ppl would see these and buy into BC(as i was temped myself but i held off). Decentralized exchange and assets all from a POS coin. This is pretty amazing stuff. The market completely ignored it for some reason(based on price).

The price has come down to $6 million. Again i am tempted to buy because im impressed with dev team and lack of slowdown. I again hold off on purchasing.

Here we are today talking about BC and how it has gone to ****.

----

Fill me in on what i am missing. Why and what is going on with BC right now?

They could continue to be the POS innovators and be known for that. Maybe BC is trying to get cheap so to buy it up cheap before the next pump campaign?
paradigmflux (OP)

small fry

View Profile WWW
July 26, 2014, 07:46:49 PM

BC was the POS spark in the Altcoin market. It was the first big  one to innovate pos/hybrid technology.

I remember when black coin first came on the scene. It was marketed  to people fed up with being under privileged. I never got into it and a few weeks/months later it was BC with all new marketing and something fresh on the scene. I still never got into it.

This guy says that BC is 100% premined - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=624223.0
I don't remember it being 100% premined. This is my point. Who is going to get into BC when negative rumors are floating.(other than a hyped pump of-course).

BC came out with Halo and whats the other thing called(you know what im talking about), any way these seam to be very innovative. I looked at the wallets and i was impressed(i did not use them just looked at functionality). I really thought ppl would see these and buy into BC(as i was temped myself but i held off). Decentralized exchange and assets all from a POS coin. This is pretty amazing stuff. The market completely ignored it for some reason(based on price).

The price has come down to $6 million. Again i am tempted to buy because im impressed with dev team and lack of slowdown. I again hold off on purchasing.

----

They could continue to be the POS innovators and be known for that. Maybe BC is trying to get cheap so to buy it up cheap before the next pump campaign?

BC did not come up with POS.  PPC was the first POS coin by well over a year.  NXT was close to PPC in terms of implementing POS.  Anyone believing that BC was forging new ground being a stake coin really needs to learn some crypto coin history and stop reading misinformation.

And none of the blackhalo work is anything more than a direct rip of NXT features, it's like the people organizing BC have wet dreams of one day having as much functionality as NXT has already had for monthes.
I just think some of the biggest grifters in the whole crypto scene made their seed money off of blackcoin.
the highlight was how they were all about being the 'doges of wall street' and stuff - as if they weren't aware of the fact that the wolf of wall street is a tale of one of the biggest investment grifter fraud artists of all time.  i'm sure he's like their primadonna fuckin idol.

it's no wonder that we're left with so much shit afterwards....

---
j5crypto

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 26, 2014, 08:14:14 PM
Last edit: July 26, 2014, 08:35:36 PM by j5crypto

----

BC did not come up with POS.  PPC was the first POS coin by well over a year.  NXT was close to PPC in terms of implementing POS.  Anyone believing that BC was forging new ground being a stake coin really needs to learn some crypto coin history and stop reading misinformation.

And none of the blackhalo work is anything more than a direct rip of NXT features, it's like the people organizing BC have wet dreams of one day having as much functionality as NXT has already had for monthes.
I just think some of the biggest grifters in the whole crypto scene made their seed money off of blackcoin.
the highlight was how they were all about being the 'doges of wall street' and stuff - as if they weren't aware of the fact that the wolf of wall street is a tale of one of the biggest investment grifter fraud artists of all time.  i'm sure he's like their primadonna fuckin idol.

it's no wonder that we're left with so much shit afterwards....

Well i hope youre not insinuating that i said BC came up with POS because I said nothing of the sort. I said it sparked the POS flood gates.

Blackhalo ripped off NXT features, so what, they have a unique implementation(it's innovation and can be continually improved upon possibly surpassing the NXT inspiration it was derived from). The best often steal/borrow/copy from the best.

I don't follow BC so its interesting to hear about the BC community affairs allbeit second source. I like the platform from the outside looking in. I just dont have the confidence to lay down cold hard cash yet, and thats my fundamental problem with BC.

update..
(is blackhalo even opensource?)(im starting to talk myself out of liking BC) - I really dont know enough about them.
paradigmflux (OP)

small fry

View Profile WWW
July 29, 2014, 06:49:05 AM

Well i hope youre not insinuating that i said BC came up with POS because I said nothing of the sort. I said it sparked the POS flood gates.

Blackhalo ripped off NXT features, so what, they have a unique implementation(it's innovation and can be continually improved upon possibly surpassing the NXT inspiration it was derived from). The best often steal/borrow/copy from the best.

I don't follow BC so its interesting to hear about the BC community affairs allbeit second source. I like the platform from the outside looking in. I just dont have the confidence to lay down cold hard cash yet, and thats my fundamental problem with BC.

update..
(is blackhalo even opensource?)(im starting to talk myself out of liking BC) - I really dont know enough about them.
[/
no idea if it's open source or not. and i agree they were the first to get it into regular C as opposed to NXT (using java).  I prefer NXT because it actually has functionality that BTC and altcoins don't have (and a whole lot more of that functionality under development and planned) - most of these BTC clone altcoins could just vanish and nobody would even miss them. None of them have any kind of features or anything that would be mised or could be conisdered to be unique or important to anyone. imo, having a shorter block time than BTC hardly means a coin should exist (especially when a coin has a hefty pre/flash/insta-mine).  maybe in a few more years of BTC adoption, until then people should be spending their efforts on either encouraging BTC adoption or working on coins that actually are moving crypto technology forward (such as cryptonote coins, or NXT / blockchain 2.0 coins)

---
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: