Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 09:16:46 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: White House: Republicans May Push to Impeach Obama If They Get the Chance  (Read 2151 times)
Chef Ramsay (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 26, 2014, 08:20:22 PM

The notion of impeaching President Barack Obama got substantial attention Friday from two White House officials, who both said senior Republicans wanted to see it happen. But they couldn’t name any senior Republicans when pressed.

Further, White House press secretary Josh Earnest expressed doubt about whether House Speaker John Boehner (R-Ohio) was sincere when he said impeachment is not on the table.

“I do believe that the speaker said on a number of occasions that there would not be steps taken by Republicans to shut down the government over health care,” Earnest said of Boehner, adding, “Maybe you need to ask him a little bit more about whether impeachment is on the table or not.”

Some conservatives have called for impeaching Obama regarding executive overreach on issues such as Obamacare, immigration and guns without congressional authorization. The Democratic National Committee and Organizing for America have consistently used impeachment in fundraising emails to warn donors about what could happen if Republicans win more seats in the House and gain control of the Senate.

More...http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2014/07/25/white-house-republicans-may-push-to-impeach-obama-if-they-get-the-chance/
Anyone want to bet that this is just hot air?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
needbmw
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1008

View Profile
July 26, 2014, 08:23:53 PM

hope the next President will be a woman

NO PSAKING!
Chef Ramsay (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 26, 2014, 08:24:55 PM

Yep, I've diagnosed the talk: it's a fundraising scheme on both sides.

House Democrats suggest Obama impeachment is imminent to raise cash
In a bid to bring in more campaign cash, House Democrats sent out a plea to donors to pitch in more funds to defend President Obama from an imminent impeachment.

In an email notice, the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee solicited immediate donations citing House Speaker John Boehner’s lawsuit against Mr. Obama.

“The White House announced yesterday that Boehner’s lawsuit could lead to the impeachment of President Obama,” the email read.
“Boehner’s lawsuit against the President is more than a political stunt. It’s a full on attack on President Obama’s agenda, his legitimacy, and the Democratic process that elected him twice.”

The DCCC asked donors to reach into their pockets to smash their 100,000 donation goal saying, “We’ve had enough of it.”

More...http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2014/jul/26/dccc-raising-money-suggestion-obama-impeachment-im/
Nemo1024
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1014

View Profile WWW
July 26, 2014, 08:29:23 PM

You would want to revise your wish when Hillary is selected as the US President.

“Dark times lie ahead of us and there will be a time when we must choose between what is easy and what is right.”
“We are only as strong as we are united, as weak as we are divided.”
“It is important to fight and fight again, and keep fighting, for only then can evil be kept at bay, though never quite eradicated.”
hologram

Activity: 504
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 26, 2014, 08:41:11 PM

So you vote for a sex and not for idea ?

Chef Ramsay (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 26, 2014, 08:43:18 PM

Or this:
Congressman at border: 'Obama begging to be impeached'

McALLEN, Texas – Observing what he could only describe as “chaos on the border” during a midnight tour of the Rio Grande on Friday, Rep. Steve Stockman, R-Texas, concluded, “President Obama is begging to be impeached.”

“For all I know, Obama is preparing to process five million illegal immigrant kids and teenagers into the United States,” Stockman said upon observing border operations near McAllen, Texas.

“He wants us to impeach him now,” Stockman theorized, “before the midterm election because his senior advisors believe that is the only chance the Democratic Party has to avoid a major electoral defeat. Evidently Obama believes impeachment could motivate the Democratic Party base to come out and vote.”

Sign the petition demanding Congress follow through on impeaching Obama.

Accompanied by a WND film crew, Stockman began the evening by stopping at a massive Department of Homeland Security detention facility a mile or two north of the Mexican border, only to be encountered by seven or eight armed Border Patrol agents who approached Stockman and WND for questioning.

Though polite, a Border Patrol supervisor speaking from behind the chain-link fence that surrounded the facility refused to allow Stockman to tour the facility.

More...http://www.wnd.com/2014/07/congressman-at-border-obama-begging-to-be-impeached/
Daniel91
Legendary

Activity: 3374
Merit: 1824

View Profile
July 26, 2014, 08:49:24 PM

The notion of impeaching President Barack Obama got substantial attention Friday from two White House officials, who both said senior Republicans wanted to see it happen. But they couldn’t name any senior Republicans when pressed.

Further, White House press secretary Josh Earnest expressed doubt about whether House Speaker John Boehner (R-Ohio) was sincere when he said impeachment is not on the table.

“I do believe that the speaker said on a number of occasions that there would not be steps taken by Republicans to shut down the government over health care,” Earnest said of Boehner, adding, “Maybe you need to ask him a little bit more about whether impeachment is on the table or not.”

Some conservatives have called for impeaching Obama regarding executive overreach on issues such as Obamacare, immigration and guns without congressional authorization. The Democratic National Committee and Organizing for America have consistently used impeachment in fundraising emails to warn donors about what could happen if Republicans win more seats in the House and gain control of the Senate.

More...http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2014/07/25/white-house-republicans-may-push-to-impeach-obama-if-they-get-the-chance/

I don't think this issues are good enough reasons to Impeach Obama?
In fact, Clinton's issue was much more serious (lying, sex scandal) but nothing happen.
In my opinion, this story is just republican's propaganda before the elections.

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
Chef Ramsay (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 26, 2014, 09:40:45 PM

In fact, Clinton's issue was much more serious (lying, sex scandal) but nothing happen.

Well, a high crime or misdemeanor would certainly include betraying the Constitution for starters. Of course, that is so yesterday in terms of what most politicians and all recent presidents have done. However, flooding the country w/ illegal aliens while giving them a free ride while average Americans are hurting and having to follow all rules to a T, doesn't sit well and is a violation of one's oath of office in a large way. You can't have immigration rules set up and then the executive acts like they don't exist. Plus, he's made a mockery out of Border Patrol guards. Everything this man has done w/ his puppet leadership in the Congress in terms of the economy, bailouts, foreign policy of intervening in Libya, Egypt and behind the scenes in Syria has been detrimental to this country's future. He's a failed George W. Bush on steroids.
Shattered

Activity: 448

View Profile
July 26, 2014, 11:03:39 PM

Why do people focus on the mosquito and not the swamp?

Obama is one person, with significantly less power than people give him credit for...

The entire political system in the US is broken.
The immigration issue is something that needs to be addressed, but its a major issue and neither party has the courage to deal with it.

Politicians are too busy trying to raise money for 1st terms or re-elections. They waste a majority of their time on that instead of actually fixing issues.

At the end of the day, Washington will NOT change, unless we make them.

Unfortunately, most Americans are too pacified with TV and iPhones to really do anything.
bitsmichel

Activity: 518

View Profile
July 26, 2014, 11:19:58 PM

Obama is one person, with significantly less power than people give him credit for...

The immigration issue is something that needs to be addressed, but its a major issue and neither party has the courage to deal with it.

Politicians are too busy trying to raise money for 1st terms or re-elections. They waste a majority of their time on that instead of actually fixing issues.

Unfortunately, most Americans are too pacified with TV and iPhones to really do anything.

US politics is run by bussinessman. You can simply buy your way to power  Smiley
What would you want Americans to do?

west420

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 12:03:40 AM

Clinton lied under oath, which is a felony. Obama has constatantally abused his power and his trust, but I don't think to the point that he should be impeached, I would like to see him resign though.
beetcoin

Activity: 434

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 12:32:13 AM

well in that case, bush should have been impeached as well.. but i guess there weren't enough lefty extremists at the time.

maybe it is for fundraising, but at least it was said.. trying to impeach obama might make republicans look bad to independent voters, but i guess that's not their main focus right now.
Shattered

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 01:17:45 AM

US politics is run by bussinessman. You can simply buy your way to power  Smiley

If people think there are no jobs now, i wonder what they will be saying in 10yrs.
Your bolded question, is the million dollar question.

Im not honestly sure what would motivate the US population to actually start taking the power back...

I mean, gas is $4 a gallon.
The economy is in the toilet.
College tuition is rising at the same time degrees are becoming worthless.
We live in a system that promotes 99% debt 1% savings.
National debt is 17.6 trillion while the US continues fighting/funding multiple wars.
National borders are being flooded at a record rate.
and the list goes on and on...

As an educated, tax paying American in my 30's, im ashamed.
My generation has let younger generations down.

I wish i had multiple answers to your bolded question my friend, but i dont.

I think Elvis said it best- "A little less conversation, a little more action"

TheButterZone
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1031

RIP Mommy

View Profile WWW
July 27, 2014, 01:38:21 AM

Every living president and most of the dead ones should have been impeached the day after their inauguration. Shit or get off the fucking pot.

Saying that you don't trust someone because of their behavior is completely valid.
beetcoin

Activity: 434

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 01:44:36 AM

US politics is run by bussinessman. You can simply buy your way to power  Smiley

If people think there are no jobs now, i wonder what they will be saying in 10yrs.
Your bolded question, is the million dollar question.

Im not honestly sure what would motivate the US population to actually start taking the power back...

I mean, gas is $4 a gallon.
The economy is in the toilet.
College tuition is rising at the same time degrees are becoming worthless.
We live in a system that promotes 99% debt 1% savings.
National debt is 17.6 trillion while the US continues fighting/funding multiple wars.
National borders are being flooded at a record rate.
and the list goes on and on...

As an educated, tax paying American in my 30's, im ashamed.
My generation has let younger generations down.

I wish i had multiple answers to your bolded question my friend, but i dont.

I think Elvis said it best- "A little less conversation, a little more action"

it's not a generation's fault really. it's what government and corporations are doing, playing welfare with the wealthy. if anything, this generation is getting royally screwed over by the outrageous spending and corruption.. it's not the cause of it.

and illegal immigration has actually fallen. it's just the media that is pumping up this "eminent threat of illegals."
rhj12345

Activity: 138
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 01:48:31 AM

Who cares about the gender or race of any President? I just wish this country would elect a person who puts the USA first like jobs, protect our border, health car and our fighting men and women who give everything when the rest of us give back nothing.

The USA could once again become a really great nation with the right leaders and the guts to make the smart decisions that don't just put money in there pockets while all the rest of Americans suffer for their stupid selfish policies. I am glad to be part of Bitcoin, maybe it will help to bring some of these politicians to there knees.  Cool
Shattered

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 02:03:27 AM

@beetcoin

it's not a generation's fault really. it's what government and corporations are doing, playing welfare with the wealthy. if anything, this generation is getting royally screwed over by the outrageous spending and corruption.. it's not the cause of it.

and illegal immigration has actually fallen. it's just the media that is pumping up this "eminent threat of illegals."

immigration (thru legal means) has fallen.
There is really no way to measure the number of illegals.

To get back to Obama, what would impeachment actually accomplish?

If a factory pumps poison into the air people breath, it makes no difference who the manager of the factory is.
You can put on a new suit every day, but if you havent taken a bath in 30 yrs...you get the point.

The political system is a joke. Its actually a single party system, your choice of parties is only smoke n mirrors.

I think one HUGE first step in the right direction would be:
In order to have a position to make policy/laws, individuals need to free from any and all religious insanity.

Scientists not right wing religious fanatics.

George W. Bush once said, everyday i ask God for advice..
Time to impeach god.

Wilikon
Legendary

Activity: 1176

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 02:05:19 AM

Hillary4U&Me

http://youtu.be/5FvyGydc8no

Cheesy Grin Cheesy
galbros
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 02:16:50 AM

I think they learned from the Clinton debacle that unless the abuse is really just outrageous that trying to do this is foolhardy.  All it will do is give the media a chance to rally around Obama and energize his base for elections.
Window2Wall

Activity: 191
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 04:28:42 AM

I think they learned from the Clinton debacle that unless the abuse is really just outrageous that trying to do this is foolhardy.  All it will do is give the media a chance to rally around Obama and energize his base for elections.
Obama is breaking the law by spending money that was not authorized by congress and by issuing executive orders that he does not have authority to give.
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: