Print  
Author Topic:    (Read 3367 times)
galbros
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 10:24:21 PM

This is fascinating.  Would someone please post a link to the rules where this is described?  (Is it described?)

Given this evil system I'm even more surprised there are so many shill and sockpuppet accounts.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ChetnotAtkins

Activity: 131
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 06:15:25 PM

Since Torbrowser is my default - except for bitcointalk - am I at risk of having my account blocked if I by mistake log in to bitcointalk using Torbrowser? Or can I at this point switch to Torbrowser anyway, since I created my account with my normal IP?

Thanks guys!
mprep
Global Moderator
Legendary

Activity: 3766
Merit: 2610

In a world of peaches, don't ask for apple sauce

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2014, 06:29:28 PM

Since Torbrowser is my default - except for bitcointalk - am I at risk of having my account blocked if I by mistake log in to bitcointalk using Torbrowser? Or can I at this point switch to Torbrowser anyway, since I created my account with my normal IP?

Thanks guys!
I think that if you signed up with a normal IP, you won't get any units of evil since they are calculated when you first register.

NWO

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 11:05:38 AM

Nice way to revenue raise and make the baddies pay
cryptofeminism

Activity: 29
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 05, 2015, 12:35:39 PM

Yes, unlocking evil points by paying in Bitcoin is a kind of donation to bitcointalk.org, and that's all good. I wish wikipedia would follow the same idea, and it would finally solve the Tor and proxy dilemma.

This is an amazing idea that could help wikipedia allow anonymous edits. And it would all be thanks to the cryptocurrency Bitcoin.
The users unlock their registered wikipedia accounts with Bitcoin when registering through Tor, and the money is kept at wikipedia, just like a donation.

In short, this is good for Tor and Bitcoin. If you are caught in stereotypes about Tor being only evil then please search for "State Of The Onion [31c3]". You can watch some of the developers of Tor giving a presentation. How journalists are allowed to speak freely thanks to Tor existing, if not, journalists get harassed by secret services to not look into various things that they would like to investigate, among more reasons.
Digital_Lord

Activity: 1498
Merit: 502

👉bit.ly/3QXp3oh | 🔥 Ultimate Launc

View Profile WWW
August 05, 2015, 04:45:35 PM

Yes, unlocking evil points by paying in Bitcoin is a kind of donation to bitcointalk.org, and that's all good. I wish wikipedia would follow the same idea, and it would finally solve the Tor and proxy dilemma.

This is an amazing idea that could help wikipedia allow anonymous edits. And it would all be thanks to the cryptocurrency Bitcoin.
The users unlock their registered wikipedia accounts with Bitcoin when registering through Tor, and the money is kept at wikipedia, just like a donation.

In short, this is good for Tor and Bitcoin. If you are caught in stereotypes about Tor being only evil then please search for "State Of The Onion [31c3]". You can watch some of the developers of Tor giving a presentation. How journalists are allowed to speak freely thanks to Tor existing, if not, journalists get harassed by secret services to not look into various things that they would like to investigate, among more reasons.

If you dont mind me asking, why did u post in a thread that has been dead for a year?

.TONUP..
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
▄▄███████▄▄
▄▄███████████████▄▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄█████▄░▄▄▀█████▀▄████▄
▄███████▄▀█▄▀██▀▄███████▄
█████████▄▀█▄▀▄██████████
██████████▄▀█▄▀██████████
██████████▀▄▀█▄▀█████████
▀███████▀▄██▄▀█▄▀███████▀
▀████▀▄█████▄▀▀░▀█████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀███████▀▀
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄███████████████▄▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████████▀▀█████▄
▄██████████▀▀█████▐████▄
██████▀▀████▄▄▀▀█████████
████▄▄███▄██▀█████▐██████
█████████▀██████████████
▀███████▌▐██████▐██████▀
▀███████▄▄███▄████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀▀
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄███████████████▄▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄████▀▀███▀▀███▀▀██▀███▄
████▀███████▀█▀███▀█████
██████████████████████
████▄███████▄█▄███▄█████
▀████▄▄███▄▄███▄▄██▄███▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀▀
...JOIN NOW...
SaltySpitoon
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 2154

Welcome to the SaltySpitoon, how Tough are ya?

View Profile
August 05, 2015, 05:58:28 PM
Merited by JayJuanGee (1)

Its not really about collecting revenue or punishing anonymity. How its set up, any user who wants to register an account via Tor is paying so little that they could collect it from faucets. The idea behind it is to prevent people from registering thousands of accounts and doing things they shouldn't.
cryptofeminism

Activity: 29
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 06, 2015, 02:20:49 PM
Merited by JayJuanGee (1)

Its not really about collecting revenue or punishing anonymity. How its set up, any user who wants to register an account via Tor is paying so little that they could collect it from faucets.
It's not punishing anonymity. It's "punishing" bad behavior used through anonymity(leaving the good side untouched). By simply using your account created with Tor and being a good person you prove that you are a good Tor user proved by own actions.
If spammers have to use faucets to collect Bitcoin then that will be a hindrance to spammers, so all good   Cheesy
SaltySpitoon, also do you believe that it would be more useful to throw those symbolic amounts of Bitcoin away rather than keep them? (I mean the XBT that are used against the evil points)

The idea behind it is to prevent people from registering thousands of accounts and doing things they shouldn't.
And it's an awesome idea! It should spread to other sites that experience spam from Tor exit nodes. One idea is Wikipedia which blocks Tor users from editing Wikipedia. If they implemented a scheme with having to pay a symbolic amount of Bitcoin to "unlock" an account then Bitcoin would be the first solution provided for this standing problem.
If the Wikipedia user was a spammer then after blocking that user, their efforts didn't go to waste as:
1. They blocked an assumed bad user(we assume it actually is a hurtful to wikipedia bad user)
2. Wikipedia gets compensation in a symbolic amount of Bitcoin.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: