Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 08:36:41 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: saving JavaScript in android  (Read 1090 times)
birr (OP)

Activity: 869
Merit: 585

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 01:54:20 AM

I would like to save the bitaddress.org code on my android tablet and run it offline.  The tablet is a Nexus 7 running android 4.4.3.
I have es file explorer and nexus media importer.  The tablet is rooted.  I also have the bitaddress.org code saved on a flash drive, and an otg cable to connect with.  So I guess I have everything I need; I'm just looking for some hints (or even some explicit instructions) from somebody who did this, or knows how to.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
🏰 TradeFortress 🏰
Bitcoin Veteran
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1043

👻

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 03:57:58 AM

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.xeustechnologies.android.kws&hl=en
birr (OP)

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 05:11:31 AM

Seems pretty heavy duty for the purpose.
Anybody tried this
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.uc.addon.webpagesave&hl=en
Dare

Activity: 508
Merit: 500

Techwolf on #bitcoin and Reddit

View Profile WWW
July 27, 2014, 08:30:55 AM

Bitaddress.org is a static site server-wise, as all of its functions are performed via client-side Javascript. It should be sufficient to download the website (the Github repository is here, and there's a link to it on the front page of the site; click the "Download ZIP" button to get a zip file of the repository) and open the index page through either a file:/// link in your browser or by selecting it in a file explorer (such as Ghost Commander or ES File Explorer). Aside from the initial download, it shouldn't require internet access to run.

BTC: 1M8oUcBnkRDEhWWgV8ZXLTB6p1mgnejVbX
How Forum Activity Works
Bitcointalk Forum Rules
|
|
|
Firstbits (lucky vanitygen): 1WoLfRUGDx1
How Forum Trust Works
Bitcoin Source Code
Remember remember the 5th of November
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1011

Reverse engineer from time to time

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 10:48:44 AM

I would like to save the bitaddress.org code on my android tablet and run it offline.  The tablet is a Nexus 7 running android 4.4.3.
I have es file explorer and nexus media importer.  The tablet is rooted.  I also have the bitaddress.org code saved on a flash drive, and an otg cable to connect with.  So I guess I have everything I need; I'm just looking for some hints (or even some explicit instructions) from somebody who did this, or knows how to.
Android is probably not the best way to generate offline wallets. There are quite a few malware out there for Android under the guise of legitimate apps.

BTC:1AiCRMxgf1ptVQwx6hDuKMu4f7F27QmJC2
birr (OP)

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 11:31:53 AM

I would like to save the bitaddress.org code on my android tablet and run it offline.  The tablet is a Nexus 7 running android 4.4.3.
I have es file explorer and nexus media importer.  The tablet is rooted.  I also have the bitaddress.org code saved on a flash drive, and an otg cable to connect with.  So I guess I have everything I need; I'm just looking for some hints (or even some explicit instructions) from somebody who did this, or knows how to.
Android is probably not the best way to generate offline wallets. There are quite a few malware out there for Android under the guise of legitimate apps.
Yes, bad idea to access it through an app.  Just want to be able to save the HTML/JavaScript and run it in a browser, offline.
I know how to do that on a PC OS like Ubuntu or Windows, just not a mobile OS like android.
birr (OP)

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 03:16:34 AM

Here's my progress report

To run the file from a flash drive, I used Nexus Media Importer.  Turn off data and WiFi, click on the file and choose chrome.

I was also able to copy the file with the bitaddress.org HTML onto my tablet using Media Importer, and then use ES File Explorer to find the file and run the HTML in Chrome Browser.
First I tried clicking the file, but Chrome was not among the options for opening it.
So I did
long press > More > open as > other > chrome Smiley
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: