Bitcoin Forum
May 30, 2024, 06:35:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Do you think Satoshi will ever spend his bitcoins?
Yes
No

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you think Satoshi will ever spend his bitcoins?  (Read 9360 times)
bigasic

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 11:10:52 PM

No, because he forget where he put his wallet..

Now, wouldn't that be ironic if he lost his private keys to that wallet... Its happened many many times before..
ensurance982

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

Trust me!

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 11:14:15 PM

So, do you think Satoshi will ever spend his bitcoins?
You can only answer with Yes or No on the poll. Got it?

This is going to be very interesting to see the results.
The reason there isn't a "maybe" is so that we can get a definite answer.

I don't think he is going to spend his Bitcoin! I think he sees this as some kind of experiment. Maybe he even decided for himself whether the experiment has already succeeded or whether it has failed. But I don't think he would jeopardize the outcome by interfering in such a way. I could even imagine, that he doesn't even own the keys for those addresses (anymore / has ever owned them)

We Support Currencies: BTC, LTC, USD, EUR, GBP
po1992one

Activity: 133
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 11:16:45 PM

When Bitcoin becomes huge he will start moving them, but not before that because it would cause too much of a price panic and could crash the market. That smart of a man would not be dumb enough to lose his private key.

If he was so smart and greedy he would moved all his coins shortly after he mined the coins and randomly after this. This way no panic possible when he decides to sell some...
ShameOnYou

Activity: 238

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 11:24:48 PM

When Bitcoin becomes huge he will start moving them, but not before that because it would cause too much of a price panic and could crash the market. That smart of a man would not be dumb enough to lose his private key.

If he was so smart and greedy he would moved all his coins shortly after he mined the coins and randomly after this. This way no panic possible when he decides to sell some...
If he had moved his coins shortly after moving them, then it would still be obvious what his addresses are that he keeps his coins in.

I think he would need to spend them in reverse order that they were mined in (newest first) as the later coins that he mined are less obvious that they were mined by him, causing less of a potential disruption to the market.
Josepht

Activity: 1008
Merit: 515

View Profile WWW
August 07, 2014, 11:30:34 PM

I think he will sell some of his bitcoins once he needs cash. Not that he sells of of 'em, I am just thinking about enough to make a living.
whalebone

Activity: 388
Merit: 101

Bountying for a $100T crypto economy

View Profile WWW
August 07, 2014, 11:37:20 PM

Now, wouldn't that be ironic if he lost his private keys to that wallet... Its happened many many times before..

Have you ever considered that Bitcoin was created by an advanced species of artificial intelligence who submitted the code to planet earth via long range satelite in an attempt to destabilize the ruling elite and develop a digital economy in advance of its colonization team traveling here now?

In that scenario, the coins would be spent after they acquire a value that would allow for global acquisitions and economic assimilation just slightly before landing.  

Get your TRI address on moordetro.it & add it to your cryptoprofile on ODDBANK.info ig: @curiousbank @oddb.io @humorless_profit twitter: @curiousbank
dadaas

Activity: 490
Merit: 250

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Available Now!

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 12:46:10 AM

Have you ever considered that Bitcoin was created by an advanced species of artificial intelligence who submitted the code to planet earth via long range satelite in an attempt to destabilize the ruling elite and develop a digital economy in advance of its colonization team traveling here now?

In that scenario, the coins would be spent after they acquire a value that would allow for global acquisitions and economic assimilation just slightly before landing.  

Whoa, this is something totally different. I like it Cheesy
rackcityb1

Activity: 45
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 12:55:50 AM

No, I have never considered this. If a species was really this advanced then they could likely do whatever it is that they wanted to do without the trouble of making bitcoin.
lemfuture

Activity: 686

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 12:56:56 AM

yes, when he decides to

1ADLcfwTofFXb95pKhebpeRkJ4WTWsvQXB
CoinHoarder
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1026

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 01:01:54 AM

Mindblown.jpg
darkota

Activity: 770

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 01:13:38 AM

A species so advanced to have the tech to travel the lightyears to get to us without suffering serious adverse side effects(death from traveling lightspeed), wouldn't need bitcoin. They would be able to vaporize us in an instant.

Also, if Satoshi ever moved any of his bitcoin to spend/sell, that would probably be the collapse of Bitcoin....Price would drop 80%+ in a day from a move like that.
Quintessence

Activity: 7

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 11:21:00 AM

I think he is not interested in it
Dabs
Legendary

Activity: 3416
Merit: 1912

The Concierge of Crypto

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 02:26:02 PM

I don't think so. He hasn't spent any (except for one transaction with Hal) ever since up to now, I don't see him having any reason to actually touch any of his coins until at least a few decades from now, and maybe not even. The most likely answer is never.

jcoin200

Activity: 504

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 02:35:23 PM

I don't think so. He hasn't spent any (except for one transaction with Hal) ever since up to now, I don't see him having any reason to actually touch any of his coins until at least a few decades from now, and maybe not even. The most likely answer is never.

It's probably possible he's well to do from other software/coding that hes done previously, and doesn't need them.  That's what I've assumed.
Georgebest

Activity: 13

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 02:46:02 PM

i think the answer is yes . no one who create what they build and leave it and forget it .
he is not god . just amazing person.
Dabs
Legendary

Activity: 3416
Merit: 1912

The Concierge of Crypto

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 02:50:45 PM

i think the answer is yes . no one who create what they build and leave it and forget it .

Lots of examples of good code out there. Open source. Original programmers have gone, but their software continues to be developed, or continues to be used, like abandonware.

zolace

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 03:59:41 PM

I beleve Im sure hes been mining and spending those coins and not spending the first bitcoins ever mined. Im sure he in a pool of miners or among us mining coins at this very moment

⚂⚄ Pocket Dice — Real dice experienceProvably Fair
Free BTC Faucet
⚅⚁
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
den.faulkner1990

Activity: 42

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 04:45:45 PM

may be he lost it?  Huh
BowieMan

Activity: 154

Is there life on Mars?

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 04:48:07 PM

may be he lost it?  Huh

I think me even may have deliberately destroyed the keys or never even kept them somewhere. After all, he needed to keep the system going and just try out a few things. I don't know if he'd jeopardize his life's work by moving such amounts of BTC! The market would go crazy!

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
PRIMEDICE
The Premier Bitcoin Gambling Experience @PrimeDice
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Mayuyu48

Activity: 644

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 04:49:48 PM

maybe Grin but i think he won't move first 10k block of bitcoin
are there anyone here watch / monitor some satoshi blocks of bitcoin?
if anyone notice that, bitcoin market will respond it with huge dumps

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: