Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 06:09:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Do you think Satoshi will ever spend his bitcoins?
Yes
No

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you think Satoshi will ever spend his bitcoins?  (Read 9360 times)
MakeBelieve

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 10:20:40 AM

I hope he never touches them it would cause panic and could potentially ruin Bitcoin people would wonder why it was moved.

On a mission to make Bitcointalk.org Marketplace a safer place to Buy/Sell/Trade
Silly Money

Activity: 159
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 10:22:31 AM

I hope he never touches them it would cause panic and could potentially ruin Bitcoin people would wonder why it was moved.

It would be fun watching people panic though  Grin

MakeBelieve

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 10:24:16 AM

It would be fun watching people panic though  Grin

Could be bad for Bitcoin though everyone might panic and think he knows somethings wrong so hes getting out whilst he can still profit meaning hundreds of people would probably panic sell and the value of Bitcoin would slump.

On a mission to make Bitcointalk.org Marketplace a safer place to Buy/Sell/Trade
Silly Money

Activity: 159

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 10:26:24 AM

I'm sure it would be bad for bitcoin as you know what panic sellers are like.

Mobius

Activity: 988
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 04:45:14 AM

According to what I know about Satoshi I think, his Bitcoins are just considered Test-Coins.
Satoshi is the kind of guy, who makes his tests in the productive system and then just destroys the data after the test is complete.
It is very rare for someone to destroy data like this after a test is complete. Scientists and researchers usually do not know if some data is going to be important in the future so they are very likely to keep it archived somehow.
Kayex

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 07:35:59 AM

No.
Satoshi never spent his bitcoins in the past.
Why would he bother spending them now?

Ofc he can reap in all the rewards, but he doesn't want to do anything anymore with BTC.
Or does he?   Shocked
How would he reap the rewards if he does not spend any of his BTC? He would not have any other way to profit from BTC without actually selling/spending his BTC.
I meant he could take the btc as he pleases. Not what you said. Lol

Painful Truth

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 11:30:12 AM

I doubt people would panic if he spends 50 or 100 coins to cover some expenses.

Sure if he moves 500k around then that's a different story.
Slark
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1004

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 01:18:26 PM

Sorry for noob question but how do you know his address? Can you show it to me? How many bitcoins he has?
EricTyle

Activity: 152

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 01:55:13 PM

What I think would be phenomenal is if he split up a majority of his BTC into 0.1s and other small amounts, and send 0.00000001 BTC transactions with 0.1 fee or 0.25 fee to introduce the BTC back into the ecosystem

if he did that recently then miners would be more profitable too for a small amount of time

cryptworld

Activity: 714
Merit: 503

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 01:58:29 PM

unless he eats air I think so
he may have a high quantity to spend in so many different things
Bitcoins101

Activity: 826
Merit: 508

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 02:00:32 PM

When that Dorian guy was accused of being Satoshi, apparently the reral satoshi logged on to a website via his old handle and said it wasn't Dorian. Was that ever confirmed as real or was it fake, or could nobody be sure?

Someone logged into that account, but nobody really knows who and there is no way to know.

I think Satoshi likely mined many coins that we do not know about. I think he has already sold many of those and won't be touching the coins that we know are his for at least a few years.

Mobius

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 11:32:05 PM

When that Dorian guy was accused of being Satoshi, apparently the reral satoshi logged on to a website via his old handle and said it wasn't Dorian. Was that ever confirmed as real or was it fake, or could nobody be sure?
It was defiantly an account that was controlled by satoshi prior to bitcointalk.org coming into existence. In theory it could have been hacked but I would find it very unlikely that the account gets hacked the day newsweek goes with their story. Even more unlikely that it would be hacked and not used until then.

I think it would have been pretty cool to see Satoshi donate some of his bitcoin to the fund that was going to newsweek's satoshi.
e1ghtSpace (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001

Crypto since 2014

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2014, 11:52:09 PM

Imagine if he splits all of his bitcoins evenly into everyone on this forum's bitcoin address if they filled it in.
That would be awesome but it would probably crash the price.
dadaas

Activity: 490

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Available Now!

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 12:52:21 AM

Imagine if he splits all of his bitcoins evenly into everyone on this forum's bitcoin address if they filled it in.

Well, no need for imagining that because it will never happen. Although it would be so f*cking cool Cheesy
Mobius

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 04:39:15 AM

Well, no need for imagining that because it will never happen. Although it would be so f*cking cool Cheesy
I really don't see why he would do that either. There are many users of bitcoin that have never even heard of this forum, and a lot of users do not have a BTC address on their profile. If he were to give away his BTC then it would be much more likely that it would be to a good cause that he supports (the coins would likely be given over time).
MrPiggles

Activity: 980
Merit: 256

Decentralized Ascending Auctions on Blockchain

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 04:48:30 AM

he could wait til it's near universally accepted then donate 1000btc per day to a good charity for three years.

or give a few hundred million $ to people like federico pistono who are trying their best to change the world and bring about real lasting improvements to society

▄▄████▄
          ██▀▀  ▀██▄
     ▄▄▄▄██▀      ██▄▄▄▄▄
   ▄██▀▀▀▀▀       ▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
   ██     ███▄▄▄▄██▀     ██
   ██      ▀▀▀██▀▀       ██
  ▄██                    ██▄
  ██▀       ██████       ▀██
  ██        ██  ██        ██
  ██       ███  ███       ██
 ███       ███  ███       ███
 ███       ███  ███       ███
 ██▀       ███  ███       ▀██
▄██        ████████        ██▄
███                        ███
 ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███
  ▀████████████████████████▀

iBid

Decentralized Auctions
on Blockchain
  ▄██

▀██
██████████████████████████████████
▄ ▄▄
██▄▀██▄
████▄▀▀██▄
██████▄ ▀███▄▄
████████▄ ▀███▀ ▄
██████████▄ ▀ ▄████▄
██████████▀ ▄ ▀███▀▀
████████▀ ▄███▄ ▀
██████▀▄████▀▀
████▀▄███▀
██▀▄█▀▀
  ▀▀
GET IN ON
Google Play
██▄
  █
  █
  █
  █
  █
██▀
  ▄██

▀██
█████████████████████████████████
          ▄▄█
         ▄██▀
    ▄▄▄  ▀▀▄▄▄▄
 ▄███████████████
▄██████████████▀
███████████████
███████████████
▀███████████████▄
 ████████████████▀
  ▀█████████████▀
   ▀████▀▀▀███▀
Download on the
App Store
█████████████████████████████████
██▄
  █
  █
  █
  █
  █
██▀

About us
Telegram
██████████████      ██████████████
██████████████      ██████████████
███████████████    ███████████████
█████████████        █████████████
███████████            ███████████
████████████████  ████████████████
██████████              ██████████
██████████  ████  ████  ██████████
█████████    ██    ██    █████████
█████████    ██    ██    █████████

███ SIGN UP ███
██████████▀▀▀▀████████████████████
██████████▄▄    ▀▀▀███████████████
██████████  ▀▀ ▄▄  ▄██████████████
█████████        ▀████████████████
████████▀        █████████████████
██████▀▀▀▄▄     ██     ▀▀▀████████
██████▄     ▀▀▄▄███▄         ▀████
█████████▄▄▄   ███████▄▄       ███
███████████████████████████▄▄▄████
████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████████████
███▀             ▀████████████████
███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████████████

All auctions start at $0
with no minimum reserve

AN  AUCTION
Kayex

Activity: 84

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 05:55:14 AM

It was defiantly an account that was controlled by satoshi prior to bitcointalk.org coming into existence. In theory it could have been hacked but I would find it very unlikely that the account gets hacked the day newsweek goes with their story. Even more unlikely that it would be hacked and not used until then.

I think it would have been pretty cool to see Satoshi donate some of his bitcoin to the fund that was going to newsweek's satoshi.
It would be nice to see Satoshi donate his bitcoins to a charity that accepts them.
Or some other foundation. But it's all up to Satoshi. I think he'll spend them on himself when he really needs it.
But then we can all track down where it goes because of the wallet? o-o

Jacobit

Activity: 72

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 06:16:31 AM

I think he will spend it .  Roll Eyes
Mobius

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 06:31:02 AM

It would be nice to see Satoshi donate his bitcoins to a charity that accepts them.
Or some other foundation. But it's all up to Satoshi. I think he'll spend them on himself when he really needs it.
But then we can all track down where it goes because of the wallet? o-o
I think that he will almost certainly spend his coins in small amounts if he does spend them on his own expenses. It would also be likely that he use mixing services so that his identity will be kept private.
Skoupi

Activity: 252

Skoupi the Great

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 06:33:23 AM

My "NO" was a tie braker lol! Didn't see that coming  Grin
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: