Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 03:25:20 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: LTBcoin [LTBc] "Let's Talk Bitcoin" crypto-rewards Official Discussion Thread  (Read 222325 times)
crackerhead (OP)

Activity: 252
Merit: 251

My Head is a Ritz

View Profile WWW
July 27, 2014, 08:51:57 PM
Last edit: September 23, 2014, 07:29:04 AM by crackerhead
Merited by nutildah (1)

About LTBcoin

LTBcoin is a brand new kind of thing. It is a crypto-rewards system where people who help LTB to be useful are rewarded for their efforts. And it’s built on Bitcoin!

LTBcoin is the proprietary token for the Let’s Talk Bitcoin Network. It is the exclusive token accepted for sponsorships. It will provide the user a significant discount in the network wide and ACT-specific e-commerce stores. It can be used in the network for tipping and will generally be useful in every corner of the LTB universe.

LTBcoin is a user-defined asset using the Counterparty protocol. Counterparty is built on Bitcoin and is secured by the Bitcoin network. Because of this, LTBcoin addresses are exactly the same as Bitcoin addresses. LTBcoin can be traded on the Counterparty distributed exchange for Bitcoin, XCP or other user-defined assets. If you haven't got a Counterpart wallet yet, visit Counterwallet.co.

"Mining" LTBcoin
SomeInvisibleTextIsHereCoolHuhIThinkSoYaKnowWhatIMean
Some Ways to "Mine" LTBcoin

Summary of Mining

LTBcoin does not use computational mining. Instead, coins are distributed to the content creators, the community and the platform according to a fixed schedule. After a period of 260 weeks (5 years), all coins will be distributed and no new coins will be created.

LTBcoin is mined by PoP, Proof of Participation. Essentially if you read or listen to podcasts on the Let's Talk Bitcoin website, you have just participated in PoP. You can read the details of PoP HERE

LTBcoin is also mined by PoV (Proof-of-Value), and PoQ (Proof-of-Quality). If you create a show, or write an article (or ever wanted to!) either by yourself or as part of an ad-hoc group formed for the task on the forums, you’ll earn LTBCOIN not only when we publish your work to our audience (PoV), but again a month later when the performance of your work is compared against all the other work published during that week (PoQ), and then rewarded again!  

Why is LTBcoin Valuable?

Demand for LTBcoin is derived from the value it has as the exclusive currency used for purchasing ads on the LTB network. LTBcoin will also be the exclusive token that lets you participate in our contests, buy gear at discount in our stores, and participate in promotions and other surprises we come up with along the way!

Effective July 1st, 2014 LetsTalkBitcoin.com, the Let’s Talk Bitcoin! show, and the LTB network will only sell sponsorship space (on the web properties) or airtime (on the show) for LTBcoin, to the highest bidder, in LTBcoin, at our regular auction events.

Buying LTBcoin

About LTBcoin Supply

A Sampling of Last Weeks LTBcoin Distribution
-Period-
-LTBC Rewarded--Users Participating--Points Earned--LTBc / Point--Average LTBc Earned-
PoP Week9
PoQ Week9
PoV Week9
There is a lot more information available regarding LTBcoin distribution, check out the links below.
List of all LTBcoin Specifications
Weekly Disbursement Breakdown
LTBcoin White Paper (Not Final)

About "Let's Talk Bitcoin"

In late April 2013, Adam B. Levine founded Let's Talk Bitcoin! as a twice weekly audio show along with co-hosts Andreas M. Antonopoulos and Stephanie Murphy, PhD
With new episodes released Tuesdays and Fridays, the show provides a platform for those creating the future of money to share their experiences, and discuss their progress.
In August of 2013, Let's Talk Bitcoin! added a daily guest blog and weekly newsletter with the goal of showcasing ideas, experiences and voices from all sides of the cryptocurrency debate.

Recent Articles
Mike - September 18, 2014 - LTB Community Roundup #7
Andrew De Gabriele - September 18, 2014 - Crypto for Change - Using Token Controlled Access to Power Affiliate and Member-Invite Programs
Adam B. Levine - September 17, 2014 - Token Controlled Viewpoint (TCV) Genesis, Characteristics and Early Use Cases
Michael Kimani - September 12, 2014 - Crypto for Change - Bitcoin and Africa - An Insider's Perspective on LTB 133
Brian Cohen - September 11, 2014 - United States to Monitor Canadian Border for Illicit Drug-Related Bitcoin Transactions
Scott Melton - September 09, 2014 - The Possibility of Alternative Incomes
wildjo - September 07, 2014 - Long-Arm Lawsky, Part II: Interstate Commerce
mike ward - September 05, 2014 - Namecoin: Building a Free and Secure Internet
Adam Terwilliger - September 04, 2014 - Telephone and the Blockchain
Tron Black - September 03, 2014 - Bitcoin Value and Mining Difficulty
August 30, 2014 Long-Arm Lawsky, Part I: Statutory Authority
August 29, 2014 DEA Seizes Bitcoin: Seizure Points to Earlier Mistaken Identity
August 28, 2014 LTB Community Roundup #6
August 27, 2014 FoldingCoin: Mining for Medicine at Home
August 22, 2014 The Blockchain, the BitLicense, and the High Costs of Compliance
August 21, 2014 How many bitcoins does it cost to maintain the Bitcoin network?

Recent Podcasts
Arthur S. Falls - September 22, 2014 - Beyond Bitcoin - 15 - Culture On The Blockchain
Bitcoins and Gravy - September 21, 2014 - Bitcoins and Gravy Episode #34 Enter the Thieves Emporium
Adam B. Levine - September 20, 2014 - Let's Talk Bitcoin #146 Because We Can
Paul Boyer - September 19, 2014 - MMM S02E13: The Ultimate Episode
Arthur S. Falls - September 16, 2014 - Beyond Bitcoin - 14 - Hyperledger
Adam B. Levine - September 16, 2014 - Let's Talk Bitcoin! #145 COMICCOIN and Anarchy
Bitcoins and Gravy - September 15, 2014 - Bitcoins and Gravy Episode #33: Argentina!
Adam B. Levine - September 13, 2014 - Let's Talk Bitcoin #144 News Talk
Adam B. Levine - September 09, 2014 - Let's Talk Bitcoin #143 From Up Close
Bitcoins and Gravy - September 07, 2014 - Bitcoins and Gravy Ep 32: The Big Apple & Amagi Metals
Arthur S. Falls - September 07, 2014 - Beyond Bitcoin - 13 - One To Rule Them All
Adam B. Levine - September 06, 2014 - Let's Talk Bitcoin #142 What's NXT?
John Light - September 05, 2014 - P2P Connects Us - The Pilot Episode
Paul Boyer - September 05, 2014 - MMM S02E12: Penultimatum!
September 02, 2014 Let's Talk Bitcoin #141 It Seemed Like A Good Idea At The Time
September 01, 2014 Beyond Bitcoin - 12 - The Future Of Storj
September 01, 2014 Episode #31: UPS accepts Bitcoin and LibraTax.com
August 30, 2014 Let's Talk Bitcoin #140 Boots on the Ground
August 26, 2014 Let's Talk Bitcoin #139 The Validity of Appcoins

Other Related LTBcoin Threads

NEM.io         blog.NEM.io        r/ourNEM

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
belltown

Activity: 301
Merit: 250

still can't change my profile pic

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 09:34:57 PM

Very nice, man! We finally have official LTBcoin topic. I updated the link in my thread.

How I've earned 0.088 BTC for making few forum posts on LetsTalkBitcoin
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=707439.0 ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
monbux
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1024

View Profile WWW
July 27, 2014, 10:07:45 PM

Great to see an official thread Smiley  Thanks!
crackerhead (OP)

My Head is a Ritz

View Profile WWW
July 28, 2014, 04:23:36 AM
Last edit: July 28, 2014, 04:36:59 AM by crackerhead

Thanks Guys!

BTW Episode #130 of LTBcoin is out. Adam talks in detail about how the LTBcoin referral system works, and interesting concepts such as compliance-coin.
http://letstalkbitcoin.com/blog/post/lets-talk-bitcoin-130-the-other-shoe

Also there are some interesting articles about DarkCoin and BitPesa that have just been published.
letstalkbitcoin.com

ezimedia

Activity: 212
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
July 28, 2014, 06:22:10 AM

This is a cool idea and I think it will do very well....

Joined an looking forward to listening to your podcats and reading all the posts in the forum...

Vericoins Here = VXCBhfbtwJDxnnQQRpUcpKKMwcsVGsT1AJ
LetsTalkBitcoin: http://ecoinincome.com.au/LetsTalkBitCoin.php
crackerhead (OP)

My Head is a Ritz

View Profile WWW
July 28, 2014, 07:24:42 AM

This is a cool idea and I think it will do very well....

Joined an looking forward to listening to your podcats and reading all the posts in the forum...

Thanks, make sure to comment on articles and podcasts that you like. You will earn more LTBcoin!

mikerbiker6

Activity: 392

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 10:47:12 AM

Thanks for sharing.
But remember, the more people know about it, the less you earn. Wink

Participate and Earn on the Letstalkbitcoin forum letstalkbitcoin.com
busminer

Activity: 1764
Merit: 570

Twitter\X @AlexKosa1

View Profile WWW
July 28, 2014, 11:21:40 AM

Russian translation

Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 11:24:57 AM

more users mean less for everyone, not sure if it good to spread in that way
Coinshot

Activity: 521
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 11:27:48 AM

You can get new users to use your referral link which would reduce the damage.

Heres mine if anyone is signing up http://letstalkbitcoin.com?ref=5756af5c

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

mikerbiker6

Activity: 392

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 02:15:02 PM

A few weeks and the reward of LTBc is crushed. That is how it works with these things.

Participate and Earn on the Letstalkbitcoin forum letstalkbitcoin.com
crackerhead (OP)

My Head is a Ritz

View Profile WWW
July 28, 2014, 05:11:47 PM

You still have 5 days to earn PoP though (weekly payouts are on saturday). I made 20,000 LTBcoin last week for listening to 6 podcasts, making 10 forum posts, and commenting on a few articles. Even if I give my same effort this week, and my reward is only 10,000LTBcoin, I'll still be plenty happy with that.

Besides we want to employ the "network effect", I'd rather raise the value of LTBcoin, than earn a bunch of LTBcoin that isn't worth much.

belltown

Activity: 301

still can't change my profile pic

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 05:58:31 PM

I have two suggestions:

1. Since this is Official LTBcoin thread, maybe you should move it to Bitcoin Forum > Other > Alternate cryptocurrencies > Announcements (Altcoins) ? This is the place where all the official communication is going.

2. Adam has some issues in his guide that confused new people. I've updated his guide here: http://letstalkbitcoin.com/forum/post/work-in-progress-dont-reply-yet You can update the link on LTBcoin SETUP GUIDE, with lot's of pictures. in OP

How I've earned 0.088 BTC for making few forum posts on LetsTalkBitcoin
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=707439.0 ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
crackerhead (OP)

My Head is a Ritz

View Profile WWW
July 28, 2014, 06:12:50 PM

Thanks for that, I put up a link to it on the OP.

crackerhead (OP)

My Head is a Ritz

View Profile WWW
July 28, 2014, 06:22:13 PM

I have two suggestions:

1. Since this is Official LTBcoin thread, maybe you should move it to Bitcoin Forum > Other > Alternate cryptocurrencies > Announcements (Altcoins) ? This is the place where all the official communication is going.

2. Adam has some issues in his guide that confused new people. I've updated his guide here: http://letstalkbitcoin.com/forum/post/work-in-progress-dont-reply-yet You can update the link on LTBcoin SETUP GUIDE, with lot's of pictures. in OP

I have to disagree with point 1. LTBcoin was launched about a month ago, and it has been in discussion for months before then. If this was a month ago when LTBcoin officially launched, it would be more in place in the Announcement section. As it is know, putting a LTBcoin in ANN section now would be misleading IMO. I decided to follow the likes of NXT and NEM, and place the official LTBcoin post here. Even if I wanted to, I am unable to move or delete this thread, that would have to be done by a mod. If they feel it should be in the ANN section, then I will gladly move the conversation there.

Thank you very much for creating that concise post about setup, I will link to that post for now on.

busminer

Activity: 1764
Merit: 570

Twitter\X @AlexKosa1

View Profile WWW
July 28, 2014, 06:24:06 PM

Thanks for that, I put up a link to it on the OP.
Thanks!

Fakhoury
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1027

Permabull Bitcoin Investor

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 09:25:15 PM

May you clear this for me please

1. 1 Post, equal how many LTBcoins ?

2. May you list please ALL things I can do that get me coins, and how much coin per activity, like x coins for commenting and so.

3. What is the "content" people talking about ? The blog posts or the content at content garden ?

4. How shall I calculate how much I will be having on the next Sunday ?

5. Is there any rules so the one don't bypass it ?

Quote from:  Satoshi Nakamoto
Feb. 14, 2010: I’m sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume.
crackerhead (OP)

My Head is a Ritz

View Profile WWW
July 28, 2014, 10:05:17 PM

May you clear this for me please

1. 1 Post, equal how many LTBcoins ?

2. May you list please ALL things I can do that get me coins, and how much coin per activity, like x coins for commenting and so.

3. What is the "content" people talking about ? The blog posts or the content at content garden ?

4. How shall I calculate how much I will be having on the next Sunday ?

5. Is there any rules so the one don't bypass it ?

Didn't see you posted here as well. Well I hope this helps:

Sorry for being vague, but it is impossible to calculate the amount of LTBcoin you will receive. Every time a new person registers and is active, the pool gets diluted, and everyone earns a bit less. LTBcoins supply also gets slightly lower each week. A lot of your questions are answered at the top of this page.

1, read more about PoP, unfortunately I can not give you any exact amounts.
2. Check out the mining section on the OP, those are all the ways I am currently aware of.
3. Content includes articles, podcasts, and the forum posts. Anything you can comment on basically.
4. Here are all the stats for the weeks, scroll to the bottom for "Earning Metrics", it tells you how much each action is worth http://letstalkbitcoin.com/ltbcoin-stats
5. The rules are don't spam. I am not sure how spammers will be dealt with, I need to talk to adam about that.

crackerhead (OP)

My Head is a Ritz

View Profile WWW
July 28, 2014, 11:48:53 PM
Last edit: July 29, 2014, 12:12:41 AM by crackerhead

Here's a breakdown of how points are earned. I will probably put it on the top thread.

Proof of Participation (PoP)
Article comment: 4
Forum post: 4
Unique page view: 1
Magic word: 5
Post "like" received: 0.5
Newly registered (one time): 2
Note: comments, posts and "likes" have diminishing returns the more frequently they are done.

Proof of Quality (PoQ)
Published article: 25

Proof of Value (PoV)
Article pageview: 1

Affiliate Referrals
Active Referral: 10

If you have any questions about the breakdown, feel free to ask.

Fakhoury
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1027

Permabull Bitcoin Investor

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 01:35:53 AM

Here's a breakdown of how points are earned. I will probably put it on the top thread.

Proof of Participation (PoP)
Forum post: 4
Unique page view: 1
Magic word: 5
Post "like" received: 0.5
Newly registered (one time): 2
Note: comments, posts and "likes" have diminishing returns the more frequently they are done.

Proof of Quality (PoQ)
Published article: 25

Proof of Value (PoV)
Article pageview: 1

Affiliate Referrals
Active Referral: 10

If you have any questions about the breakdown, feel free to ask.

I've 3 questions actually

1. I can't find a releation between the above breakdown and how much you made few days ago

"I made 20,000 LTBcoin last week for listening to 6 podcasts, making 10 forum posts, and commenting on a few articles."

How the above numbers lead to 20,000 LTBcoin ?

2. Did you listen to podcasts ONLY or you entered the magic word ?

3. Could you elaborate more about the magic word please.

Thank you.

Quote from:  Satoshi Nakamoto
Feb. 14, 2010: I’m sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: