Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 02:08:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Anyone following the ebola outbreak?  (Read 39756 times)
Balthazar
Legendary

Activity: 3108
Merit: 1358

View Profile
October 10, 2014, 11:12:11 PM

Ebola isn't effective enough as a weapon. Influenza H7N9 would be much more attractive in such application, because asymptomatic carriership could be quite regular scenario in case of H7N9 infection. According to Beijing' Health Bureau deputy director (Zhong Dongpo), asymptomatic carriership introduces a serious threat in case of H7N9 epidemy.

http://edition.cnn.com/2013/04/16/world/asia/china-birdflu/
NewLiberty
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1002

Gresham's Lawyer

View Profile WWW
October 10, 2014, 11:47:34 PM

Ebola isn't effective enough as a weapon. Influenza H7N9 would be much more attractive in such application, because asymptomatic carriership could be quite regular scenario in case of H7N9 infection. According to Beijing' Health Bureau deputy director (Zhong Dongpo), asymptomatic carriership introduces a serious threat in case of H7N9 epidemy.

http://edition.cnn.com/2013/04/16/world/asia/china-birdflu/

In theory, yes.  Yes it would.  So would many other things.
It is a bit harder to get ahold of at the moment, however.

FREE MONEY1 Bitcoin for Silver and Gold NewLibertyDollar.com and now BITCOIN SPECIE (silver 1 ozt) shows value by QR
Bulk premiums as low as .0012 BTC "BETTER, MORE COLLECTIBLE, AND CHEAPER THAN SILVER EAGLES" 1Free of Government
Bagatell

Activity: 722
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 11, 2014, 06:20:20 AM

Ebola isn't effective enough as a weapon.

"Never let a crisis go to waste."

An Ebola Outbreak Would Be Advantageous For Globalists
bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3668
Merit: 1217

View Profile
October 11, 2014, 11:08:17 AM

The number of reported cases for the last week was significantly lower than the previous week. But at the same time, there are concerns that the cases are getting massively under-reported now.
Spendulus
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1386

View Profile
October 11, 2014, 02:31:06 PM

The number of reported cases for the last week was significantly lower than the previous week. But at the same time, there are concerns that the cases are getting massively under-reported now.
Something nobody is talking about is that this isn't just going away.  After this initial pandemic or lack of, a new world exists, with a new person at the party.  Mr. Ebola.
panju1
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 12, 2014, 01:26:30 AM

Some people think Ebola can make a good joke.  Angry
http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2014/10/10/ebola-joke-rattles-passengers-on-us-airways-flight-to-dominican-republic/
RedDiamond

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 12, 2014, 10:18:17 AM

Second Ebola case identified in Dallas: http://wwlp.com/2014/10/12/second-ebola-case-identified-in-dallas/

picolo

Activity: 1022

View Profile
October 12, 2014, 11:12:35 AM

I have heard EI is considering infecting some members and going to the States and Europe to contaminate people, this is chilly Embarrassed
Bagatell

View Profile
October 12, 2014, 11:54:36 AM

I have heard EI is considering infecting some members and going to the States and Europe to contaminate people, this is chilly Embarrassed

You're right. That's not cool.
Grand_Voyageur

Activity: 322

https://dadice.com | Click my signature to join!

View Profile WWW
October 12, 2014, 12:09:07 PM

Just having some troubles understanding who's EI. Could you explain better?

███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█   ⚂⚄⚀⚃⚅⚁    ██  d a d i c e  ██    Next Generation Dice Game
• Low 1% house edge. • Provably Fair.  
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
Kluge
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1015

View Profile
October 12, 2014, 08:25:58 PM

May be Spanish acronym of ISIS/ISIL (or literally, IS) - Estado Islámico (EI). Full Spanish name would be Estado Islámico de Irak y el Levante (EIIL).

(in case you didn't have enough acronyms to remember Tongue)
Grand_Voyageur

Activity: 322

https://dadice.com | Click my signature to join!

View Profile WWW
October 12, 2014, 09:07:49 PM

May be Spanish acronym of ISIS/ISIL (or literally, IS) - Estado Islámico (EI). Full Spanish name would be Estado Islámico de Irak y el Levante (EIIL).

(in case you didn't have enough acronyms to remember Tongue)

Thank You...now it make more sense!  Roll Eyes

█   ⚂⚄⚀⚃⚅⚁    ██  d a d i c e  ██    Next Generation Dice Game
• Low 1% house edge. • Provably Fair.  
mnmShadyBTC

Activity: 151
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 13, 2014, 02:13:12 AM

*EI=ISIS

I don't think this is very plausible. It would take very specific timing which is somewhat random for this to work also as soon as it becomes apparent that this is happening travel could simply be restricted to/from west Africa to prevent this from working.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
PRIMEDICE
The Premier Bitcoin Gambling Experience - PRIMEDICE 3 HAS LAUNCHED @PrimeDice
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Kluge
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1015

View Profile
October 13, 2014, 05:20:36 AM

*EI=ISIS

I don't think this is very plausible. It would take very specific timing which is somewhat random for this to work also as soon as it becomes apparent that this is happening travel could simply be restricted to/from west Africa to prevent this from working.
Well, how long does ebola stay on a corpse? ISIL has organized branches well west of Sinai, so I'd guess you'd just need an infected corpse for non-Arab ISIL members to use in a suicide mission. They'd just rub it all over themselves or cannibalize the corpse like they're on Walking Dead. Idunno how many virgins their anti-caliph prescribes for that kind of hardcore martyrdom, though... at least 100, hopefully.

(I'm guessing "anti-caliph" is appropriate since it's basically a Sunni version of the HRE's anti-pope ... ETA: On second thought, I don't recall the HRE's anti-pope telling people to eat human corpses infected with ebola so they could infect as many foreigners as possible before they bleed to death from every orifice. -But history's written by the victors, so who knows?)
steve98210

Activity: 85
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 13, 2014, 09:30:37 AM

*EI=ISIS

Well, how long does ebola stay on a corpse? ISIL has organized branches well west of Sinai, so I'd guess you'd just need an infected corpse for non-Arab ISIL members to use in a suicide mission. They'd just rub it all over themselves or cannibalize the corpse like they're on Walking Dead. Idunno how many virgins their anti-caliph prescribes for that kind of hardcore martyrdom, though... at least 100, hopefully.

(I'm guessing "anti-caliph" is appropriate since it's basically a Sunni version of the HRE's anti-pope ... ETA: On second thought, I don't recall the HRE's anti-pope telling people to eat human corpses infected with ebola so they could infect as many foreigners as possible before they bleed to death from every orifice. -But history's written by the victors, so who knows?)

The bubonic plague did work for the mongols. Killing 1/3 of the population of europe. If ISIS use ebola as a weapon I don't think this will not work for them. Ebola just infected an american nurse in dallas without the terrorist help how much more if the terrorists is added to the equation.
Snail2
Legendary

Activity: 1512

View Profile
October 13, 2014, 10:01:28 AM

The bubonic plague did work for the mongols. Killing 1/3 of the population of europe. If ISIS use ebola as a weapon I don't think this will not work for them. Ebola just infected an american nurse in dallas without the terrorist help how much more if the terrorists is added to the equation.

Probably trying to spread ebola wouldn't be a great success. How these infected terrorist can inject their bodily fluids into many people without being noticed? Sneezing and coughing on crowded buses or trains? Yes that could do some harm but I think they would be more effective with a few dozens of traditional hand grenades.
Snail2
Legendary

Activity: 1512

View Profile
October 13, 2014, 10:11:26 AM

BTW how can we know if this isn't just the latest WHO/pharma scam like the swine flu "pandemic" a few years ago?
Ebola is a fine candidate to spread fear and sell tons of stuff again.
NewLiberty
Legendary

Gresham's Lawyer

View Profile WWW
October 13, 2014, 10:20:39 AM

Probably trying to spread ebola wouldn't be a great success. How these infected terrorist can inject their bodily fluids into many people without being noticed? Sneezing and coughing on crowded buses or trains? Yes that could do some harm but I think they would be more effective with a few dozens of traditional hand grenades.
It seems to be spreading without anyone trying, are you thinking there is very little chance that it could be worse than it is now if the virus conscripts human wickedness in its war on humanity?

Sneezing and coughing on crowded buses/trains/events.   Yes, they could do that first.

Historically, also by blowing one's self up in crowded places so that it can be time-synchronized in multiple locations for maximal terror effect.

The few dozen grenades would be optional, or even improvised mines in the places where people would naturally run from the chaos.
This could put infected people in hospitals for stays long enough so where symptoms would ultimately manifest in the hospitals.

The win for the terrorist here, is the imposition of martial law by your own state.

FREE MONEY1 Bitcoin for Silver and Gold NewLibertyDollar.com and now BITCOIN SPECIE (silver 1 ozt) shows value by QR
Bulk premiums as low as .0012 BTC "BETTER, MORE COLLECTIBLE, AND CHEAPER THAN SILVER EAGLES" 1Free of Government
NewLiberty
Legendary

Gresham's Lawyer

View Profile WWW
October 13, 2014, 10:21:59 AM

BTW how can we know if this isn't just the latest WHO/pharma scam like the swine flu "pandemic" a few years ago?
Ebola is a fine candidate to spread fear and sell tons of stuff again.

They really haven't anything to sell yet.
Not a high margin on Saline solution and vitamin C which seems to be the most effective treatment regime so far.

Bagatell

View Profile
October 13, 2014, 10:22:58 AM

You forgot to mention Sars and bird flu. If anyone thinks this hasn't been in the works for a while watch this.

http://youtu.be/BAkzNx3zFtQ

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 »
  Print  

Jump to: