Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 12:59:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Anyone following the ebola outbreak?  (Read 39756 times)
cr7

Activity: 364
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 14, 2014, 08:11:19 AM

I think Sarin still may be more effective than Ebola, if correctly produced and distributed.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Snail2
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 14, 2014, 10:37:51 AM
Last edit: October 14, 2014, 11:10:59 AM by Snail2

Hm. Actually, you might be on to something. If the martyr were to explode himself from the inside with grenades, there'd be ebola-carrying gore splattered everywhere. What if he goes to a concert (ehhh... one of those mosh pits or whatever they're called, where they all stand around each other) and blows himself up? It could spark a pandemic. I doubt any first responders would think to check if the guy who blew himself up was infected with ebola, so you could have hundreds of people going about their daily routine for maybe 2-4 days before there's a massive round-up.

ETA: Okay. -So you have two guys go in, at least one infected with ebola. The first guy gets tossed up into the air by the second guy - or maybe only one guy who uses a trampoline - and they try to time it where the guy explodes when he's fairly high up. I'm not sure how far out his parts or blood would go, but I'd guess there'd be a way to get a majority.

Blowing up themselves on a high place like those big lights in football stadiums would do the job. In an indoor arena that could be even more effective. As a minimalist solution climbing to a lamp post clothed as Santa with a big backpack (loaded with "gifts" for the infidels) around Christmas in a busy shopping alley could work as well. I guess for days ppl across the globe would laugh at the stupid lame terrorists whom blown up themselves instead of their victims...
Grand_Voyageur

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

https://dadice.com | Click my signature to join!

View Profile WWW
October 14, 2014, 10:52:27 AM

Actually such a thread's posts should be kept under national security surveillance. IMHO, I think you dudes are going a bit too far here.

Just my 2 satoshi.

███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█   ⚂⚄⚀⚃⚅⚁    ██  d a d i c e  ██    Next Generation Dice Game
• Low 1% house edge. • Provably Fair.  
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
Snail2
Legendary

View Profile
October 14, 2014, 11:06:32 AM

Actually such a thread's posts should be kept under national security surveillance. IMHO, I think you dudes are going a bit too far here.

Just my 2 satoshi.

Well, you are right, but if I don't evaluate all the possible issues I could suddenly find myself on a Baggies-Wolves match, or even worse in a shopping center with my wife right before Christmas and only God knows what could happen to me there Smiley.
Grand_Voyageur

View Profile WWW
October 14, 2014, 11:22:14 AM

Just my 2 satoshi.

Well, you are right, but if I don't evaluate all the possible issues I could suddenly find myself on a Baggies-Wolves match, or even worse in a shopping center with my wife right before Christmas and only God knows what could happen to me there Smiley.

I cannot imagine how you alone could prevent a similar terrorist attack...other than avoiding the shopping centers (or any other terrorist target). So far the best way is stopping providing ideas to terrorist. If you would prepare yourself for an ebola outbreak other solution are at hand: http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2014/10/06/how-survivalists-in-america-are-plannning-their-escape-from-ebola-apocalypse-right-now/?tid=trending_strip_4.
I think their shopping list could be useful enough.

BitMos

Activity: 182
Merit: 123

"PLEASE SCULPT YOUR SHIT BEFORE THROWING. Thank U"

View Profile
October 14, 2014, 11:51:34 AM

So far the best way is stopping providing ideas to terrorist.

This is an interesting idea. Why do you think it's more efficient to prevent terrorist acts by refraining from discourses about potential threats than by sharing potential scenarios and finding the appropriate counter measures? By exposing the problems or risks publicly do you think it increases their potential of realization or do you reduce it by the awareness of the People? And in the case of an event do you think it increases the potential damage or the contrary?

money is faster...
Snail2
Legendary

View Profile
October 14, 2014, 11:55:58 AM

I cannot imagine how you alone could prevent a similar terrorist attack...other than avoiding the shopping centers (or any other terrorist target). So far the best way is stopping providing ideas to terrorist. If you would prepare yourself for an ebola outbreak other solution are at hand: http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2014/10/06/how-survivalists-in-america-are-plannning-their-escape-from-ebola-apocalypse-right-now/?tid=trending_strip_4.

Terrorist probably already have their own plans/ideas and I would be surprised to find that they are reading forums like this. However I still doubt the viability of such an attack in our environment with our hygienic standards. To be honest I'm more concerned because of the big pharma companies, as they can use such an opportunity to persuade governments about mandatory vaccinations so they can push their untested and probably harmful crap to us.
Balthazar
Legendary

Activity: 3108
Merit: 1358

View Profile
October 14, 2014, 12:32:23 PM
Last edit: October 15, 2014, 06:43:15 AM by Balthazar

Terrorist probably already have their own plans/ideas and I would be surprised to find that they are reading forums like this. However I still doubt the viability of such an attack in our environment with our hygienic standards. To be honest I'm more concerned because of the big pharma companies, as they can use such an opportunity to persuade governments about mandatory vaccinations so they can push their untested and probably harmful crap to us.
Mandatory vaccinations is the most effective policy. However, it's a shame that modern pharma industries prefer to work on the genetically engineered stuff instead of trying to develop alive attenuated vaccines without introduction of artificial changes into viral genome. Just see ebola for example... Only one proposed vaccine is based on a live attenuated strain of the virus. Remaining candidates are the result of genetic engineering. I don't try to say that genetic engineering is evil but it's relatively new technology. Of course the genetic engineering could be used when old approach doesn't work but why don't use the technique which is proven to be effective and safe in 18th century? Seems strange for me.
Snail2
Legendary

View Profile
October 14, 2014, 12:42:45 PM

Mandatory vaccinations is the most effective policy. However, it's a shame that modern pharma industries prefer to work on the genetically engineered stuff instead of trying to develop alive attenuated vaccines without introduction of artificial changes into viral genome. Just see ebola for example... Only one proposed vaccine is based on a live attenuated strain of the virus. Remaining candidates are the result of genetic engineering. I don't try to say that genetic engineering is evil but it's relatively new technology. Of course the genetic engineering could be used when old approach doesn't work but why don't use the technique which is proven to be effective and safe in 18th century? Seems strange for me.

To be honest I have some distrust towards live attenuated virus jabs since this summer, as seven of our kittens felt ill with cat flu after the cat flu vaccination. (Feligen RCP is also a live virus vaccine.) If those guys doing similarly good job with a live ebola virus cocktail then probably going to Liberia grabbing some large doses of booze and having sex with local prostitutes whom are already sick with ebola is a better option... or at least a more pleasant and exotic way to die Smiley.
Grand_Voyageur

View Profile WWW
October 14, 2014, 12:44:32 PM

Have you ever heard of lonewolf terrorists? Their success is fear..you don't need to up the body count if you can instill fear aka terror in people minds. A lot of people in many countries got vaccinated since consequences of not being vaccinated are usually worst. A lot of people in critical occupations (doctors, paramedics, police and military officers, etc.) are being given shots for a whole range of diseases since long time. Here in Italy, I've been given mandatory flu vaccination (as a volunteer paramedic) since the beginning of the SARS scare. No one got untested and probably harmful crap. Probably because no one would turn up to work if they didn't test the shots before.  Grin

Balthazar
Legendary

View Profile
October 14, 2014, 12:50:47 PM

To be honest I have some distrust towards live attenuated virus jabs since this summer, as seven of our kittens felt ill with cat flu after the cat flu vaccination. (Feligen RCP is also a live virus vaccine.)
It seems that you haven't seen how the wild strains of Calicivirus are affecting the kittens. And I bet you won't want to see. Roll Eyes
Snail2
Legendary

View Profile
October 14, 2014, 01:04:47 PM

To be honest I have some distrust towards live attenuated virus jabs since this summer, as seven of our kittens felt ill with cat flu after the cat flu vaccination. (Feligen RCP is also a live virus vaccine.)
It seems that you haven't seen how the wild strains of Calicivirus are affecting the kittens. And I bet you won't want to see. Roll Eyes

Actually I've seen that on feral cats and on rescued kittens. And you are right I didn't wanted to see again. It was two weeks of night and day hard work for the entire family to nurse all of them back to life.
Balthazar
Legendary

View Profile
October 14, 2014, 01:10:41 PM
Last edit: October 14, 2014, 03:11:07 PM by Balthazar

If those guys doing similarly good job with a live ebola virus cocktail
It's never the same, but simple in general. Attenuation process is based on breeding the virus on the culture of cells which is very different from cells of natural host. The most difficult part of the job is to find an optimal culture of host cells for replication of virus. In case of influenza virus an optimal breeding host cells culture is an embryo of bird, for example. After thousands of thousands of breeding cycles the viral genome successfully adapts to the new host, but the result of adaptation is lesser infectivity for original host cells. How much lesser? It depends on the virus' ability to mutate. If viral genome is stable then attenuated strain is unable to cause any symptoms of the disease. In case of polio attenuated strain is absolutely harmless while in case of variola, herpes, influenza or measles an attenuated strain is able to cause some symptoms of the disease.

probably going to Liberia grabbing a couple big bottles of booze and having sex with a local prostitute who's already sick with ebola is a better option... or at least a more pleasant and exotic way to die Smiley.
Hm... Seriously, I don't think that you would prefer to eat shit of sick person instead of getting alive polio vaccine.

P.S. Giving that genomes of ebolavirus and marburgvirus family species are very stable, it's unlikely that attenuated virus will be able to cause any symptoms of the desease. It should be pretty similar to polio vaccine in terms of virulence, i.e. a few weeks of asymptomatic carriership and you've got an immunity.
Snail2
Legendary

View Profile
October 14, 2014, 01:14:01 PM

Have you ever heard of lonewolf terrorists? Their success is fear..you don't need to up the body count if you can instill fear aka terror in people minds. A lot of people in many countries got vaccinated since consequences of not being vaccinated are usually worst. A lot of people in critical occupations (doctors, paramedics, police and military officers, etc.) are being given shots for a whole range of diseases since long time. Here in Italy, I've been given mandatory flu vaccination (as a volunteer paramedic) since the beginning of the SARS scare. No one got untested and probably harmful crap. Probably because no one would turn up to work if they didn't test the shots before.  Grin

Lonewolf terrorists can't do too much harm, as they have limited resources and do not have any meaningful logistic background.

I know mandatory vaccinations, in the army we've got vaccines before we went to some sort of remote shitholes. (The tropical mix was especially fine. We were sick for weeks after that.) However that was some well tested, proven good stuff. With known side effects and time tested protocols.
Please read the news. These brand sparkin' new ebola vaccines are on the way to be pushed through without extensive clinical testing, because of the health emergency. Are you wanna be a guinea pig?

NewLiberty
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1002

Gresham's Lawyer

View Profile WWW
October 14, 2014, 01:29:29 PM

Just my 2 satoshi.

No surveillance is needed.  We may be swirling around in one of the internet's weirder backwaters, but this is a post on the public internet, right?
http://www.news.com.au/world/middle-east/islamic-state-jihadists-may-infect-themselves-to-spread-ebola-in-the-west/story-fnh81ifq-1227085919151

Unlike paper money, you can't get ebola from receiving bitcoin transactions over the internet.

FREE MONEY1 Bitcoin for Silver and Gold NewLibertyDollar.com and now BITCOIN SPECIE (silver 1 ozt) shows value by QR
Bulk premiums as low as .0012 BTC "BETTER, MORE COLLECTIBLE, AND CHEAPER THAN SILVER EAGLES" 1Free of Government
Snail2
Legendary

View Profile
October 14, 2014, 03:19:27 PM

It's never the same, but simple in general. Attenuation process is based on breeding the virus on the culture of cells which is very different from cells of the natural host. The most difficult part of the job is to find an optimal culture of host cells for replication of virus. In case of influenza virus an optimal breeding host cells culture is an embryo of bird, for example. After thousands of thousands of breeding cycles the viral genome successfully adapts to the new host, but the result of adaptation is lesser infectivity for the cells of an original host. How much lesser? It depends on the virus' ability to mutate. If viral genome is stable then attenuated strain is unable to cause any symptoms of the disease. In case of polio attenuated strain is absolutely harmless while in case of variola, herpes, influenza or measles an attenuated strain is able to cause some symptoms of the disease.

I know how the attenuation process working, but I also know the phenomenon called virus interference between related viruses, possible secondary mutations and the effects of improper vaccine handling.
Please don't misunderstand me I trust Russian stuff. If it's not dead on arrive then it will work for generations, I just don't want to be in the first wave to be vaccinated Smiley. However I must admit I don't trust GSK, Pfizer and so on...
Bagatell

Activity: 722
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 14, 2014, 03:25:43 PM

However I must admit I don't trust GSK, Pfizer and so on...

How about Baxter? Didn't they try distributing vaccines by blowing them up on a train?

edit.

Oh look!

"Newly appointed UN Ebola Czar, David Nabarro, has warned of an explosion of Ebola cases.

http://www.ad-hoc-news.de/afrika-behoerden-bekommen-ebola-epidemie-nicht-unter–/de/News/38397097

Nabarro, a UKIP politician, was the senior UN system Co-ordinator for Avian and Human Influenza when WHO supplied the bird flu virus which contaminated 72 kilos of seasonal flu in Baxter’s biosecurity 3 facilities in Austria in 2009."
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1147

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
October 14, 2014, 05:37:00 PM

Ebola is not a candidate for weaponization. The closest attempt was by the Soviets. They weaponized the related Marburg virus, which also causes hemorrhagic fever. I don't think they ever used it.

But no nation is going to use a wild form of a virus. It would be like shooting a gun with barrels in all directions. You could not control who it infects, nor could you stop it once it starts spreading. In the future there will likely be highly selective germs created that target a particular race for example. Those will be dangerous bugs indeed.

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
Kluge
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1015

View Profile
October 14, 2014, 05:48:59 PM

Just my 2 satoshi.

Hey, man. If a terrorist blows himself up at a mosh pit or shopping center, now at least a few people in the US are going to be bugging the Hell out of CDC, FBI, and local police numbers to offer up a completely left-field explanation. The FBI's full of batshit crazies -- I'm sure they'd listen to me. Savin' lives every day -- it's hard work. Cool
NewLiberty
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1002

Gresham's Lawyer

View Profile WWW
October 14, 2014, 06:42:09 PM

Ebola is not a candidate for weaponization. The closest attempt was by the Soviets. They weaponized the related Marburg virus, which also causes hemorrhagic fever. I don't think they ever used it.

But no nation is going to use a wild form of a virus. It would be like shooting a gun with barrels in all directions. You could not control who it infects, nor could you stop it once it starts spreading. In the future there will likely be highly selective germs created that target a particular race for example. Those will be dangerous bugs indeed.

Yes, the future is going to be weird...

But these guys don't need technology, and they aren't nation states.
You know they used to catapult diseased animals and dead people over castle walls?
They aren't interested in stopping the spread of it either.  God will sort it out.
There are a lot of crazies out there.

There is a lot of current effort into controlling the reservoir of infection, which is good because it is uncontrolled currently.  Awareness is the best defense.

FREE MONEY1 Bitcoin for Silver and Gold NewLibertyDollar.com and now BITCOIN SPECIE (silver 1 ozt) shows value by QR
Bulk premiums as low as .0012 BTC "BETTER, MORE COLLECTIBLE, AND CHEAPER THAN SILVER EAGLES" 1Free of Government
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 »
  Print  

Jump to: