Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 09:32:26 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [Universal-Wallet] Coinomi (BIP44 compatible)  (Read 26460 times)
bambus002

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 11, 2017, 08:41:50 PM

I know i don't need to "recover funds" in any wallet. It was just a term that i thought will be easier to explain what i mean. I just wanted to hear clear answer - Yes, with this seed from Coinomi you can "recover" your funds at anytime, anywhere, no matter how much different coins you have there.

I don't need to know what tools i need to use to "recover" them now, cuz i have a seed and when i will lose my devices for some reasons then i will be interested in it. Just needed an assurance that having that ONE seed (instead of having one seed from one wallet for one coin) will guarantee me that my funds will never be lost and i will be able to "recover" them when i want.

Your answer is what i wanted to hear but in different words, I hope... Cheesy:D

Thanks Smiley

no, the seed is not enough.

it's just a password from which a software creates private keys. you need to know which algorithm is used to create the private keys.
in other words: you need the seed AND the "manual" how to do operations with this seed to create (or re-create) the private keys.

if you backup the seed, it is the same as if you backup the password to your creditcard, but not the credit card itself.
if you lost the card, you need someone who knows what was on the chip of the card (the banking account numbers) to get back access to your funds.

So i will use this tool https://coinomi.com/recovery-phrase-tool.html to extract my private key for every coin i hold on Coinomi, then i'm 100% sure my funds wil never be lost (if i don't lose these keys of course).

I think everything is clear for me now.

Thanks @gedor, @xdeltax

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
shannen87

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 16, 2017, 03:44:27 PM

You used to support XCP Counterparty, now I don't see it's logo on your official page, what's wrong?
Lionel

Activity: 613
Merit: 305

View Profile
August 16, 2017, 07:34:55 PM

This wallet supports BCC but i don't see it in the listed coins here https://coinomi.com/

Anyway , can i claim my BCH on Coinomi by entering my Seed i had on Electrum wallet?

Also, where is the JSON-RPC documentation of Coinomi, for each coin?
In particular especially for Ethereum, BCH, Litecoin, Dash, Monero, ZCash
coinbillionaire

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 01, 2017, 12:50:53 PM

I also have some questions. But first of all I am happy there is such software as Coinomi. Is there more similiar multi-wallets/universal-wallets? Or is coinomi the best/a safe choice?

The only complaint so far I have is that its a bit tedious to add more coins/wallets as you have to type the password every time. So when you still have no money in it, its easier to actually just start over, because intitially it will create all the wallets you need pretty fast and easy.

Someone asked how they can recover their different wallets, should Coinomi ever go down. I have a question related to this. Lets say I save the .apk so i could always reinstall the app even if it gets removed from Google Play for some reason (just in theory).

Would this be enough, the app and my "universal keyphrase" to restore all the wallets and get their private keys?

Can I use coinomi completely offline, to generate the wallets, AND see the private key for EACH of the wallets?

Because this right now would seem easiest for me:

Use coinomi offline on a tablet.
Generate the wallets offline (or will this need online?...)
Send the altcoins to the addresses from elsewhere, like browser/exchange.
Store safely.

Right now I cannot seem to find the option to actually view all my wallet addresses and private keys?

Would really appreciate some help on this, hope I did not ask it all too complicated (english is not my first language, apologies!)
2bfree

Activity: 686
Merit: 251

I'm investigating Crypto Projects

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2017, 11:16:09 AM

Hi Coinomi team,

I have a question I saw an ad on top of my Coinomi android wallet for ICO investing in ENJIN coin which I followed the instruction and send some Ether from my coinomi wallet but at the end the ETH was gone but no ENJIN showing or record or anything? How will this ICO be credited to me and will this be in my Coinomi wallet? Thanks!

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
>>FREE SEO AUDIT/WHITE LABEL MAKE MONEY!<<
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
PilotofBTC
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 07:55:58 PM

I know that coinomi supports SegWit... but where are the details? Do I have to create a new wallet/address. I'm pretty sure segwit addresses start with a 3.

eli5!
Rw13enlib88
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1025

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 07:07:39 AM

Hi,

could you please include Pesetacoin and Teslacoin please?

Rw

Apologies for our late response.
We indeed consider adding both coins in the future but they are not in our top priority list. However, thank you for the suggestions.
Stay Tuned!

Thanks for having them in your radar!

Hi,

just a little update on Pesetacoin

We've been added to slip44, allowing multi-currency wallets to support pesetacoin and be inter-operable with one another:
https://github.com/satoshilabs/slips/pull/87
Obviously, we would love to see PTC in your wallet too
Team, community, price and volume is growing

Hi,

Another little update on the progess

We now have PesetacoinJS, pesetacore and insight explorer
https://github.com/FundacionPesetacoin/pesetacoinjs-lib
https://github.com/FundacionPesetacoin/pesetacore
http://live.pesetacoin.info/

We're about to release Electrum-Peseta in 2 days.

We've been listed in Litebit and no need to say we would love to get into Coinomi   Smiley

btw, volume and mcap keeps growing steadily  Smiley
2bfree

Activity: 686
Merit: 251

I'm investigating Crypto Projects

View Profile WWW
September 06, 2017, 08:32:22 AM

Hi Coinomi team,

I have a question I saw an ad on top of my Coinomi android wallet for ICO investing in ENJIN coin which I followed the instruction and send some Ether from my coinomi wallet but at the end the ETH was gone but no ENJIN showing or record or anything? How will this ICO be credited to me and will this be in my Coinomi wallet? Thanks!

Did anyone else buy ENJIN from Coinomi or am I the only one and what is the next step here? Thanks.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
>>FREE SEO AUDIT/WHITE LABEL MAKE MONEY!<<
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
ggnorevthx

Activity: 140

Proof-of-Asset Protocol

View Profile
September 11, 2017, 11:46:40 AM

Has anyone succesfully used the site to recover they priv. keys? I wanted to use it because the Wallet App I use does not offer this and I wanted to get my Bitcoin Cash funds. But when I saw a field for inserting the seed I was a little bit suspicious. If I enter my seed and the site generates my private keys, wouldn't someone be able to steal my funds?

| World Fintech Startups | Microsoft Azure Partner | $1,5 M Raised During pre-ICO |
     BANKEX - Proof-of-Asset Protocol    
| WHITE PAPER | BLOGSLACKTELEGRAMBITCOINTALKGITHUBTWITTERYOUTUBEFACEBOOK |☰
PilotofBTC
Legendary

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 05:57:42 PM

Hi Coinomi team,

Did anyone else buy ENJIN from Coinomi or am I the only one and what is the next step here? Thanks.

I bought some. The web site says the tokens will be transferred to your account by Oct 3.
PilotofBTC
Legendary

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 05:58:57 PM

Has anyone succesfully used the site to recover they priv. keys? I wanted to use it because the Wallet App I use does not offer this and I wanted to get my Bitcoin Cash funds. But when I saw a field for inserting the seed I was a little bit suspicious. If I enter my seed and the site generates my private keys, wouldn't someone be able to steal my funds?

No, it's a stand alone web page, that includes all the code needed to show you your keys.

You can run it on an airgapped PC (or boot to a livedisk linux distro) if you want.

ggnorevthx

Proof-of-Asset Protocol

View Profile
September 19, 2017, 03:45:27 PM

No, it's a stand alone web page, that includes all the code needed to show you your keys.

You can run it on an airgapped PC (or boot to a livedisk linux distro) if you want.

Yeah I managed to recover my keys and all is well. Funny thing is that I droped my old wallet in favor of Conomi (wich I dind't knew until now) and I'm really pleased with it. So, double win I guess.

| World Fintech Startups | Microsoft Azure Partner | $1,5 M Raised During pre-ICO |
cryptoid2017

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 23, 2017, 02:03:10 PM

Nice that the Changelly support was added in the last update - good alternative to Shapeshift.

⚡⚡ PRiVCY ⚡⚡   ▂▃▅▆█ ✅ PRiVCY (PRIV) is a new PoW/PoS revolutionary privacy project ● ☞ ✅ Best privacy crypto-market! ● █▆▅▃▂
    Own Your Privacy! ─────────────────║ WebsiteGithub  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Discord  |  Explorer ║─────────────────
   ✯✯✯✯✯                 ✈✈✈[Free Airdrop - Starts 9th June]✅[Tor]✈✈✈ ║───────────║ Wallet ➢ ✓ Windows  |  ✓ macOS  |  ✓ Linux
Rw13enlib88
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1025

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 05:43:48 PM

Hi,

could you please include Pesetacoin and Teslacoin please?

Rw

Apologies for our late response.
We indeed consider adding both coins in the future but they are not in our top priority list. However, thank you for the suggestions.
Stay Tuned!

Thanks for having them in your radar!

Hi,

just a little update on Pesetacoin

We've been added to slip44, allowing multi-currency wallets to support pesetacoin and be inter-operable with one another:
https://github.com/satoshilabs/slips/pull/87
Obviously, we would love to see PTC in your wallet too
Team, community, price and volume is growing

Hi,

Another little update on the progess

We now have PesetacoinJS, pesetacore and insight explorer
https://github.com/FundacionPesetacoin/pesetacoinjs-lib
https://github.com/FundacionPesetacoin/pesetacore
http://live.pesetacoin.info/

We're about to release Electrum-Peseta in 2 days.

We've been listed in Litebit and no need to say we would love to get into Coinomi   Smiley

btw, volume and mcap keeps growing steadily  Smiley

Hi,

Another little update on PTC!

We're now with Electrum-Peseta available and working on the webwallet now Smiley

http://electrum.pesetacoin.info/
ggnorevthx

Proof-of-Asset Protocol

View Profile
September 26, 2017, 05:06:40 PM

Is there anyway we can see a prediction of new coins to be added? (if there are)

scryptenthusiast

Activity: 1204
Merit: 253

View Profile WWW
October 06, 2017, 10:26:21 PM

NewYorkCoin (NYC) needs a mobile wallet.
Original true crypto with fair launch in March 2014.
Block explorer, mining pools, github.

Please add NYC!

nycoin.net

OFFICIAL NEW YORK COIN (NYC) Retail Crypto. No Fee Layer 1 Blockchain Since 2014.
EARLIEST LIGHTNING-FAST, NO FEE PAYMENTS CRYPTO IN EXISTENCE   nycoin.net  |  newyorkcoin.net
Kapyong

Activity: 103
Merit: 2

Writer

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 07:15:37 AM
Last edit: October 12, 2017, 08:00:47 AM by Kapyong

Gday all,

Here is an experience I just had with Coinomi and my Bitcoin Cash (BCH), which was quite serious and should interest fellow users.

Background :
I have a new Android phone (kept updated) and have been using Coinomi on it for a few months (currently v1.7.7). I had some Bitcoin in it during the split to Bitcoin Cash, I received my BCH as expected; I've also used Coinomi for Ethereum - all worked as expected. I am not a newbie.

First symptom :
Recently I noticed that my BCH value in Coinomi had not changed one cent for at least two days (I check daily at least), which was obviously wrong.

Wallet Restore :
I had my Recovery Phrase in hand (of course), so I un-installed Coinomi, re-installed it and then performed a Wallet Restore from the phrase.

No BitCoin Cash :
My Bitcoin value and transactions were all restored succesfully, and so too my Ethereum.
But I had NO BCH, and NO BCH transaction record either Sad while the wallet showed correct BCH blockchain height.

A sweep failed to find them :
I recovered my 20 private keys from the (BIP44 compatible) Recovery Phrase, and then used Coinomi to manually sweep each one - they all reported as empty within about 2-3 seconds.

A different wallet worked :
So, I found another wallet that supported BCH and BIP44 Recovery Phrases, performed a sweep using the phrase and succesfully recovered all my BCH in about 30 seconds ! Smiley

So -
It's not really clear what the cause was, but it's a serious problem, and it may indicate a bug in Coinomi.
Beware.

Don't expect much help from support (hi Joe!) - I reported that a Wallet Restore had failed, and he said in response that a Wallet Restore 'will' work, because I had probably used a different version of Coinomi !

Kapyong
PilotofBTC
Legendary

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 05:27:28 PM

If you got BCH due to the fork split there is a different dirivation path than there would be if you just created a BCH wallet at startup.

I expect if you add a BCH wallet to your Coinomi app using the M/44H/0H/0H you would see your BCH.

---

Not sure the original issue. Sometimes the wallet doesn't connect to the blockchain, or perhaps the server it was talking to was behind a bit... was the height correct?

Kapyong

Activity: 103
Merit: 2

Writer

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 11:51:55 PM

Gday,

If you got BCH due to the fork split there is a different dirivation path than there would be if you just created a BCH wallet at startup.

Yes, I suspect that was a key factor in my problem.

I expect if you add a BCH wallet to your Coinomi app using the M/44H/0H/0H you would see your BCH.

I didn't try that, and I've moved my coins now. I have not yet studied the details of derivation paths.

Not sure the original issue. Sometimes the wallet doesn't connect to the blockchain, or perhaps the server it was talking to was behind a bit... was the height correct?

When the initial freeze happened, I did not notice if the height was correct, but I suspect it was not.

I think I hit two problems :

• my Coinomi lost connection to the block-chain (for some unknown reason)
  • my Restore failed because of the derivation issue as you mentioned

Anyway, I learned some more, and didn't lose my BCH !
Smiley

Kapyong

aoluain
Legendary

Activity: 2254
Merit: 1256

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 10:58:12 PM

To the Coinomi Team,
From the bitcoingold website I understand you will be adding BTG to your
list of supported currencies. DO you have a time frame for this to happen?

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████