Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 10:59:39 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 26 antminers S3  (Read 2101 times)
qwertyuiop88 (OP)

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 07:06:32 AM

Greetings everyone!
My apologizes for silly question.
I ordered 26 antminers S3 and they are almost here.
How do I set up my mining rig?
What do I need except PSUs?

Thanks in advance!
dogie
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
July 28, 2014, 07:11:03 AM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=702653.0

chnchapters

Activity: 106
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 08:42:35 AM

I can help you if you need me to.
I am a dev for Black Coin and run support on http://www.blackcoinpool.com
you can contact me via email or on IRC
freenode #blackcoin or #blackcoinpool
futureazy

Activity: 56

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 09:05:12 AM

Why did you buy them before knowing how to set up your mining rig?
Lorenzo

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 01:52:24 PM

That looks like a nice guide. Didn't know it (and others) existed. Neat.

Why did you buy them before knowing how to set up your mining rig?

I'm sort of curious about this too. After all, 26 Antminer S3s is a pretty big investment. Heck, even just one Antminer S3 would be a pretty big investment for most people.
jonnybravo0311
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1023

Mine at Jonny's Pool

View Profile WWW
July 28, 2014, 03:06:15 PM

Greetings everyone!

Thanks in advance!

Dogie's guides are pretty comprehensive and will give you the information you need to get your miners up and running.  Having written that, you sunk a pretty significant amount of coin into hardware without having the most basic knowledge of what you were getting yourself into?

Do you even have the available power to drive all of them?  At 340W each from the wall, you're looking at 8840W minimum available power - or at least 2  220V/30A circuits.  Not to mention, you'll need enough network switches, cabling, cooling, to handle them all.

Jonny's Pool - Mine with us and help us grow!  Support a pool that supports Bitcoin, not a hardware manufacturer's pockets!  No SPV cheats.  No empty blocks.
Crossbow376

Activity: 615
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 04:08:46 PM

Greetings everyone!

Thanks in advance!

Dogie's guides are pretty comprehensive and will give you the information you need to get your miners up and running.  Having written that, you sunk a pretty significant amount of coin into hardware without having the most basic knowledge of what you were getting yourself into?

Do you even have the available power to drive all of them?  At 340W each from the wall, you're looking at 8840W minimum available power - or at least 2  220V/30A circuits.  Not to mention, you'll need enough network switches, cabling, cooling, to handle them all.

OP, I hope you are not trying to run them in your home, as not many residential house can provide that much power and you need further more electricity for your other electrical appliances.
These miners will also emit lots of heat and so you should monitor the room temp closely to see if you need better cooling or air-conditioning.

qwertyuiop88 (OP)

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 06:57:10 PM

Thank you, guys for informative and kind replies!
Yes, it was pretty big investment, but I`ve got a good feeling about it!
ajareselde
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000

Satoshi is rolling in his grave. #bitcoin

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 08:26:36 PM

Hope you get the return you are expecting.
If you dont know what you need for setting it up, please tell me that u calculated how much power you need for that.
You dont want to burn your instalations down by overloading them..
qwertyuiop88 (OP)

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 08:37:09 PM

If you dont know what you need for setting it up, please tell me that u calculated how much power you need for that.

Thank you for support!. The point of my question was how do I merge all the power of S3s into my own pool and start mining solo. Or join somebody`s pool with my "sub-pool". I can solve the problem with wall power and PSUs . I`m certificated computer technican and system administrator ;-)
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 09:27:18 PM

Thank you for support!. The point of my question was how do I merge all the power of S3s into my own pool and start mining solo. Or join somebody`s pool with my "sub-pool". I can solve the problem with wall power and PSUs . I`m certificated computer technican and system administrator ;-)

Hope you are also a electrician with that amount.  Make sure you have the power for all of this, and breakers to support your many miners.
qwertyuiop88 (OP)

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 05:47:41 AM

Hope you are also a electrician with that amount.  Make sure you have the power for all of this, and breakers to support your many miners.
Thanks! I think I can manage electrician`s problem. I would like to focus on network questions, for example, how about this 26-port switch?
http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/switches/sg300-28mp-28-port-gigabit-max-poe-managed-switch/model.html
DrG
Legendary

Activity: 2086
Merit: 1035

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 10:23:51 AM

Thanks! I think I can manage electrician`s problem. I would like to focus on network questions, for example, how about this 26-port switch?
http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/switches/sg300-28mp-28-port-gigabit-max-poe-managed-switch/model.html

A managed switch is overkill (waste of money).  You also don't need gigabit since even 10/100 will do, but most switches are Gigabit nowadays.  I would get a 32 port one or if you don't mind segmentation 2 16s or 2 24s might actually be cheaper and allow you to spread the miners out into 2 stacks.
qwertyuiop88 (OP)

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 08:23:46 PM

A managed switch is overkill (waste of money).  You also don't need gigabit since even 10/100 will do, but most switches are Gigabit nowadays.  I would get a 32 port one or if you don't mind segmentation 2 16s or 2 24s might actually be cheaper and allow you to spread the miners out into 2 stacks.
I thought about purchasing managed switch only in context creating my own pool soon or a later. Now I realized that it`s gonna be later than soon and I`ve got a question - which pool is better for my 26 S3 ? I can share a secret - I`m from Lithuania.
adaryian

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

★ BitClave pre-ICO: 25/07/17 ★

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 09:42:37 PM

Greetings everyone!

Thanks in advance!

If you're looking for a pool that can give you some great potential ROI on those miners, may I suggest giving eCurrency.io out?  We give 2.5BTC out per block to random ACTIVE miners through Random.org, so the more hashing power we have the more blocks we find, the better the chance you'll win the 2.5BTC but along with that you'll still receive your PPLNS payout schedule.  We also give away other prizes as well when the wallet has enough to do so.

The information is in my signature.  This also goes for anyone else who might want to change from their regular pool in chance to win big! Smiley

,'+██':                 
              ,█████████████;             
            .██████████████████           
            .████████████████████         
         █  .███;         ,███████.       
        ██  .█+              '█████'       
      `███  .█+    ,;'':       █████+     
      ████  .█+ ███████████,    ,████+     
     █████  .████████████████,    ████,   
    ██████  .██████████████████   `████   
   ;██████  .█████`      '██████  .█████   
   ████ ██  .███           :████████████. 
  +███  ██  .█.     `..      ████████████ 
  ████  ██  .    .███████'    ███████████`
 ,███   ██      ███████████    ███████████
 ████   ██     █████████████`  `██████████
 ███;  ███    ███████████████   ██████████`
 ███   ███   .████████████████  `█████████'
,███   ███   █████████████████   ██████████
'███  ,███   █████████████████:  ██████████
+███  ;███  `██████████████████  ██████████
████  '███  .██████████████████  +█████████
████  '███  .██████████████████  +█████████
'███  :███   █████████████████'  ██████████
:███   ███   █████████████████   ██████████
 ███   ███'  '████████████████   ██████████
 ███,  ████   ███████████████`  ██████████,
 ████  ,███:  `█████████████+   ██████████
 ;███   ████   `███████████+   ███████████
  ███'  .████    █████████`   +██████████;
  ████   █████     :███'     +███████████ 
   ████   █████`            ████████████+ 
   ████,   ██████`        +█████. +█████   
    ████    █████████++████████`   ████.   
    .████    ;████████████████    █████   
     '████`    +████████████     █████     
      +████+     `'█████+.     .█████     
       +█████.                ██████       
        ,██████;           .███████       
          █████████':,:;█████████.         
           ,███████████████████+           
             .███████████████;             
                `'████████,               
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 11:09:11 PM

I thought about purchasing managed switch only in context creating my own pool soon or a later. Now I realized that it`s gonna be later than soon and I`ve got a question - which pool is better for my 26 S3 ? I can share a secret - I`m from Lithuania.

DRG is right you can use a dumb hub for most things, i have a router and use hub's to split connection in mining rooms.

On pool it's personal preference.  Look at types of pools is one of your biggest choices.  Some luck factor a lot more into your BTC mined.
Jenny69

Activity: 15

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 11:14:06 PM

You sure did spend a lot of money on equipment that you do not know how to use even after you have paid for it. This does not sound like a good idea.
qwertyuiop88 (OP)

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 06:20:18 AM

You sure did spend a lot of money on equipment that you do not know how to use even after you have paid for it. This does not sound like a good idea.
I`m already using it. I`m just asking for friendly advices how to use it most profitable.
qwertyuiop88 (OP)

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 06:27:59 AM

DRG is right you can use a dumb hub for most things, i have a router and use hub's to split connection in mining rooms.

On pool it's personal preference.  Look at types of pools is one of your biggest choices.  Some luck factor a lot more into your BTC mined.
Thanks! But why should I "invent a bycicle", what if I just use someone`s expirience who walked the same way? I bet there are a lot of ASICs owners who spent plenty of time choosing pools and strategies, failover, balance, load balance...
DrG
Legendary

Activity: 2086
Merit: 1035

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 06:46:06 AM

With 26 S3s you can mine on pretty much every pool since stratum has had the bugs worked out on SHA-256.  I would use load balancing over 3 or 4 pools, choose your favorites or the 4 biggest after ghash (please don't mine there for the time being) and have CGMiner load balance across the 4 pools since you would be earning for the next 6 months.  Set auto payout on each pool to 0.5BTC so you don't get too much build up on each pool and also so you don't have tons of micro transactions.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: