Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 11:22:39 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Anita Sarkeesian - Feminist Frequency - Donating in Bitcoin  (Read 39018 times)
TCM

Activity: 251
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 15, 2014, 01:11:28 AM

Is it me? Or is it you?
TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 1958

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
December 15, 2014, 02:44:11 AM

https://blog.torproject.org/blog/solidarity-against-online-harassment

At least the Tor project can defend people("especially women who speak up online") being harassed against abusive people. Tor is also a good tool if you are harassed. Satoshi didn't implement Tor for stupid reasons.

I only asked in the thread if anybody was interested in Anita Sarkeesian's work. You didn't need to post, and you certainly didn't need to rant Ad Continuum since me speaking shouldn't make you feel that you must scream that you think that Anita is bad just because she asked for donations.

Oh well, she's a woman. That's why you overreacted. Also I typed words here, that's also why you overreacted. If you really want to do something then open a fund for Jordan Owen 42 or Aurini or something. I think you should put me on your ignore list because I don't think your mind can process much of Bitcoin community diversity, but is rather limited to the "we are a Bitcoin boys club" mantra.

We are reacting because you turn EVERY COMMENT into a "sexist" one, and you slander people left and right putting words into their mouths and spouting other disingenuous topics. I don't care if you and Anita are women, that doesn't even factor into my reason for replying. YOU ARE A DISHONEST AND DIVISIVE PERSON. THIS is why you are getting a strong reaction from people here, NOT because you happen to have been born with a vagina. All I see is a bunch of dishonesty and slanderous attacking words out of you, not your gender. The Bitcoin community is COMPLETELY OPEN to women, and just because people here call YOU PERSONALLY on your lies does not mean women are not welcome. Sorry you don't get to go to a community you barely participate in, start slandering and accusing people, then claim the protection of the entire female gender as your shield, and accuse anyone who disagrees as being "sexist" or claim they are "threatening" you ala the Sarkesian model of casting her critics as sexist criminals. No one is buying it. Your problem is you picked the wrong audience for your lies.
tjohej (OP)

Activity: 378

Magic Staff

View Profile
December 18, 2014, 03:55:33 AM

NOT because you happen to have been born with a vagina
That's sexism.

There may still be hope for the 1st decentralized cryptocurrency which is Bitcoin. How to approach different subjects is key to progress.
williamj2543

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

Get ready for PrimeDice Sig Campaign!

View Profile WWW
December 18, 2014, 03:59:36 AM

I would like to be able to donate in Bitcoin to Anita Sarkeesian...

Anita is sexist against men to an absolute extreme, and one of the biggest hypocrite you can find on the internet. She says that if a man is saving a woman in a video game, then it must mean that the woman is portrayed as totally helpless. She also says that if a woman is the hero and sacrificing her safety to save others, then the game is promoting violence towards women. Nothing that Anita says ever holds true across any of her claims. No matter what happens in a game, it is always portraying women badly from her warped perspective. It is the classic "have your cake and eat it too" example of a hypocrite. Sorry, you just can't have it both ways, ever.

You seem to have fallen for the neo-liberal fallacy, in that, because there exist 50% women in the population, that all jobs, hobbies, and sports should consist of 50% women. By your logic, 50% of Alaskan crab fishing should be female, 50% of bodybuilders should be female, and 50% of preschool teachers should be male. What you fail to understand is that men and women are measurably different. Men are physically stronger, taller, and cannot give birth. There are a multitude of factors that go into the gender imbalance throughout all jobs, hobbies, and sports. If you cannot acknowledge basic reality, then please don't go around spreading your illogical nonsense.

There is no worldwide conspiracy or some unspoken code that men who use bitcoin live by in order to keep women out. Women are the reason that there are not more women bitcoiners. When they see that it can benefit them, more women will join the cause. That is where you come in. Instead of running around and pointing your hateful fingers at every man in the world, how about you actually do something positive and help get more women involved? Or do you just want to spread hatred like Anita?
This is quite possible one of the best written arguments I've seen. I have to quote this and remember these facts. I am not for feminism, I am for gender equality, and what you said about the 50% really sums it up. Thanks for sharing

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
▓▓▓▓▓  BIT-X.comvvvvvvvvvvvvvvi
→ CREATE ACCOUNT 
▓▓▓▓▓
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
tjohej (OP)

Magic Staff

View Profile
December 18, 2014, 04:02:23 AM

This is quite possible one of the best written arguments I've seen. I have to quote this and remember these facts. I am not for feminism, I am for gender equality, and what you said about the 50% really sums it up. Thanks for sharing
By CoinMode doing a strawman argument against what Anita says? He/she doesn't even post references. So is this what it is like to be a member of the Bitcoin community? To post nonsense not backed up by anything?

There may still be hope for the 1st decentralized cryptocurrency which is Bitcoin. How to approach different subjects is key to progress.
TCM

View Profile
December 18, 2014, 04:11:37 AM

That's sexism.

How is that sexism?
tjohej (OP)

Magic Staff

View Profile
December 18, 2014, 04:48:42 AM

That's sexism.

How is that sexism?
You'll find out about that after looking at your own sexist comment
Fuck Feminazis

TCM

View Profile
December 18, 2014, 04:49:45 AM

So answering a question is too hard? BTW, if you project that comment onto yourself, do you see yourself as a Feminazi?
TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 1958

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
December 19, 2014, 10:22:53 AM

That's sexism.
Thanks for confirming for me you have no ability to make a logical argument, therefore you resort to slander.
tjohej (OP)

Magic Staff

View Profile
December 19, 2014, 02:28:19 PM

Not only is it sexism(your favourite topic seems to be talking about genitals) TECSHARE but your stupid and irrelevant focus on my person. You are the main source of Ad Hominem in this thread.

TCM

View Profile
December 19, 2014, 02:31:20 PM

Seriously, your feeling of importance is way overblown. The fact that you have certain genitals is just that, a fact. Your reflex to cry sexism because you feel ashamed of facts hints at a deeper problem you should resolve, instead of trolling the forums with faux-feminism.
tjohej (OP)

Magic Staff

View Profile
December 19, 2014, 02:34:30 PM
Last edit: December 19, 2014, 03:07:30 PM by tjohej

TCM, stop filling this thread with more shit. I have put you on ignore and I advice anybody else who want to follow this thread to do the same. Time to ignore people who only want to derail the thread.

It's like you go on a topic about Bitcoin and you start talking about Litecoin. You can't behave, go elsewhere. There's something you would like me to know, send me a PM. Don't reply to me here. Send me a PM, don't use this as an excuse to get your post count up.

If you feel you can't stay on-topic, put me on ignore please. We'll get rid of the Ad Hominems and can actually focus on the topic. The best would be to just leave the thread alone. Focus on the stuff you are good at and actually interested in(instead of jumping in on threads which you are just casually against, but genuinely not interested in)

TCM

View Profile
December 19, 2014, 02:35:26 PM

You mean on top of the shit that you put there in the first place?
worhiper_-_

Activity: 700

View Profile
December 19, 2014, 03:38:31 PM
Last edit: December 22, 2014, 03:54:49 AM by worhiper_-_

Since this is probably the only pro sjw topic in bitcointalk, I wonder why you people keep bothering. OP is obviously trying to push a certain political agenda that no one cares about. Either she's extremely stupid or she acts like she is just to get more attention. Either way she' has proven that she isn't able to take part in any constructive conversation.

Stop replying and she might realise how pathetic she is when she keeps bumping the single topic she created that's getting attention. She will eventually shut up once she realises that her message isn't getting through unless you people keep replying to her stupid claims. She will always use the classical feminist defense mechanism :

Oh that's sexist bring me more attention and maybe someone will support me against your harrasment.

I call it now, everyone that posts under this red line is an idiot.

Magic Staff

View Profile
December 20, 2014, 05:18:03 AM
Last edit: December 26, 2014, 09:40:21 AM by tjohej

This is my last message addressing people trying to derail, slander or just spam the thread. You will have a PM as a reply to your posting which I thought was offtopic/whatever.

If you disregard women and make them feel more unwelcome you are just making Bitcoin a more closed community, a male-only community.(that's an agenda)
That would be the extremest form of segregation, just telling the world that you are all about not letting more people know or learn about Bitcoin because of your personal self-restricting reasons.

If you can't laugh at yourself then you have  a serious problem.

By the way. I can also make colorful lines, grass is green, the sky is blue. I don't see it that you are any kind of inventor of them.(they are just markup on this forum glow=blue,2,300[]/glow[])
If you can make trolls put me on ignore or just actively discourage them from posting here you are doing bitcointalk.org and Bitcoin a big favor. Thank you!
Here's the blue line by the way. Interpret it as you prefer. Maybe it means that the thread actually starts after the blue line and that everything that was posted as a reply before the red line was just trolling. Or maybe it means that all trolls should take a shower(blue would then mean water) to clean them of all 'evil sexism', or maybe it doesn't mean anything just like a red line only means being a red line, duh.

After turning on ignore I see no red line no more. The thing with the line was actually quite useful. It keeps(or was supposed to prevent...) people from spamming this thread.

tjohej (OP)

Magic Staff

View Profile
December 23, 2014, 05:16:30 AM
Last edit: December 23, 2014, 06:02:03 AM by tjohej

3:47 into the video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E47-FMmMLy0 "25 Invisible Benefits of Gaming While Male"
If I choose to point out sexism in gaming, my observations will not be seen as self-serving, and will therefore be perceived as more credible and worthy of respect than those of my female counterparts, even if they are saying the exact same thing.

08:12 into the video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ah8mhDW6Shs "Anita Sarkeesian, Feminist Frequency - XOXO Festival (2014)"
Once a cascade reaches a critical mass it no longer matters what the facts are. It becomes a viral meme

And also this
You know you can complain as much as you want but the woman is damn right about one thing. Once rumors are allowed to spread about you on the internet no matter how false, no matter how unfounded and no matter how easy to disprove they become 'fact' in the eyes of people who want to hate you. That's why we now have over 11,000 people all trying to either get her fired from a job she doesn't have or demanding people ignore the things she says based on false quotes made up specifically to try to discredit her.

tjohej (OP)

Magic Staff

View Profile
December 26, 2014, 09:04:28 AM

Anita is a joke.  Don't ever donate to her because is is an extremist.
Why 'is' Anita Sarkeesian an extremist?

https://twitter.com/womengamers/status/514421138118950912
Jonathan Mann made a musical rebuttal to Christina Sommers video. ♫ Are Video Games Sexist? ♫ Auto-Tune Rebuttal | Song A Day #2088

https://www.reddit.com/r/videos/comments/2gl2ak/are_video_games_sexist_christina_hoff_sommers/ckk853g
The video while with some salient points also swings towards the pro-gamer gate crowd and in essence will be heralded as a sane arguement

darkota

Activity: 770

View Profile
December 27, 2014, 03:00:33 AM

Women and Men are not equal. Men are stronger than Women. Women are more considerate(empathy) than Men. Men are more dominant than Women. Women are more submissive than men.

Get it? What people(researches) don't want you to know, is the biological inequality between the male and female sex.

Feminism isn't about sprouting hate at men, it's about educating both sexes on the theoretical equality of both sexes. However, people like the OP of ths thread, Sarkeesian, and many others take it to a whole new level, where they hypocritically antagonize the male sex on everything in an attempt to uplift the female sex. That's called bullying or sexism mr/mrs/ms OP.

Instead of attacking every little thing that you see as sexist in your twisted mind, OP, why don't you go and educate people in rural communities and 3rd world countries, where sexism and violence against women is a really huge issue, and with that I say, take your hand and shove it up your hypocritical ass, OP. Thanks.
SalimNagamato
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 28, 2014, 05:36:36 PM

uh?
the more i dig in this forum
the more strange it seems.

not hashing, folding and curing (check FLDC merged-folding! reuse good GPUs)
SalimNagamato
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 28, 2014, 06:04:01 PM

btw not all video games are sexist
at least not the one and only game i like to play (it a combat flight simulator..)
but i didn't find many women (only 2 in many years of playing it on-line) who would actually like it !
is it because girls are getting dolls to play and boys leggo? Tongue
nowdays there are more and more women combat pilots and general aviation pilots

not hashing, folding and curing (check FLDC merged-folding! reuse good GPUs)
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: