Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 09:55:42 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Anita Sarkeesian - Feminist Frequency - Donating in Bitcoin  (Read 39018 times)
tjohej (OP)

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

Magic Staff

View Profile
September 08, 2014, 09:28:06 AM
Last edit: September 08, 2014, 10:04:58 AM by tjohej

Anita Sarkeesian: Because my dad was a networking engineer I basically grew up surrounded by computers and started playing PC games at a pretty young age.

My dad was a computer networking engineer, so while I was growing up our house was full of computers and he would always have a few machines loaded with games for me. When I was about 10, I remember I campaigned for months to convince my parents that the “Game Boy” was not in fact just for boys.

So how many of you had dads who were in the tech business, and let you grow up with a lot of technology at a young age? Me from 4-5 years old...(had among other things some computer called QL if I remember correctly)
I don't say that you must have had parents working in the technology industry, just a curious interest from my side.

There may still be hope for the 1st decentralized cryptocurrency which is Bitcoin. How to approach different subjects is key to progress.
J2383

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 08, 2014, 10:43:38 AM

Anita Sarkeesian said that 3 years ago. It looks like you assume that what somebody(anybody!) said 3 years ago holds true for all eternity in the future. If I talked about 3 years ago how much I hate eating biscuit chocolate and how horrible the taste is, but the last 6 months I talk about that the taste isn't that bad after all, that I gotten used to it and that it is actually one of my favourites as of late, would you just continue ranting on that tjohej hated biscuit chocolate 3 years ago?

Except one of the major premises she used to get $160,000+ from people was to drive home the fact that she grew up loving video games and has been a gamer all her life. So your comparison doesn't hold up.
n4ru

Activity: 350

View Profile
September 08, 2014, 12:31:36 PM

no thanks.
Iynx

Activity: 22

View Profile
September 08, 2014, 03:11:14 PM

Anita fully admits that she doesn't like video games<snip>
Anita Sarkeesian said that 3 years ago. It looks like you assume that what somebody(anybody!) said 3 years ago holds true for all eternity in the future. If I talked about 3 years ago how much I hate eating biscuit chocolate and how horrible the taste is, but the last 6 months I talk about that the taste isn't that bad after all, that I gotten used to it and that it is actually one of my favourites as of late, would you just continue ranting on that tjohej hated biscuit chocolate 3 years ago? Or say I hated Bitcoin 3 years ago, but the last 6 months I love it.(ie. a cryptography enthusiast explained to me in detail how it works over 4 hours of Q&A and everything I had doubts for got answered at that time so I became passionate about it ever since)

Hmmm... you just made a huge assumption about me though, but I won't take that personally. ;P I'm actually a pretty open minded individual and realize people change their minds, however I don't think it's logical for a person to dislike something for 20+ years then do a complete 180 with little evidence of such.  Why would I assume she likes them now?  What games does she like or advocate for?  Heck, she couldn't be bothered to play the games she reviewed for herself. Don't you find the way she presents herself suspicious in the least? Just look at the amount of scamming that goes on in this forum and you can see what people will do for even small amounts of money.  Scammers are involved in all sorts of charities, (have had numerous ones for breast cancer harassing me on the phone) in fact they flock to stuff like this.  It's important to properly vet any charity before you donate to them, especially ones that are obviously preying on your emotions.

As for the chocolate biscuit, if you don't like them you should probably stay away.  They're not very good for you anyways.  Cheesy
Wilikon
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 02:09:42 AM

Anita Sarkeesian: Because my dad was a networking engineer I basically grew up surrounded by computers and started playing PC games at a pretty young age.

My dad was a computer networking engineer, so while I was growing up our house was full of computers and he would always have a few machines loaded with games for me. When I was about 10, I remember I campaigned for months to convince my parents that the “Game Boy” was not in fact just for boys.

So how many of you had dads who were in the tech business, and let you grow up with a lot of technology at a young age? Me from 4-5 years old...(had among other things some computer called QL if I remember correctly)
I don't say that you must have had parents working in the technology industry, just a curious interest from my side.

Anita and her friend zoe are gamers. They do not need to be playing action packed games with a bunch of guys to prove they are gamers, but at least it would have been nice to have pictures and videos of anita enjoying herself playing anything. I would not even mind seeing her on her gameboy destroying tetris  Wink

The problem is not so much anita, but the lack of women gamers whose voice are not heard and have this anita getting so much cash for something she will never deliver, supposedly representing all female gamers being shut out from all those males, their joystick in hand. Have you heard of her kickstater? Not the success, but what happened after she raised all that cash? Then you have that massive black out on reddit with anything touching anita or zoe, shadow banning a lot of people (what an insane and sad concept. I hope this will never happen here)

If you were talking about that QL, then yes it was a beautiful machine. Too bad about that stupid microdrive tape-loop cartridge drive.

tjohej (OP)

Magic Staff

View Profile
September 11, 2014, 06:13:53 AM

Hmmm... you just made a huge assumption about me though, but I won't take that personally.
Where? Quote please

There may still be hope for the 1st decentralized cryptocurrency which is Bitcoin. How to approach different subjects is key to progress.
tjohej (OP)

Magic Staff

View Profile
September 11, 2014, 07:31:11 AM
Last edit: October 12, 2014, 09:44:57 AM by tjohej

Anita and her friend zoe are gamers. They do not need to be playing action packed games with a bunch of guys to prove they are gamers<snip>
Feminist Frequency on twitter mentioned the Humble Indie Bundle 12(+12 days left) going on which gives the game Gone Home, if paying over the average with Bitcoin.

<snip>but at least it would have been nice to have pictures and videos of anita enjoying herself playing anything. I would not even mind seeing her on her gameboy destroying tetris  Wink
Plants vs Zombies vs Trolls? by anitasarkeesian, on Flickr
Plants vs Zombies is a game I bought with Bitcoin on Humble Bundle inc. when the pvsz game got released for Android. I've played that game a long time ago on a mac, so since I couldn't have it for linux(no port) I thought this a good opportunity to get this game to my collection, on Android with the Humble Bundle app. Smiley

The problem is not so much anita, but the lack of women gamers whose voice are not heard
Any example/examples?

Anita Sarkeesian basically does an analysis of video games. From the video(7m30s) released 2014-06-16 she shows:

Mass Effect 2(rel 2010) where regardless of if you choose to play as man/woman the player character still finds it entertaining to watch a 'stripper woman' perform before him/her. I've linked directly to that scene above but I put a mirror link here just in case(7m30s) you missed it.

Iynx

Activity: 22

View Profile
September 11, 2014, 03:31:55 PM

Anita fully admits that she doesn't like video games<snip>
It looks like you assume that what somebody(anybody!) said 3 years ago holds true for all eternity in the future.

This is not what I think at all and makes me sound closed minded (an assumption of the way I think). I did like your biscuit example though, 'cause it reminded me of how I began to like olives (oh man were they awful at first)! Cheesy

As for techie parents, I had none of those. Every year I go home there is something computer related to fix. XD
My brothers played a lot of video games though, and I assume that's how I got interested in them. Was difficult to get my female friends to play them, but they did try.  I think Mario Kart probably garnered the most interest.  I like supporting Nintendo for this reason, as their target audience seems to be more inclusive in general.
Wilikon
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
September 11, 2014, 08:28:40 PM

Anita and her friend zoe are gamers. They do not need to be playing action packed games with a bunch of guys to prove they are gamers<snip>
Feminist Frequency on twitter mentioned the Humble Indie Bundle 12(+12 days left) going on which gives the game Gone Home, if paying over the average with Bitcoin.

<snip>but at least it would have been nice to have pictures and videos of anita enjoying herself playing anything. I would not even mind seeing her on her gameboy destroying tetris  Wink
Plants vs Zombies vs Trolls? by anitasarkeesian, on Flickr
Plants vs Zombies is a game I bought with Bitcoin on Humble Bundle inc. when the pvsz game got released for Android. I've played that game a long time ago on a mac, so since I couldn't have it for linux(no port) I thought this a good opportunity to get this game to my collection, on Android with the Humble Bundle app. Smiley

The problem is not so much anita, but the lack of women gamers whose voice are not heard
Any example/examples?

Anita Sarkeesian basically does an analysis of video games. From the video(7m30s) released 2014-06-16 she shows:

Mass Effect 2(rel 2010) where regardless of if you choose to play as man/woman the player character still finds it entertaining to watch a 'stripper woman' perform before him/her. I've linked directly to that scene above but I put a mirror link here just in case(7m30s) you missed it.

Any example/examples?

Not enough female gamers are visible on youtube or anywhere else. That is my position.

I wish lauren from tasty pc's youtube channel was more into playing video games for example, not just hardware. I am a dude and I think she is pretty hot. But for anyone to make me watch a video about reviewing a mini pc keyboard for more than 15 min means genuine talent and brain power, not just a sexy look. She is all female, wears pikachu ears and can build some mean pc rigs without destroying her sweet polished nails. I love it. Too bad there are not enough women like her. And less like anita.

Anyway if this thread's number one goal was to push the bitcoiners to know more about the "anita brand" I believe it was a success. Personally I did not know her until the zoegate. Thanks to zoe I was introduced to anita. Thanks to you I was reminded how to be careful with their investment. And for that I am grateful  Wink

Free plug for lauren. She would need the bitcoins more than those gamergate creatures...

http://tastypc.com/

tjohej (OP)

Magic Staff

View Profile
September 13, 2014, 09:07:02 AM
Last edit: September 13, 2014, 09:18:11 AM by tjohej

Myself I'm willing to donate to her to show my support. The shit I hear about her being a con artist is just ludicrous. It is simple hate speech, not a serious argument. Most of her "critics" are unserious and don't provide any arguments. Some say stuff that go off-topic. Cause they know Anita has a point, they don't. Thus the shitstorm.

Anyway if this thread's number one goal was to push the bitcoiners to know more about the "anita brand" I believe it was a success.
Find out what the Bitcoin community's stance on if they are "hateful"/"loveful" or neutral on if Anita Sarkeesian would start accepting Bitcoin. If they would be positive or neutral, in that case would they like to donate to her or find the option desirable. If they would not like to donate, where are the arguments? I mean arguments, not just "I hate her, I hate her, I hate her". Cause that's not an argument Cheesy

Wilikon, it was soooo important for you how she looks? Maybe that makes you feel better about yourself. Nobody will ever say to you the following? "Wilikon's a real sexy guy, that's why I watch his vids where he talks about computers, just watch those sexy lips"

Wilikon
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 06:47:51 PM

Myself I'm willing to donate to her to show my support. The shit I hear about her being a con artist is just ludicrous. It is simple hate speech, not a serious argument. Most of her "critics" are unserious and don't provide any arguments. Some say stuff that go off-topic. Cause they know Anita has a point, they don't. Thus the shitstorm.

Anyway if this thread's number one goal was to push the bitcoiners to know more about the "anita brand" I believe it was a success.
Find out what the Bitcoin community's stance on if they are "hateful"/"loveful" or neutral on if Anita Sarkeesian would start accepting Bitcoin. If they would be positive or neutral, in that case would they like to donate to her or find the option desirable. If they would not like to donate, where are the arguments? I mean arguments, not just "I hate her, I hate her, I hate her". Cause that's not an argument Cheesy

Wilikon, it was soooo important for you how she looks? Maybe that makes you feel better about yourself. Nobody will ever say to you the following? "Wilikon's a real sexy guy, that's why I watch his vids where he talks about computers, just watch those sexy lips"

My lips are seriously sexy... But what can I do... I was born this way... And yes, according to Darwin and his theory of evolution I am not responsible for looking at a lady's ass or tits. This is Nature telling me the probability of reproduction and keeping my gene pool alive for many generations goes up when a lady looks healthy. I shall be disappointed if I learn Lauren from Tasty PC had a sex change in the past for example.

But what can I do? I am a victim of Mother Nature's Matriarchy...  Wink

Regarding anita, the free bitcoin market will chose to help or ignore her. If she wants to perpetuate the image of the crying damsel in distress stuck in a castle who needs magic coins to save her from a rapist looking donkey kong (that would be "every single male ever in existence") then that will be up to her and will be remember as such. A Forever victim... Unlike Lauren from tasty tasty...tasty..tasty PC... Cool

CoinMode

Activity: 417

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 12:55:35 AM

Bumping this again to remind fellow bitcoiners of the con artist that goes by the name Anita Saarkesian. Also, the creator of this thread has done their best to censor the conversation. They initially included a link to this thread from a different thread on bitcointalk, but one I revealed the truth behind the scam known as Feminist Frequency, they deleted the link from that thread.

Furthermore, the original poster has tried to isolate the conversation between themselves and me. In the private messages they sent me, I was told that I represent nothing that bitcoin is about. They also admitted that they would prefer to have the bitcoin space filled with smiling con artists than non-smiling truth seekers.

If you ever have a chance to work with OP, do not do it. They have proven themselves to be a supporter of scams, and they censor debate and send private messages in order to try and hide their failure at said debate.
CoinMode

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 12:58:06 AM

All of her critics are serious and have a great point. Anita is a double-talking scammer, full stop. We have provided many good arguments in this thread, and you continue to ignore them and throw insults.

You'll go down with the sinking ship that is SJW fascism.
Wilikon
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 03:02:03 PM

All of her critics are serious and have a great point. Anita is a double-talking scammer, full stop. We have provided many good arguments in this thread, and you continue to ignore them and throw insults.

The SJW's Jedi mind tricks are breaking down... Or should I say Sith Lord's mind tricks?

My personal experience was I got a private invite to participate in this thread. The invite was polite. My participation was polite. If the OP believes there is a need to delete and censor any of my posts then my point about not trusting funding anita's project will be made 10 fold (to me as no one else would have seen it).

CoinMode

View Profile
September 20, 2014, 08:13:05 AM
Last edit: September 20, 2014, 05:46:55 PM by CoinMode

The SJW's Jedi mind tricks are breaking down... Or should I say Sith Lord's mind tricks?

My personal experience was I got a private invite to participate in this thread. The invite was polite. My participation was polite. If the OP believes there is a need to delete and censor any of my posts then my point about not trusting funding anita's project will be made 10 fold (to me as no one else would have seen it).

Like I said in my post yesterday, OP has been editing their threads and sending private messages in order to divert attention away from the debate. Calling anything "hate speech" is just the new method of declaring something evil.

"All critics of Anita are just using evil/hate speech!"

Then xir completely ignores the facts of the conversation, like how Anita says she "played games since she was 5 years old" and also said, at the age of 24, that she "is not at all a fan of videogames and doesn't know anything about them". How much more of a liar can you be? Those two statements are factually incompatible.
Wilikon
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
September 20, 2014, 09:46:36 PM

Maybe another candidate for getting bitcoins instead of anita?

https://www.youtube.com/user/OMGitsfirefox/about

♥ [twitter] - twitter.com/OMGitsfirefoxx
♥ [facebook] - facebook.com/OMGitsfirefoxx
- [email]OMGitsfirefoxx@gmail.com
♥ [twitch] - twitch.tv/omgitsfirefoxx
♥ [instagram] - instagram.com/omgitsfirefoxx

I have no idea who she is. She may be a big time male hater? I don't know but at least she IS a real FEMALE gamer :-)

Wilikon
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
September 20, 2014, 10:22:37 PM

And of course the ultimate success story of the show, The Guild. Really funny. Talented people. With the talented and brilliant Felicia Day. Ok maybe I am weird but I love that show.

A web-series about gamers... http://watchtheguild.com/

All the episodes back to back.. get ready for a long week end. Enjoy! :-)

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL5wBMT6Z03J7aw1dw6EZ-DVy-Acana0_D

Wilikon
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 04:56:32 PM

Another lady who could benefit from getting bitcoins instead of anita?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=45H25Sc6fig

Wilikon
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
September 24, 2014, 05:19:34 PM

Wilikon
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
September 24, 2014, 05:24:17 PM

Published on Sep 20, 2014
According to twitter, it looks like Anita Sarkeesian was directly responsible for me being banned from twitter.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
So according to twitter (and anita) Thunderf00t = ISIS... Wow!

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: