Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 11:22:40 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Anita Sarkeesian - Feminist Frequency - Donating in Bitcoin  (Read 39018 times)
tjohej (OP)

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

Magic Staff

View Profile
October 10, 2014, 03:20:20 PM

IDIOTIC-POTENTIAL = 100%
Are you going to explain why you think so or do you just want to communicate your feelings on the subject?

There may still be hope for the 1st decentralized cryptocurrency which is Bitcoin. How to approach different subjects is key to progress.
Wilikon
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
October 10, 2014, 09:16:26 PM

lmao, I actually looked at the thread title and when I saw the name and who she worked for immediately went "Uh oh" now along with terrorists, paedophiles and drug dealers Bitcoin users are now a part of the matriarchy movement!

Hurray! Cheesy

Can we have a real feminist organisation I can donate to posted up please? One that actually supports equality?

So far bitcoiners hate women because they do not want to support anita and bitcoiners reject women for the body parts, not looking like men body parts, or something like that...

The cool thing about bitcoin is this: don't ask for permission. Create your own org. Done.  Smiley

bengtåke

Activity: 309

confused developer

View Profile
October 10, 2014, 09:18:15 PM

@op Nice troll, 8/10 Cheesy

BTC: 1HoDKDn6Gk7mggAhbRVA1T9UAU8kFAA6sy
tjohej (OP)

Magic Staff

View Profile
October 11, 2014, 09:57:30 AM
Last edit: October 11, 2014, 10:22:23 AM by tjohej

@op Nice troll, 8/10 Cheesy
Anita Sarkeesian has said that the most radical thing you can do when listening to a woman talking about experienced harassment is to just listen to it.
If you forcibly stop listening to somebody and are just ignoring then clearly you should not be posting here.

Ignoring a topic, posting an off-topic response  and trying to derail a thread is just shooting yourself in the foot(making yourself look stupid). Don't come here if you can't make any written response that makes sense instead of "Hey, I'll insult the OP because that happens often in this thread"

Start by saying why you think it isn't worthwhile, or is worthwhile to donate and state your reasons.

"She's a con woman" or "she mindcontrolled her kickstarter fans into giving her money" are not really serious and will just make you look stupid.

There may still be hope for the 1st decentralized cryptocurrency which is Bitcoin. How to approach different subjects is key to progress.
Wilikon
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
October 11, 2014, 10:26:33 PM

tjohej, this is all you need (although I have the feeling you already knew about that video?). I am NOT a fan of this third wave feminist movement. But I believe you could find better people than anita to represent your cause. She is manipulating people like yourself and will never admit doing anything wrong. You will go down with her. Every year more and more people with diplomas are in need for a cause. Anita is damaged good. Gaming journalism got burned thanks to her (and her sidekick zozo quinn).  Get someone else to represent your idea. She does not need your support. I'd rather send my bitcoin to you... Unless you are anita Smiley

On another level, personally I prefer her to be vocal everyday to define what that new feminism is all about. I want her to remind us of the evil patriarchy over, and over, and over, and over again. She is painting everyone who supports her with a gigantic brush with bright red paint and I believe this is good for everyone else.

tjohej (OP)

Magic Staff

View Profile
October 16, 2014, 09:54:22 AM
Last edit: October 16, 2014, 10:06:02 AM by tjohej

But I believe you could find better people than anita to represent your cause.
My "cause"?
“This is a warning to all staff and students at Utah State University" turns up results on web searches.
Also notice the word "speaking".

This thread is about Anita Sarkeesian and her project Feminist Frequency if you haven't noticed. This is no cause of mine other than to bring up the topic, but since you and many others have failed to understand this maybe you could post in some other thread where you productivity is greater. Bitcoin needs you in those threads. It's better to avoid posting in threads that you don't understand the meaning of or aren't interested in.

I'm asking the Bitcoin community, is there anybody out there that finds Anita Sarkeesian's work valuable and would you like to donate to her in Bitcoin? (as stated before you can say why you would like to donate[if you think it's obvious why, then you don't need to specify the reasons] or why you wouldn't like to donate and your choice if you want to tell the community why.

The reason I started the thread was to see if somebody in the Bitcoin community is interested to donate to her cause, especially after her popular series "Tropes vs. Women in Video Games", so this is an after completed work donation. She has already finished the work and I would like to know if anybody in the Bitcoin community finds that work valuable in some way(like creating more interesting games rather than killing games by just repeating known stereotypes Ad nauseam)

TCM

Activity: 251

View Profile
October 16, 2014, 11:05:59 AM

Where's YOUR gain in defending and trying to raise even more money for a con artist?

Go create a ponzi or something.
Wilikon
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
October 16, 2014, 07:28:57 PM

But I believe you could find better people than anita to represent your cause.
My "cause"?
“This is a warning to all staff and students at Utah State University" turns up results on web searches.
Also notice the word "speaking".

This thread is about Anita Sarkeesian and her project Feminist Frequency if you haven't noticed. This is no cause of mine other than to bring up the topic, but since you and many others have failed to understand this maybe you could post in some other thread where you productivity is greater. Bitcoin needs you in those threads. It's better to avoid posting in threads that you don't understand the meaning of or aren't interested in.

I'm asking the Bitcoin community, is there anybody out there that finds Anita Sarkeesian's work valuable and would you like to donate to her in Bitcoin? (as stated before you can say why you would like to donate[if you think it's obvious why, then you don't need to specify the reasons] or why you wouldn't like to donate and your choice if you want to tell the community why.

The reason I started the thread was to see if somebody in the Bitcoin community is interested to donate to her cause, especially after her popular series "Tropes vs. Women in Video Games", so this is an after completed work donation. She has already finished the work and I would like to know if anybody in the Bitcoin community finds that work valuable in some way(like creating more interesting games rather than killing games by just repeating known stereotypes Ad nauseam)

Yes. This is your cause. Not anita's.

If you check my history I am able to comment on many subjects including this one. I am well aware of the topic at hand. Now I tried my best not to look like a troll to you. But this thread is your house. The host, you, politely asked if I was interested in participating in this thread in a private message. I was invited. I never hang out in the project dev. sub. Not my thing. I have nothing to sell. Yet. Anyway I believe you mind is made up about people like myself and I understand you not wanting me to participate in your thread anymore.

Before people like myself get lumped up with some insane anonymous threat to a nobody like anita (who's afraid of a State respecting the Second Amendment the way it was intended), time for me to stay away from here.

tjohej (OP)

Magic Staff

View Profile
October 16, 2014, 07:57:57 PM

Where's YOUR gain in defending and trying to raise even more money for a con artist?

Go create a ponzi or something.
The purpose was discussion. So how does that threat message look to you? Nothing special?

tjohej (OP)

Magic Staff

View Profile
October 17, 2014, 10:49:51 AM

Before people like myself get lumped up with some insane anonymous threat to a nobody like anita
You just lumped yourself together with it. I only mentioned the threat as an example cause you act like I "started all this", damn arrogant when a whole lot of Bitcoiners jumped on me just for posting about it. Open your minds people, anyway if you were closed minded how come you managed to see the greatness of Bitcoin??

Now on another thing. I've not seen anybody in the bitcointalk community say a positive thing about it, so as it is now "pre Nov 2014" there is no interest so me asking her if she would like to accept it, she would just tell me to google for "Anita Sarkeesian Bitcoin" and I would be linked to this thread. This is what the Bitcoin community thinks about Anita Sarkeesian "pre Nov 2014".

Though times change, as will Bitcoin prices as well when they skyrocket one day and our community automatically expands to new reaches. Then may be a time to see what the community's standpoint is then. Until then I'll also want to gather any info in like a tutorial on how to store Bitcoin on more than one Bitcoin addresses.(it's already possible now, so I can focus on documenting that somewhere, or find a tutorial which may exist somewhere)
Security for the cost of convenience when storing serious Bitcoin money.

HeroCat

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 18, 2014, 05:48:30 PM

Well - I am also ready to receive donations in BTC, no problem  Grin
PM me and I will send you my BTC wallet address  Grin
Wilikon
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
October 18, 2014, 07:22:57 PM

Before people like myself get lumped up with some insane anonymous threat to a nobody like anita
You just lumped yourself together with it. I only mentioned the threat as an example cause you act like I "started all this", damn arrogant when a whole lot of Bitcoiners jumped on me just for posting about it. Open your minds people, anyway if you were closed minded how come you managed to see the greatness of Bitcoin??

Now on another thing. I've not seen anybody in the bitcointalk community say a positive thing about it, so as it is now "pre Nov 2014" there is no interest so me asking her if she would like to accept it, she would just tell me to google for "Anita Sarkeesian Bitcoin" and I would be linked to this thread. This is what the Bitcoin community thinks about Anita Sarkeesian "pre Nov 2014".

Though times change, as will Bitcoin prices as well when they skyrocket one day and our community automatically expands to new reaches. Then may be a time to see what the community's standpoint is then. Until then I'll also want to gather any info in like a tutorial on how to store Bitcoin on more than one Bitcoin addresses.(it's already possible now, so I can focus on documenting that somewhere, or find a tutorial which may exist somewhere)

Did you say not one bitcoiner had anything positive to say about anita on bitcointalk? Your hard work here is even more amazing yet so futile. Not sure if people are attacking you, or attacking the reason why you want to defend such a rotten fruit, anita.

If you want to help anita accepting bitcoins go to www.coinbase.com. Open a wallet. Done. This is so simple.

If you open your mind you'll find a lot of people with a lot of bitcoins liking anita for whatever warped logic exist beyond bitcointalk.org (just like the Loch Ness monster exists)

Our mind is open. People from all political horizons understand bitcoin through their own prism. This is the reason why no one in this community will trust anita with their bitcoins, pre or post nov 2014, pre or post nov 2015, pre or post nov 2016, pre or post nov 2017, pre or post nov 2018, pre or post nov 2019, pre or post nov 2020... until the last bitcoin has been mined.  Smiley

TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 1958

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
October 19, 2014, 05:56:45 AM

I think it is pretty funny how you show up to one of very few remaining male oriented spaces (gaming now under attack from people who don't even play them) and ask us for the resources to destroy those spaces for everyone, male and female, by infecting it with destructive infighting for personal gain.

This thread is flame baiting to the extreme for no other purpose to elicit reactions from this community so that you can then log the most offensive comments and pretend as if they represent the entire community, following the formula of Anita Sarkeesian, then use it as a form of extortion against the Bitcoin community to bow to this disingenuous social movement.

This has absolutely nothing to do with equality and everything to do with extorting other groups, industries, and individuals into serving as your platform for "social justice", but at the expense of everyone else. Any male oriented space is now a target, which is why you are here. This strategy is right out of the works of Karl Marx. This is not a struggle for social justice but a struggle USING social justice as a cudgel to achieve political, financial, and social ends that would otherwise be unpopular.

Anita Sarkeesian is to feminism as a maggot is to a carcass. She doesn't represent feminism, she infests it and feeds off of its corpse while squirming around under its skin pretending to be it.
tjohej (OP)

Magic Staff

View Profile
October 19, 2014, 05:33:44 PM
Last edit: October 19, 2014, 05:51:03 PM by tjohej

I think it is pretty funny how you show up to one of very few remaining male oriented spaces
I stopped there. You think this is only a space where males are welcome? Bitcoin only for men? https://twitter.com/magaFirst/status/497118604803190785
Listen to Wilikon. There are people from a lot of spaces. That means there come a lot of different opinions and as the community expands more voices heard/read.

TCM

View Profile
October 19, 2014, 05:34:58 PM

0/10
tjohej (OP)

Magic Staff

View Profile
October 19, 2014, 05:38:48 PM

0/10
Instead of posting offtopic/derailing can you tell me why you think she is a con artist?

TCM

View Profile
October 19, 2014, 05:52:03 PM

YouTube, "sarkeesian busted", "sarkeesian debunked", etc.pp.
tjohej (OP)

Magic Staff

View Profile
October 19, 2014, 05:54:08 PM

YouTube, "sarkeesian busted", "sarkeesian debunked", etc.pp.
Because you are too angry to even be able to explain exactly why you feel this way?

Maybe you should watch some of Anita Sarkeesian's tropes vs women in video games.

TCM

View Profile
October 19, 2014, 05:55:45 PM

No, because facts don't change when you repeat them over and over again, so there no need for anything except linking to people who have already done the great work once.
tjohej (OP)

Magic Staff

View Profile
October 19, 2014, 05:56:24 PM

If you want to help anita accepting bitcoins go to www.coinbase.com. Open a wallet. Done. This is so simple.
I think a bit of Trust no one(but yourself) will do some good. We also have Mycelium for Android. If I let Coinbase store my money then I treat it like a bank. Why not use Bitcoin's decentralised nature instead?

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: