Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 04:47:51 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How to solo mine with A2 Mini (scrypt asic)  (Read 2943 times)
emdje (OP)

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
July 28, 2014, 01:40:40 PM

I have tried to solo mine with my A2 mini, with no succes. The wallet is running on a different computer in the same network but somehow it does not work.
Does anyone use an A2 asic to solomine? Or any suggestions on how to?

Thnx
nomoco

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 01:58:35 PM

I also tried to solo mine withe my A2 Mini, but with the cgminer 3.9.0 that comes with the device it is not possible to do this successfull. I used the cgminer just in text mode, not the webinterface. And i know how it should work, because I solo mine with other miners without problems. As far as i know there's just one cgminer version for the A2 Mini's, because they never released the drivers for the device to the public. Seems we will have no chances to mine solo...
emdje (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 28, 2014, 02:18:28 PM

I also tried to solo mine withe my A2 Mini, but with the cgminer 3.9.0 that comes with the device it is not possible to do this successfull. I used the cgminer just in text mode, not the webinterface. And i know how it should work, because I solo mine with other miners without problems. As far as i know there's just one cgminer version for the A2 Mini's, because they never released the drivers for the device to the public. Seems we will have no chances to mine solo...

thnx for the reply. Sucks that we can't mine solo  Embarrassed
jbrbcfx

Activity: 7

View Profile
September 13, 2014, 10:20:29 PM

Hi there, sorry to go off topic but I am really struggling, could you help me set up an a2 mini terminator?
Prelude
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 14, 2014, 02:36:15 AM

Solo mining works just fine with A2s. Just follow any GPU solo mining guide. Point your ASIC to your local machine running the wallet. Done.
jbrbcfx

View Profile
September 15, 2014, 01:51:52 PM

Hi there, I have a new type mini terminator.
I can't get it to work.
The raspberry pi reports "no any A1 board"

I have an 850W PSU. I am only connecting 6 pin pcie
When I power up with the pcie and the atx plugs both connected the fans do not spin, they only work when only the atx cable is connected. I am able to find the web interface but I cannot get to mine, can anyone please help?

Here is a pic of the pi output, I assume it doesn't need plugged in as well, since it seems to be running?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/dubjloxwaf0n0ud/IMG_1251%5B2%5D.JPG?dl=0
Biffa
Legendary

Activity: 3220
Merit: 1220

View Profile
September 15, 2014, 11:37:18 PM

I can't get it to work.

When I power up with the pcie and the atx plugs both connected the fans do not spin, they only work when only the atx cable is connected. I am able to find the web interface but I cannot get to mine, can anyone please help?

Here is a pic of the pi output, I assume it doesn't need plugged in as well, since it seems to be running?

I read from a review on Zoomhash that the new mini terminator uses the 8pin cpu/motherboard connector not the pcie one.

Mine @ pools that pay Tx fees & don't mine empty blocks :: kanopool :: ckpool ::
Should bitmain create LPM for all models?
:: Dalcore's Crypto Mining H/W Hosting Directory & Reputation ::
Dagger75

Activity: 156
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 09:36:27 AM

I can't get it to work.

Yes, you need to use a PSU with two of the 8pin EPS CPU cables just as the poster before me stated. I had the very same problem and it sure doesn't help that there isn't ANY Info available for it and Zoomhash was insistent that it used PCI-e Cables.  Once I was able to get a PSU w/ the 2 8pin CPU cables and a new IMG for the Rasberry Pi it worls great at around 35-37MH/s ....I had MANY wasted days not mining because Innosilicon hadn't given Zoomhash a copy of the Rasp Pi IMG and it wouldn't work using the old version A2 Mini as it uses More Chips per board.

Good luck to you!  Atleast it mines great and runs super cool once up and mining!

>>>http://foundation.leafco.in/<<<  Please help support our cause

>>>A True Alt, with a True Purpose<<<  $$Leafcoin$$
jbrbcfx

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 12:17:19 PM

Grin

Thank you both so much! Works great now, I really can't thank you enough! I was scared to try the cpu plugs in case I damaged it but everything is cool now, thanks again!
Prelude
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 03:59:18 PM

Were you able to get solo working, emdje?
NuckinFutz

Activity: 30

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 12:06:00 AM

My A2 mini also has the raspberry pi reporting "no any A1 board" and I wasn't trying to solo mine or anything.

In addition to that it wouldn't even finish booting, or connect to my router with this being the furthest it would go:
https://i.imgur.com/83QFoVj.jpg

I bypassed this by typing "avoid_safe_mode=1" without quotes in config.txt

It seemed to work normally but I tried to enter the Clevermining pool info and it looked like it worked at first, until I refreshed the page.

I've tried other non-multipools but still nothing shows up working.

I've tried using the image on ZoomHash's guide on another brand new SD card, and I still have to modify the config to get it to do anything, but even then it doesn't mine.

Is my PI broken, or am I missing something?

This downtime is sucking hard.
Saucy

Activity: 19

View Profile
September 20, 2014, 01:23:07 AM

I can't get it to work.

Yes, you need to use a PSU with two of the 8pin EPS CPU cables just as the poster before me stated. I had the very same problem and it sure doesn't help that there isn't ANY Info available for it and Zoomhash was insistent that it used PCI-e Cables.  Once I was able to get a PSU w/ the 2 8pin CPU cables and a new IMG for the Rasberry Pi it worls great at around 35-37MH/s ....I had MANY wasted days not mining because Innosilicon hadn't given Zoomhash a copy of the Rasp Pi IMG and it wouldn't work using the old version A2 Mini as it uses More Chips per board.

Good luck to you!  Atleast it mines great and runs super cool once up and mining!

where did you get the image / can you share?
emdje (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 20, 2014, 06:43:48 AM
Last edit: September 20, 2014, 08:15:40 AM by emdje

And how many chips does the new A2Mini have? I could program that into my image and you might have more options for OC-ing to select. (I would not be able to test it myself because I do not have the New A2Mini)
miningcoins

Activity: 25

View Profile
August 10, 2015, 07:10:34 PM

Anyone know where to get the image from?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: