Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 04:28:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 [62] 63 64 65 66 67 68 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][ICG][X11] IncognitoCoin | Pos 5% | Bittrex | ATM |  (Read 137520 times)
Ozymandias The Third

Activity: 55
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 09, 2014, 11:45:55 PM

To build on top of the ideas already presented, The future service platform could use ICG as a form of payment solution with the focus being anonymity.

Perhaps it wouldn't neccesarily be a platform but instead  integrated into the wallet. Either way whether a service built upon ICG within the wallet or in a separate application should be able to communicate across multiplatforms to make it viable. Eventually that could lead to the development of additions to the ICG network beyond the recording of transactions into the block chain.
Micky Ron

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 10, 2014, 12:50:20 AM

To build on top of the ideas already presented, The future service platform could use ICG as a form of payment solution with the focus being anonymity.

Perhaps it wouldn't neccesarily be a platform but instead  integrated into the wallet. Either way whether a service built upon ICG within the wallet or in a separate application should be able to communicate across multiplatforms to make it viable. Eventually that could lead to the development of additions to the ICG network beyond the recording of transactions into the block chain.

The ICG team would need to grow with the addition of more developers first. Although it's a good future feature to consider as there's a lot of possibilities as to how block chain based services could be managed.
comerciante

Activity: 51

View Profile
December 10, 2014, 02:36:47 AM

The ICG team would need to grow with the addition of more developers first. Although it's a good future feature to consider as there's a lot of possibilities as to how block chain based services could be managed.

True, though now would be a good time to brain storm ideas for future network development if such a decision is made. The past suggestions of voip, chat, file-sharing, and vpn sound like good plans and at least not too difficult to implement.
Hanover

Activity: 40

View Profile
December 10, 2014, 04:10:47 AM

True, though now would be a good time to brain storm ideas for future network development if such a decision is made. The past suggestions of voip, chat, file-sharing, and vpn sound like good plans and at least not too difficult to implement.

We could also try to make a decentralized exchange on top of the service platform as well. P2P anonymous file sharing could also be integrated and supplement the VPN feature.
Jake Humphrey

Activity: 56

View Profile
December 10, 2014, 05:07:38 AM

We could also try to make a decentralized exchange on top of the service platform as well. P2P anonymous file sharing could also be integrated and supplement the VPN feature.

There would have to be an incentive to P2P file share through ICG and it would likely require a dedicated application. An automated tipping solution could be developed, rewarding those who upload and consistently share the content. It's a hypothetical concept but more brain-storming will yield more suggestions.
Micky Ron

View Profile
December 10, 2014, 02:21:42 PM

There would have to be an incentive to P2P file share through ICG and it would likely require a dedicated application. An automated tipping solution could be developed, rewarding those who upload and consistently share the content. It's a hypothetical concept but more brain-storming will yield more suggestions.

I like that idea overall. The automated tipping serice could be ported over to chat services, IRC channels, twitter accounts and ETC. I'm sure that an incentive rewarding concept could be applied as users would pay for the service of other users in a anonymous and decentralized manner once services are implemented.
Ozymandias The Third

View Profile
December 10, 2014, 04:44:22 PM

Good ideas so far. Of course whether this will later be implented depends on the limits of the ICG team as they are already busy with their current tasks. Although I'm sure that they will focus on these concepts later.
comerciante

View Profile
December 10, 2014, 06:39:27 PM

Good ideas so far. Of course whether this will later be implented depends on the limits of the ICG team as they are already busy with their current tasks. Although I'm sure that they will focus on these concepts later.

There was already an earlier post of the possibility that the ICG team would be split into two sections. One could focus on wallet improvements while the other tries to add services through the ICG network. 
Hanover

View Profile
December 10, 2014, 07:29:12 PM

There was already an earlier post of the possibility that the ICG team would be split into two sections. One could focus on wallet improvements while the other tries to add services through the ICG network. 

I think that wallet features will have a higher priority at first and later expand into network services. It's too early to say exactly how future development will work with Incognito coin.
Jake Humphrey

View Profile
December 10, 2014, 09:51:58 PM

I think that wallet features will have a higher priority at first and later expand into network services. It's too early to say exactly how future development will work with Incognito coin.

It wouldn't necessarily need to run on the ICG network directly. A separate app using ICG for transactions would suffice while still providing the same services across multiple platforms.
Micky Ron

View Profile
December 11, 2014, 12:04:54 AM

It wouldn't necessarily need to run on the ICG network directly. A separate app using ICG for transactions would suffice while still providing the same services across multiple platforms.

If that's the case then it should likely be easier to implement as adding a network protocol with ICG would likely be time-consuming. A separate application will allow faster production and possibly more features. The app could even incorporate a QR scanner for use at Generalbytes ATMs to withdrawal and deposit Incognito coins.
Commercial Trader

Activity: 35

View Profile
December 11, 2014, 12:25:53 AM

If that's the case then it should likely be easier to implement as adding a network protocol with ICG would likely be time-consuming. A separate application will allow faster production and possibly more features. The app could even incorporate a QR scanner for use at Generalbytes ATMs to withdrawal and deposit Incognito coins.

That sounds interesting, I've been looking for an alt-coin with ATM integration. A stronger infrastructure should provide a stronger future in my opinion.
Jake Humphrey

View Profile
December 11, 2014, 02:35:47 AM

That sounds interesting, I've been looking for an alt-coin with ATM integration. A stronger infrastructure should provide a stronger future in my opinion.

ATM integration is the strongest feature of Incognito coin and it should further be expanded into other ATM providers since the API is easy to port over. I believe that the QR scanner feature is already available in the mobile wallet but it would be nice to have it in another separate application as well.
Ozymandias The Third

View Profile
December 11, 2014, 05:03:08 AM

ATM integration is the strongest feature of Incognito coin and it should further be expanded into other ATM providers since the API is easy to port over. I believe that the QR scanner feature is already available in the mobile wallet but it would be nice to have it in another separate application as well.

Yes. the mobile wallet has a QR code scanner feature, but it would be possible to take all of the improvements made to the web wallet, mobile wallet, brain wallet app, and desktop wallet and apply them to a single application serving as a platform to facilitate decentralized services. I don't see any possible conflicts as each wallet or application will fill a specific role and supplement each other.
comerciante

View Profile
December 11, 2014, 01:47:25 PM

Yes. the mobile wallet has a QR code scanner feature, but it would be possible to take all of the improvements made to the web wallet, mobile wallet, brain wallet app, and desktop wallet and apply them to a single application serving as a platform to facilitate decentralized services. I don't see any possible conflicts as each wallet or application will fill a specific role and supplement each other.

It's quite possible to have several applications which provide different functions adequately while having another application which incorporates all of the functions. It would also be possible to port over the closed payment system into the application for later use.
Hanover

View Profile
December 11, 2014, 02:21:02 PM

It's quite possible to have several applications which provide different functions adequately while having another application which incorporates all of the functions. It would also be possible to port over the closed payment system into the application for later use.

Those are all good points. It would be possible to acomplish this task while working on further ATM expansion and business development through more merchant acceptance and integration.
Commercial Trader

Activity: 35

View Profile
December 11, 2014, 02:35:38 PM

I've noticed a steady increase of twitter followers by 200 to over 830 in total over the course of one week. I agree with the earlier posts in that the PR seems to be managed well, and volume seems to continually be higher now that Incognito coin has more attention. Looking back through the thread, all developments were delivered on time so I place my trust in the ICG team with the current developments in which they are working on. I actually live somewhat close to one of the ATMs so perhaps at some point I can visit one and record it while depositing ICG with the mobile wallet.
Micky Ron

View Profile
December 11, 2014, 03:16:29 PM

I've noticed a steady increase of twitter followers by 200 to over 830 in total over the course of one week. I agree with the earlier posts in that the PR seems to be managed well, and volume seems to continually be higher now that Incognito coin has more attention. Looking back through the thread, all developments were delivered on time so I place my trust in the ICG team with the current developments in which they are working on. I actually live somewhat close to one of the ATMs so perhaps at some point I can visit one and record it while depositing ICG with the mobile wallet.

I'm certain that every Incognito Coin community member would appreciate it. Once there's greater organization it should be possible to more efficiently reach out to potential web merchants and ask them to accept Incognito Coin.
Jake Humphrey

View Profile
December 11, 2014, 04:15:20 PM

I'm certain that every Incognito Coin community member would appreciate it. Once there's greater organization it should be possible to more efficiently reach out to potential web merchants and ask them to accept Incognito Coin.

Right, organization would go a long way in creating a collaborative group of volunteers for development, promotion, and support. As a community based coin in which a lot of help was already received, there's a growing number of people who are improving ICG either through development or promotion. I can only see future user adoption to increase as more projects using ICG are started.
comerciante

View Profile
December 11, 2014, 06:22:08 PM

Right, organization would go a long way in creating a collaborative group of volunteers for development, promotion, and support. As a community based coin in which a lot of help was already received, there's a growing number of people who are improving ICG either through development or promotion. I can only see future user adoption to increase as more projects using ICG are started.

I can already see a lot of organization and community support forming. Later as it further develops, promotion and development will gain more momentum.
Pages: « 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 [62] 63 64 65 66 67 68 »
  Print  

Jump to: