Bitcoin Forum
May 15, 2024, 06:39:07 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 [64] 65 66 67 68 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][ICG][X11] IncognitoCoin | Pos 5% | Bittrex | ATM |  (Read 137520 times)
comerciante

Activity: 51
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 13, 2014, 01:41:41 AM

I've noticed a increase of 300 twitter followers since the past week. Nice animation videos at the main twitter page: https://twitter.com/Incognitocoin
The PR is being handled well while development is moving along. With more community involvement, more payment processors should accept ICG.

Yes, I've noticed this as well. Everything is looking strong as a formal plan is being made involving the community and a network of developers. I'm pretty sure there's at least a few other alt-coin ATM providers out there besides Generalbytes where ICG is already accepted.

With all things considered, ICG is doing well with a transparent developer team who have a proven track record. Developments to the API for Web merchants and ATMs are all things to look forward to.

I agree with you there given the recent scandal of bitbay. It's important to have trust-worthy developers who have a history of delivering what they had promised on-time.

I agree, trust and transparency is quite important for alt-coins and incognito coin has demonstrated this consistently. A complete service platform on ICG when finished will yield a lot more use and therefore useful for implementation in either super-net or block-net.
desil

Activity: 97
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 13, 2014, 02:21:09 AM

Currently, I'm communicating with three outside developers in addition to the main ICG team. Plans are being made to focus on the creation of a staking mobile wallet incorporating all of the advanced features  from the main ICG wallet. Later, additions to the Incognito coin network will be added in the form of either additional services added to the ICG wallet or additional functionality to Incignito coin's transaction system.

The core Incognito team is still completing the brain wallet generator app and adding a merchant section to the main ICG website. Merchants are adopting ICG at a steady rate as a non-staking mobile wallet, web-wallet, paper wallet generator, and ATMs are presently available. Development is moving forward as I coordinate the main team with outside developers. More information will be released once development is finalized and nearing release.

BTC: 18ZPbhPuVP9XoT5FfsG3SNRaLVrdjvpX7Z
Micky Ron

Activity: 84

View Profile
December 13, 2014, 02:53:05 AM

Currently, I'm communicating with three outside developers in addition to the main ICG team. Plans are being made to focus on the creation of a staking mobile wallet incorporating all of the advanced features  from the main ICG wallet. Later, additions to the Incognito coin network will be added in the form of either additional services added to the ICG wallet or additional functionality to Incignito coin's transaction system.

The core Incognito team is still completing the brain wallet generator app and adding a merchant section to the main ICG website. Merchants are adopting ICG at a steady rate as a non-staking mobile wallet, web-wallet, paper wallet generator, and ATMs are presently available. Development is moving forward as I coordinate the main team with outside developers. More information will be released once development is finalized and nearing release.

That's great news. All of these developments will contribute to incognito coin and help improve its real-world use. I'm looking forward to more ATM integration and merchant adoption as the ICG team becomes larger and the community helps get more merchants to accept ICG.
Ozymandias The Third

Activity: 55

View Profile
December 13, 2014, 03:43:35 AM

That's great news. All of these developments will contribute to incognito coin and help improve its real-world use. I'm looking forward to more ATM integration and merchant adoption as the ICG team becomes larger and the community helps get more merchants to accept ICG.

Now that the development team is larger more will be acomplished. I'm sure that the community would be able to help with promotion as progress is being made.
Hanover

Activity: 40

View Profile
December 13, 2014, 04:31:24 AM

Now that the development team is larger more will be acomplished. I'm sure that the community would be able to help with promotion as progress is being made.

That would potentially mean that Incognito coin will integrate services into its wallet allowing it to have more user utility. I can see it going a long way up to 1000 sats with very low sell resistance and good buy support. Unique innovation will spur more community involvement and help increase business.
comerciante

View Profile
December 13, 2014, 05:34:09 AM

That would potentially mean that Incognito coin will integrate services into its wallet allowing it to have more user utility. I can see it going a long way up to 1000 sats with very low sell resistance and good buy support. Unique innovation will spur more community involvement and help increase business.

I'm looking forward to more development news when it's finished.
Commercial Trader

Activity: 35

View Profile
December 13, 2014, 06:00:23 AM

News of services being built upon incognito coin should bring in more volunteers to help improve it. I'm going to see if there's other ATM providers besides generalbytes.
Jake Humphrey

Activity: 56

View Profile
December 13, 2014, 12:25:33 PM

At some point it would be nice to see full incorporation of services into ICG so that it would act as a platform. Progress made towards that goal will open up new avenues of development and make incognito coin truely innovative.
Micky Ron

View Profile
December 13, 2014, 02:44:12 PM

At some point it would be nice to see full incorporation of services into ICG so that it would act as a platform. Progress made towards that goal will open up new avenues of development and make incognito coin truely innovative.

Desil's animation and promotion work should help expand ICG's user-base as developments are worked on. Further functionality with ICG will set itself apart from other alt-coins.
Ozymandias The Third

View Profile
December 13, 2014, 03:51:18 PM

Desil's animation and promotion work should help expand ICG's user-base as developments are worked on. Further functionality with ICG will set itself apart from other alt-coins.

If the outside developers agree to join the ICG team then there would be the possibility of having three separate groups of people working on Incognito coin. One would work on the front end and back end of the main website, forum, and wallets. While another works on network developments as another team innovates the wallet and its main features. They could also improve the anonymous transaction system by adding extra layers of encryption for example.
Hanover

View Profile
December 13, 2014, 04:24:54 PM

Currently, I'm communicating with three outside developers in addition to the main ICG team. Plans are being made to focus on the creation of a staking mobile wallet incorporating all of the advanced features  from the main ICG wallet. Later, additions to the Incognito coin network will be added in the form of either additional services added to the ICG wallet or additional functionality to Incignito coin's transaction system.

If the outside developers agree to join the ICG team then there would be the possibility of having three separate groups of people working on Incognito coin. One would work on the front end and back end of the main website, forum, and wallets. While another works on network developments as another team innovates the wallet and its main features. They could also improve the anonymous transaction system by adding extra layers of encryption for example.

Those are all good points. To make Incognito coin recognized as a second generation crypto-currency then it would be necessary to innovate both its network and wallet to support more functionality and to expand its role beyond being a currency. As others have said, creating a platform would be a strong step forward and reinforce the coin's existing infrastructure.
Jake Humphrey

View Profile
December 13, 2014, 04:44:59 PM

Nice jump in volume. From a low marketcap of $7000, Incognito coin could rise very significantly once the staking wallet, additional network features, and new wallet is released. There's also the brain wallet generator app and more ATM integration to look forward to.
comerciante

View Profile
December 13, 2014, 05:23:58 PM

Nice jump in volume. From a low marketcap of $7000, Incognito coin could rise very significantly once the staking wallet, additional network features, and new wallet is released. There's also the brain wallet generator app and more ATM integration to look forward to.

Ultimately the price is determined by user adoption but all of the features that are being developed should contribute further. The amount of twitter followers doubled in the last two weeks to over 1,000 so it's definitely clear that ICG is attracting attention. As a community based coin, having a collection of developers to contribute is a significant asset as their's always at least one developer working if the others are busy.
ancientcoins
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1003

🚀🚀 ATHERO.IO 🚀🚀

View Profile
December 13, 2014, 06:32:38 PM

but question is where is the dev

A revolutionary decentralized digital economy 
`Join us:██`Twitter  ◽  Facebook  ◽  Telegram  ◽  Youtube  ◽  Github`
.ATHERO
.Internet 3.0 solution
Micky Ron

View Profile
December 13, 2014, 06:47:18 PM

From the OP, Chedigital and goldencrypto are developing a brain wallet app and manage the ICG website. Desil works on promotion and business development. Hectortilla and Fernando have contributed in the past and are likely still helping. According to a recent post there's three other developers working with the main ICG team in improving the wallet and adding new features. There's no main dedicated Dev at the moment but rather a collection of people helping.

Historically a develper would post when a release was imminent  as I guess there wouldn't be a point in making a concrete date for release if it relies on the cooperation of multiple people which could be difficult to manage. Although it seems that progress is being made so it shouldn't be too long before the announcement of a release.
Commercial Trader

Activity: 35

View Profile
December 13, 2014, 07:40:45 PM

From the OP, Chedigital and goldencrypto are developing a brain wallet app and manage the ICG website. Desil works on promotion and business development. Hectortilla and Fernando have contributed in the past and are likely still helping. According to a recent post there's three other developers working with the main ICG team in improving the wallet and adding new features. There's no main dedicated Dev at the moment but rather a collection of people helping.

Historically a develper would post when a release was imminent  as I guess there wouldn't be a point in making a concrete date for release if it relies on the cooperation of multiple people which could be difficult to manage. Although it seems that progress is being made so it shouldn't be too long before the announcement of a release.

Patience is key when investing in crypto-currencies but it looks like we won't need to wait long. As others have mentioned there's a lot of ways in which ATM implentation could be improved. Perhaps Hectortilla could expand the point-of-sale system that he had developed so that it could be used in other applications.
Ozymandias The Third

View Profile
December 13, 2014, 08:48:25 PM

Patience is key when investing in crypto-currencies but it looks like we won't need to wait long. As others have mentioned there's a lot of ways in which ATM implentation could be improved. Perhaps Hectortilla could expand the point-of-sale system that he had developed so that it could be used in other applications.

That's a possibility once other network related developments are released. Capitalizing on existing developments by making the features more useful is a sensible plan.
Hanover

View Profile
December 13, 2014, 09:25:13 PM

That's a possibility once other network related developments are released. Capitalizing on existing developments by making the features more useful is a sensible plan.

True, any work committed to increasing the accessibility of ICG to merchants or users physically located near the ATM locations would effectively make Incognito coin more useful in the real world, beyond trading. The decentralized development process should insure consistent progress even if unexpected circumstances slow down one of the developers.
Jake Humphrey

View Profile
December 13, 2014, 10:11:56 PM

Historically a develper would post when a release was imminent  as I guess there wouldn't be a point in making a concrete date for release if it relies on the cooperation of multiple people which could be difficult to manage. Although it seems that progress is being made so it shouldn't be too long before the announcement of a release.

True, any work committed to increasing the accessibility of ICG to merchants or users physically located near the ATM locations would effectively make Incognito coin more useful in the real world, beyond trading. The decentralized development process should insure consistent progress even if unexpected circumstances slow down one of the developers.

Another reason for having access to a large developer pool is that they work on their own free time at their own expense with few exceptions. Not every member is able to consistently work but there's no single point of failure, resulting in developments being released regardless of a lack of participation from a paticular member.
Micky Ron

View Profile
December 13, 2014, 11:03:09 PM

Speaking of service platforms. ICG could get accepted into a social messaging app and therefore be able to facilitate transactions to a wider user-base.
Pages: « 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 [64] 65 66 67 68 »
  Print  

Jump to: