Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 03:56:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [CLOSED] BTC at BitStamp - 10%. Currently available: $50000  (Read 1511 times)
DannyHamilton (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3388
Merit: 4653

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 03:11:31 AM
Last edit: August 11, 2014, 04:43:08 PM by DannyHamilton

I am working with the user bornforfreedom to assist him in acquiring the bitcoins he desires.  I am acting as escrow and using my reputation to facilitate the transactions.

The current offer is BitStamp X 0.90 (10% below BitStamp last) at the time the bitcoins are received. Several methods of payment are offered. Better offers may be available for large quantities or face-to-face cash transactions.

Currently available amount of cash:
$50000

PAYMENT METHODS (and any extra fees):

1. Cash in mail- U.S. dollars mailed directly to an address provided by you. Tracking number will be provided. Shipping methods: either priority or overnight mail. Fees: You pay the postage costs (will be taken from the cash sent to you).

2. U.S. postal money order in mail- U.S. postal money orders will be purchased and shipped to you using your preference of postage. Fees: $1.60 per $1000 (or fraction thereof) and you pay the shipping costs (will be taken from the value of the money orders)

3. GreenDot MoneyPak- MoneyPak card bought with cash, code number PMed to you. Can be added to PayPal with no risk of chargeback Fees: $5.00 (will be taken from the value added to the MoneyPak).

4. Vanilla Reload- Vanilla Reload card bought from CVS with cash, code number PMed to you. Can be added to Prepaid Debit with no risk of chargeback Fees: $5.00 (will be taken from the value added to the Reload).

5. Bank CASH Deposit- Cash deposited to your major US bank, subject to locations near either of us. Fees: None

6.Western Union- Cash sent to you via Western Union and can be picked up at any Western Union location. Fees: All sending fees (taken from the cash sent to you). See Western Union website for estimates.

7. MoneyGram- Cash sent to you via MoneyGram and can be picked up at any MoneyGram location (such as Walmart or CVS). Fees: All sending fees (taken from the cash sent to you). See moneygram.com for estimates.

8. Cash In-Person- We both live in the Greater Chicagoland area. bornforfreedom also frequently travels to San Francisco if you are willing to meet either of us we can exchange cash in face-to-face in a public location. Fees: depend on location.

At least 1 confirmation is required on the bitcoin transaction before any payment will be sent. Exact time payment will be sent will be indicated when we make the deal, but will always be less than 24 hours and generally less than 6 hours.

FAQ:

How do I contact you?
Please PM me here to sell BTC, I will provide you a quote and an address to send to if you accept the quote. Once received I will arrange with bornforfreedom to pay you in the method of your choice. Do not re-use an address I've given you in the past.  I use a new address for every transaction and I discard the private keys once I send/spend the bitcoins that I received at an address.  Therefore it is very important that you get a new address from me and do not re-use an address to send bitcoins to me in the future if we ever engage in another transaction.
You can also find me on localbitcoins.com: https://localbitcoins.com/accounts/profile/danny.hamilton/
If you already have my txt number or email from a previous deal, you can use that to contact me as well.

Who sends first?
You send payment first. I have a substantial reputation here at bitcoin talk, however, if you are concerned we can use Escrow.

Will you accept escrow?
Yes, but you pay the escrow fees.  I'll work with any of the top 7 escrow providers on the Escrow Whitelist. At the moment (2014-03-09) that means: John K., escrow.ms, Tomatocage, OgNasty, Maidak, Dabs, (and of course myself   Grin )
See my Escrow thread found below in my signature, or my trust page for more details on my reputation.

Do you have a minimum or maximum we can sell to you?
The maximum for all payment methods is whatever the amount of cash is that is currently on hand for purchasing, which is highlighted above.  There is no minimum, but we reserve the right to refuse to deal with someone who becomes abusive (example of "abusive": requesting to sell $5 of bitcoin repeatedly).

I understand the prices might be low, please feel free to sell to other people through other means.

If you have a payment method that you would like to know if we can use to make payment, please PM me! The above methods are the only ones I know of and have used before, but we're willing to consider other payment methods. We won't use paypal. We won't use any method that requires a bank account. We won't use any reversible payment systems.

On request, I can sign a message with my GPG key (public key found in my Escrow thread in my signature) before agreeing to a trade to confirm that you are actually communicating with me and the my account hasn't been hacked.
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
haploid23
Legendary

Activity: 812
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
July 29, 2014, 03:35:38 AM

You keep saying "we". So are you in a partnership with him, and both of you guys want to buy the coins? Or does this solely benefit bornforfreedom?

J.socal sometimes sells large amounts, he can get around 5%-7% below market rate, but I've never seen -10% though. Try asking him.

DannyHamilton (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 03:42:05 AM

You keep saying "we". So are you in a partnership with him, and both of you guys want to buy the coins? Or does this solely benefit bornforfreedom?

J.socal sometimes sells large amounts, he can get around 5%-7% below market rate, but I've never seen -10% though. Try asking him.

The coins are all going to bornforfreedom.  The cash is all coming from bornforfreedom.

I am assisting in getting the transactions accomplished since bornforfreedom doesn't have much reputation yet. I can acquire the cash directly from bornforfreedom in a face-to-face transaction, and/or I can hold the bitcoins in escrow (or work with other forum escrow providers) to make sure that bornforfreedom sends payment before he receives the bitcoins.

I suppose you could call that a "partnership", or perhaps you could just call me a "preferred escrow provider", or maybe you could consider me to be a broker for the deal.  Look at it however you like.  The fact of the matter is that bornforfreedom is attempting to make the purchases, but has little reputation here.  He has asked me to help him accomplish this by providing my reputation and trusting me to make sure that both he and the seller hold up their ends of the deal.
haploid23
Legendary

Activity: 812
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
July 29, 2014, 04:56:47 AM

Well that's sure nice if you to take the time typing out that long posts and helping him with everything else, while getting nothing in return. Like I mentioned, j.socal sometimes sells relatively large chunks (although not $50k) at a time. However I believe several people are after his large batches for cheap, including me, you, and SixFigures  Wink

DannyHamilton (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 10:07:13 PM

Well that's sure nice if you to take the time typing out that long posts

It's mostly a copy paste of my usual ad when I'm buying or selling, with some quick modifications to indicate that I'm assisting a purchaser.  It wasn't much work.

and helping him with everything else, while getting nothing in return.

What's good for bitcoin, is good for me.

What's good for bitcoin in Chicago, is even better for me.

I'm getting goodwill, improving my reputation, and if the help that I provide is appreciated then I'll get something out of it eventually.

Like I mentioned, j.socal sometimes sells relatively large chunks (although not $50k) at a time.

I've already contacted J.Socal, and a few others.  No responses yet.

However I believe several people are after his large batches for cheap, including me, you, and SixFigures  Wink

Yep.  It doesn't have to be all $50000 at once.  Smaller amounts are ok.  There are enough bitcoins to go around.  I'm sure I'll hear from some sellers eventually.
DannyHamilton (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 01:51:51 PM

bump
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: