Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 12:53:10 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 ... 434 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] SpreadCoin | True Decentralization (No Pools) | Testing New Masternodes  (Read 810026 times)
Frigga77

Activity: 379
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 04:38:12 PM

We're past block 2200 now (2219 to be exact) and I found my very first block with the new amount of coins (66.662971).
That went well Wink
Frigga77

Activity: 379

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 04:44:33 PM
Last edit: August 11, 2014, 05:02:44 PM by Frigga77

We need more miners of this coin. It is a good coin: no premine, fair launch, still solo-minable by wallet.
Would be nice if some pool (or the Dev) would be able to adapt some miner code in order for it to be minable with pools. It is X11 with an adaption in the timestamp code: 64 bit instead of 32 bit. Any poolowner around that has the skills to work on this?

Not possible. The hex values needed to identify the network is missing from the source code:SCAM COIN

Well I don't know the details about how important those hex values are to identify the network or if maybe this is done in another way. Maybe you can explain the impact of this in a less technical way? Or maybe the dev can explain if it is there or not and why? It's a little bit too forward to say something is a scamcoin with the little information you gave and without consulting the dev about these technical details.

edit: Found out that you have also stated this in another thread and that one gave me a little more information about why you called this a scamcoin. You presumed there were pools that were having the information you don't have, and that is why you called it a scamcoin. I can assure you, it is not very likely there are pools. They are not stated in the OP and if you had taken the time to download the wallet and look at the difficulty and hashrate, you would have known that.

{
"blocks" : 2226,
"currentblocksize" : 1000,
"currentblocktx" : 0,
"difficulty" : 0.02545438,
"errors" : "",
"generate" : true,
"genproclimit" : 1,
"hashespersec" : 35109,
"networkhashps" : 727468,
"pooledtx" : 0,
"testnet" : false
}

Mr. Spread (OP)

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 05:45:04 PM

The hex values needed to identify the network is missing from the source code: SCAM COIN
I don't know what hex values are you talking about. Provided source code is enough to build your own wallet and it is the same code that is used to build Win and Mac wallets from OP. Anyone who has necessary skills can make gitian builds and bitwise compare them with provided binaries. So there is nothing missing from source code.

Developer of SpreadCoin
montello

Activity: 126

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 06:47:21 PM

i am waiting for X 5000 coin Grin

BITDV
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1001

Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 11:45:59 PM

The hex values needed to identify the network is missing from the source code: SCAM COIN
I don't know what hex values are you talking about. Provided source code is enough to build your own wallet and it is the same code that is used to build Win and Mac wallets from OP. Anyone who has necessary skills can make gitian builds and bitwise compare them with provided binaries. So there is nothing missing from source code.
The Hex value from my understanding is for building pools not wallets as it is a identifier for the pool to lock onto , but that my understanding , I could be wrong!!

💀|.
   ▄▄▄▄█▄▄              ▄▄█▀▀  ▄▄▄▄▄█      ▄▄    ▄█▄
  ▀▀▀████████▄  ▄██    ███▀ ▄████▀▀▀     ▄███   ▄███
    ███▀▄▄███▀ ███▀   ███▀  ▀█████▄     ▄███   ████▄
  ▄███████▀   ███   ▄███       ▀▀████▄▄███████████▀
▀▀███▀▀███    ███ ▄████       ▄▄████▀▀████   ▄███
 ██▀    ▀██▄  ██████▀▀   ▄▄█████▀▀   ███▀   ▄██▀
          ▀▀█  ▀▀▀▀ ▄██████▀▀       ███▀    █▀
                                      ▀
.PLAY2EARN.RUNNER.GAME.
||VIRAL
REF.SYSTEM
GAME
|
████████████████████████████
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
Lucky Cris

Activity: 280

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 11:55:32 PM

The Hex value from my understanding is for building pools not wallets as it is a identifier for the pool to lock onto , but that my understanding , I could be wrong!!

No, you're correct. Which is why you see I was responding to someone who was asking about pools. Without those values... no can't do!

Lucky Cris

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 11:58:02 PM

Didn't realize you were the dev...

So nothing missing from the source code, eh? Well then - it's pretty obvious you're not a dev, just a do-boy who handles this thread? You wanna put something done on your claim that nothing's missing from the code? I'm all game buddy - just say the word.

Mr. Spread (OP)

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 12:34:35 AM

So nothing missing from the source code, eh? Well then - it's pretty obvious you're not a dev, just a do-boy who handles this thread? You wanna put something done on your claim that nothing's missing from the code? I'm all game buddy - just say the word.
LOL, I'm dev. Unfortunately I don't have much, I can put just 1 btc on my claim.

Developer of SpreadCoin
Lucky Cris

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 02:04:39 AM

LOL, I'm dev. Unfortunately I don't have much, I can put just 1 btc on my claim.

Wow - thanks for the coin... I just snagged your main.cpp from git hub. Posting in just a sec Smiley 

Lucky Cris

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 02:31:08 AM

Sorry - took me a lil bit to figure out how to upload pics Smiley  but I see you've already left. Does that mean you're going to pay up?

Here's spreadcoin main.cpp with it's missing pchMessageStart hex code:

Here's what's supposed to be in the file:

As you're a dev... you know this is the magic set of numbers that identifies the coin's network. I'll be happy to post proof for you, but you can consult Google.

You must've known that I lost quite a few coins a couple of weeks ago. this really made my day, thank you!

Lucky Cris

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 02:33:27 AM

Sorry - took me a lil bit to figure out how to upload pics Smiley  but I see you've already left. Does that mean you're going to pay up?

As you're a dev... you know this is the magic set of numbers that identifies the coin's network. I'll be happy to post proof for you, but you can consult Google. Oh, these values are located in a couple of places throughout the main.cpp file... well, supposed to be anyways, it was nowhere in your file.

You must've known that I lost quite a few coins a couple of weeks ago. this really made my day, thank you!

Mr. Spread, Please pay up the 1 BTC to this address:  https://blockchain.info/address/16BP6sHRx7y4MWDqSga4jw7316TKMUFaou

Viper1

Activity: 686
Merit: 320

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 02:52:41 AM

Sorry - took me a lil bit to figure out how to upload pics Smiley  but I see you've already left. Does that mean you're going to pay up?

As you're a dev... you know this is the magic set of numbers that identifies the coin's network. I'll be happy to post proof for you, but you can consult Google. Oh, these values are located in a couple of places throughout the main.cpp file... well, supposed to be anyways, it was nowhere in your file.

Mr. Spread, Please pay up the 1 BTC to this address:  https://blockchain.info/address/16BP6sHRx7y4MWDqSga4jw7316TKMUFaou

Funny.. Cause I just looked at the Darkcoin source which this is based on and it doesn't set those values either in LoadBlockIndex.

DarkCoin
Code:
bool LoadBlockIndex()
{
    if (fTestNet)
    {
        hashGenesisBlock = uint256("0x00000bafbc94add76cb75e2ec92894837288a481e5c005f6563d91623bf8bc2c");
    }

//
    // Load block index from databases
    //
    if (!fReindex && !LoadBlockIndexDB())
        return false;

return true;
}

Spreadcoin
Code:
bool LoadBlockIndex()
{
    hashGenesisBlock = getGenesisBlock().GetHash();

//
    // Load block index from databases
    //
    if (!fReindex && !LoadBlockIndexDB())
        return false;

return true;
}

Looks to me like you owe the dev 1BTC.. lol

BTC: 1F8yJqgjeFyX1SX6KJmqYtHiHXJA89ENNT
LTC: LYAEPQeDDM7Y4jbUH2AwhBmkzThAGecNBV
DOGE: DSUsCCdt98PcNgUkFHLDFdQXmPrQBEqXu9
Mr. Spread (OP)

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 02:58:12 AM

As you're a dev... you know this is the magic set of numbers that identifies the coin's network. I'll be happy to post proof for you, but you can consult Google.

So Darkcoin is also a scam in your opinion: https://github.com/darkcoinproject/darkcoin/blob/master/src/main.cpp#L3591
As well as Bitcoin: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/blob/master/src/main.cpp#L3214
As you said, these values are used to identify the network. They are the first bytes that each node sends during a connection and they are the first bytes that each node should receive. This way you can easily detect if you have connected to a wrong cryptocurrency network (or even something completely different like a webserver or bittorrent client). Wallet cannot work without these values, they are not specifically for pools. Pools also need to connect to the network so they also need them. For SpreadCoin you can find these values in protocol.cpp: https://github.com/spreadcoin-project/spreadcoin/blob/master/src/protocol.cpp#L23

Note that values that you pointed to in your screenshot are actually for testnet.

My bitcoin address: 1MSL9Ph2RCUnpekpuf6Rofb4kUo1nArsnS

Developer of SpreadCoin
BITDV
Legendary

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 07:11:16 AM

So Dev any updates chain is moving nicely and mining away like a trooper!!

💀|.
                                      ▀
.PLAY2EARN.RUNNER.GAME.
||VIRAL
REF.SYSTEM
GAME
|
shifty252

Activity: 177
Merit: 101

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 09:12:14 AM

I just remembered that before the last wallet update, when i had the old wallet open, i saw a message(in the wallet) about the new wallet and the hardfork at block 2200.

Is this message feature something that only spreadcoin has, or other coins have it as well?

BITDV
Legendary

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 11:18:19 AM

I just remembered that before the last wallet update, when i had the old wallet open, i saw a message(in the wallet) about the new wallet and the hardfork at block 2200.

Is this message feature something that only spreadcoin has, or other coins have it as well?

Im sure they can do it with other wallets , but its the only time I have seen it in a wallet!! maybe its a first i dont know but it is handy!!

💀|.
                                      ▀
.PLAY2EARN.RUNNER.GAME.
||VIRAL
REF.SYSTEM
GAME
|
shifty252

Activity: 177
Merit: 101

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 11:23:21 AM

Im sure they can do it with other wallets , but its the only time I have seen it in a wallet!! maybe its a first i dont know but it is handy!!

That's what i was thinking too!

Mr. Spread: can you elaborate a little bit more on this feature please?
BITDV
Legendary

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 11:27:31 AM

loving how this mine's and am starting to really believe with the right development and features this could be on of the top alt crypts on the boards in the crypto community !!

And I wonder if Dev got his 1BTC from that guy that was saying there was missing bits of the code??

💀|.
                                      ▀
.PLAY2EARN.RUNNER.GAME.
||VIRAL
REF.SYSTEM
GAME
|
Mr. Spread (OP)

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 11:53:16 AM

This is general feature in many Bitcoin forks. It is used in rare cases when serious vulnerability is found and before a hardfork so you probably won't see it often. Some devs maybe are to lazy to use it.

And I wonder if Dev got his 1BTC from that guy that was saying there was missing bits of the code??
No. My address is still empty - https://blockchain.info/address/1MSL9Ph2RCUnpekpuf6Rofb4kUo1nArsnS
and Lucky Cris just disappeared:
Last Active: August 12, 2014, 07:24:01.

Developer of SpreadCoin
BITDV
Legendary

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 12:17:27 PM

This is general feature in many Bitcoin forks. It is used in rare cases when serious vulnerability is found and before a hardfork so you probably won't see it often. Some devs maybe are to lazy to use it.

No. My address is still empty - https://blockchain.info/address/1MSL9Ph2RCUnpekpuf6Rofb4kUo1nArsnS
and Lucky Cris just disappeared:
Last Active: August 12, 2014, 07:24:01.

Well hopefully she (thats what here profile says anyway) will keep her end of the bargain up!!

And when you get sometime would like to have a chat with you maybe on a IRC channel or something , I know real world can be busy , but like I was saying , I see a massive potential here and want to have a chat, when your available!!

💀|.
                                      ▀
.PLAY2EARN.RUNNER.GAME.
||VIRAL
REF.SYSTEM
GAME
|
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 ... 434 »
  Print  

Jump to: