Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 05:06:15 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 ... 434 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] SpreadCoin | True Decentralization (No Pools) | Testing New Masternodes  (Read 810025 times)
Lucky Cris

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 24, 2014, 01:15:16 AM
Last edit: August 24, 2014, 03:58:47 AM by Lucky Cris

Added to op

Is this still active???

Mr, Spread - you here? I want to make my first installment payment for the bet I lost...
Yes, I'm here

Edit

Ok thanks Smiley I didn't read any of the thread, just saw it's been a couple days. Anyhoo, I'll be sending your first payment tonight. I'd do it now, but on my iPad.    

Sent https://blockchain.info/address/1MSL9Ph2RCUnpekpuf6Rofb4kUo1nArsnS

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Mr. Spread (OP)

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 25, 2014, 08:49:42 AM

I tried to make a website, I redid it several times but it only became worser every time Smiley. Surely, making websites is not my strongest point.
I hope in the future someone will help us to make a better website, current version is pretty empty, there is just a page with current features.

I promised to release a cool update "in several days". Well, it will take some more time, sorry for this delay.

Developer of SpreadCoin
shifty252

Activity: 177
Merit: 101

View Profile
August 25, 2014, 08:55:41 AM

I tried to make a website, I redid it several times but it only became worser every time Smiley. Surely, making websites is not my strongest point.
I hope in the future someone will help us to make a better website, current version is pretty empty, there is just a page with current features.

I promised to release a cool update "in several days". Well, it will take some more time, sorry for this delay.

I say the website looks great right now, but we don't know your ideas for it.

If anyone wants to help Mr Spread with it i can offer a 1000 SPR bounty
Frigga77

Activity: 379

View Profile
August 25, 2014, 07:31:18 PM

The website is ok for the moment, it is to the point. Later when more features are released it wil become more full Wink
zeca pagodinho

Activity: 189

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 01:23:09 PM

What did you think?

Smiley
sdelgit

Activity: 66
Merit: 10

Putin PrqV2TxZtewyUxCTupp7FR2vPBdrkW9r5P

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 08:31:30 PM

"blocks" : 23732,
"currentblocksize" : 1000,
"currentblocktx" : 0,
"difficulty" : 0.04455057,
"errors" : "",
"generate" : true,
"genproclimit" : -1,
"hashespersec" : 149109,
"networkhashps" : 4371325,
"pooledtx" : 0,
"testnet" : false

zeca pagodinho

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 12:00:44 AM

Grin

Wink
A-tM

Activity: 90

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 08:54:11 AM

What did you think?

Smiley

Maybe I like the second one (the wooden) better.
Have you tried different shapes of the S letter sign?
I like the overall style, but I would prefer another shape of the letter.

Regards,
Andy
Mr. Spread (OP)

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 10:53:38 AM

Bad news  Sad
I was too careless and lost all my mined spreadcoins. I contacted several data recovery companies and most probably it will be impossible to recover my wallet. Without these spreadcoins I will have no incentive to futher develop and support SpreadCoin.

Sorry for wasting your time with this cryptocurrency Sad

Developer of SpreadCoin
A-tM

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 11:40:40 AM

Bad news  Sad
I was too careless and lost all my mined spreadcoins. I contacted several data recovery companies and most probably it will be impossible to recover my wallet. Without these spreadcoins I will have no incentive to futher develop and support SpreadCoin.

It seems like a bad joke...
 Shocked
zeca pagodinho

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 12:23:35 PM

The project is just beginning.
You were going well!
Were many coins?  Huh
gjhiggins
Legendary

Activity: 2254
Merit: 1278

View Profile WWW
August 27, 2014, 03:38:08 PM

Bad news  Sad

You have the coding chops, why not suggest the introduction of a per-block tithe (a %) going to a wallet address under your control? If the coin is to have a future, it either needs a development budget or a sizeable community of volunteers.

Other than that, if you're dead set on escaping entirely, would you consider handing over control of the resources?

Cheers

Graham
girino
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 1170

Advertise Here - PM for more info!

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 04:07:57 PM

Bad news  Sad

How much is it that you lost? maybe the community can work out some donations. I can set up a mining pool for this coin and donate part of the proffits do the dev. I've done it before with other coins, and it worked great.

Advertise Here - PM for more info!
shifty252

Activity: 177
Merit: 101

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 09:06:16 PM

Bad news  Sad

How much is it that you lost? maybe the community can work out some donations. I can set up a mining pool for this coin and donate part of the proffits do the dev. I've done it before with other coins, and it worked great.
this is a nice solution
Frigga77

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 01:51:44 PM
Last edit: August 28, 2014, 02:03:18 PM by Frigga77

I am willing to donate a substantial amount. Hope though it was not a bad excuse for not coming forward with a new development? Sorry if I sound accusing, could be you really lost your stash, but it also sounds like an easy and convenient way to stop development after you maybe found out you cannot keep promises  Cry PMed you.
elbandi

Activity: 525
Merit: 529

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 08:50:42 PM

Bad news  Sad

what did you lost? wallet.dat, privkey, or password?
Mr. Spread (OP)

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 06:18:51 AM

I think I found a way to recover my spreadcoins but you may not like it.

As I lost my wallet.dat I don't know exactly what blocks I mined and exactly how many coins I had.
I can approximately determine block before which my lost coins are situated. Everyone who have mined coins before this block will send them to him/herself (this can be made automatic). This will mean that this coins are not mine. Then, using some hack and releasing a new client I can send myself amount of the rest coins (or maybe less, say 80%).

This rasises two concerns:
1. What if someone will forgot to send coins to him/herself? These coins will still be spendable so he/she will not lost them. This raises the second concern:
2. What if I am a scammer and want just to double my coins, keeping old ones and getting new ones? The only way to prevent this that I see is to limit the percentage of presumably lost coins that can be spend but this is not trivial.

What do you think about such a plan? Is it acceptable in you opinion?

P.S. This way there is no need for anyone to donate coins to me.

Developer of SpreadCoin
A-tM

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 06:58:08 AM

As I lost my wallet.dat I don't know exactly what blocks I mined and exactly how many coins I had.
I can approximately determine block before which my lost coins are situated. Everyone who have mined coins before this block will send them to him/herself (this can be made automatic). This will mean that this coins are not mine. Then, using some hack and releasing a new client I can send myself amount of the rest coins (or maybe less, say 80%).

1. What if someone will forgot to send coins to him/herself? These coins will still be spendable so he/she will not lost them. This raises the second concern:
2. What if I am a scammer and want just to double my coins, keeping old ones and getting new ones? The only way to prevent this that I see is to limit the percentage of presumably lost coins that can be spend but this is not trivial.

I do not know how you can acchieve this, but it seems like tampering the blockchain.
This method I would use only as last resort, because it lowers credibility of the developer/coin.
What if such developer will decide to make something similair later?
Consensus is not the best tool to decide, as there still may be minority, or significant amount of users which will be harm with such decision.
Maybe these are the reasons why this attitude is not considered the best.

But now the blockchain is really young, and there are not financial operations, just mining, so perhaps we can excuse it.
But, what solution is the smallest evil, depends on the amount of the coins owned by the developer, or, the ratio to the amount of all existing coins. If developer holds very significant amount, maybe around a half, then another solution - the donations - may not be feasible. But if the amount is say one tenth or maybe one fifth of all mined coins, then I think the solution by donations is much cleaner.

I am willing to donate one fourth of mine coins. I have mined it with all my CPU power accessible for more days, when my hashpower was significant compared to the network hashrate. So the donation is significant.

Regards,

Andy
Frigga77

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 10:04:45 AM
Last edit: August 29, 2014, 10:16:46 AM by Frigga77

I do not know how you can acchieve this, but it seems like tampering the blockchain.
This method I would use only as last resort, because it lowers credibility of the developer/coin.
What if such developer will decide to make something similair later?
Consensus is not the best tool to decide, as there still may be minority, or significant amount of users which will be harm with such decision.
Maybe these are the reasons why this attitude is not considered the best.

But now the blockchain is really young, and there are not financial operations, just mining, so perhaps we can excuse it.
But, what solution is the smallest evil, depends on the amount of the coins owned by the developer, or, the ratio to the amount of all existing coins. If developer holds very significant amount, maybe around a half, then another solution - the donations - may not be feasible. But if the amount is say one tenth or maybe one fifth of all mined coins, then I think the solution by donations is much cleaner.

I am willing to donate one fourth of mine coins. I have mined it with all my CPU power accessible for more days, when my hashpower was significant compared to the network hashrate. So the donation is significant.

Regards,

Andy

I think I could live with a hard fork in which a block with a certain big amount will be allocated to the Dev. if all miners agree at this point, it would be a good solution. I am still wanting to donate also, if necessary and no premine will be done. Or, maybe we start all over again, at block zero but that would be a pity for all the mining, but that is still another (maybe not so nice) solution.

edit: It will still be nice before deciding which way to go if you could also tell us a little bit more about the future development plans.
zeca pagodinho

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 12:15:48 PM

Suggest the introduction of a tithe by block the% will go to an wallet under the control of dev.
Admittedly the developer receive for their work.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 ... 434 »
  Print  

Jump to: