Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 07:04:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 ... 434 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] SpreadCoin | True Decentralization (No Pools) | Testing New Masternodes  (Read 810025 times)
girino
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 1170

Advertise Here - PM for more info!

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 12:30:20 PM

I think I found a way to recover my spreadcoins but you may not like it.

As I lost my wallet.dat I don't know exactly what blocks I mined and exactly how many coins I had.
I can approximately determine block before which my lost coins are situated. Everyone who have mined coins before this block will send them to him/herself (this can be made automatic). This will mean that this coins are not mine. Then, using some hack and releasing a new client I can send myself amount of the rest coins (or maybe less, say 80%).

This rasises two concerns:
1. What if someone will forgot to send coins to him/herself? These coins will still be spendable so he/she will not lost them. This raises the second concern:
2. What if I am a scammer and want just to double my coins, keeping old ones and getting new ones? The only way to prevent this that I see is to limit the percentage of presumably lost coins that can be spend but this is not trivial.

What do you think about such a plan? Is it acceptable in you opinion?

P.S. This way there is no need for anyone to donate coins to me.

This would be a hell of a lot of work for everyone, and would also lower the credibility of the coin and kill it for good. I stick with the donations. As I said, i can setup a pool and have like 10% of the coins mined donated to you. Can you estimate how much was lost? I think knowing that amount is essential to making the decision.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
zeca pagodinho

Activity: 189
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 30, 2014, 05:36:03 PM
Last edit: August 30, 2014, 06:22:30 PM by zeca pagodinho

What did you think?

Maybe I like the second one (the wooden) better.
Have you tried different shapes of the S letter sign?
I like the overall style, but I would prefer another shape of the letter.

Regards,
Andy

Wink
Mr. Spread (OP)

Activity: 210

View Profile
August 30, 2014, 05:41:12 PM

As I lost my wallet.dat I don't know exactly what blocks I mined and exactly how many coins I had.
I can approximately determine block before which my lost coins are situated. Everyone who have mined coins before this block will send them to him/herself (this can be made automatic). This will mean that this coins are not mine. Then, using some hack and releasing a new client I can send myself amount of the rest coins (or maybe less, say 80%).

1. What if someone will forgot to send coins to him/herself? These coins will still be spendable so he/she will not lost them. This raises the second concern:
2. What if I am a scammer and want just to double my coins, keeping old ones and getting new ones? The only way to prevent this that I see is to limit the percentage of presumably lost coins that can be spend but this is not trivial.

This would be a hell of a lot of work for everyone, and would also lower the credibility of the coin and kill it for good. I stick with the donations. As I said, i can setup a pool and have like 10% of the coins mined donated to you. Can you estimate how much was lost? I think knowing that amount is essential to making the decision.
Yeah, this was bad idea. I was mining from the beginning on several PCs, there were about 80k coins.

Developer of SpreadCoin
Frigga77

Activity: 379
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 06:40:43 AM

So ... what's the plan?

Just launch a new coin IMO Tongue  there wasn't *that* many mined (speaking as someone who had thousands).

I have to agree with that, although I mined a lot, but I cannot see a way to change the blockchain with some premine or donate coins that will not raise questions afterwards. So might be best to do a relaunch!
BITDV
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1001

Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 07:17:48 AM

Yeah, this was bad idea. I was mining from the beginning on several PCs, there were about 80k coins.

I have chatted on IRC with you in private and that and believe you to be a honest and straight up person , thats why I offerwd to help , what you have here is a awesome coin and great idea , I dont have a problem with donating at all , but in the best for the coin , a relaunch would be the best for all concerned , and maybe at the features you want at the launch , maybe a premine to give out to the people that have already been mining as a biut of a compensation , like a swap or something to that effect 2 for 1 or something they send to a address send to new wallet new coins and burn old wallet , just thiunking of things as people have been mining away for a bit now , but a 2 for 1 i think is good and could be dont easily !!

💀|.
   ▄▄▄▄█▄▄              ▄▄█▀▀  ▄▄▄▄▄█      ▄▄    ▄█▄
  ▀▀▀████████▄  ▄██    ███▀ ▄████▀▀▀     ▄███   ▄███
    ███▀▄▄███▀ ███▀   ███▀  ▀█████▄     ▄███   ████▄
  ▄███████▀   ███   ▄███       ▀▀████▄▄███████████▀
▀▀███▀▀███    ███ ▄████       ▄▄████▀▀████   ▄███
 ██▀    ▀██▄  ██████▀▀   ▄▄█████▀▀   ███▀   ▄██▀
          ▀▀█  ▀▀▀▀ ▄██████▀▀       ███▀    █▀
                                      ▀
.PLAY2EARN.RUNNER.GAME.
||VIRAL
REF.SYSTEM
GAME
|
████████████████████████████
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
Mr. Spread (OP)

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 10:03:08 AM

I'm feeling really sorry for all this situation.

There will be relaunch.

1. From the launch there will be some new feature that I originally wanted to implement as a hardfork and there probably will be no hardforks after the launch. This will take some time to implement, it takes longer than I originally thought.
2. There was small instamine at the launch, with the new launch there will be low reward for the first blocks to counter that.
3. There will be at least 24 hours between announcement and actual launch. If you will check this thread at least one per day you will not miss it.
4. This time I will back up my wallet like hell, this situation will not happen again.

maybe a premine to give out to the people that have already been mining as a biut of a compensation , like a swap or something to that effect 2 for 1 or something they send to a address send to new wallet new coins and burn old wallet , just thiunking of things as people have been mining away for a bit now , but a 2 for 1 i think is good and could be dont easily !!
I think that any premine is bad. But the ones who mined this coin will probably be the first miners to mine after relaunch so they still get their own piece of the pie. Probably there will be more miners after relaunch so everyone (including me) will get less, but I think this will be more fair.

Developer of SpreadCoin
Frigga77

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 11:11:57 AM
Last edit: September 01, 2014, 12:55:19 PM by Frigga77

I'm feeling really sorry for all this situation.

There will be relaunch.

1. From the launch there will be some new feature that I originally wanted to implement as a hardfork and there probably will be no hardforks after the launch. This will take some time to implement, it takes longer than I originally thought.
2. There was small instamine at the launch, with the new launch there will be low reward for the first blocks to counter that.
3. There will be at least 24 hours between announcement and actual launch. If you will check this thread at least one per day you will not miss it.
4. This time I will back up my wallet like hell, this situation will not happen again.

maybe a premine to give out to the people that have already been mining as a biut of a compensation , like a swap or something to that effect 2 for 1 or something they send to a address send to new wallet new coins and burn old wallet , just thiunking of things as people have been mining away for a bit now , but a 2 for 1 i think is good and could be dont easily !!
I think that any premine is bad. But the ones who mined this coin will probably be the first miners to mine after relaunch so they still get their own piece of the pie. Probably there will be more miners after relaunch so everyone (including me) will get less, but I think this will be more fair.

I am ok with the relaunch, really think it is best, but hoping a little bit that the relaunch won't be between September 4 and September 11, because I am on holidays then and it would be a pity if I could not mine from the start (have mined a substantial amount up till today). Really looking forward to the new feature also!
A-tM

Activity: 90
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 12:43:13 PM

I am convinced the coin has potential.
I was mining this coin almost from its start, and it is really unfair to me to loose all the coins.
I am OK with relaunch, too, but with compensation (swap) for those, who already invested significant amount of effort into mining. I was mining it on my travel notebook as well!

Dev has mentioned he lost 80k coins.
I have mined almost 40k until today, so I can offer him 20k, if he decided not to relaunch, but do the hardfork for new features. And if also the others who have mined more than few thousand will offer around a half, it should be win-win situation for all. It is better to have half reward for the hard work, than no reward and start from the scratch. Also the dev should gain much more from this solution.

Or, if the dev is already decided for relaunch, then please be fair to all and make the swap, maybe like Limecoin -> LimecoinX transition.
I am willing to donate one half even in this situation.

Regards,
Andy
girino
Legendary

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 07:34:45 PM

I am convinced the coin has potential.
I was mining this coin almost from its start, and it is really unfair to me to loose all the coins.
I am OK with relaunch, too, but with compensation (swap) for those, who already invested significant amount of effort into mining. I was mining it on my travel notebook as well!

Dev has mentioned he lost 80k coins.
I have mined almost 40k until today, so I can offer him 20k, if he decided not to relaunch, but do the hardfork for new features. And if also the others who have mined more than few thousand will offer around a half, it should be win-win situation for all. It is better to have half reward for the hard work, than no reward and start from the scratch. Also the dev should gain much more from this solution.

Or, if the dev is already decided for relaunch, then please be fair to all and make the swap, maybe like Limecoin -> LimecoinX transition.
I am willing to donate one half even in this situation.

Regards,
Andy

I can also donate around 15K. And the pool proposal continues.

girino
Legendary

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 09:10:36 PM

Could you setup a donation address? I'll donate as soon as you set it up, and hope others will do the same. This might be over faster than you think!

zeca pagodinho

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 09:24:03 PM

I can also donate 15k, not to lose all I got so far, but liked the idea of starting from scratch with new features already implemented (it would be a boost the most).  Smiley
Frigga77

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 08:02:47 AM

seeing the amount that people are willing to donate, I think you could get at least half of the 80k back in donations. Maybe not such a bad idea after all. I will go with the flow, but my preference is in this order:
1. Donate and keep the old blockchain
2. Start a new blockchain no IPO, no premine, no instamine
Worst case, not really preferred 3. Hard fork with premine
Mr. Spread (OP)

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 08:05:57 AM
Last edit: September 01, 2014, 08:20:34 AM by Mr. Spread

I'm now acting like a misbehaving dev, I already announced that there will be a relaunch and now I will probably change my opinion. Somebody may have stopped mining because of my announcement. Well, lets see how this donating will go.

I made an address for everyone who expressed intention to donate:
A-tM: Sfakp1H9msXAohGmnb2T7NWrtcBdwSxbid
girino: Sfj7CRRDetVRwztPMiKmC1bpjTaWKE7og3
zeca pagodinho: SQywGv9woKnvKRtrmbAQFzcZoQEx15vXQq
BITDV: SivziBM1qtAPMGn2FmAfzkuSqmFfut9zcf
Frigga77: SUyJUjU9dtJnWFg6BeLonGQRaQfBSG979C

I hope that I didn't miss anyone, anyway there is an address for everyone else:
SS2aRn8FLn7BR62Decbi3UQzRE8asPpSe7

EDIT: Note that resulting transaction may be large because you have many small inputs, so it may take some time to create this transaction, your wallet may appear to be not responding during that time.

Developer of SpreadCoin
girino
Legendary

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 11:42:20 AM

I'm now acting like a misbehaving dev, I already announced that there will be a relaunch and now I will probably change my opinion. Somebody may have stopped mining because of my announcement. Well, lets see how this donating will go.

EDIT: Note that resulting transaction may be large because you have many small inputs, so it may take some time to create this transaction, your wallet may appear to be not responding during that time.

So, I had to split it into 3 transactions, 5k each. Here are the txids:
d19b5febf6ce0dc80f3319146e9bd6af56627d56deb353dbdffde30fe27a203c
776ab14a86aaf2e4e76554a54489493c4784c15579579de4846e19f707ea1a11
b76d0ec87ab0787899f1105ed89de3df974c5744a5341aaaaf2ca925556c68fb

Please, don't give up and keep the coin going! we love it! Wink

zeca pagodinho

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 11:54:43 AM

7db5dbd62ae9a46cc6a2adf441ac334afde166bb713358b7fb0aaec6042e7dcb  Wink
A-tM

Activity: 90
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 09:13:36 PM

9ce9f687c1737e452a5dcd140a461d086cfdf8778057167c338f4b6814a80c1c-000
eced1f4fbbc553a42291a494fd5b69deaa77251098e294e5961e021cda2099d3-000
1ea50c61cd9019ccb1ea12aef7a5c97ef51be08176890c572146ea8572dc85af-000

Sent. 20k = 7k+7k+6k.

Regards,
Andy
BITDV
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1001

Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 11:43:15 PM
Last edit: September 02, 2014, 12:06:23 AM by BITDV

Hi there havent got as many as some of you guys , but have sent my donation to the address that has been given , have turned both my computers back to spreadcoin and will send more as i get them is you need require more
9870378bf7c305215f851932fa8c0ad12788576a964d97e515140700fd4b86c6

and as you can see you have people here that see the benefits of Spreadcoin , lets do this and get this coin out there !!

💀|.
   ▄▄▄▄█▄▄              ▄▄█▀▀  ▄▄▄▄▄█      ▄▄    ▄█▄
  ▀▀▀████████▄  ▄██    ███▀ ▄████▀▀▀     ▄███   ▄███
    ███▀▄▄███▀ ███▀   ███▀  ▀█████▄     ▄███   ████▄
  ▄███████▀   ███   ▄███       ▀▀████▄▄███████████▀
▀▀███▀▀███    ███ ▄████       ▄▄████▀▀████   ▄███
 ██▀    ▀██▄  ██████▀▀   ▄▄█████▀▀   ███▀   ▄██▀
          ▀▀█  ▀▀▀▀ ▄██████▀▀       ███▀    █▀
                                      ▀
.PLAY2EARN.RUNNER.GAME.
||VIRAL
REF.SYSTEM
GAME
|
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
elbandi

Activity: 525
Merit: 529

View Profile
September 02, 2014, 11:52:55 AM

I made a cpu-miner, but i need some tests... do you want it?  Roll Eyes
girino
Legendary

View Profile
September 02, 2014, 12:25:25 PM

I made a cpu-miner, but i need some tests... do you want it?  Roll Eyes

i sure do. does it work on linux? is it open source?

Mr. Spread (OP)

View Profile
September 02, 2014, 01:33:45 PM

Thanks for everyone who donated. I will bring spreadcoin.net back online shortly.

So here is description of the feature that I want to implement. Some may like it while some may not.
I want to make this coin for solo only mining without any pools (mining will be made in a such way that miners will be able to consistently steal money from the pool). With blocks generated every minute even with thousands of miners you will still be able to get block once in several days (if you have average hashing speed). There will be no concentration of mining power in large pools as in Bitcoin and there will be no multipools. We can than advertize it as being more decentralized than Bitcoin. Mining will be more like a lottery which may be more interesting or in contrary distract people form mining (however, if you mine for long time than you don't actualy need any pools).

What do you think about this idea?

I already have working implementation but need to polish it in several ways.

Developer of SpreadCoin
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 ... 434 »
  Print  

Jump to: