Bitcoin Forum
June 01, 2024, 09:39:13 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Looking for 1000 - 1500 DRK loan  (Read 940 times)
Spaceman_Spiff (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1001

₪``Campaign Manager´´₪

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 01:28:11 PM

Hi,

I am looking for a loan of 1000 to 1500 darkcoins for a period of up to 1 month.  
I will repay with 3% interest in darkcoin (36% annualized, so 30 to 45 darkcoins interest).
If you have a smaller amount to lend (500 darkcoins or so), I am also interested.  A shorter period is also possible (interest to be discussed).

If wanted, I can provide escrow in BTC (but then I also want to lender to put in some BTC of his/her own as an incentive to pay back the collateral)
Killerloop

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 01:47:07 PM

If wanted, I can provide escrow in BTC (but then I also want to lender to put in some BTC of his/her own as an incentive to pay back the collateral)

This makes no sense. The lender already gave you the DRK so no need for further exposure by him, your BTC are safely in escrow --> 0% risk for both parties.

Loan request: "I need 7 BTC because We hired an archaelogist and asked him: Is there a treasure? And he said yes!"
Spaceman_Spiff (OP)
Legendary

₪``Campaign Manager´´₪

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 01:49:45 PM

This makes no sense. The lender already gave you the DRK so no need for further exposure by him, your BTC are safely in escrow --> 0% risk for both parties.

Ok, but after I pay back the DRK, he has no more reason to pay me back my BTC, no?
I am new to borrowing like this, so please correct me if I am wrong. 
bitbaby

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
July 29, 2014, 01:55:59 PM

It's simple, if you take 500 DRK loan, you put the same amount of btc to escrow prior to taking the loan.

When you payback the loan, the escrow will give you back your collateral btc, if not and there is a dispute escrow will give the lender the btc.

Killerloop

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 01:56:22 PM

Ok, but after I pay back the DRK, he has no more reason to pay me back my BTC, no?
I am new to borrowing like this, so please correct me if I am wrong. 

If using escrow there are three parties:

1) you send your BTC to escrow
2) escrow notifies lender, who sends you DRK
3) when you pay back your DRK the lender notifies escrow
4) escrow pays back your BTC to you

without escrow you need to find a lender you trust as you are 100% required to send coins first.

Loan request: "I need 7 BTC because We hired an archaelogist and asked him: Is there a treasure? And he said yes!"
OnlyHere4Coin

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 01:59:33 PM
Last edit: July 29, 2014, 02:10:36 PM by OnlyHere4Coin

Hi,

I am looking for a loan of 1000 to 1500 darkcoins for a period of up to 1 month.  
I will repay with 3% interest in darkcoin (36% annualized, so 30 to 45 darkcoins interest).
If you have a smaller amount to lend (500 darkcoins or so), I am also interested.  A shorter period is also possible (interest to be discussed).

In this case I believe that once its time for you to repay the loan, if the lender no longer has your collateral to provide it back to you then you can exchange your DRK to BTC and just send him the interest you owe him from the loan right?

But if it was me providing this loan, I would Lock the btc price at Bitstamp market rate and keep the bitcoin as provided collateral from the borrow with escrow.

Don't take any word from me about this at all, unless I'm right of coarse... ;-)

Goodluck on your loan

-EDIT-
For Collateral, does the Borrower also need to provide the 3% interest along with the original loan amount requested? So totaling 103% btc Collateral?
Spaceman_Spiff (OP)
Legendary

₪``Campaign Manager´´₪

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 02:14:44 PM

Mmm, yeah, I was thinking of using multisignature BTC addresses to do the escrow, but probably an escrow service is easier.

But it's hard to prove you have sent an anonymous currency, no?  So you need the lender to be honest to the escrow service.
That's why I wanted to lender to put in a small amount in escrow as well, so he has an incentive to be honest to the escrow service that I sent back the DRK.   

Pfft, looks like this might be too hard to pull off.
Spaceman_Spiff (OP)
Legendary

₪``Campaign Manager´´₪

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 02:17:03 PM

-EDIT-
For Collateral, does the Borrower also need to provide the 3% interest along with the original loan amount requested? So totaling 103% btc Collateral?

I am willing to provide more collateral than the DRK are worth.
Killerloop

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 02:28:32 PM

But it's hard to prove you have sent an anonymous currency, no? 

The blockchain doesn't lie bro

OnlyHere4Coin

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 02:34:35 PM

-EDIT-

I am willing to provide more collateral than the DRK are worth.
For security of both parties; With the Collateral your using DRK, I'm thinking an escrow service can accept both DRK and BTC from both parties, then confirm and release the DRK to you once each party has funded escrow.

Also keep in mind about escrow fees. I'm not sure on what kinda percentage fee your looking at for them securing your collateral for 1month...
armin22

Activity: 252

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 02:40:11 PM

Are you just going to become a masternode and offer people some of the profits you make as interest?

OnlyHere4Coin

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 02:41:30 PM
Last edit: July 29, 2014, 03:14:42 PM by OnlyHere4Coin

But it's hard to prove you have sent an anonymous currency, no?  

The blockchain doesn't lie bro
Lmfao nice .delete

-edited-
Was told I needed to clear my comment up so Killerloop can better understand ;-)

I was refering to the post that Spaceman_Spiff deleted after you already quoted from in a comment you posted.

@Killerloop: LMFAO means "Laughing My Fucking Ass Off"
Killerloop

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 02:45:00 PM
Last edit: July 29, 2014, 03:34:54 PM by Killerloop

Lmfao nice .delete

What does this mean?

EDIT:

@OnlyHere4Coin: thanks man  Smiley

Spaceman_Spiff (OP)
Legendary

₪``Campaign Manager´´₪

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 02:53:36 PM

Are you just going to become a masternode and offer people some of the profits you make as interest?

No, basically I just want to trade (short DRK) for a small period.
wealthy$

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 09:10:35 PM

I can give you 800 DRK if you can convince me about what you want do with it.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: