Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 12:27:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 ... 102 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [SHUTTING DOWN] [DiceBitco.in | BE THE BANK ! | 1% House Edge]  (Read 102243 times)
Candystripes

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

***THIS ACCOUNT IS NO LONGER ACTIVE***

View Profile
August 02, 2014, 03:14:09 PM

Site is down?
DDoS?

No? Works fine for me.

Actually that's really weird. BtcVegas said the same thing earlier, he thought it was down when it wasn't. Maybe even more users are getting this problem.

May want to look into it.

---------------------------------
No longer under the possession of Candystripes.
Account is currently dormant.
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Candystripes

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

***THIS ACCOUNT IS NO LONGER ACTIVE***

View Profile
August 02, 2014, 03:14:48 PM

Here I found it:

I can't get the site to come up, is it down? I wanted to play some of our Vegas winnings on other sites.....
I'll try later I guess

---------------------------------
No longer under the possession of Candystripes.
Account is currently dormant.
dooglus
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1330

View Profile
August 02, 2014, 03:28:57 PM

I very much like the "look and feel" of this site.

I have just a few issues with it:

1) When I switch from the 'home' page to 'my account' and back, it forgets my stake, chance, multiplier. Everything gets reset to the default. It even forgets that I muted the chat, and starts making that loud chirp noise again when people talk.

2) Sometimes even when the chat is muted (according to the speaker-with-an-X symbol), the chat sound still plays when people talk.

3) It doesn't seem to be possible to set your client seed until after you have made 4 bets; I understand you don't want people to be changing it every bet, but you should make an exception for people with 0 bets - they need to be able to set their initial seed and see their initial server seed hash.

4) Consider allowing instant withdrawals. Having to wait for the admin to wake up for a small withdrawal is offputting.

Just-Dice                 ██             
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
  ██████████████████████████ 
██████████████████████████████
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   Play or Invest                 ██             
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   1% House Edge
sharry

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 02, 2014, 03:42:14 PM

1) When I switch from the 'home' page to 'my account' and back, it forgets my stake, chance, multiplier. Everything gets reset to the default. It even forgets that I muted the chat, and starts making that loud chirp noise again when people talk.

2) Sometimes even when the chat is muted (according to the speaker-with-an-X symbol), the chat sound still plays when people talk.

3) It doesn't seem to be possible to set your client seed until after you have made 4 bets; I understand you don't want people to be changing it every bet, but you should make an exception for people with 0 bets - they need to be able to set their initial seed and see their initial server seed hash.

4) Consider allowing instant withdrawals. Having to wait for the admin to wake up for a small withdrawal is offputting.

It is really nice to see, JD owner advising you, just follow what he is saying, he run best dice site ever.
DiceBitcoin (OP)

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
August 02, 2014, 04:54:32 PM

Hello dooglus! Thanks for feedback.

1)Iwill look into it and make it remember Smiley

2)This is a known "bug", which i cant reproduce it all the time. A fix will be pushed, we just left it abit back in the priorities. We will look into it again!

3)Thats actually not a bad idea. We will change it so people with 0 bets(new accounts) can reset the seed instantly. We have it after 4 rolls so it wont be spammed to death.

4)Atm the withdrawals are semi-auto, and that varies on the amount of withdrawal requested. Since its not just our BTCs in the bank(actually we hold less than 50% of the bankroll now with the new investors) we prefer to play safe and bigger withdrawals to manually verify them till we know everything is cool Smiley Small withdrawals are instant though!

Again thanks for feedback, we will check those things and do the changes asap Wink

DiceBitco.in| Be The Bank | Dice as it should be !
suchmoon
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 8922

https://bpip.org

View Profile WWW
August 02, 2014, 05:29:06 PM

2)This is a known "bug", which i cant reproduce it all the time. A fix will be pushed, we just left it abit back in the priorities. We will look into it again!

Can you get rid of the sound altogether or make if off by default or at least make it remember that I NEVER EVER want to hear it again? Smiley
dooglus
Legendary

View Profile
August 02, 2014, 05:44:44 PM

4)Atm the withdrawals are semi-auto, and that varies on the amount of withdrawal requested. Since its not just our BTCs in the bank(actually we hold less than 50% of the bankroll now with the new investors) we prefer to play safe and bigger withdrawals to manually verify them till we know everything is cool Smiley Small withdrawals are instant though!

I get it, but maybe the limit is a little low. I deposited 1 BTC and withdrew 1.05 BTC. The max profit is 4 BTC, so my withdrawal wasn't very big at all compared to that.

Also, it would be good (for users and investors) if it was possible to cancel a pending withdrawal. I would have left the coins invested overnight rather than pending once I saw I couldn't withdraw immediately.

██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   1% House Edge
tee-rex

Activity: 742
Merit: 526

View Profile
August 02, 2014, 05:46:57 PM

The maximum number of bets in the Robot Roll set to 800 rolls is very low (but it runs fast). Could this limit be increased to a decent number? Other sites that have this feature (that is auto-betting) don't have this limit at all.
DiceBitcoin (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 02, 2014, 06:04:04 PM

I get it, but maybe the limit is a little low. I deposited 1 BTC and withdrew 1.05 BTC. The max profit is 4 BTC, so my withdrawal wasn't very big at all compared to that.

Also, it would be good (for users and investors) if it was possible to cancel a pending withdrawal. I would have left the coins invested overnight rather than pending once I saw I couldn't withdraw immediately.

After further talking, we will release an Instant withdraw plan, to the sum of hot wallet. We will just release that most possible tomorrow, so we can quadruple-check it =D

To tee-rex : we plan to further increase it, but in the meanwhile we will release an API soon so people can build their own bots/systems Smiley

To suchmoon : That what we gonna do actually. We will remove the sound alltogether. We just tried to imagine a scenario of 40+ ppl talking at the same time in chat. Chaos!

P.S. Dooglus i changed your payment addy in the sig campaign !

tee-rex

View Profile
August 02, 2014, 06:06:59 PM

After further talking, we will release an Instant withdraw plan, to the sum of hot wallet. We will just release that most possible tomorrow, so we can quadruple-check it =D

To tee-rex : we plan to further increase it, but in the meanwhile we will release an API soon so people can build their own bots/systems Smiley

Ok, don't forget to enroll me to your ad campaign! Wink
DiceBitcoin (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 03, 2014, 01:12:53 AM

Updates updates!!

• From now on, withdrawals are INSTANT as long as hot wallet can cover them! No more waiting for manual confirmations!(except if the withdrawal exceeds hot wallet amount, in that case please allow up to 6~8h MAXIMUM(usually less than 1h though)
  • Sound is completely removed from chat.
  • You can now randomize your rolls if you have 0 bets. Otherwise, you can randomize them every 3 rolls(irrelevant of bet size, it can be zero as well)
  • Now site shall remember you if/when you shut down the browser(no need for relogin). ALWAYS REMEMBER TO LOG OUT WHEN YOU USING PUBLIC PCS!!

More updates to come !

AuroraHF

Activity: 784
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 03, 2014, 01:15:50 AM

Updates updates!!

• From now on, withdrawals are INSTANT as long as hot wallet can cover them! No more waiting for manual confirmations!(except if the withdrawal exceeds hot wallet amount, in that case please allow up to 6~8h MAXIMUM(usually less than 1h though)
  • You can now randomize your rolls if you have 0 bets. Otherwise, you can randomize them every 3 rolls(irrelevant of bet size, it can be zero as well)
  • Now site shall remember you if/when you shut down the browser(no need for relogin). ALWAYS REMEMBER TO LOG OUT WHEN YOU USING PUBLIC PCS!!

More updates to come !

Just tested the mobile site with my Galaxy S3. It now remembers me after closing my browser!

lmao
suchmoon
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 8922

https://bpip.org

View Profile WWW
August 03, 2014, 01:43:52 AM

Updates updates!!

More updates to come !

Thank you, that was fast Smiley

Now please tweak the RNG a little bit to get us out of that 2.7 BTC hole Grin

j/k don't tweak it just gamble with our money for a little bit... oh wait... nevermind
dooglus
Legendary

View Profile
August 03, 2014, 06:42:12 AM
Last edit: August 03, 2014, 06:56:38 AM by dooglus

I have some more. Some are kind of nit-picky, but are all intended to help make the site the best it can be. Smiley

5) When logging in, I type my 2FA code, but if it changes even a second before I submit it, the site tells me the code is wrong. It's common to accept codes that are wrong by a few timesteps in both directions. People's phone clocks are often off a bit and you'll find yourself swamped with support emails from people unable to log in if you don't allow a little room for error here. I don't know if you "lock" accounts when they fail the 2FA check a few times, but that's important, otherwise you can brute-force it - there are only a million 6 digit codes.

6) I'm able to divest all my coins and gamble them away without having to enter a 2FA code, but I'm not able to change my username without it. Maybe offer the users a choice for which actions they want to have to provide a 2FA code. I would enable 2FA for 'divest' and 'withdraw' at least, but others may only want it on for 'login'.

7) I can't bet at 49%. It gets "rounded" to 49.0002% or something. I mentioned it in the on-site chat and was told that you store the payout multiplier exactly and calculate the chance from that, and so chances are rounded weirdly. I think it is much more important to store the "chance" accurately. If the 'payout' is slightly wrong, then people might win a satoshi more or less than they should - big deal. But if you round "49.0004" to "49.0002" and I roll 49.0003 then there's going to be trouble - rounding errors in the "chance" make the difference between a win and a loss.

8} The "amount currently invested" figure is weird. It doesn't seem to change as the site wins and loses. If I invest 1 BTC and someone wins a little, I would expect my "amount invested" to drop to 0.99999 or something, but it doesn't. If I click 'divest' then I can see an amount available to divest, which does seem to reflect my real "amount currently invested" - I'd like to see that figure change in real-time without having to click 'divest' first.

9) Are there keyboard shortcuts for betting? The "x2" button is quite tiny and hard to hit.

10) The "luck" stat is simply what percentage of bets the player has won. I think it makes more sense to take the chance into account. Winning 3 out of 10 bets at 50% is "unlucky" but winning the same 3 out of 10 at 1% is incredibly lucky. The way the stat currently works, it would show "30%" in both cases, which misses the point.

11) I was in the car today, on my tablet, and wanted to play. I don't remember the long random password on my main account (it's saved, but not in my head), so I made a new account, deposited to it, played, invested. Now I tried setting an email address and it won't let me, because I already used the email address on my other account. The error message isn't very human-readable:

Found some errors
{"name":"error","length":202,"severity":"ERROR","code":"23505","detail":"Key (email)=(my@email.com) already exists.","file":"nbtinsert.c","line":"398","routine":"_bt_check_unique"}

██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   1% House Edge
dooglus
Legendary

View Profile
August 03, 2014, 07:09:44 AM
Last edit: August 03, 2014, 07:24:24 AM by dooglus

12) This one is bad... I saw chmosd running a dust martingale sequence, like he's been doing all day, and decided to do the same, to test the robot roll thing. I set it up to increase 100% on lose, and reset on win. I left both "stop" boxes blank, and set the number of rolls to the maximum 800.

I started it, and saw it was betting 1000, 2000, 4000 satoshis. It was working, but 10 times bigger than I meant to. I guess I typed the starting bet wrongly. So I tried to stop it by clicking 'stop robot' but it didn't stop. It stopped doubling on loss, but kept flat-betting 1000 satoshis over and over. To stop it, I tried investing my whole balance, but it was winning faster than I could invest, and I ended up with uninvestable levels of dust. So I put a "1" in the "loss: stop at" box, and that stopped it. It looks like "-- or -- ROLL DICE" would have stopped it too.

tl;dr: the "stop robot" button doesn't reliably stop the robot!

Edit: here's a screenshot showing the bets. The arrow indicates roughly where I hit 'stop':

13) I see now how I made the mistake in the bet size in '12' above. I put 100 satoshis into the regular roller bet box, then clicked 'robot roll', saw a similar looking number in the 'base bet' box, and assumed it was the same. But the 'robot roll' base bet is always reset to 1000 satoshis each time I switch to it. I'd prefer it to default to being 0 or blank rather than 0.00001000

██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   1% House Edge
dooglus
Legendary

View Profile
August 03, 2014, 07:37:43 AM
Last edit: August 03, 2014, 10:13:17 AM by dooglus

14) this one's bad too - I just divested 5 BTC, and withdrew it to the deposit address of my other account. The withdrawal shows up as 'unconfirmed' on the site, I see it unconfirmed in my bitcoind transaction pool too, but I don't see it as an unconfirmed deposit on my other account.

Also in the list of withdrawals, it shows up as 0 BTC, not 5 BTC:

My balance was however reduced by 5 BTC.

I'll update with what happens when it confirms.

Edit: it has been confirmed for 5 minutes now, but nothing changed. It still shows as unconfirmed on the account I withdrew from, and the balance on the account I withdrew to is still showing a balance of 0.

tl;dr: Withdrawing from one account to another account's deposit address causes the coins to vanish Sad

I made 2nd withdrawal, of 6 BTC to an address I control. It hit the blockchain immediately, and also showed up as unconfirmed in my account history:

After it had confirmed, I checked again. The wrong transaction was marked as confirmed:

This could be a vector for abuse:

a) withdraw a tiny amount to another account's deposit address
b) withdraw a large amount to your own wallet
c) complain to customer service that the large amount never came
d) hope that they see it as "unconfirmed" in your history, and send it again

Edit2: admin replied to me and credited my account for the missing 5 BTC; says he will fix the bug soon

██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   1% House Edge
dooglus
Legendary

View Profile
August 03, 2014, 09:02:00 AM

15) What's this about, from https://dicebitco.in/about/investments?

We charge the commission only when profits are divested, or at Sunday each week at 00:00 UTC. When we divest profits at Sunday each week we automatically re-invest the amount (minus commissions). You can change this at your account settings page

I don't see the option you're talking about. Do you really auto-divest investor profits? Earlier you said it wasn't possible to divest profits without divesting principal first, so that's a little confusing:

When you divest we consider that you divest your investment amount first and the profits last

██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   1% House Edge
Mitchell
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 3920
Merit: 2198

Verified awesomeness ✔

View Profile WWW
August 03, 2014, 09:57:02 AM

Well done DiceBitco.in Grin

Duelbits
            ▄████▄▄
          ▄█████████▄
        ▄█████████████▄
     ▄██████████████████▄
   ▄████▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄███▄
 ▄████▐▀▄▄▀▌████▐▀▄▄▀▌██

██████▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀█████

▐████████████■▄▄▄■██████████▀
▐██████████████████████████▀
██████████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████████▀
  ▀███████████████████▀
    ▀███████████████▀
         ▄ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▄▄
         ▄▀▀▄      █
         █   ▀▄     █
       ▄█▄     ▀▄   █
      ▄▀ ▀▄      ▀█▀
    ▄▀     ▀█▄▄▄▀▀ ▀
  ▄▀  ▄▀  ▄▀

Live Games

▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄
 ▄▀ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄ ▀▄
▄▀ █ ▄  █  ▄ █ ▀▄
█ █   ▀   ▀   █ █  ▄▄▄
█ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ █ █   █
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █▄█
█ ▀▀█  ▀▀█  ▀▀█ █  █▄█

Slots
        ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
        █         ▄▄  █
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄       █
█  ▄▄         █       █
█             █       █
█   ▄▀▀▄▀▀▄   █       █
█   ▀▄   ▄▀   █       █

Blackjack
|█▀▀▀▀▀█▄▄▄
       ▀████▄▄
         ██████▄
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀    ▀▀█
████████▄        █
█████████▄        █
██████████▄     ▄██
█████████▀▀▀█▄▄████
▀▀███▀▀       ████
   █          ███
   █          █▀
▄█████▄▄▄ ▄▄▀▀
███████▀▀▀
                 NEW!                  
SPORTS BETTING 
|||
[ Đ ][ Ł ]
AVAILABLE NOW

Advertisements are not endorsed by me.
AuroraHF

Activity: 784
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 03, 2014, 09:58:51 AM

I have sent the updated version of the signatures to manl. It'll use default fonts this time.

lmao
tee-rex

View Profile
August 03, 2014, 10:12:19 AM

To the said above about the Robotroll RobotRoll, I should add that it starts fast but then slows down dramatically in a few dozen of rolls so that it becomes unbearable to see it rolling (though the live stats figures are updating incessantly, and this is utterly annoying). Besides that, do we really need live stats at the roll page? I would surely prefer to see nothing that could potentially distract my attention.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 ... 102 »
  Print  

Jump to: