Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 06:11:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 1 Bitcoin BOUNTY for info on Michael Moriarty. Owner of 50+ bitcoin sites.  (Read 10939 times)
redsn0w
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1042

#Free market

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 03:49:22 PM

View this http://loudwire.com/former-coheed-and-cambria-bass-player-indicted-robbery-charges/

This is my address :  1redsY74u97ECVVKx7Gz9QWJWECUuzsrj

thanks.

Wait, what has the ex bassist of Coheed and Cambria got to do with this, or am I missing something here?

maybe he can be  he  Roll Eyes....
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
campycoin (OP)

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

Daily Bitcoins for your Paypal/Skrill

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 03:50:26 PM

Am I missing something?

How does this guy in any way tie to Michael Moriarty?

Moriarty is the owner of the Bitcoin Network which consists of 50+ bitcoin sites.

I could be blind but I see no connections between the two

Help me out!
campycoin (OP)

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 03:53:31 PM

I think we should delete the postings that are talking about Michael Todd unless someone shows a connection other than they are both named Michael.
Sutters Mill

Activity: 976
Merit: 575

Cryptophile at large

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 04:32:55 PM

Am I missing something?

How does this guy in any way tie to Michael Moriarty?

Moriarty is the owner of the Bitcoin Network which consists of 50+ bitcoin sites.

I could be blind but I see no connections between the two

Help me out!

Yea I don't see any connection at all and if people are just throwing it out randomly then that's silly and detracts from the actual point here.
serje
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1002

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 07:11:14 PM

This is why I remember this guys name!
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=325445.0

People need to search every site they use on google .... google can be your best new friend!

Space for rent if its still trending
Benjig

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 08:59:57 PM

so why is he still triying to buy sites like if his reputation were solid  Cheesy he just post a week ago here that he was buying bitcoin businesses.
campycoin (OP)

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 10:37:23 PM

so why is he still triying to buy sites like if his reputation were solid  Cheesy he just post a week ago here that he was buying bitcoin businesses.

Even worse... he wins those auctions, and goes and puts up another site.  He honestly think we can't hurt him with these forum posts and so far he is right
b!z
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1010

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 10:52:07 PM

http://www.mediahelpingmedia.org/training-resources/editorial-ethics/237-the-importance-of-accuracy-in-journalism
campycoin (OP)

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 11:03:54 PM

When you are told to go do an interview on someone like I was, how much digging do you think I should do?

Did you check before posting that link to see if I had done the proper amount of fact digging?

What am I supposed to do? Run a background check?  To be honest, your post has upset me.  I have felt so bad about my article that I have spent a month trying to recover these funds for Ricky.  But who is the asshole here?  Who should have to re-evaluate their methods?  Duhhhhhhh  MORIARTY the FAKE the FRAUD

I always do a google search on an interviewee.  There he is shown with all his active social links and his network of 50+ bitcoin sites.  I check a few sites and they all are running and everything looks good.  I checked his LinkedIn.   He is a Doctor. He has many connections and is the organizer of 3 bitcoin meetups. He has a PhD from Stanford.  Has eight FT employees.  So, please tell me b!z all knowing arm chair QB.... what would you have done different?

TwinWinNerD
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1001

CEO Bitpanda.com

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2014, 11:11:14 PM

Holy shit, this is really sick.

I hope it works out for rickyJames! He did so much good for NXT!!

(This incident and others is the reason I only mix BTC with big exchanges and shared send)

b!z
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1010

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 11:37:29 PM

When you are told to go do an interview on someone like I was, how much digging do you think I should do?

Did you check before posting that link to see if I had done the proper amount of fact digging?

What am I supposed to do? Run a background check?  To be honest, your post has upset me.  I have felt so bad about my article that I have spent a month trying to recover these funds for Ricky.  But who is the asshole here?  Who should have to re-evaluate their methods?  Duhhhhhhh  MORIARTY the FAKE the FRAUD

I always do a google search on an interviewee.  There he is shown with all his active social links and his network of 50+ bitcoin sites.  I check a few sites and they all are running and everything looks good.  I checked his LinkedIn.   He is a Doctor. He has many connections and is the organizer of 3 bitcoin meetups. He has a PhD from Stanford.  Has eight FT employees.  So, please tell me b!z all knowing arm chair QB.... what would you have done different?

No offense intended.

How do you now know that he is not a doctor or a PhD?
Benjig

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 12:45:29 AM

Quick search on google for bitplastic.com sopposedly own by michael moriarty

http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/1v9pzr/bitplastic_scam/

http://tedjonesweb.blogspot.mx/2014/01/bitplasticcom-scam-bitplastic-bitcoin.html

https://bitcointa.lk/threads/question-is-bitplastic-com-a-scam.287555/

indiguy

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 02:31:48 AM

What am I supposed to do? Run a background check?  To be honest, your post has upset me.  I have felt so bad about my article that I have spent a month trying to recover these funds for Ricky.  But who is the asshole here?  Who should have to re-evaluate their methods?  Duhhhhhhh  MORIARTY the FAKE the FRAUD

I always do a google search on an interviewee.  There he is shown with all his active social links and his network of 50+ bitcoin sites.  I check a few sites and they all are running and everything looks good.  I checked his LinkedIn.   He is a Doctor. He has many connections and is the organizer of 3 bitcoin meetups. He has a PhD from Stanford.  Has eight FT employees.  So, please tell me b!z all knowing arm chair QB.... what would you have done different?

No offense intended.

If he plan to eventually scam people, he really would have to create fake profiles/aliases. And this I think is what he had done here. Heck he probably have fake his name on namecheap/godaddy so even if you pay much money for whois, you'd be prompt with fake name still.

campycoin (OP)

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 10:44:37 PM

No offense intended.

Well, because if he is then he is using a fake name.  And I am pretty sure that no real Doctor would use a fake name behind their "Doctor" title and before PhD...

He has no PhD from Stanford as his LinkedIn shows....

Stanford has confirmed two things....

1. No PhD from Stanford has been issued to a Michael Moriarty and
2. No Michael Moriarty has ever had a thesis posted in the United States (required for PhD)

He is nothing more than a scammer and a total clown.  I've never been so upset in my whole life.  The lies he is posting on jerancampanella.com are outrageous.  But how do you sue a fake person?
campycoin (OP)

View Profile
August 02, 2014, 04:09:29 AM

Holy shit, this is really sick.

I hope it works out for rickyJames! He did so much good for NXT!!

(This incident and others is the reason I only mix BTC with big exchanges and shared send)

You know what... I probably wouldn't be going through this if it was anyone else.  I wrote the interview and after 4 days of Ricky's money being lost and no response from Michael, Ricky wrote me a calm nice email asking if I'd help him get in contact with Moriarty.

He is a great guy and got screwed.

FOR ANYONE LOOKING FOR THE SAME DETAILS I NEEDED (the entire story) HERE IS THE PDF LINK

https://pdf.yt/d/my4WXYC_J7KTlrMh
btcfaucet

Activity: 166

Bitcoin Faucet

View Profile
August 02, 2014, 06:43:49 AM

I hadn't heard of moriarty until the moment he PMed me a message on #bitcoin-otc asking me to join a channel.

As usual, I posted the PM in public to point out that he was obviously mass PMing / spamming. This is what happened next (grepped 'moriarty' from the logs for easier reading)

08:20 -!- moriarty [~user@unaffiliated/moriarty] has joined #bitcoin-otc
08:40 < btcfaucet> 08:40 <moriarty> there's also ##*** given your interest in currency trading
08:40  * moriarty is a bot
08:41  * moriarty waves
08:41 < moriarty> hungarians probably can't tell the diff.
08:42 < btcfaucet> ;;ratingsystem getrating moriarty
08:44 < moriarty> avmonkey, how much more?
09:11 < moriarty> yes
10:49 < moriarty> btcfaucet is laundering monies is why
10:50 < btcfaucet> moriarty: can you 1) not send unsolicited messages inviting people to other chatrooms 2) accuse random people of money laundering just because you're a fucking troll? Thanks very much.
10:50 < moriarty> btcfaucet, i will have to report you to the IRS
10:51 < moriarty> hey didn't you guys hear about Silk Roads?
10:51 < moriarty> what do you reckon will be their next target?
10:51 < moriarty> Smiley
10:51 < moriarty> lol whitty
10:52 < moriarty> do you think if I actually report btcfaucet that the IRS will not take it seriously?
10:52 <+Apocalyptic> moriarty, they will not
10:52 < moriarty> Apocalyptic, challenge accepted!
10:54 < moriarty> lol whitty
10:54 < moriarty> "alright, let's make an example of that hacker kid and extradite his ass back to the states for some jail time"
10:55 < moriarty> next morning's news headline "hacker kid illegally exports encryption technologies out of the US to money launder and evade tax is looking for multiple life sentencing"
10:55 < moriarty> Smiley
10:55 < moriarty> they'd make an example out of you
10:58 < moriarty> lol BuyerBTC
10:58 < moriarty> don't mind btcfaucet, he's an idiot
10:59 < moriarty> i'm confused
10:59 < moriarty> how do you get scammed on bitcoins?
11:00 < moriarty> don't you guys know of escrow?
11:00 <+dmzpkts> moriarty: very fucking easily.
11:00 < moriarty> dmzpkts, escrow then
11:00  * moriarty facepalms
11:00 < moriarty> lol you guys are business noobs
11:00 < moriarty> dmzpkts, good Smiley
11:00 < moriarty> what's WoT?
11:01 <+dmzpkts> moriarty: read the guide.
11:01 < moriarty> dmzpkts, it's too hard to say web of trust?
11:01 < moriarty> you can tell when you guys are noobs because you make a big deal out of not spelling out the full acronym
11:01 < moriarty> lol learn how to escrow
11:02 < moriarty> then you won't be scammed
11:02 < moriarty> noobs
11:02 < moriarty> dmzpkts, right, because three words are longer than all your sentences you've typed
11:02 <+avmonkey> moriarty: hah
11:02 <+dmzpkts> moriarty: hey, how about you play hide and go fuck yourself.
11:04 < moriarty> whitty, actually buyers abusing sellers is fine
11:04 < moriarty> it's lol-able when sellers abuse buyers, whitty
11:12 < moriarty> FlipPro, there's BuyerBTC, he seems interested
11:12 <+dmzpkts> shut up moriarty.
11:12 < moriarty> DannyboyMT, it's called exchange spread
11:13 < moriarty> Smiley
11:15 < moriarty> sounds like gox is not an exchange if all you're getting out of it is BTC
11:15 < moriarty> lol
11:15 < moriarty> sounds like they should be rebranded as bitcoin sellers
11:15 < moriarty> rather than exchangers
11:15 < moriarty> joesmoe, that's the problem with one-man shops
11:16 < moriarty> joesmoe, he's probably on a holiday with his mum
11:16 < moriarty> or his mum took away his computer
11:16 < moriarty> wait for a bit
11:16 < FlipPro> Moriarty is BuyerBTC known ?
11:16 < moriarty> FlipPro, no, he's dubious
11:16 < moriarty> FlipPro, but hey, no risk no gain Smiley not sure what your risk appetite is
11:16 < moriarty> FlipPro, for me i just escrow
11:17 < moriarty> DannyboyMT, heh
11:49 < moriarty> http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2493313/She-wont-doing-splits-Abbey-Clancy-goes-knicker-sheer-panel-Union-Flag-dress-Fashion-Brave.html
11:49 < moriarty> yummy
11:50 < moriarty> weenfan, lol
11:50 < moriarty> weenfan, why just 1 BTC if i'm from BoA?
11:51 < moriarty> weenfan, oh you have a BoA account
11:54 < moriarty> BinaryP, maybe i'd crash it
11:55 < BinaryP> moriarty - yummy or pathetically shameful that people need that much attention to feel good about themselves.. oh wow another brainless model wearing more than a villages income for a year on her back.. woopie do. how about some substance rather than empty vessels for 14 year olds to look up to.
11:58 < moriarty> BinaryP, lol
11:58 < moriarty> BinaryP, i like your sense of principles
12:17 < moriarty> lol
12:17 < moriarty> TheButterZone is hysterical
12:19 < moriarty> ;;ratingsystem getrating thebutterzone
12:21 < moriarty> lol Anoxy, just bring your business elsewhere
12:22 < moriarty> Anoxy, how many coins are you looking to buy?
12:22 < moriarty> okay hang on
12:23 < moriarty> Apocalyptic, what's wrong with Paypal?
12:24 < moriarty> you did say 6k
12:24 < moriarty> lol
12:24 < moriarty> 6k is petty change anyway
12:25 < moriarty> Apocalyptic, fair, but it's only 17 btc
12:34 < moriarty> lol xSubZer0x is funny
12:40 < moriarty> i would sell to Anoxy if i still had any BTC left
12:41 < Anoxy> moriarty: thx =)
12:41 < moriarty> unfortunately i sold off all 150k of it Smiley at a 50% return in one month
12:53 < moriarty> quick question, anybody here that will accept bitcoins for usd?
12:54 < moriarty> i have 1k bitcoins that i would like to offload
12:54 < btcfaucet> moriarty: via what payment method?
12:55 < moriarty> btcfaucet, escrow, and market price
12:56 < moriarty> btcfaucet, that is true, i usually look at gox
12:56 < moriarty> btcfaucet, what payment methods do you have access to?
12:59 < moriarty> btcfaucet, as mentioned, escrow, you can then pay via wire transfer
13:00 < moriarty> btcfaucet, for 1k bitcoin, it would not be feasible to do it any other way
13:00 <+Apocalyptic> <moriarty> i would sell to Anoxy if i still had any BTC left
13:00 <+Apocalyptic> <moriarty> i have 1k bitcoins that i would like to offload
13:00 < Anoxy> moriarty: didnt you tell me that you didnt have any btc?
13:00 < moriarty> Anoxy, i don't Smiley
13:01 < moriarty> i was testing to see if there was any exchange in here large enough to accept
13:01 < moriarty> doesn't look like it unfortunately
13:01 < CambioBTC> moriarty: That's the problem with BTC, LARGE Trades are almost next to IMPOSSIBLE
13:01 < moriarty> CambioBTC, i know, the last time i did that was a headache
13:02 < moriarty> CambioBTC, i don't want to get into BTC again if it's still the same
13:02 < CambioBTC> moriarty: Guess that's why they call it COIN, LOL
13:02 < moriarty> CambioBTC, it took me ages to buy 100k worth of BTC, one month later i sold 150k of it, and that was even more painful
13:02 < moriarty> CambioBTC, what i did was spread my buy and sell across exchanges, not on here, but in person
13:03 < moriarty> CambioBTC, that was no fun
13:04 < moriarty> CambioBTC, heh do it over websites and in person, it's easier
13:06 < CambioBTC> moriarty: Yep, I'm thinking that LocalBitCoins.com could work using their Escrow, and or CoinBase in that CoinBase will honor the market order placed even if they don't deliver your coin at that exact moment.
13:06 < moriarty> CambioBTC, let me check those out, thanks
13:06 < CambioBTC> moriarty: Good Luck
13:07 < moriarty> Rmccoy, why so slow?
13:09 < moriarty> omg, don't tell me they want your bank account proof, your driver's license etc
13:09 < moriarty> lol even my broker don't ask me for that level of detail
13:09 < moriarty> i can see now why bitcoins is relegated to small-time trading
13:09 < moriarty> those with money who cannot afford to wait will just skip bitcoins in favour of something else
13:10 < CambioBTC> moriarty: CoinBase identification is different, they ask for your last four SSN, then question appear that you have to answer correctly, if you pass, great, if not you can try again in 24hr
13:11 < moriarty> CambioBTC, ah right, so that means it's only for US citizens
13:11 < moriarty> CambioBTC, unfortunately i'm from the UK so...

I'm confused as to how anyone didn't see this coming. His random bullshit reminds me of this guy:

http://btcfaucet.com/logs/lemon.txt

btcfaucet

Activity: 166

Bitcoin Faucet

View Profile
August 02, 2014, 07:35:27 AM
Last edit: August 02, 2014, 07:56:41 AM by btcfaucet

A couple more things...

As I've mentioned, my interaction with moriarty is limited to the above public chat (and seeing him PM spam a few more times weeks or months later), but I googled a bit. Let me share my $0.02.

http://tedjonesweb.blogspot.com/2014/01/bitplasticcom-scam-bitplastic-bitcoin.html

As soon as I saw those testimonial videos I knew they were from Fiverr.

I also notice that moriarty has posted a supposed extortion email on the forum just now. I'm pretty sure it's a fake email. Let me explain how I think this works.

Basically with regular scammers they get outed and leave, come back with a new nick, IP, OTC registration...

With long-con scammers like Lemon (who had a supposed bitcoin exchange coming up, UK limited companies and a bunch of domains), it's harder to just leave everything behind, or should I say less efficient. Are you kidding? Those are some good domain names. As long as he keeps posting 'evidence' it's just confusion and more potential people believing his side and sending coins to those services.

But trying to delay the inevitable to scam more coins isn't the only thing at play here. If you'll read the chatlog above from #bitcoin-otc that I posted in my previous reply, it should be clear to anyone with reason that he likes to troll (much like SupaDupaJenkins or FuckingFaggot). Even after it will become obvious to EVERYONE that he's a scammer, he'll keep on doing it for a while longer just to annoy people who know he's a scammer and screw with anyone who gives it even 1% chance that he may be legitimate. With all the coin he has stolen he can afford to play games. Games he likes - such as trolling the fuck out of a community. Remember how Lemon kept saying he couldn't repay the bitcoins because he was in hospital with salmon poisoning? That later turned into 'heart issues'? And then posting some hospital photo as evidence? And saying he was just about to send the coins and was just waiting for his client to sync? It's the same shit all over again, with all of these long con scammers.

One more thing Lemon and Bitscotty (equipment seized by Durham police very recently) also used to do is refund coins or deliver something every now and then. Fake Fiverr testimonial videos are nice, but there's nothing better than the real thing. Like ripping off 5 people, having 2 complain publicly and have 1 say they received the item. Don't fall for this old technique. Or the one where he simply says that he has thousands of satisfied clients. When someone has thousands of satisfied clients, there's actual evidence to back it up, not just the scammer making this claim.

Based on reading the accusations as well as the text on his own websites, it's kind of obvious that moriarty isn't his real name, he doesn't have a PhD and the Bitcoin Network - or whatever its name is - is more like a Bitcoin Blackhole Network.

And moriarty = a sociopath.
stereotype
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 02, 2014, 08:56:14 AM

'Organiser', at Meetups.

http://www.meetup.com/Bitcoin-London/members/113932902/
campycoin (OP)

View Profile
August 02, 2014, 09:30:52 AM

Yeah, he is fake.... 

Only uses it to push his fake sites....

And we wonder why btc won't take off
serje
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1002

View Profile
August 02, 2014, 09:32:55 AM

I saw a blog of this MM and he said there the OP got fired form his last work place because he accused him of all this stuff!

If it is true I would recommend the OP to tell us and we should stop using the site that is trying to protect this asshole MM!

Space for rent if its still trending
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: