Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 11:47:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [All]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Wallet Password Recovery  (Read 14761 times)
Welsh (OP)
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3262
Merit: 4110

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 04:39:32 PM
Last edit: January 22, 2017, 11:47:39 PM by Welsh

I NO LONGER OFFER THIS SERVICE

Password recovery services that doesn't require sending wallet.dat PAGE LAST UPDATED 22/01/2017 TO WARN OF RECENT PYWALLET AT SOURCEFORGE COMPROMISE, THIS PAGE HAS ALWAYS DIRECTED TO GITHUB HOWEVER DUE TO RECENT COMPROMISE, IT'S ALWAYS RECOMMEND TO CHECK THE SOURCE YOURSELF More information here: Link
Before requesting assistance from me, you should try yourself by using btchris program btcrecover please check the source code yourself, to assure it's safe, as I haven't used the program since early 2015  

This service is for anyone who has forgotten/lost their encrypted wallet password from the following wallets: Multibit & Bitcoin core. The way the service works is that you send extracted information from your wallet via pywallet, then send it to me and I will attempt to find the correct password. I've done a lot of research and I believe this is the safest way possible. I will never ask you for your wallet file unless there are no alternatives or you don't know how to extract they key information.

Prerequisites:

- You know most of your password and/or give me all the possibilities.
- Extracted dumpfile (pywallet)

Instructions for Bitcoin core/qt wallet:
Instructions for dumping information using pywallet:

1. Download & install Pywallet and it's dependencies. (https://github.com/jackjack-jj/pywallet)
2. Run Pywallet.
3. Enter the following: python pywallet.py --dumpwallet > information.txt
4. Open information.txt
5. Search for "mkey"
6. Copy the following from the text file:
Code:
        "mkey": {
        "encrypted_key": "<lotsofnumbersandletters>",
        "nDerivationIterations": <number>,
        "nDerivationMethod": <number>,
        "nID": <number>,
        "otherParams": "",
        "salt": "<numbersandletters>"
    },
7. Send a message to me containing this information and your possible passwords and any other information which might help.
PYWALLET WAS RECENTLY COMPROMISED ON SOURCEFORGE. https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/4e2bqy/warning_i_discovered_this_morning_that_the/ (THIS POST AS ALWAYS DIRECTED TO GITHUB HOWEVER DUE TO RECENT COMPROMISE, IT'S ALWAYS RECOMMEND TO CHECK THE SOURCE YOURSELF)

Can you steal my Bitcoin?
No, actually we are only using some of the information from the wallet.dat which contains your password. Because, you have only sent us the "mkey" information we don''t have your wallet.dat on file. That means when/if we correctly guess your password we can't access your wallet.dat because you have it!

Fees:
We agree a fixed price before work has started on the password. Standard rate is 5-10% of wallet contents. There are no fees involved Tips are appreciated.
Payment:
When I find the correct password I will ask if you could place the agreed fee  in a escrow. When the escrow confirms he has received the money I shall then go ahead and give you the password and request that the funds be released. Tips can be arranged  Wink

What I can help you with:
- If you can remember most of your passwords but, have forgotten (1-5 unknown characters)
- If you thought you typed the correct password but, think you have made a typo.
- If you remember the password but, can't remember what numbers you included.
- If you can remember the words but, not the combination of words.
- You know your password but, are unsure where capitals were included.

Isn't this aiding thieves?
No, for anyone using this service it requires some knowledge of what the password was. So, anyone who contacts me stating they don't know any characters, or length will not be replied too.

What if I own another wallet besides Bitcoin core/qt?
Here are the currently supported wallets:
- Multibit
- Electrum
- Bitcoin core/qt
- Armory
- Blockchain.info

There are different methods for each, unfortunately at this time I do require physical files for some wallets (some times a private key which is for a blank address) but, you can always try the mkey solution on all wallets to see if you are able to get the same data or very similar. (I'm always researching to find a better solution)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Welsh (OP)
Staff
Legendary

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 04:39:43 PM
Last edit: October 31, 2014, 07:09:57 PM by Welsh

If you find any issues/vulnerabilities with extracting the mkey then please notify me as soon as possible. I have done several hours of research and I believe there are no issues with extracting the data and sending it to someone. As long as you have not used that password for something else of course.

Warning: Check that you are actually contacting me. Verify the username. There has been a lot of recent scams where people have copied someones username and only changed one letter which looks identical from a quick scan. Double check. I will also never communicate on another website other than email. I will not communicate on skype, reddit etc.

Welsh (OP)
Staff
Legendary

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 02:32:15 PM
Last edit: August 15, 2014, 01:54:41 PM by Welsh

Notes:
My scripts are running on Python however, I'm looking to see if it would be better to convert to C++.
The fee depends on the difficulty and time it will take to find the password.
Everything is run within a slackware environment.

FAQ:

I have very little in my wallet how much would you charge?

I'll be doing small amounts for free anything under 0.05 I normally will do that free of charge.

Can you do "X" alt coin

I'm in discussion with many alt coin developers, I'll be looking to offer my services officially for alt coins, however payment must be in Bitcoin. If you own a alt coin you can shoot me a message and we can discuss doing business for people using your alt coin.

How long does the process normally take?

It all depends on how much you know about the password and and any other information you might have. Most people who have approached me have had their passwords found within the first few hours because they provided enough information. However, there has been a number of cases which ran for a few days.

How long do you run the scripts until you say you can't find it?

If I believe there is still a possibility of finding the password, I'll run it as long as needed. If I think that there is a little chance of finding it, I normally run for 2-4 weeks before exhausting the search.

serje
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1002

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 03:09:24 PM

10-20% of what??? If i only have 0.005BTC you charge me 20% ... that is fine .... but what if I have 50BTC ... i don't want to give you 10BTC .... that is a little too much ...

Space for rent if its still trending
monbux
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1024

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2014, 03:14:32 PM

10-20% of what??? If i only have 0.005BTC you charge me 20% ... that is fine .... but what if I have 50BTC ... i don't want to give you 10BTC .... that is a little too much ...
It's not that much...  It's either 40 BTC for you, or none at all.  I believe most people would come to Welsh as a last resort.
Good luck welsh!
Welsh (OP)
Staff
Legendary

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 03:38:08 PM
Last edit: August 05, 2014, 09:35:57 AM by Welsh

Well, I'll mostly be charging 10%. However, I did put 10-20% depending on the difficulty and the time it will take to find the correct password. For example, if a user gives me enough information but, hasn't provided enough information to find it within two weeks then that is when I'll consider raising the price. The deal with this sort of service is if you have tried getting the password back by your own methods and/or you don't have the knowledge or time to find the password then come to me for a last resort. My suggestion is to try and find it by yourself first of all.

Generally, the real question is this: I'll have to pay him 20%? That's a little bit too much, but on the other hand without using him I'll have none of my Bitcoin back.

It's not that much...  It's either 40 BTC for you, or none at all.  I believe most people would come to Welsh as a last resort.
Good luck welsh!

Thank you very much Monbux. I honestly thought I would of come across a few trolls pointing it out as a scam without reading the post.

dKingston

Activity: 482
Merit: 500

LAUNDER BITCOIN: https://BitLaunder.com

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2014, 03:43:21 PM

I do suggest anyone to try the free alternatives. This is a last resort if you haven't got any technical knowledge or the time. I will mostly charge 10% for anything which isn't hard. if there are a lot o combinations and the time to find the correct password will take a very long time I will consider going up to 20%.

Are you using bruteforce or some special technique to find the password?

LAUNDER & ANONYMIZE YOUR BITCOIN:
https://www.BitLaunder.com/?aid=41
Welsh (OP)
Staff
Legendary

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 03:47:46 PM
Last edit: July 31, 2014, 04:09:44 PM by Welsh

Are you using bruteforce or some special technique to find the password?

I'm using a few different techniques. It depends on what the problem is. If you are missing a few characters I'll simply apply a bruteforce script. Otherwise, I have a few custom scripts for typos & permutations. Most of it is using a brutescript if the problem is simple. If not I'll use some of my own brain processing to try and simplify the program and find the password within the quickest time possible. I'll normally try and suck enough information out of the users brain before anything.

I'll try to look for logical characters and use some of the techniques I've learned over the last few years.

Link: Discussion about password recovery. (requires some ruby programming knowledge)
This thread has a lot of in depth information on the many techniques that you can do yourself. Although, most of the scripts try 10 combinations every second which is pretty slow (I think it's limited to 10).
Baitty

Activity: 532

Currently held as collateral by monbux

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 06:32:35 PM

Added to my watch list just in case I need in the future.

serje
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1002

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 06:47:51 PM

Mr. Welsh i didn't said you are a scammer and never thought of that! Why because you don't need to scam you just need 2 customers with 1000BTC that lost their passwords and you just made yourself 200BTC Smiley

And yes .... Since you put the problem like that I accept to pay a fee of 10-20% rather than have em all lost Smiley

Space for rent if its still trending
Welsh (OP)
Staff
Legendary

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 07:01:34 PM
Last edit: August 05, 2014, 09:36:28 AM by Welsh

Mr. Welsh i didn't said you are a scammer and never thought of that! Why because you don't need to scam you just need 2 customers with 1000BTC that lost their passwords and you just made yourself 200BTC Smiley

And yes .... Since you put the problem like that I accept to pay a fee of 10-20% rather than have em all lost Smiley

I expected a lot of questions similar to yours and I still expect a lot more of them. I'm not looking to get rich off this, at first I was thinking of doing it for free and accepting tips But, because of how long each job could take and the upkeep for the hardware it would of not been cost effective for me. I've edited the post and stated I'm willing to listen to fixed prices but, they would still need to be a reasonable offer. I thought 10% would be a nice little incentive for me and not to much of the person requiring the service.

I'm expecting to have a few people contact me with around 1-5 Bitcoin in their wallet and which they require to be recovered I don't think I'll be that busy either I don't think many people have this problem.

Added to my watch list just in case I need in the future.

Let's hope you won't be requiring my services  Roll Eyes.
guitarplinker
Legendary

Activity: 1694
Merit: 1024

View Profile WWW
August 01, 2014, 01:06:41 AM

It's not that much...  It's either 40 BTC for you, or none at all.  I believe most people would come to Welsh as a last resort.
Good luck welsh!
Exactly this. When you do lose coins due to a lost encryption key it's much better to recover 80% rather than nothing.
Welsh (OP)
Staff
Legendary

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 07:47:25 AM
Last edit: August 01, 2014, 01:28:14 PM by Welsh

Seems after some testing multibit is a real pain. However, I have found a much easier and quicker way to find the password, but it does require you trusting me and sending me a .key file. My program cracks it a lot quicker but, of course this is sensitive data and I understand that you might not want to give this to anyone. I still believe this is safe as I'm only looking for the password still and this should be the equivalent to the mkey, but as of yet I don't know how to extract the data. (I'll do some testing and researching) If you give me the .key file I still don't have access to your wallet although, I'm doing further testing just to see if this is secure and would like to warn anyone who owns a multibit wallet.

I'm always searching for alternatives and better options. I'll continue to look into multibit and find a option which doesn't require me to have any of your physical files.
pissedoff

Activity: 616

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 10:02:36 AM

I'm at work at the moment so I can't send you the mkey I'll be back later on and I'll send a message to you It is for the bitcoin core wallet and has around 70 Bitcoin in it. (I'm not the owner of the wallet but, my friend is) my friend asked me if I have a go and try to get the bitcoin back but after having some help off a few members and following a thread with example scipts I failed so I'll contact you later can I have your email as I would rather deal with it through email?
Welsh (OP)
Staff
Legendary

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 10:14:33 AM

I'm at work at the moment so I can't send you the mkey I'll be back later on and I'll send a message to you It is for the bitcoin core wallet and has around 70 Bitcoin in it. (I'm not the owner of the wallet but, my friend is) my friend asked me if I have a go and try to get the bitcoin back but after having some help off a few members and following a thread with example scipts I failed so I'll contact you later can I have your email as I would rather deal with it through email?

Yes you can contact me by email. If you just send me a message on here I'll then send you my email. (To prevent getting spammed)
marcotheminer
Legendary

Activity: 2072
Merit: 1049

┴puoʎǝq ʞool┴

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 10:40:20 AM

Nice service, there is already walletrecoveryservices as your competitor, good luck in the business!
Welsh (OP)
Staff
Legendary

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 10:41:27 AM
Last edit: August 01, 2014, 01:02:41 PM by Welsh

Nice service, there is already walletrecoveryservices as your competitor, good luck in the business!

I'm fully aware of the service! If I ever can't find the password they will be my next suggestion. I'm all for sharing the workload between us. Cheers for the reply. Although, I have done research and it seems now I have updated my pricing I'm the cheapest by far and pretty much reachable 24/5.

I'll probably be creating a website soon so people can email me too and also looking into all the possible alt coins as I know (sadly) alt coin is the majority of the community now and the chance of losing a password for a alt coin is a little more common.
teodor87

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

Man is King!

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 12:29:38 PM

Hey,

Can you decrypt a rdd (reddcoin) walled.dat?

1BXi1DWT9U8snSr8wmuL7iihqphNiPRN9k
Welsh (OP)
Staff
Legendary

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 12:34:16 PM
Last edit: August 01, 2014, 01:43:25 PM by Welsh

Hey,

Can you decrypt a rdd (reddcoin) walled.dat?

It depends how it was developed. But, for alt coins I normally have to have the wallet.dat (which of course is a security risk to you) because, pywallet probably won't work on any of the alt coins apart from a few there is no way which I know of to extract the required information.

I could take a look into it further about how it was developed and see if I can come up with a way of extracting the information. If you want to try the mkey solution it wouldn't hurt, but I doubt you'll find anything. I'll setup the client in my virtual workspace and I'll have a look at the possible ways.

As to payment, I always require to be paid in Bitcoin.

EDIT: Of course, I could setup a test environment which you give me the all the information about your password and any other useful information and I could try the most logical answers and send them to you. But, because I don't have anything to test against (actual data) this is just a punch in the dark, this is only useful if you know that you have made a typo or are only missing 3 letters maximum.

Send me a message if you would like to discuss your options.
teodor87

Activity: 154

Man is King!

View Profile
August 02, 2014, 02:06:00 PM

OK. Thanks anyway, bro. Wish you succsess with your venture.

1BXi1DWT9U8snSr8wmuL7iihqphNiPRN9k
Welsh (OP)
Staff
Legendary

View Profile
August 02, 2014, 04:29:02 PM
Last edit: August 02, 2014, 06:08:29 PM by Welsh

OK. Thanks anyway, bro. Wish you succsess with your venture.

No problem. Thanks for the good wishes!

Note: I'll be away for the next few hours so I won't be able to respond to your messages, however my scripts are still running on the people who have contacted me and I have a good success rate so far. I've managed to help two people out of three. The third seems like it may not have enough or accurate password details and that's why I haven't been able to find it yet. I'll still be working on it though.
Baitty

View Profile
August 02, 2014, 06:15:25 PM

I've still got your email from when we did a trade before are you still using that email? I've got a friend which needs some help but they are new so there isn't much on the wallet is there a minimum amount that has to be on the wallet?

Welsh (OP)
Staff
Legendary

View Profile
August 02, 2014, 06:18:41 PM

I've still got your email from when we did a trade before are you still using that email? I've got a friend which needs some help but they are new so there isn't much on the wallet is there a minimum amount that has to be on the wallet?

No, there is no limit on the amount of coins in the wallet, if it's only a small amount I do normally offer my service free but, they are not high priority in my list at the moment though I haven't got much work on so if you could get your friend to email me as soon as possible I can fit him in whilst there's no work on.

As for the email, I'm not quite sure because I can't remember what one I gave you. I shall message you the temporary email which I'm using for the moment.
MakeBelieve

Activity: 602

View Profile
August 02, 2014, 07:30:21 PM

How long does this take to do?

On a mission to make Bitcointalk.org Marketplace a safer place to Buy/Sell/Trade
Welsh (OP)
Staff
Legendary

View Profile
August 02, 2014, 10:18:35 PM
Last edit: August 02, 2014, 10:39:56 PM by Welsh

How long does this take to do?

It varies depending on how much information you can give me and what order I apply the scripts and generally how long it takes to go through the sequence on the scripts. The majority that I've done have been completed within a few hours because i've had some good information. But, it depends on the information you give me. It could take a very long time. (weeks)

I can make estimate for anyone interested before work starts, but it might not be entirely accurate.
pissedoff

View Profile
August 03, 2014, 01:44:29 AM

Welsh just found the password for my friends wallet! He's extremely impressed and I too as I couldn't do it great business and I would recommend to anyone!
Welsh (OP)
Staff
Legendary

View Profile
August 03, 2014, 03:05:07 AM

Welsh just found the password for my friends wallet! He's extremely impressed and I too as I couldn't do it great business and I would recommend to anyone!

Thanks for the recommendation. I suggest your friend makes a new wallet/password just for extra security measurements.

Update: I've just hit a major breakthrough and got 6 cores effectively working in my code now. (Before sometimes it worked and sometimes it didn't so sometimes it was limited to 4-5.)
teamy5892

Activity: 143

View Profile
August 03, 2014, 04:49:05 AM

Thanks for the recommendation. I suggest your friend makes a new wallet/password just for extra security measurements.

Update: I've just hit a major breakthrough and got 6 cores effectively working in my code now. (Before sometimes it worked and sometimes it didn't so sometimes it was limited to 4-5.)

It's almost a year now that I haven't been able to access my Electrum Desktop wallet. I think it was hacked, although I searched my address but no transactions have been made. I only remember one of my previous passwords. Can you help?
Welsh (OP)
Staff
Legendary

View Profile
August 03, 2014, 05:01:24 AM
Last edit: August 03, 2014, 12:54:01 PM by Welsh

It's almost a year now that I haven't been able to access my Electrum Desktop wallet. I think it was hacked, although I searched my address but no transactions have been made. I only remember one of my previous passwords. Can you help?
Honestly, I believe you maybe made a typo or have forgotten a part of your password, because I find it hard to believe it has been hacked and no Bitcoin has been transferred out after a year.

You can send me a message if you like and we can discuss the methods and options available.

Short answer: Yes, probably.

Baitty

View Profile
August 03, 2014, 12:37:14 PM

Did you get my last email Welsh? I sent it but then lost connection to my internet and haven't regained it back yet (this is on my phone and cant send email on phone)

Welsh (OP)
Staff
Legendary

View Profile
August 03, 2014, 01:33:55 PM

Did you get my last email Welsh? I sent it but then lost connection to my internet and haven't regained it back yet (this is on my phone and cant send email on phone)

Yes, thanks for the new information. Work has been already started and I've added the new information.

I've failed to regain 1 password, and am currently researching 1 and working on two jobs and have successfully completed 5 jobs. I've still got some more room for anyone who is interested. My success rate has been pretty good so far, as long as people provide me with accurate information and enough information it's pretty likely I'll find it.

Shoot me a PM if you require my services.
BawsyBoss

Activity: 389
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 03, 2014, 08:44:07 PM

This looks great. You should charge a flat rate though, mostly because people could make up the amount of BTC in their wallet to pay a much smaller fee.

Forever strong.
Welsh (OP)
Staff
Legendary

View Profile
August 03, 2014, 10:10:50 PM

This looks great. You should charge a flat rate though, mostly because people could make up the amount of BTC in their wallet to pay a much smaller fee.

I've started to do that. We agree on a fixed rate before work has started, unless I trust the user is giving the correct information then there's no issue. I've had a lot of emails about using the physical wallet file because people can't use pywallet to extract the information, of course I try to help them do the pywallet but, I have accepted a physical wallet once which is still being worked on, the password information wasn't great so I don't think we'll be finding it any time soon either.

Thanks for the suggestion and kind words.
DeboraMeeks

Activity: 588

View Profile
August 04, 2014, 06:08:05 PM

How long does it take you to crack a password? Just pondering..
Welsh (OP)
Staff
Legendary

View Profile
August 04, 2014, 06:14:14 PM

It ultimately depends on the amount of information someone gives me on their password. It can take as little as a few seconds after setting it up or it could take up to a month. If you know the majority of your password then it's normally a simple fix, if you are certain you have put the right password in that normally takes a hour at the most.

Obviously, the more you don't know about your password the longer the process. If you only know 2 characters out of 10 it's impossible.

There's never a definite answer it varies.
DeboraMeeks

Activity: 588

View Profile
August 04, 2014, 06:21:44 PM

It ultimately depends on the amount of information someone gives me on their password. It can take as little as a few seconds after setting it up or it could take up to a month. If you know the majority of your password then it's normally a simple fix, if you are certain you have put the right password in that normally takes a hour at the most.

Obviously, the more you don't know about your password the longer the process. If you only know 2 characters out of 10 it's impossible.

There's never a definite answer it varies.

Ok, thanks for the information and quick reply Smiley
MakeBelieve

View Profile
August 10, 2014, 02:20:53 PM

What are the normal fees per 1 Bitcoin inside a wallet?

On a mission to make Bitcointalk.org Marketplace a safer place to Buy/Sell/Trade
Welsh (OP)
Staff
Legendary

View Profile
August 10, 2014, 02:45:49 PM

What are the normal fees per 1 Bitcoin inside a wallet?

There is no set amount. You tell me what you would like to pay and I will then evaluate how long it's going to take and whether it's worth the time and fee. The fee is agreed before any work has been started and is agreed by both myself and the other party.

If you have any more questions or want to talk a little more, please send me a message.
MakeBelieve

View Profile
August 10, 2014, 06:49:40 PM

BTW i have left you positive trust and would like to say thanks once again

(I can't seem to find the reddit thread now sorry)

Welsh (OP)
Staff
Legendary

View Profile
August 10, 2014, 06:56:14 PM

I will be setting up a website & a new email. As it appears that there has been a few people spreading the email to other people and I have received a few spam emails. I never thought many people would want to communicate through email but, now that is the preferred choice from people I will be creating a dedicated one which will only be used for this service. I'll update the original post when I have the website &/or the email up and running. At the moment I'm going to make a few more scripts tonight and will probably get onto creating the email in the morning.

Also, before I forget I've been in contact with a few alt coin developers and will probably be opening my doors to the majority major alt coins. I only do this by request at the moment and don't officially offer it, but will be hoping to in the future. If this does happen I will only be accepting payment in Bitcoin and all the testing will be done in a virtual box which will slow down the process a small bit. (this is to prevent malicious clients etc)

I'm still open for business and eager to help others.

BTW i have left you positive trust and would like to say thanks once again

(I can't seem to find the reddit thread now sorry)

Cheers! No problem what so ever, if you do find the thread let me know and I can contact the OP to change the email to the new one.

BTCtalkScammerDetective

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 10:47:43 AM

This looks pretty good I have a old wallet which I have tried using btcrecover and to no avail it didn't work and I need to be able to gain access back I know some of the password or possible passwords but its a long list would you be able to help?
Welsh (OP)
Staff
Legendary

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 10:58:52 AM

This looks pretty good I have a old wallet which I have tried using btcrecover and to no avail it didn't work and I need to be able to gain access back I know some of the password or possible passwords but its a long list would you be able to help?

Sure, shoot me a message and we can work something out.
BTCtalkScammerDetective

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 11:19:02 AM

Sure, shoot me a message and we can work something out.

I'll contact you soon with all the information I'll probably message you in a few hours time.
truthstalker

Activity: 136

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 10:10:33 PM

Cool service I used dave Bitcoin and took a 20% hit...wish I saw this a few months ago.
teamy5892

Activity: 143

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 07:49:43 AM

Cool service I used dave Bitcoin and took a 20% hit...wish I saw this a few months ago.
can you recover a hacked electrum wallet?
Welsh (OP)
Staff
Legendary

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 01:20:09 PM
Last edit: August 15, 2014, 01:43:25 PM by Welsh

can you recover a hacked electrum wallet?

Are you 100% sure your wallet was hacked? You might of made a typo or simply forgot the password, I've had that a few times now where someone thought they were hacked but, simply forgot their password.

But, if your wallet is hacked then no, because they would of changed the password and then you have no information on that password, therefore making it impossible unless it's a easy password. However, it's not common for people to hack wallets and then keep it in that wallet they normally transfer out, so I ask again are you 100% sure it has been hacked?

If you are asking because you think this service could get into anyone wallet, it can't I reject everyone who hasn't got sufficient information because it's impossible to actually guess if the password is a strong password.

Just for the record, anyone who contacts me with no information on the password at all is very suspicious and I will reject that without asking any questions. This service is to help people and not hurt people.

Anyone, who needs my help shoot me a message and I'll respond normally within a few hours and no more than 12.  

truthstalker

Activity: 136

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 01:56:48 PM

I've just recommended my friend too you! Looks like you are much more flexible on the price than other alternatives.
Welsh (OP)
Staff
Legendary

View Profile
August 16, 2014, 01:52:21 PM

I've just recommended my friend too you! Looks like you are much more flexible on the price than other alternatives.

Thank you.

I'm free this weekend if anyone needs help.
ajareselde
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000

Satoshi is rolling in his grave. #bitcoin

View Profile
August 16, 2014, 07:01:14 PM

Thank you.

I'm free this weekend if anyone needs help.

Can you share with us what kind of software you use to do this
I have an old litecoin wallet with some funds in it, does your method work also on altcoin wallets?

cheers
Welsh (OP)
Staff
Legendary

View Profile
August 16, 2014, 08:00:29 PM
Last edit: August 17, 2014, 12:25:51 AM by Welsh

I have an old litecoin wallet with some funds in it, does your method work also on altcoin wallets?

cheers

All my scripts are developed by myself, nothing fancy all of them run in a python environment. I don't like the idea of publicly distributing the scripts that I've created because, of this service. If you would like to shoot me a message I can provide you with a few free alternatives if you would not like to use my service. I do offer support for litecoin and other alt coins by request.

I've been thinking recently of offering alt coin recovery free and turn it into a tip only business. I've been in contact with a few alt coin developers who would like to have a recovery service for it's users and have contacted me.
MakeBelieve

View Profile
August 17, 2014, 11:12:40 AM

cheers

All my scripts are developed by myself, nothing fancy all of them run in a python environment. I don't like the idea of publicly distributing the scripts that I've created because, of this service. If you would like to shoot me a message I can provide you with a few free alternatives if you would not like to use my service. I do offer support for litecoin and other alt coins by request.

I've been thinking recently of offering alt coin recovery free and turn it into a tip only business. I've been in contact with a few alt coin developers who would like to have a recovery service for it's users and have contacted me.

It would be great if you could do alt coin recovery too I think you would have a bigger market target and a lot more people coming to you.

Altminer79

Activity: 76
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 17, 2014, 12:26:50 PM

I will PM you in case I need your service, book marked, thanks.
JamesGuitar

Activity: 16

View Profile
August 17, 2014, 05:37:01 PM

blockchain.info wallet? How would that work? I've lost my password to a multibit wallet will you help>?
Welsh (OP)
Staff
Legendary

View Profile
August 17, 2014, 07:48:49 PM

blockchain.info wallet? How would that work? I've lost my password to a multibit wallet will you help>?

Shoot me a message and we can discuss the issue further if you would like.
Kieran Bass

View Profile
August 17, 2014, 09:20:19 PM

bookmarked this for the future it's gotta happen to me  Angry
Watsky

Activity: 28

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 12:51:35 AM

What alt coins do you recover?
Welsh (OP)
Staff
Legendary

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 11:19:09 AM

What alt coins do you recover?

Basically, I recover alt coins per request. It's a longer process because I have to setup a safe enviroment to download the client and then transfer my scripts over and then start the work, that's assuming my scripts work on the alt coin. There has been some circumstances which I had to do additional research and had to contact many alt coin developers.

Send me a message with the alt coin you are talking about and I can see what I can do.
Lone Wanderer

Activity: 15

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 12:14:54 AM

How much does this cost?
Welsh (OP)
Staff
Legendary

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 02:04:49 PM

How much does this cost?

I've sent a message. Look in this thread abut price discussion, it varies per job.
Harvey Specter

Activity: 28

View Profile
August 25, 2014, 04:12:02 PM

Bookmarked for the future wil probably need this with the amount of wallets I keep... Tongue
madison.p226

Activity: 1

View Profile
September 10, 2014, 02:56:59 PM

Welsh, I pm'd you. Need some help.
pissedoff

View Profile
September 12, 2014, 02:16:31 PM

How's the service going Welsh? (free bump)
romano01300

Activity: 4

View Profile
September 22, 2014, 04:43:48 PM

please help me i forgot my password key of bitcoincore please please i m french i dont understand pywallet where can i found pywallet Huh?? help me please cordialy !!!!!
Welsh (OP)
Staff
Legendary

View Profile
October 22, 2014, 03:11:17 PM

please help me i forgot my password key of bitcoincore please please i m french i dont understand pywallet where can i found pywallet Huh?? help me please cordialy !!!!!

Shoot me a message, I've been a little busy recently and out of town so haven't been able to contact you until now. I'll be around only a few hours a day so excuse me if I take awhile to respond.
G-MONEY

View Profile
October 24, 2014, 08:27:11 PM

Hi, i my lappy crashed & i lost my password to blockchain, but i have the numbers, and alias.But my e-mail password doesn't work or i may have forgotten it. there's not much, but hate losing $ & willing to pay your %. damn, glad i found this site!...e-mail me asap.  Cool
Welsh (OP)
Staff
Legendary

View Profile
October 31, 2014, 06:40:32 PM
Last edit: November 01, 2014, 07:56:08 PM by Welsh

I'm still doing this as a side project. I've been very busy with other business recently which has found me away from my computer, however those that I was working for have now been completed. There were some unsuccessful ones which the person either didn't give enough information or simply didn't know enough.

I'm considering doing this for free from now on and only accepting tips, but the tips are optional. All work from now on is free, tips are appreciated.

Hi, i my lappy crashed & i lost my password to blockchain, but i have the numbers, and alias.But my e-mail password doesn't work or i may have forgotten it. there's not much, but hate losing $ & willing to pay your %. damn, glad i found this site!...e-mail me asap.  Cool

I've sent you a message, I've been awaiting a reply for a while now.

Welsh (OP)
Staff
Legendary

View Profile
November 01, 2014, 07:51:00 PM

I've made a few changes to the service since I'm going to be working on a few more projects in the approaching weeks & months. Therefore, this will now be treated as a side project. Although, that shouldn't affect too much except support for alt coin wallet recovery & the amount of time I dedicate on making my scripts more professional.

Here are the changes:

- Price changes; FREE 100% free, tips are appreciated after successful recovery.
- No alt coin wallet support.
- No longer supporting Hive wallet.

My primary focus relating to this project is now recovering Bitcoin Core Wallets, because the process is much easier and safer for everyone. However, I will also be supporting other wallets such as Electrum, Armory & Blockchain.info. But, the difficulty is much higher & in some instances not as safe as Bitcoin Core/Btcoin-qt. I've roughly been doing around 5 jobs each week with around 75% of them being recovered successfully on average.

* Still feel free to contact me about Alt coin recovery & any unsupported wallets when I have time I will fit them in.
The Tipping Point

Activity: 3

View Profile
November 09, 2014, 03:20:00 PM

Would you be able to recover a litecoin wallet? I know you said you don't do alt coins but I'm willing to pay.
Welsh (OP)
Staff
Legendary

View Profile
November 09, 2014, 05:34:57 PM

Would you be able to recover a litecoin wallet? I know you said you don't do alt coins but I'm willing to pay.

Shoot me a PM. I only do alt coins in my spare time, although I have had some spare time recently and am not busy at the moment. Although, Alt coins are less priority.  All my recovery services are free.

Although, I tend to only accept jobs which are 100% secure for the person, unless they are willing to take the risk. I normally try to advise against that and guide you through the recovery process myself instead of you sending me any data.
mistermonk

View Profile
January 23, 2015, 11:38:21 PM

Hi, I'm going to PM you - I really need help with my blockchain.info wallet. I can't seem to remember the 2nd password, or if I am remembering it, there was a discrepency in what I wrote down to "be" the actual password. Anyway blockchain tells me the 2nd password is wrong, and I need help! I can't do anything with the btc in the wallet without both passes :/
cdf175

Activity: 2

View Profile
January 26, 2015, 07:09:57 PM

How much would you charge for a small number like 2 bitcoin? i have lost my password to my multibit wallet
Welsh (OP)
Staff
Legendary

View Profile
January 26, 2015, 07:28:12 PM

Hi, I'm going to PM you - I really need help with my blockchain.info wallet. I can't seem to remember the 2nd password, or if I am remembering it, there was a discrepency in what I wrote down to "be" the actual password. Anyway blockchain tells me the 2nd password is wrong, and I need help! I can't do anything with the btc in the wallet without both passes :/
If you've messaged me, you might want to try again. I've had a lot of personal messages and they can get lost and accidentally deleted now and again.

How much would you charge for a small number like 2 bitcoin? i have lost my password to my multibit wallet
I don't charge, tips are appreciated but, not required. With Multibit there's a different way of extracting what I need and normally requires you to use a third party tool like pywallet for example. Just shoot me a personal message and we go into more detail and see what can be done. Although, I'm not actively running this service any more, if you know a lot of your password then I will take it into consideration.
Ryan Collins

Activity: 10

View Profile
February 21, 2015, 11:23:47 AM

I have a wallet which needs recovering has 2 bitcoin it it its hosted at blockchain info pleaase help
Furio
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

BTC | LTC | XLM | VEN | ARDR

View Profile
March 11, 2015, 05:51:07 PM

I have a wallet.dat file with 5 btc stored. I think I've made a typo with my passphrase, can you help me. I have a pretty good idea what the password should be, it's either 30 or 21 characters long, I have 2 options of what it should be, without the typo offcourse, hope you can help!
Can provide proof that they are my bitcoin, since I transferred them from my original wallet, of which I still have the password and private keys.

Welsh (OP)
Staff
Legendary

View Profile
March 27, 2015, 12:12:47 PM

I have a wallet.dat file with 5 btc stored. I think I've made a typo with my passphrase, can you help me. I have a pretty good idea what the password should be, it's either 30 or 21 characters long, I have 2 options of what it should be, without the typo offcourse, hope you can help!
Can provide proof that they are my bitcoin, since I transferred them from my original wallet, of which I still have the password and private keys.

Hey, If you've made a typo it might be quite straight forward, as long as it's no longer than 5 typos it should be doable quite quickly. You can send me a personal message if you like. Are you using Bitcoin core/qt? I normally only deal with this wallet now because it's the safest way for the person sending the details. Other wallets are less safe and requires a lot of trust and I don't normally like accepting them, unless the person is reputable enough.

If you do contact this month, there may be a delay in response and I won't probably start any work until early next month.

I have a wallet which needs recovering has 2 bitcoin it it its hosted at blockchain info pleaase help

Send me a message with information about the job. If you aren't using Bitcoin core/qt I will not help because of your rank and no previous reputation. If you are using Bitcoin core/qt then it's straight forward and no risk at all to either party.
Welsh (OP)
Staff
Legendary

View Profile
March 31, 2015, 01:49:59 AM

No longer offering this as a free service. Those that have contacted me prior to this announcement, will still have work done for free. Price now depends on the amount of resources that it requires for the job. Accepting Bitcoin core wallets mostly. Although will provide support for other wallets. Bitcoin core/qt preferred.  

Anyone who is looking to not pay anything, then please look at btcrecover, made by btchris. Although, this does require installing and running a third party application, I will not be held responsible for any malicious code which is uploaded. Please do your own research in that purpose. Some technical experience needed, using the terminal mainly
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [All]
  Print  

Jump to: