Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 09:28:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Wallet Password Recovery  (Read 14761 times)
Welsh (OP)
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3262
Merit: 4110

View Profile
August 02, 2014, 04:29:02 PM
Last edit: August 02, 2014, 06:08:29 PM by Welsh

OK. Thanks anyway, bro. Wish you succsess with your venture.

No problem. Thanks for the good wishes!

Note: I'll be away for the next few hours so I won't be able to respond to your messages, however my scripts are still running on the people who have contacted me and I have a good success rate so far. I've managed to help two people out of three. The third seems like it may not have enough or accurate password details and that's why I haven't been able to find it yet. I'll still be working on it though.
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Baitty

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

Currently held as collateral by monbux

View Profile
August 02, 2014, 06:15:25 PM

I've still got your email from when we did a trade before are you still using that email? I've got a friend which needs some help but they are new so there isn't much on the wallet is there a minimum amount that has to be on the wallet?

Welsh (OP)
Staff
Legendary

View Profile
August 02, 2014, 06:18:41 PM

I've still got your email from when we did a trade before are you still using that email? I've got a friend which needs some help but they are new so there isn't much on the wallet is there a minimum amount that has to be on the wallet?

No, there is no limit on the amount of coins in the wallet, if it's only a small amount I do normally offer my service free but, they are not high priority in my list at the moment though I haven't got much work on so if you could get your friend to email me as soon as possible I can fit him in whilst there's no work on.

As for the email, I'm not quite sure because I can't remember what one I gave you. I shall message you the temporary email which I'm using for the moment.
MakeBelieve

Activity: 602

View Profile
August 02, 2014, 07:30:21 PM

How long does this take to do?

On a mission to make Bitcointalk.org Marketplace a safer place to Buy/Sell/Trade
Welsh (OP)
Staff
Legendary

View Profile
August 02, 2014, 10:18:35 PM
Last edit: August 02, 2014, 10:39:56 PM by Welsh

How long does this take to do?

It varies depending on how much information you can give me and what order I apply the scripts and generally how long it takes to go through the sequence on the scripts. The majority that I've done have been completed within a few hours because i've had some good information. But, it depends on the information you give me. It could take a very long time. (weeks)

I can make estimate for anyone interested before work starts, but it might not be entirely accurate.
pissedoff

Activity: 616

View Profile
August 03, 2014, 01:44:29 AM

Welsh just found the password for my friends wallet! He's extremely impressed and I too as I couldn't do it great business and I would recommend to anyone!
Welsh (OP)
Staff
Legendary

View Profile
August 03, 2014, 03:05:07 AM

Welsh just found the password for my friends wallet! He's extremely impressed and I too as I couldn't do it great business and I would recommend to anyone!

Thanks for the recommendation. I suggest your friend makes a new wallet/password just for extra security measurements.

Update: I've just hit a major breakthrough and got 6 cores effectively working in my code now. (Before sometimes it worked and sometimes it didn't so sometimes it was limited to 4-5.)
teamy5892

Activity: 143
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 03, 2014, 04:49:05 AM

Thanks for the recommendation. I suggest your friend makes a new wallet/password just for extra security measurements.

Update: I've just hit a major breakthrough and got 6 cores effectively working in my code now. (Before sometimes it worked and sometimes it didn't so sometimes it was limited to 4-5.)

It's almost a year now that I haven't been able to access my Electrum Desktop wallet. I think it was hacked, although I searched my address but no transactions have been made. I only remember one of my previous passwords. Can you help?
Welsh (OP)
Staff
Legendary

View Profile
August 03, 2014, 05:01:24 AM
Last edit: August 03, 2014, 12:54:01 PM by Welsh

It's almost a year now that I haven't been able to access my Electrum Desktop wallet. I think it was hacked, although I searched my address but no transactions have been made. I only remember one of my previous passwords. Can you help?
Honestly, I believe you maybe made a typo or have forgotten a part of your password, because I find it hard to believe it has been hacked and no Bitcoin has been transferred out after a year.

You can send me a message if you like and we can discuss the methods and options available.

Short answer: Yes, probably.

Baitty

Activity: 532

View Profile
August 03, 2014, 12:37:14 PM

Did you get my last email Welsh? I sent it but then lost connection to my internet and haven't regained it back yet (this is on my phone and cant send email on phone)

Welsh (OP)
Staff
Legendary

View Profile
August 03, 2014, 01:33:55 PM

Did you get my last email Welsh? I sent it but then lost connection to my internet and haven't regained it back yet (this is on my phone and cant send email on phone)

Yes, thanks for the new information. Work has been already started and I've added the new information.

I've failed to regain 1 password, and am currently researching 1 and working on two jobs and have successfully completed 5 jobs. I've still got some more room for anyone who is interested. My success rate has been pretty good so far, as long as people provide me with accurate information and enough information it's pretty likely I'll find it.

Shoot me a PM if you require my services.
BawsyBoss

Activity: 389
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 03, 2014, 08:44:07 PM

This looks great. You should charge a flat rate though, mostly because people could make up the amount of BTC in their wallet to pay a much smaller fee.

Forever strong.
Welsh (OP)
Staff
Legendary

View Profile
August 03, 2014, 10:10:50 PM

This looks great. You should charge a flat rate though, mostly because people could make up the amount of BTC in their wallet to pay a much smaller fee.

I've started to do that. We agree on a fixed rate before work has started, unless I trust the user is giving the correct information then there's no issue. I've had a lot of emails about using the physical wallet file because people can't use pywallet to extract the information, of course I try to help them do the pywallet but, I have accepted a physical wallet once which is still being worked on, the password information wasn't great so I don't think we'll be finding it any time soon either.

Thanks for the suggestion and kind words.
DeboraMeeks

Activity: 588

View Profile
August 04, 2014, 06:08:05 PM

How long does it take you to crack a password? Just pondering..
Welsh (OP)
Staff
Legendary

View Profile
August 04, 2014, 06:14:14 PM

It ultimately depends on the amount of information someone gives me on their password. It can take as little as a few seconds after setting it up or it could take up to a month. If you know the majority of your password then it's normally a simple fix, if you are certain you have put the right password in that normally takes a hour at the most.

Obviously, the more you don't know about your password the longer the process. If you only know 2 characters out of 10 it's impossible.

There's never a definite answer it varies.
DeboraMeeks

Activity: 588

View Profile
August 04, 2014, 06:21:44 PM

It ultimately depends on the amount of information someone gives me on their password. It can take as little as a few seconds after setting it up or it could take up to a month. If you know the majority of your password then it's normally a simple fix, if you are certain you have put the right password in that normally takes a hour at the most.

Obviously, the more you don't know about your password the longer the process. If you only know 2 characters out of 10 it's impossible.

There's never a definite answer it varies.

Ok, thanks for the information and quick reply Smiley
MakeBelieve

View Profile
August 10, 2014, 02:20:53 PM

What are the normal fees per 1 Bitcoin inside a wallet?

On a mission to make Bitcointalk.org Marketplace a safer place to Buy/Sell/Trade
Welsh (OP)
Staff
Legendary

View Profile
August 10, 2014, 02:45:49 PM

What are the normal fees per 1 Bitcoin inside a wallet?

There is no set amount. You tell me what you would like to pay and I will then evaluate how long it's going to take and whether it's worth the time and fee. The fee is agreed before any work has been started and is agreed by both myself and the other party.

If you have any more questions or want to talk a little more, please send me a message.
MakeBelieve

View Profile
August 10, 2014, 06:49:40 PM

BTW i have left you positive trust and would like to say thanks once again

(I can't seem to find the reddit thread now sorry)

Welsh (OP)
Staff
Legendary

View Profile
August 10, 2014, 06:56:14 PM

I will be setting up a website & a new email. As it appears that there has been a few people spreading the email to other people and I have received a few spam emails. I never thought many people would want to communicate through email but, now that is the preferred choice from people I will be creating a dedicated one which will only be used for this service. I'll update the original post when I have the website &/or the email up and running. At the moment I'm going to make a few more scripts tonight and will probably get onto creating the email in the morning.

Also, before I forget I've been in contact with a few alt coin developers and will probably be opening my doors to the majority major alt coins. I only do this by request at the moment and don't officially offer it, but will be hoping to in the future. If this does happen I will only be accepting payment in Bitcoin and all the testing will be done in a virtual box which will slow down the process a small bit. (this is to prevent malicious clients etc)

I'm still open for business and eager to help others.

BTW i have left you positive trust and would like to say thanks once again

(I can't seem to find the reddit thread now sorry)

Cheers! No problem what so ever, if you do find the thread let me know and I can contact the OP to change the email to the new one.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: