Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 06:57:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: ORA:: Bounty discussion thread  (Read 5102 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Kora (OP)

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 03, 2014, 01:29:50 AM

I would also like to suggest some amount to assigned to charity organisations. Just my thought.

Nice idea IMO.

I agree, that's a great idea! We could also setup a donation account for people to donate ORA to from their private accounts too.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Kora (OP)

Activity: 308

View Profile
August 03, 2014, 05:44:24 AM

@DarkhorseofNxt
I like to idea of splitting it up in in chunks. Makes it easier to focus on specific areas.

For the technial bounties it'd be good to specify faucet development.
For promotional work we can add translations.
We can also add wiki creation and updates, perhaps under promotional work as well?
Also let's specify logo creation under marketing?

---

On a related note, what's the current status of the main website development?

Under construction. I will include a FAQ or wiki and perhaps a news section for important updates.
We also need to finalise a logo choice.

Awesome. I guess some kind of deadline for the logo would be good. For example, X more weeks until we all vote to decide how we'd like it to look like. At the same time, we need to wait for the NXT voting system if we want to do it over there. Thoughts?

Pentamon has set a closing date for Logo submissions!
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=697958.msg8159688#msg8159688

Equate

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 03, 2014, 05:58:50 AM

I would also like to suggest some amount to assigned to charity organisations. Just my thought.

Nice idea IMO.

I agree, that's a great idea! We could also setup a donation account for people to donate ORA to from their private accounts too.

ORA donations for charity is a good idea , i will donate .
Nicolisa

Activity: 60
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 03, 2014, 08:04:06 AM

there are too many coins i can't get.

Free SIGNs giving everyday. Be part, do not miss!. T2NNFvCm4ft6XWAuJKbhkDJEob5L4WBXxx
ShroomsKit_Disgrace
Legendary

Activity: 952
Merit: 1000

Yeah! I hate ShroomsKit!

View Profile
August 03, 2014, 10:15:34 AM

What about "official" twitter, fb.... accounts to promote actively Ora? Is this being done?

Thanks to Kora and the rest of the team once again!  Smiley
Mac Red

Activity: 299
Merit: 252

View Profile
August 03, 2014, 11:23:04 AM

What about "official" twitter, fb.... accounts to promote actively Ora? Is this being done?

Thanks to Kora and the rest of the team once again!  Smiley

Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think there's anything like that at the moment? Anybody up for the task?

Very nice to have the links at the top of the OP btw.

// Mac
curT

Activity: 336

View Profile
August 04, 2014, 09:44:49 AM
Last edit: August 06, 2014, 05:40:06 PM by curT

What about a signature to promote ora ?

Code:
 [url=https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=620518.0][color=firebrick][b][color=firebrick]O[/color][color=orangered]R[/color][color=darkorange]A[/color] -  FREE & FAIR DISTRIBUTION[/b][/color][/url] [color=orangered][b]  ||   [url=https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=675484.0][color=firebrick][b]DEV DISCUSSION[/b][/color][/url][/b][/color][color=orangered][b]   ||   [url=https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=697958.0][color=firebrick][b]LOGO DISCUSSION[/b][/color][/url][/b][/color][color=orangered][b]   ||   [url=https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=718077.0][color=firebrick][b]BOUNTY DISCUSSION[/b][/color][/url][/b][/color]

DarkhorseofNxt

Activity: 252

View Profile
August 04, 2014, 10:48:27 AM

Thanks to Kora and the rest of the team once again!  Smiley

That is definitely needed. I have included that in the bounty. At this point we dont have anything yet. We do need this to get started along with other known mediums.

DarkhorseofNxt

View Profile
August 04, 2014, 10:50:23 AM

Code:
[url=https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=620518.0][color=darkorange][b]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ORA -  Free & Fair distribution   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄[/b][/color][/url]

Mac red was looking for something like that but automated so that it is easier to manage? You know something like that?

curT

Activity: 336

View Profile
August 04, 2014, 10:59:50 AM
Last edit: August 04, 2014, 11:48:30 AM by curT

Code:
[url=https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=620518.0][color=darkorange][b]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ORA -  Free & Fair distribution   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄[/b][/color][/url]

Mac red was looking for something like that but automated so that it is easier to manage? You know something like that?
I'm sorry I have no idea Embarrassed

edit: see pm
xchrix

Activity: 905
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 04, 2014, 12:53:19 PM

is it possible to get a bounty if i add ORA to www.cryptocoincharts.info and/or write a blog post in my news blog about it?
Chaos514

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 04, 2014, 01:25:37 PM

I agree with donation but we need to do it in an organized manner. I've seen a lot of discussion in other coin on this matter (NEM, Koi, etc) and it did cause quite a bit of friction. There's a few thing to consider:

1 - Most (to not say All) of the charity administrator doesn't know how to use cryptocurrency.
2 - If they do, they will most likely dump everything once they receive the donation.  
3 - It will be hard to get consensus on which charities will deserve some ORA.

I would suggest that we create an ORA fund that could see to the best interest of ORA. One of the responsibility of the fund would be to handle donation, sell them when the price is high and when it would hurt the coin, and give the FIAT to the chosen charities.

Anyway, this is just my two cents!  
DarkhorseofNxt

View Profile
August 04, 2014, 01:56:51 PM

I agree with donation but we need to do it in an organized manner. I've seen a lot of discussion in other coin on this matter (NEM, Koi, etc) and it did cause quite a bit of friction. There's a few thing to consider:

1 - Most (to not say All) of the charity administrator doesn't know how to use cryptocurrency.
2 - If they do, they will most likely dump everything once they receive the donation.  

I would suggest that we create an ORA fund that could see to the best interest of ORA. One of the responsibility of the fund would be to handle donation, sell them when the price is high and when it would hurt the coin, and give the FIAT to the chosen charities.

Exactly what we should be doing. Will keep that in mind. Right now i want to take everything into consideration so that we do not miss out anything.

Would you like to help me in charting this out on how we can do this properly?

DarkhorseofNxt

View Profile
August 04, 2014, 02:00:36 PM

is it possible to get a bounty if i add ORA to www.cryptocoincharts.info and/or write a blog post in my news blog about it?

Most likely yes. At this stage we are taking account on what needed to be spend. We will decide on the allocation later on. So tell me, what category does this will fit in? Blog Promotions / web promotions? We will make sure to utilise every sort of promotion available. Thanks for bringing this up. Need all the help!

Chaos514

Activity: 40

View Profile
August 04, 2014, 05:18:19 PM

Exactly what we should be doing. Will keep that in mind. Right now i want to take everything into consideration so that we do not miss out anything.

I'm not the person with the most experience in this sort of thing, but sure, I would be glad to help. I'll wait until we "finalize" the bounty list to ensure we cover everything but meanwhile if anybody have any suggestion on this regards, don't hesitate to post them here or to PM me.
DarkhorseofNxt

View Profile
August 05, 2014, 04:08:59 AM

I'm not the person with the most experience in this sort of thing, but sure, I would be glad to help. I'll wait until we "finalize" the bounty list to ensure we cover everything but meanwhile if anybody have any suggestion on this regards, don't hesitate to post them here or to PM me.

Appreciate that. Thank you.

Mac Red

Activity: 299
Merit: 252

View Profile
August 05, 2014, 04:40:30 PM

Sent 1 million ORA to DarkhorseofNxt, fragORA and Pentamon for their contributions so far. Cool
Este Nuno
Legendary

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

amarha

View Profile
August 05, 2014, 06:29:03 PM

Sent 1 million ORA to DarkhorseofNxt, fragORA and Pentamon for their contributions so far. Cool

Looks like anyone who has the inclination to contribute has a good chance of having it pay off well in the future when ORA begins to take shape. I like the incentives. Best of luck Smiley
Hashbender

Activity: 51

View Profile
August 05, 2014, 09:14:29 PM

What still makes me feel a little awkward...ORA is not a coin, but an asset, as I have understood. And it's issued at the nxt platform. I've read a lot of what seems to be fud about nxt. Would someone please explain to me why or why not nxt is good or bad? I want to make sure of this before stepping a bit more here.
nikola384

Activity: 76
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 05, 2014, 09:31:50 PM

What still makes me feel a little awkward...ORA is not a coin, but an asset, as I have understood. And it's issued at the nxt platform. I've read a lot of what seems to be fud about nxt. Would someone please explain to me why or why not nxt is good or bad? I want to make sure of this before stepping a bit more here.

The NXT discussion should take place in some other thread. In short IMO, NXT is pretty good.
Now to the main issue – Ora is an asset just so people can trade in and out of it. At some point in the future it will become a true coin and will no longer live on the NXT exchange.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: