Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 10:32:13 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: ORA:: Bounty discussion thread  (Read 5102 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
vincentvincent

Activity: 285
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 05, 2014, 09:39:31 PM

What still makes me feel a little awkward...ORA is not a coin, but an asset, as I have understood. And it's issued at the nxt platform. I've read a lot of what seems to be fud about nxt. Would someone please explain to me why or why not nxt is good or bad? I want to make sure of this before stepping a bit more here.

I think it is hard to say whether nxt is good or bad, opinions might be biassed by people owning nxt or not. Just lean back and think: Nxt seems to be found good enough by the founders of ORA to use it as a platform for distribution of the ORA stakes. I have definitely my own opinion about nxt: I feel very positive of nxt: but will that help you getting convinced?
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Kora (OP)

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 05, 2014, 11:25:56 PM

What still makes me feel a little awkward...ORA is not a coin, but an asset, as I have understood. And it's issued at the nxt platform. I've read a lot of what seems to be fud about nxt. Would someone please explain to me why or why not nxt is good or bad? I want to make sure of this before stepping a bit more here.

The NXT discussion should take place in some other thread. In short IMO, NXT is pretty good.
Now to the main issue – Ora is an asset just so people can trade in and out of it. At some point in the future it will become a true coin and will no longer live on the NXT exchange.

Good answer nikola384! The ORA asset on the NXT asset exchange is a temporary means to an end. The end we are shooting for is our own P2P network & coin. IMO NXT is a great platform, and features like the voting system make it extremely useful for decentralised decision making, but our goal is to bootstrap our own platform.

Este Nuno
Legendary

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

amarha

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 07:34:43 AM

NXT is good. Nothing wrong with NXT. You probably hear so much FUD because people are fearful of new technology and are mad that they missed out.
DarkhorseofNxt

Activity: 252

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 12:59:10 PM

Nxt

I have said before, Nxt is an ecology. The only fud that anti-nxt will be talking about is how the initial stake was given to the 73 stake holders. I dont understand this fud when the ipo was open for 2 months.

Hashbender

Activity: 51
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 02:48:24 PM

Nxt

I have said before, Nxt is an ecology. The only fud that anti-nxt will be talking about is how the initial stake was given to the 73 stake holders. I dont understand this fud when the ipo was open for 2 months.

Hmm...I see. It happens in the "real world" too. Some take the risk and win (or lose) and some just don't and laugh at the unfortunate or mourn at the successful. Thanks for your answer.

The NXT discussion should take place in some other thread. In short IMO, NXT is pretty good.
Now to the main issue – Ora is an asset just so people can trade in and out of it. At some point in the future it will become a true coin and will no longer live on the NXT exchange.

Good answer nikola384! The ORA asset on the NXT asset exchange is a temporary means to an end. The end we are shooting for is our own P2P network & coin. IMO NXT is a great platform, and features like the voting system make it extremely useful for decentralised decision making, but our goal is to bootstrap our own platform.

Great day i'm catching on! I hope every ORA goal is fulfilled. Watching the charts, there are not many people selling, so there are a lot of people who believe in this system. I read that ORA's attempt is to learn from every platform already in existence to make a whole new one , but better. At this early point of development, is somebody connected to someone who can , in the future, issue assets in the ORA ecosystem in a similar way as jl777 (at nxt) did with all of his portfolio? I think this would be very positive to ORA, having powerful potential investors interested with it.
Since i've noticed i'm posting in the bounty thread (i'm sorry for that, for further questions i'll make sure to post in the right one), a small % of the "power bounties" can be assigned to this task, maybe.

DarkhorseofNxt

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 04:18:37 AM

I am changing the bounty allocation categories today after going through the list so far to get a clean list. Please have a look at post #2 in this thread for more information. These are not final but open for discussions.

Mac Red

Activity: 299
Merit: 252

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 12:02:52 PM

I am changing the bounty allocation categories today after going through the list so far to get a clean list. Please have a look at post #2 in this thread for more information. These are not final but open for discussions.

Looks good, easier for everyone to get an overview of what we need. Cool
thefalleng2

Activity: 195
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 09, 2014, 04:26:38 PM

I sent a pm to the op with my proposal for the website of ORA.

Haven't received any reply yet.

fragORA

Activity: 86
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 09, 2014, 11:46:00 PM
Last edit: August 10, 2014, 10:48:50 AM by fragORA

I sent a pm to the op with my proposal for the website of ORA.

Haven't received any reply yet.

Nio is handling the website
sent you PM

ORA::100% POS Free & Fair distribution|issued NXT AE
DarkhorseofNxt

View Profile
August 10, 2014, 02:36:59 PM

I know this is very early to suggest this, but it came into my mind. Can we form a group of people interested in making a research or analysis on how anyone in the world could convert fiat into any crypto/ora? Not talking about exchanges but other getaways and options. Prepaid cards, atm cards etc. Probably we can study and build a road map on this. This will not only benefit ora but also any other crypto. Not only talking about us or europe but how a person from any part of world can get an access into crypto world. What you guys think?

Este Nuno
Legendary

amarha

View Profile
August 10, 2014, 03:06:41 PM

I know this is very early to suggest this, but it came into my mind. Can we form a group of people interested in making a research or analysis on how anyone in the world could convert fiat into any crypto/ora? Not talking about exchanges but other getaways and options. Prepaid cards, atm cards etc. Probably we can study and build a road map on this. This will not only benefit ora but also any other crypto. Not only talking about us or europe but how a person from any part of world can get an access into crypto world. What you guys think?

I'm interested in this. I'm working on Bitmark right now but we're very interested in making it an easy to use currency. So that type of real life purchase case research is of great interest to our project and perhaps we can share things we learn about this type of thing.

I'm in Asia and there are tons and tons of prepaid cards for all kinds of products. Being able to buy a prepaid card that can get you crypto would be amazing and be a huge step for adoption!
DarkhorseofNxt

View Profile
August 10, 2014, 03:10:15 PM

I'm interested in this. I'm working on Bitmark right now but we're very interested in making it an easy to use currency. So that type of real life purchase case research is of great interest to our project and perhaps we can share things we learn about this type of thing.

I'm in Asia and there are tons and tons of prepaid cards for all kinds of products. Being able to buy a prepaid card that can get you crypto would be amazing and be a huge step for adoption!

Exactly. This can be a stepping stone for every existing coin. It should be a paper of analysis on what available method is available in every part of the world and also an analysis and suggestion the best way to do it.

thefalleng2

Activity: 195

View Profile
August 10, 2014, 06:54:29 PM

I have a proposal for a twitter marketing promo group for ORA.

Previously I worked with Community Coin and Information Coin twitter promo campaign.With those experience I can lead a campaign for ORA.

HOPE THE DEV SEES THIS AND TALKS WITH ME ABOUT THIS.

DarkhorseofNxt

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 03:52:51 AM

I have a proposal for a twitter marketing promo group for ORA.

Previously I worked with Community Coin and Information Coin twitter promo campaign.With those experience I can lead a campaign for ORA.

HOPE THE DEV SEES THIS AND TALKS WITH ME ABOUT THIS.

Hey mate, we always keep an eye on this thread. Pm me on this and we shall talk about this.

DarkhorseofNxt

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 03:53:51 AM

Is anyone else in the btt community working on this already? Probably you and me can jumpstart this project?

Este Nuno
Legendary

amarha

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 06:13:21 AM

Is anyone else in the btt community working on this already? Probably you and me can jumpstart this project?

Not sure if anyone else has explored the idea yet but I also posted this in the Bitmark thread to see if anyone else was interested in looking into it: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=660544.msg8290286#msg8290286
Chaos514

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 04:06:54 PM

Proposal for Charities

I've been asked to come with a proposal on how to handle Charities. I didn't revive any suggestion by PM aside from the one from DarkhorseofNxt, so fell free to give me comment/suggestion.

We want to handle the donation to Charities with theses 3 concepts in mind:

- Transparency : Everything will be decided by the community and all action will be communicated to everyone
- Security : We want to ensure the ORA for charities will be safe
- Sustainability : Giving to charities should not result in a massive dump that could hurt ORA

So here's the proposal so far:

Selection
- We ask the stakeholders to propose charities to which they would like to Donate.
- Since we have a potentially a lot of ORA stakes, we could divide it between multiples charities (to be determine once the amount of ORA given to charities will be known)
- The selection would be done by a vote amongst original shareholder (because we know who they are) or on ORA if it include a voting mechanism.
- The selection would be composed of X charities and this process would be repeated every Y months. I suggest 3 charities every 6 months.

Donation
- The initial donation will come from a percentage of the undistributed stakes.
- We will use multising option to ensure no single person could get access to the Charities fund.

Distribution
- We wait at least 3 months after the release of the coin to start cashing out the stake
- The Maximum ORA per sold per day from the charity fund would be at maximum equal to 10% of the daily average of the last 2 weeks
- The orders would be set at a fix price so it doesn't crash the market.
- This would be done on multiple exchange.
- Charities will receive their donation in FIAT.

Again, this is only a proposition so if you have any comments/suggestion, fell free to post them here or to PM me.
coinsolidation

Activity: 294

Bitmark Developer

View Profile WWW
August 17, 2014, 12:31:56 AM

I'd like to suggest for all Ora distribution, that you factor in time. Do not set amounts of Ora rather set percentages. So if 25% of all Ora is in an account for power bounties, then each power bounty should be a fixed agreed percentage of the current total account balance. Say 1% of the account balance at that time, then over time each bounty is smaller, and more aligned with distribution and adoption. It will also ensure that it's a very long time before your bounties run out, ensuring long term development with fair remuneration.

Bitmark (reputation+money) : Bitmark v0.9.4 (release)
Pentamon

Activity: 140

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2014, 06:15:53 PM

Final voting week for the logo!
Go here, to vote: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=697958.msg8688537#msg8688537

Pentamon

http://www.oraforum.org  *  Yoda: "One stake to every human give!"
burnt_micah

Activity: 115
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2014, 06:44:55 PM

If you are interested, i can make a mobile wallet like: http://wallet.trollcoinbase.com

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: