Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 04:30:43 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is there anything here worth of investing?  (Read 6407 times)
crazyivan (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1007

DMD Diamond Making Money 4+ years! Join us!

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 06:27:15 AM

I went through couple of posts here and all of them end up with the same conclusion, SCAM after SCAM. Is there any decent crypto related security which is actually worth of investing in?
Is there anything with a decent business plan, a clear statement how to use money collected from investors and a dividend which might provide ROI some time in the future?

Has Bitcoin really become a tool for dishonest people to steal money from the community??? I really hope I am wrong.

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
MannyEric

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 06:55:06 AM

Also, you should pay attention to the people who claim something being scam. Not everything is scam that is accused being it.
I know, it could be a tough task, but in the end you are the one who has to make a decision what to do with your money...
ex8ei

Activity: 7

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2014, 11:31:27 AM

Have a look at www.cryptodron.com

http://widgets.myfxbook.com/widgets/918963/large.jpg
crazyivan (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 11:38:45 AM

See, that is what I am talking about. A new member with 6 posts advises me to invest into cryptofund which is "a hedge fund created with the sole purpose of multiplying Bitcoins". How, where, when, who runs it, nothing. They just say to send them 10 BTC and they will multiply it. Sure, sending 100 BTC now.

It makes me want to puke when I see the number of scams emerging every day inside BTC ecosystem. It also makes me to think that some kind of regulation is necessary to help send these scammers where they belong.

LEGIT STUFF ONLY HERE, stop insulting my intelligence.

pedrog
Legendary

Activity: 2786
Merit: 1031

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 12:46:01 PM

How about Litecoin and AsicMiner?

crazyivan (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 01:26:05 PM

Litecoin? I guess you mean investing into buying LTC. I believe that the only way LTC can survive in the future is to switch to NeoScrypt algorithm, similarly to what Feathercoin is planning to do. If not, large ASIC farm owners are going to continue to dump until they devastate the coin.

AsicMiner, have had no experience with them. Is there anyone here who can share experience about AsicMiner?

pedrog
Legendary

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 02:02:30 PM

Litecoin? I guess you mean investing into buying LTC. I believe that the only way LTC can survive in the future is to switch to NeoScrypt algorithm, similarly to what Feathercoin is planning to do. If not, large ASIC farm owners are going to continue to dump until they devastate the coin.

AsicMiner, have had no experience with them. Is there anyone here who can share experience about AsicMiner?

There's nothing wrong with ASICs, on the contrary, they are very important to keep the network secure.

Litecoin has the second strongest network and it keeps growing at a fast rate.

https://bitcoinwisdom.com/litecoin/difficulty

Here you can see LTC/BTC price evolution.

ASICMINER here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=99497.0

NotLambchop

Activity: 378
Merit: 254

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 02:09:43 PM

Sure.

DjPxH

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 04:03:35 PM

Sure.

Ha Cheesy Awesome. Yeah, that really does sum up the performance and thus experience a lot of people had with that stock over the last year. But everyone keep in mind, that it may go up again, since friedcat (the boss) is going to announce news in 2 days. He will also start the self-mining again and intends to shake the mining world.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
PRIMEDICE
The Premier Bitcoin Gambling Experience @PrimeDice
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Dogedigital
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 04:41:17 PM

See, that is what I am talking about. A new member with 6 posts advises me to invest into cryptofund which is "a hedge fund created with the sole purpose of multiplying Bitcoins". How, where, when, who runs it, nothing. They just say to send them 10 BTC and they will multiply it. Sure, sending 100 BTC now.

It makes me want to puke when I see the number of scams emerging every day inside BTC ecosystem. It also makes me to think that some kind of regulation is necessary to help send these scammers where they belong.

LEGIT STUFF ONLY HERE, stop insulting my intelligence.

I have heard whispers of a company aiming to do just this.  Filter out the scams and provide legit business opportunities to investors. 

Buying with confidence = Good Investment.  Buying with unknown factors = Gambling. 

I'd just keep my eyes open for something opening up soon.
pedrog
Legendary

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 04:45:08 PM

Ha Cheesy Awesome. Yeah, that really does sum up the performance and thus experience a lot of people had with that stock over the last year. But everyone keep in mind, that it may go up again, since friedcat (the boss) is going to announce news in 2 days. He will also start the self-mining again and intends to shake the mining world.

That's why now it's a good time to buy some shares, not when they cost 3 bitcoins each...

NotLambchop

Activity: 378
Merit: 254

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 04:48:49 PM

@pedrog:  What's the average you paid per share of your AM "holdings"?
jjc326

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 05:20:33 PM

That's why the "bigwigs" on Wall Street are getting involved.  Maybe, soon, you'll be able to buy an ETF that tracks  the price of Bitcoin, or even some Bitcoin related entity.  Until then, be really careful as most of these "deals" on here are not subject to any sort of reporting requirements like a normal company would be.
Regenmacher

Activity: 101

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 10:39:09 PM

No
RiverBoatBTC

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2014, 10:52:12 PM

I agree that there does seem to be a lot of scams out there... And as well, like MannyEric says above, there are also those out there that claim some things are scams, but really aren't.
What's interesting about that, is there is a guy on here that claims many are scams but aren't. His name is RiverBoatBTC and he also just happens to have sites online that are the very same kind of sites he's calling scams. It's an obvious ploy to try to make others look bad whilst making himself seem like a hero. When I realized what his game was all about, I started looking into the people he was calling scammers, such as QUINTO over on cryptostocks.com. I actually ended up buying quite a bit of stock from him, due to the way he runs his business. He still has stocks for sale, but the next thing I am buying into with QUINTO is his QBONDS. It has a great ROI and he really has something that will do well, once he's fully running online, with his Quinto Lottery and all of the other games like Bingo, Pull Tabs, Scratchers Video poker & PM Poker, which is a really well laid out system. Once I have some more money, I am going to be buying a bitcoin's worth of his Qbonds.

As a disclaimer, this isn't investment advice! Just my thoughts on someone that is actually offering a legitimate Bitcoin investment. Not a get-rich-quick scam, but a long term investment I will be holding onto for some time. I have invested a little over 3 BTC with Quinto, so far.

As a second disclaimer I would like to say, that I fully expect to be hammered by riverboatbtc and his ilk, for the things I've written to you about. On another thread, having to do with me asking the owner of Quinto some questions on the ROI of his Qbonds, I was being accused within minutes by riverboatbtc, of actually being the owner of Quinto talking to myself. I assure you this isn't the case. I had some legitimate questions which were answered by the owner of Quinto, very quickly, clearly & professionally, as he is in the running of his business.
What I recommend is anyone that's interested, to check out Quinto & Qbond over on cryptostocks.com, for yourself. The owner has an excellent description of what he's offering and all of the stats on his page show that he does what he says.

Like I said, I fully expect to hammered here on bitcointalk. It's the way this site seems to run. I actually rarely come here due to people like riverboatbtc and all of the useless drama they create.

Other than that, I wish you luck in your search.

This is quintobtc lol
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=trust;u=253391

Check that out lmfao

The thing you will notice about moi is,
I will ask questions, like it or not
I will fact check , then ask more questions
I will provide proof to all my claims.
I may come off a little rought but it needs to be that way, like you all are discussing above to many scams. People assume since this is bitcoin they can make there own rules. IF you are a legit stock answering and providing documentation should not be a problem. Hiding and trying to deflect from questions will cause me to dig further.
Mr. Steven Swanson IS A CRIMINAL and I can prove it. He also tried to raise a IPO to play poker.... thats the the QBOND was at its start. So this is just a guess but a Criminal that likes to gamble, would you invest in such a thing?

USDbitfnx

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

(Not affiliated with Bitfinex)

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 10:59:02 PM

Check out my asset listed on NXT asset exchange:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=714645.0

USDbitfnx NXT AE Asset ID:10294386916428132892
Crypto25: The First Professional Altcoin Index: http://jnxt.org/crypto25/
Bonam

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 01:47:05 AM

No. There's nothing here worth investing in. 
theskillzdatklls

Activity: 1328
Merit: 563

MintDice.com | TG: t.me/MintDice

View Profile WWW
August 01, 2014, 07:01:20 AM

These days it definitely seems like no.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄████████▀▀▀▀███▄
███████▀     ████
███████   ███████
█████        ████
███████   ███████
▀██████   ██████▀
  ▀▀▀▀▀   ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
██    ▄▄▄▄▄ ▀  ██
██   █▀   ▀█   ██
██   █▄   ▄█   ██
██    ▀▀▀▀▀    ██
▀██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▀
  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄
█▄▄      ████████▄
 █████▄▄████████▌
▀██████████████▌
  █████████████
  ▀██████████▀
   ▄▄██████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀

██  ██
  ███████████▄
    ██      ▀█
    ██▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀
    ██▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
    ██      ▄█
  ███████████▀
    ██  ██

▄
       ▄  ▄█▄ ▀█▀      ▄
      ▀█▀  ▀   ▄  ▄█▄ ▀█▀
███▄▄▄        ▀█▀  ▀     ▄▄▄███       ▐█▄    ▄█▌   ▐█▌   █▄    ▐█▌   ████████   █████▄     ██    ▄█████▄▄   ▐█████▌
████████▄▄           ▄▄████████       ▐███▄▄███▌   ▐█▌   ███▄  ▐█▌      ██      █▌  ▀██    ██   ▄██▀   ▀▀   ▐█
███████████▄       ▄███████████       ▐█▌▀██▀▐█▌   ▐█▌   ██▀██▄▐█▌      ██      █▌   ▐█▌   ██   ██          ▐█████▌
 ████████████     ████████████        ▐█▌    ▐█▌   ▐█▌   ██  ▀███▌      ██      █▌  ▄██    ██   ▀██▄   ▄▄   ▐█
  ████████████   ████████████         ▐█▌    ▐█▌   ▐█▌   ██    ▀█▌      ██      █████▀     ██    ▀█████▀▀   ▐█████▌
   ▀███████████ ███████████▀
     ▀███████████████████▀
        ▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀
FIND OUT MORE AT MINTDICE.COM
jayc89

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 11:50:03 AM

TRADER, DEBT, MSP, BIF on CryptoStocks (DEBT have recently voted to move to Coinsortium, BIF are voting now)

There is also Coinsortium itself to checkout - BIG and ORB have been generating a steady volume recently;
https://coinsortium.co/security.php?ticker=BIG
https://coinsortium.co/security.php?ticker=ORB

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
chris45215

Activity: 22

View Profile
August 05, 2014, 02:40:01 AM

I went through couple of posts here and all of them end up with the same conclusion, SCAM after SCAM. Is there any decent crypto related security which is actually worth of investing in?
Is there anything with a decent business plan, a clear statement how to use money collected from investors and a dividend which might provide ROI some time in the future?

Has Bitcoin really become a tool for dishonest people to steal money from the community??? I really hope I am wrong.

I am seriously considering opening my arbitrage program to outside money after my next upgrade, but there would be a handful of unique benefits to any investors:
1: investment may take the form of a bond. So, if I lost the money, I would be held legally liable and my personal property could be taken to repay investors. This is a big deal - there is no way to run away from investors in this scenario. Also, investors would have access to my personal and contact info.
2: All funds, both principal and interest, would be returned simultaneously to all investors on regular cycles. This works well with the bond form of investment, and proves that the investment can't be a ponzi scheme because it's not possible to use Peter's money to pay Paul when both Peter and Paul get their money back at the same time. All investors would be required to submit their deposit address when they first join, so I could ensure that everyone gets their money back exactly as scheduled.
3: Because it's a bond, investors would have a promised return amount, and they would get the amount whether my program is profitable or not. If I don't make profit, then I would pay the interest out of pocket.
4: I would show some of the security precautions over the program - things like professional off-site hosting, encryption, etc.
5: I attend major Bitcoin events and am more than willing to meet potential investors or partners

I wanted to wait for the crazy money and fraudulent HYIP to go away, because there is no way for an honest program to compete with the ridiculous claims of 100% profits in a month that some of those things promised. Unfortunately, almost all of those programs failed and the thieves are nowhere to be found. I expected scammers to be caught and brought to justice and this would discourage future scams, but this has yet to happen.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: