Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 09:39:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BitCrane Announces Black Friday Sale  (Read 19243 times)
ninjaboon
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2014, 11:03:40 PM

great, but wished the price was lower.

Tigggger
Legendary

Activity: 1098
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 03:27:22 PM
Last edit: September 10, 2014, 07:40:46 AM by Tigggger

I can only echo others comments, without doubt one of the best looking miners out there, but at that w/GH rate you are competing with the dragons that are $999 $829, and no amount of style is worth the extra.

In fact the new dragons are only $80 dearer, are 400GH faster and significantly better on w/GH

BitCrane-Tech (OP)

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 02:29:41 PM

Check out the T-110's latest review and rating by CryptoCoinsNews :

http://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/news/review-bitcrane-t-110-1-1-ths-watercooled-bitcoin-asic-miner/2014/08/28

http://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/news/review-bitcrane-t-110-1-1-ths-watercooled-bitcoin-asic-miner/2014/08/28

Tupsu
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 08:52:17 PM

What occurred after eight seconds mining?
Tigggger
Legendary

Activity: 1098

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 09:34:48 PM

What occurred after eight seconds mining?

Eight seconds is how long ago the last share was received by BTCGuild.

-ck
Legendary

Activity: 4144
Merit: 1637

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2014, 10:37:02 PM

Good luck with your new hardware announcement.

Cgminer is governed by the GPL version 3 license which means you are obliged by law to post the source to any modifications you have made to the code such as adding a driver for your hardware, so please post a link to your source code modifications. Thanks.

@ckolivas

Thanks for the reminder.  T-110 uses an unmodified HF's cgminer 4.3.3 and is available on github.
Thank you very much for that information. In that case can I implore you upgrade to the latest cgminer code for there are numerous stability and more importantly security fixes that went in after that version. 4.5.0 is a very stable code base to update to.

Developer/maintainer for cgminer, ckpool/ckproxy, and the -ck kernel
2% Fee Solo mining at solo.ckpool.org
-ck
-ck
Legendary

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
October 17, 2014, 05:42:44 AM

This company is now the latest in a series of unexpected yet welcome turnarounds who have sent me one of their 110S miners to help maintain the driver for them, although I do not believe they are selling them any more (they're not competitive anyway). While I'm not sure whether their next offering will be aimed at the regular miner's market, this existing hardware is very real and I've gotten it working with the latest cgminer from git with the existing hashfast driver without major changes.

-ck
Rabinovitch
Legendary

Activity: 2030
Merit: 1076

BTCLife.global participant

View Profile
October 17, 2014, 10:06:59 AM

So what's the differense between S and simple 110? Less hashrate, less power consumption - is that all?..

p.s. oh, it should be silent now, why not cheaper?..

From Siberia with love! Hosting by Rabinovitch!
Fundraising for BOINC Farm
Пpoфeccиoнaльнo зaнимaюcь paзвёpтывaниeм фepм (ASIC, GPU, BURST, STORJ, Filecoin), oбopyдoвaниeм пoмeщeний для мaйнингa.
-ck
Legendary

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
October 17, 2014, 10:07:24 AM

So what's the differense between S and simple 110? Less hashrate, less power consumption - is that all?..
Quieter.

-ck
PatMan

Activity: 924

Watch out for the "Neg-Rep-Dogie-Police".....

View Profile WWW
October 17, 2014, 12:09:08 PM

This company is now the latest in a series of unexpected yet welcome turnarounds who have sent me one of their 110S miners to help maintain the driver for them, although I do not believe they are selling them any more (they're not competitive anyway). While I'm not sure whether their next offering will be aimed at the regular miner's market, this existing hardware is very real and I've gotten it working with the latest cgminer from git with the existing hashfast driver without major changes.

Excellent news - better late than never eh?  Cheesy

If only all the others would do the same........

"When one person is deluded it is called insanity - when many people are deluded it is called religion" - Robert M. Pirsig.  I don't want your coins, I want change.
Amazon UK BTC payment service - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=301229.0 - with FREE delivery!
http://www.ae911truth.org/ - http://rethink911.org/ - http://rememberbuilding7.org/
Bicknellski

View Profile
October 17, 2014, 12:14:43 PM

Anyone own these miners?

Like I mean an actually paying customer.  Grin

Want to get some feedback from them on the experiences with this company.

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
bolehvpn

Activity: 136
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
October 20, 2014, 02:24:30 AM
Last edit: October 20, 2014, 02:54:52 AM by bolehvpn

Anyone own these miners?

Like I mean an actually paying customer.  Grin

Hi I am an actual paying customer. For full disclosure one of my gadget companies GeekZen is also now an authorized distributor of BitCrane as well. I only entered into the distributorship after I had purchased the miners myself and was happy with it.

I have bought two of these units mainly for fun as a BitCoin enthusiast and I wanted to be an owner of one of these sweet machines. To be honest, the reason why I bought two was because I wanted to use their EZ Stack system.

I made a video of this as well which I just uploaded today.

http://youtu.be/OCaC9v_XyUw

Shipping

Super fast shipping and they really make it a point to get them out as fast as possible. When there was a China public holiday upcoming, they did their best to rush it out and send it to their courier before they closed for the holidays (and kept me informed throughout the process).

Setup

Setup is as painless as it can be and is almost plug and play beyond the setting of IP and pools. DHCP is still not an option with these miners due to a lack of a LCD (which should be incorporated given the premium price point).

Hashing Speed

Hashing is stable at 1075-1095. No issues reported with a variety of pools. Slight loss with P2Pool (but what miner doesn't lose speed on P2Pool nowadays).

These things run super hot and in an air conditioned environment run about 85C according to the interface which is pretty safe according to BitCrane. The chips are safe until about the 110C mark after which it will shutdown and reboot the miner. Air coming out of it is actually not that hot probably due to the water cooling system.

Hardware error rates (if DH is what it means) is about a stable ~0.14%

Interface

Simple and fuss free. Their own custom interface which displays just the necessary. No password protection however.

Uses a Cubieboard controller with SSH access available and unlocked.

Noise Level

Noise level is average for a miner, the T110 doesn't have any dynamic fan control unlike its brother the T110S and therefore runs at a fixed noise level. Quieter than an A1 Dragon miner. The T110S is a slightly lower clocked version (around 900+ gh) with dynamic fan control and better power efficiency and quieter hashing (due to the lower clock) and has full CE certifications for the home. I haven't tried the T110S personally though.

The T110 will not bother you if you put it in a separate room.

Support

The support provided is very good. I ran into a problem with one of my units whereby one of the hashboards was not properly being detected. The guys at BitCrane teamviewered me and had a really fast response time. The issue was pinpointed to one of the water cooling heads thermal paste being not so evenly spread and hence one of the chips was overheating. According to them, this was the first time they've encountered such an issue. Since I've reapplied the thermal paste with Prolimatech PK-3, temperatures have been stable and low and no issues with hashing. One of the best if not the best support I've experienced from a BitCoin mining machine company. They've also informed me they're looking into their thermal paste application process (which is done by machine) to avoid such problems in the future.

Design

The design is really gorgeous. The EZ Stack system is pretty simple but innovative and allows it to be stacked up to 4 high. However it does result in a slight increase of temperature for those units being stacked under due to one of the side vents being obstructed. It shouldn't pose an issue though.

Summary

I would highly recommend adding them to the manufacturer trustworthiness guide as a stand up provider with a proven ship record. I have also sold a few units as well and all my customers received their miners without incident and very quickly.

My only complaint would be that they are rather expensive and that the warranty doesn't bear the cost of shipping back to China (unlike Bitmain). The build quality however is pretty amazing and the amount of thought they put into the design is outstanding. I am looking forward to their new miners which should be just around the corner.

If you're after profit solely, then these not miners are not for you of course (as are most miners if not all miners on the market right now not being profitable) but if you're after a solidly built miner from a reliable company, then I would recommend them highly. With all the other miner manufacturers cutting cost, it is refreshing to see a manufacturer that bucks that trend and insists on putting out quality products. It is actually quite sad sight to see when previously good companies cut corners such as the Dragon A1 miners steadily declining quality and Bitmain's recent issues with their S4 but it is understandable given that they want to get miners out as cheaply as possible to increase the chance of ROI. For those of us who are in it for the fun of it and want a solidly built machine that you'll feel proud to own, BitCrane is an excellent choice.

I was not paid for this review nor given any free units.

I have personally tested, bought and used several versions of A1 miners (From LKTec, Bit-Winkor and FZ49), ASICMiner Block Erupter Cube and Tube miners, Bitmain (S1, S2, S3 and S4) so have a good basis of comparison.

BolehVPN [Offshore, no log VPN|Accepts BTC, DASH and XEM]
bgibso01
Legendary

Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 20, 2014, 02:45:11 AM

Love to have a few when they get competitive.
vipgelsi
Legendary

Activity: 1736

View Profile
October 20, 2014, 02:48:33 AM

Love to have a few when they get competitive.

Also looking to get some. But after the bitcoin price rises a little more.
xstr8guy

Activity: 784
Merit: 1004

Glow Stick Dance!

View Profile
October 20, 2014, 02:59:32 AM

$1300 for 1THs is so 6 months ago! Lol. Who on earth would pay that much these days? You can buy an S4 and get 2THs for the same price.
bgibso01
Legendary

View Profile
October 20, 2014, 03:07:19 AM

$1300 for 1THs is so 6 months ago! Lol. Who on earth would pay that much these days? You can buy an S4 and get 2THs for the same price.

That's why I'm waiting.  Even the S4 with a coupon is still a little overpriced.  You can pick up used Dragons in the $400ish range, so $800-900 should be the sweet spot.  But what do I know, Bitmain seems to be doing well.
bolehvpn

View Profile WWW
October 20, 2014, 03:12:33 AM

Yup as mentioned they're not price competitive now but I understand that they are releasing their new miners soon that will be more price competitive but would still be aimed at the premium segment.

But then again, we have people still buying pre-orders far into the future...and some would argue, buying miners in general is a bad idea if you're into ROI.

My experience with S4s have unfortunately not been good and no one has replied to my request for the PSU replacement.
Watch your ROI go up literally in smoke: http://youtu.be/uiZPOZcI20o

Also one of friends who bought a S4 from me as well is having dead ASIC chips Sad and these reports do not appear to be isolated. The S3 was a much more solid launch.

For some people, they just want to say 'hey I mine BitCoin' and for those sort of people, this miner is perfect but I would personally wait till their next gen which should come pretty soon.

I really don't like Dragons A1, their behaviour with certain pools can be finicky and you have to play with difficulty. Their cgminer is outdated and probably will never be updated. Support is shit. The PSU quality has dropped as well and if you open up the innards, it just screams CHEAP. It does its job of course and that's what it's supposed to do, work in farms...without care of noise level or nice interfaces or support of a variety of pools. But for home miners, it probably isn't the best choice.

bolehvpn

View Profile WWW
October 20, 2014, 04:11:12 AM

Here's an idea on the hashing stability on one of these.

6 hour chart of hashing speed.

Redline is 1.1th and black line is moving average.

Bicknellski

View Profile
October 20, 2014, 01:09:15 PM

Anyone own these miners?

Like I mean an actually paying customer.  Grin

Still no one who is a "real" consumer?

I guess no one wants these as they are way over priced. Mind you what isn't these days?

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
dogie
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
October 20, 2014, 10:15:02 PM

This company's rating has been added to the Manufacturer Trustworthiness thread.

[This message won't be monitored, discuss your concerns in the thread.]

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: