Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 11:39:17 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: We already passed the tipping point of BTC  (Read 14162 times)
MasterOwel

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

Life is my dream, what is yours?

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 09:54:09 PM

I honestly believe that once we break the 10k Barrier, the price will increase exponentially afterwards...20k and 30k will be quick to fall.

This is probably true, because if people don't see the worth in them until then, they will certainly understand the worth when you have five digits on the line.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
leex1528

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 01:04:17 PM

I honestly believe that once we break the 10k Barrier, the price will increase exponentially afterwards...20k and 30k will be quick to fall.

I really really hope you are correct....But I think the price will stay around $100-1200 for eternity...Or until inflation catches it(If it survives that long) and then the price might go up a bit.

I really really hope I am wrong though.
LiteCoinGuy (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1010

In Satoshi I Trust

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2014, 01:06:32 PM

Soon enough, we will all be bitcoin millionaires.

10-20 BTC is all you need to have at least a million $ worth.

But at that point, it would be stupid to cash out. Just spend the BTC itself, and invest it to keep yourself perpetually wealthy.

I always wonder what would happen if BTC goes to 1000 then 5000 then 10000 ect until 500000. Most people now say they would hold BTC forever, but I think everyone has a point, where he would cashout a biiiig chunk of his holdings.

Like your 10-20 BTC amount. Do you really think people could withstand the temptation of selling at 10000 USD?

correct. thats a valid point. 90% would sell when btc hits 2000, 3000 USD or even 10k - hell, most people wine when btc price goes down 5-10%! do you think people wont sell at 2000 USD then Roll Eyes ? of course most people will.

you have to think stragetic and need balls of steel when you resist here.

wiggi

Activity: 403
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 03:43:21 PM

Some people are diversifying as much as they can. Always afraid they could miss 'the next big thing'. The next 30x Litecoin bubble or something alike. I sometimes wonder whether it is all those altcoins that actually drain BTC's power nowadays!
I think people diversify when bitcoin is up, right now it's still flight to safety.

Altcoin market cap (all altcoins compared with bitcoin) is constant or still shrinking, at about 5%.
This was >10% at the end of 2013, and like 1% in the old times when bitcoin was at 10$.

Could be a good sentiment indicator...
DannyElfman

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 03:45:58 PM

But at that point, it would be stupid to cash out. Just spend the BTC itself, and invest it to keep yourself perpetually wealthy.

I always wonder what would happen if BTC goes to 1000 then 5000 then 10000 ect until 500000. Most people now say they would hold BTC forever, but I think everyone has a point, where he would cashout a biiiig chunk of his holdings.

Like your 10-20 BTC amount. Do you really think people could withstand the temptation of selling at 10000 USD?

correct. thats a valid point. 90% would sell when btc hits 2000, 3000 USD or even 10k - hell, most people wine when btc price goes down 5-10%! do you think people wont sell at 2000 USD then Roll Eyes ? of course most people will.

That is one reason I am currently trying to "time-lock" my BTC. To overcome to strong urge to sell everything and be set for live at xxxx$ price. But it doesn't seem to be very easy to do...

This spot for rent.
Serby

Activity: 91

View Profile
August 10, 2014, 08:46:53 PM

First things first, You have anything to hold when the average joe realizes there's a lot of money to make and the speculative bubble explodes. That's the problem when a lot of people want to make a lot of money.

Second, the next PC revolution will virtually destroy BTC, and every other crypto-currencies in the process. It will bring power to everyone, call me an optimist. The next two revolutions I'm talking about, we may be not be living to witness them, but we will be seen as the pioneers who made made them happen. Our grand children will thank us for that, not necessarily for the meaningless BTC.

BTC is nothing more than a desperate attempt for Americans to invest their savings when the petro-dollar no longer exists; fucking my word, it's all over the news.
e1ghtSpace
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001

Crypto since 2014

View Profile WWW
August 10, 2014, 09:58:02 PM

Bitcoin had 4 tenfold growth bubbles so far it has 4 more

.05 cents start
.50 cents first tenfold bubble
5.00  next tenfold bubble
50.00 next tenfold bubble
500.00 our current bubble

next bubbles

5k bitcoin
50K bitcoin
500K bitcoin

for 5K to happen you need ONLY.1% acceptance of world pop for btc, we are at .01% now

50K is just 1% of gwp by btc produces 50K bubble
Wow, so if 1/100 people in the world use bitcoin, it'll be $50 000 a pop! That would be a dream come true.
Gargulan

Activity: 231
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 10, 2014, 10:04:30 PM

This kind of prove a point Fiat currency still have value. Investors are keeping BTC in hope that it will go up in price so they can cash out for "FIAT".

teknohog

Activity: 519
Merit: 252

View Profile WWW
August 10, 2014, 11:00:00 PM

USD is inflationary. Throwing all these dreamy BTC/USD rates around doesn't help if/when USD itself is crashing. Maybe we'll live to see the $10000 pizza, but hopefully by that time we'll be all using better currencies (not necessarily BTC).

world famous math art | masternodes are bad, mmmkay?
Every sha(sha(sha(sha()))), every ho-o-o-old, still shines
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3710
Merit: 10227

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 01:28:23 AM

First things first, You have anything to hold when the average joe realizes there's a lot of money to make and the speculative bubble explodes. That's the problem when a lot of people want to make a lot of money.

Second, the next PC revolution will virtually destroy BTC, and every other crypto-currencies in the process. It will bring power to everyone, call me an optimist. The next two revolutions I'm talking about, we may be not be living to witness them, but we will be seen as the pioneers who made made them happen. Our grand children will thank us for that, not necessarily for the meaningless BTC.

BTC is nothing more than a desperate attempt for Americans to invest their savings when the petro-dollar no longer exists; fucking my word, it's all over the news.

Shocked Shocked   You are off to a great start with your first post, here.   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

NOT    Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy   Tongue Tongue

1) Self-Custody is a right.  There is no such thing as "non-custodial" or "un-hosted."  2) ESG, KYC & AML are attack-vectors on Bitcoin to be avoided or minimized.  3) How much alt (shit)coin diversification is necessary? if you are into Bitcoin, then 0%......if you cannot control your gambling, then perhaps limit your alt(shit)coin exposure to less than 10% of your bitcoin size...Put BTC here: bc1q49wt0ddnj07wzzp6z7affw9ven7fztyhevqu9k
Mobius

Activity: 988
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 04:33:34 AM

That is one reason I am currently trying to "time-lock" my BTC. To overcome to strong urge to sell everything and be set for live at xxxx$ price. But it doesn't seem to be very easy to do...
This is really not a good idea. If for some reason you need the money/BTC for an emergency then you would not have access to it. If you really want to have your BTC safe from those kind of urges then you should develop a written plan to spell out under what exact circumstances that you will sell your bitcoin. They should include situations when you need money regardless of what bitcoin is trading at the time.
Serby

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 06:52:33 AM

Shocked Shocked   You are off to a great start with your first post, here.   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

NOT    Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy   Tongue Tongue

Wishful thinking, first post or not, great start or not, if you don't like my posts, don't respond to them. I say I said BTC is doomed, a piece of fucking shit. What you dreamed you taught me a lesson, LOL
Serby

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 07:01:50 AM

Third post: I'm all for the discussion, everyone else can else can go kick rocks.
counter

Activity: 798
Merit: 500

Time is on our side, yes it is!

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 07:04:27 AM

I'm of the same opinion as the OP.  It's like bitcoin is approaching a new level of growth that has yet to be comprehended IMO.  I think people need to be extra careful with their coins because the scammers are on full alert I have no doubt.
Serby

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 08:58:17 AM

I'm of the same opinion as the OP.  It's like bitcoin is approaching a new level of growth that has yet to be comprehended IMO.  I think people need to be extra careful with their coins because the scammers are on full alert I have no doubt.

Scammers are on full alert b/c they're fully aware that BTC is stealable. Now, hackers can easily break into your pen drive,  security protections for Pc users, firewalls and anti virus protections are useless against such hackers exploits.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 10:27:38 AM

Shocked Shocked   You are off to a great start with your first post, here.   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

NOT    Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy   Tongue Tongue

Wishful thinking, first post or not, great start or not, if you don't like my posts, don't respond to them. I say I said BTC is doomed, a piece of fucking shit. What you dreamed you taught me a lesson, LOL

I did not say that I did NOT like your first post, and even if I did NOT like your first post, I can still respond to it.

So, WTVER.

YOU can come and troll if you like and NOT add value if you like and people may or may NOT respond to your posts; however, those present and/or future posts turn out to be.

So far, out of the two posts of yours that I have read, they do NOT seem to add much value to our discussion; however, maybe other people or trolls, may appreciate your apparently NONSUBSTANTIVE and emotionally laden input???

1) Self-Custody is a right.  There is no such thing as "non-custodial" or "un-hosted."  2) ESG, KYC & AML are attack-vectors on Bitcoin to be avoided or minimized.  3) How much alt (shit)coin diversification is necessary? if you are into Bitcoin, then 0%......if you cannot control your gambling, then perhaps limit your alt(shit)coin exposure to less than 10% of your bitcoin size...Put BTC here: bc1q49wt0ddnj07wzzp6z7affw9ven7fztyhevqu9k
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 10:31:54 AM

yeah... agreed... as BTC increases in value.. which is likely to continue... there will be more and more methods and means to separate peeps from their coins.

BTCevo
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1008

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 10:42:15 AM

Probably the only thing that will keep bitcoin alive is the illegal side of things Roll Eyes
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 10:54:02 AM

Probably the only thing that will keep bitcoin alive is the illegal side of things Roll Eyes

That "illegal side" is kind of what got BTC going, but that"illegal side" does NOT seem to be what is currently sustaining BTC prices in the upper $500s.  Do you have statistics to show us?  or a link(s)?

BTCevo
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1008

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 10:56:20 AM

That "illegal side" is kind of what got BTC going, but that"illegal side" does NOT seem to be what is currently sustaining BTC prices in the upper $500s.  Do you have statistics to show us?  or a link(s)?

Its just my opinion based on my observations in general, not something I can reference with statistics or a link. Smiley
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: