Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 06:50:09 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Coins Source's TrustIndex | *Original* and *Most Trusted* Developer Vetting  (Read 8943 times)
tk808 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1124

Invest in your knowledge

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 03:45:15 PM
Last edit: August 23, 2014, 04:45:39 AM by tk808

New technology opens new markets, and throughout history, every growing, innovative market must respond to the nuisance of scammers, opportunists, and other dishonest actors. The next step in the response to the influx of cryptocurrency scammers is here. The Coins Source Trust Index provides a reliable signal to potential investors evaluating the trustworthiness of a cryptocurrency.

The Coins Source Trust Index separates the developers willing to be accountable for their work from the scam coin “developers” that rely on anonymity to steal hundreds of BTC from trusting investors. Because anonymity is highly valuable for even legitimate parties, Coins Source will never release personal information disclosed in the Trust Index verification process. The Trust Index will not indicate who exactly is behind a coin, but will act as a trusted third-party guaranteeing that each coin with a Trust Index rating is being developed by a real person with no known history of fraudulent activity.

Coins Source is a registered corporation in the state of California and a BitcoinTalk funded project that has proven it ability to use investor funds productively and prudently. The mission of Coins Source from the very beginning has been to inform, help, and assist digital currency traders and enthusiasts. The Trust Index is the next logical step in continuing to fulfill that mission.
Read the official Press Release

Looking to get verified? Contact Us: Trustindex@coinssource.com

Tompa

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 03:47:05 PM

Great idea! I like it!
BTMan

Activity: 126

BTMan

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 03:57:20 PM

good idea.

ANN Monitor System http://ann.ymq123.com  (chrome Or IE7-IE9)
Donation BTC: 1F4zvgxAqpbCktYp8oKeupjY2oL3JWVFa3      QQ Group: 229207518
ANN监控系统创世帖 https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=657764.0
delphs

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 03:59:53 PM

this is the first proper proposal I've seen so far, it's not asking for stupid shit and looks like a system everybody could get being, truly impressed!

BTC: 1JB4Gq82DM3WUsdkU3TPzU2haFbxCJgJss / WC: WT8gbDPdQUcjDq6gWg9N7w3q4AazUAy3g7 / WDC: WkzvC4YVC3nCzDW9BhFLtWk7YJhtgXQR6G / Addie: delphs Rep Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=397706.0
djm34
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1050

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2014, 04:01:46 PM

how much do you take as a bribe to declare a dev trustworthy ?
Why would we trust you  ?  Who will control you and make sure you aren't doing any funny business
(like blackmailing coin dev for example... accepting bribes Grin)
 Who made you crypto regulator ?   Grin

It is cryptoworld, everything is possible even what I just wrote  Grin
So no thanks...  for me you will be acting just like one more source of disinformation and of manipulation.
(and this isn't against you, but the principle and everything which comes with it)

djm34 facebook page
BTC: 1NENYmxwZGHsKFmyjTc5WferTn5VTFb7Ze
Pledge for neoscrypt ccminer to that address: 16UoC4DmTz2pvhFvcfTQrzkPTrXkWijzXw
cassius69

Activity: 280

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 04:02:28 PM

we would have to trust u first.

and we dont.

SerMeric

Activity: 307

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 04:06:29 PM

Thats a great idea! It must br a criteria for coins and their developers. If the coin developer has a rank in this system the coin will be trustworthy. Thats really great great idea and this forum deffinitely need it.
tk808 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1124

Invest in your knowledge

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 04:09:59 PM

Why would we trust you  ?  Who will control you and make sure you aren't doing any funny business

Yes, this question has a lot of merit! If i wasn't the founder for Coins Source, i'd be asking the same question you just asked.

What makes us trustworthy, its simply the amount of transparency, reputation and history we have in the crypto climate. If you've ever visted Coins Source, you will see the amount of effort and work we've put into our site to help crypto investors/traders and newcomers.

The best part is we are actually a Bitcointalk funded company ourselves, we've taken investments from people just like you and have ultimately created CoinsSource.com, and have been on the move to make a difference.

We are not here to profit, we aren't here to scam. We hold our reputation to the highest integrity, transparency and above all else, our fundamental philosphy that got Coins Source started, was helping people.

Please view our site, and our history with our users.

Site: www.coinssource.com
ANN Thread/IPO Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=572303.0
Signature Promotion Payouts: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=665860.msg8036227#msg8036227
SourceCoin Stake: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=688494.0
View our Twitter: https://twitter.com/CoinsSource
About Us: www.coinssource.com/about

Our just come chat with us on IRC Smiley http://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=coinssource
HulkingTauren

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 04:16:06 PM

So no thanks...  for me you will be acting just like one more source of disinformation and of manipulation.
(and this isn't against you, but the principle and everything which comes with it)

Agree, the idea of central authority simply won't fly.  Not matter how trustable it looks like
robinf

Activity: 252

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 04:03:15 AM

good idea
good new
good job

Bitcycle

Activity: 420

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 04:06:16 AM

Agree, the idea of central authority simply won't fly.  Not matter how trustable it looks like

Percent by which this system is better than the current system-   100000000000000000000000000000000000000% better.

LOL1993

Activity: 132

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 04:15:10 AM

that's a good idea Grin you are a genius!
networkcoinage

Activity: 64
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
August 01, 2014, 04:16:21 AM

This is an excellent idea and was a long time coming! Scammers beware!

Rofo
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
August 01, 2014, 04:23:57 AM

What makes us trustworthy, its simply the amount of transparency, reputation and history we have in the crypto climate.

Are your personal details somewhere I can see since I don't get access to any of the team/developer insider info?

Edit: Nevermind found some, nice start.

trademark
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1003

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 04:34:15 AM

This is a great idea, but say a developer gets verified as a trusted developer but then decides to scam anyways. Will you then release his/her personal information to the public?
networkcoinage

Activity: 64
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
August 01, 2014, 04:47:13 AM

This is a great idea, but say a developer gets verified as a trusted developer but then decides to scam anyways. Will you then release his/her personal information to the public?

I believe I saw that addressed in the FAQ section: http://www.coinssource.com/trustindex-faq/

MultiSig

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 04:48:37 AM

We support this project.
judgecrypto

Activity: 238

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 04:53:29 AM
Last edit: August 01, 2014, 05:04:41 AM by judgecrypto

Some thoughts about this verification.

First of all I initially liked the idea.  I had already posted my info on my website before this even came up.  However the process so far is a little sloppy.

1) I signed up for $30.00 per month.
2) I sent an email to trustindex@coinssource.com with questions
3) The email came back as a form letter response with no answer to my questions
4) My profile on website shows no way to track my verification process
5) CoinsSource.com is a PRIVATE whois registration?!?! and you want my drivers license?

I am about to cancel my subscription as this is looking very half rate.

Judge Crypto

EDIT: Having to fork 30.00 per month just to have someone check this info once is not worth it.  Some reputable site can set something like this up for free as a service.

Activity: 139

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 05:15:36 AM

Man!!!!Where you get this idea!!It's good!
judgecrypto

Activity: 238

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 05:33:19 AM

Some thoughts about this verification.

First of all I initially liked the idea.  I had already posted my info on my website before this even came up.  However the process so far is a little sloppy.

1) I signed up for $30.00 per month.
2) I sent an email to trustindex@coinssource.com with questions
3) The email came back as a form letter response with no answer to my questions
4) My profile on website shows no way to track my verification process
5) CoinsSource.com is a PRIVATE whois registration?!?! and you want my drivers license?

I am about to cancel my subscription as this is looking very half rate.

Judge Crypto

EDIT: Having to fork 30.00 per month just to have someone check this info once is not worth it.  Some reputable site can set something like this up for free as a service.

Apologies, we've overlooked the emails questions and merely just shot back with the verification process without taking the time read through your email. We stated in the email we needed personal information, but it wasn't clear.

THe payment is just 1 time, you are getting a premium membership service which offers insight into the markets. If there's anything i can personally do to assist you with this matter don't hesitate to contact me directly on Skype: Anaxai9, PM me or email.

But again, the verification is just one time, for life, you don't have to pay monthly for this. We will be incorporating new measures soon, and that will come free of charge for you.

We'd be more then happy to refund your money and verify you anyways.

Edit: Again, i offer my sincerest apologies.

Yes, I would appreciate a refund as the site implies you have to sign up for a subscription to be verified.  

My concern as someone releasing additional information is that you should publish how that data will be safeguarded.  I work in IT.  Health care data that is held has stringent standards like HIPAA.  Banks must comply with PCI.  Sending personal data over email is inviting identity theft.  If your email account is compromised then every developer will be subject to identity theft.  How long will the data be stored? Forever? Where is the written guidelines of how the information will be used?  If people claim scam will you release the developer information to anyone?  Maintaining personal data is a huge responsibility.  Please think about your legal responsibilities.

Why do I need a personal Facebook or twitter to be verified? That makes no sense to me and is unfair if I don't want my personal life exposed.  Some of us choose not to have personal social media sites.

Financial sites have ways of verifying identity though questions about your credit report.  You should look at using a paid service that can verify identity without holding developer information.

Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: