Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 07:33:56 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: 1 2 3 [All]
  Print  
Author Topic: Coins Source's TrustIndex | *Original* and *Most Trusted* Developer Vetting  (Read 8943 times)
tk808 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1124

Invest in your knowledge

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 03:45:15 PM
Last edit: August 23, 2014, 04:45:39 AM by tk808

New technology opens new markets, and throughout history, every growing, innovative market must respond to the nuisance of scammers, opportunists, and other dishonest actors. The next step in the response to the influx of cryptocurrency scammers is here. The Coins Source Trust Index provides a reliable signal to potential investors evaluating the trustworthiness of a cryptocurrency.

The Coins Source Trust Index separates the developers willing to be accountable for their work from the scam coin “developers” that rely on anonymity to steal hundreds of BTC from trusting investors. Because anonymity is highly valuable for even legitimate parties, Coins Source will never release personal information disclosed in the Trust Index verification process. The Trust Index will not indicate who exactly is behind a coin, but will act as a trusted third-party guaranteeing that each coin with a Trust Index rating is being developed by a real person with no known history of fraudulent activity.

Coins Source is a registered corporation in the state of California and a BitcoinTalk funded project that has proven it ability to use investor funds productively and prudently. The mission of Coins Source from the very beginning has been to inform, help, and assist digital currency traders and enthusiasts. The Trust Index is the next logical step in continuing to fulfill that mission.
Read the official Press Release

Looking to get verified? Contact Us: Trustindex@coinssource.com

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Tompa

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 03:47:05 PM

Great idea! I like it!
BTMan

Activity: 126

BTMan

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 03:57:20 PM

good idea.

ANN Monitor System http://ann.ymq123.com  (chrome Or IE7-IE9)
Donation BTC: 1F4zvgxAqpbCktYp8oKeupjY2oL3JWVFa3      QQ Group: 229207518
ANN监控系统创世帖 https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=657764.0
delphs

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 03:59:53 PM

this is the first proper proposal I've seen so far, it's not asking for stupid shit and looks like a system everybody could get being, truly impressed!

BTC: 1JB4Gq82DM3WUsdkU3TPzU2haFbxCJgJss / WC: WT8gbDPdQUcjDq6gWg9N7w3q4AazUAy3g7 / WDC: WkzvC4YVC3nCzDW9BhFLtWk7YJhtgXQR6G / Addie: delphs Rep Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=397706.0
djm34
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1050

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2014, 04:01:46 PM

how much do you take as a bribe to declare a dev trustworthy ?
Why would we trust you  ?  Who will control you and make sure you aren't doing any funny business
(like blackmailing coin dev for example... accepting bribes Grin)
 Who made you crypto regulator ?   Grin

It is cryptoworld, everything is possible even what I just wrote  Grin
So no thanks...  for me you will be acting just like one more source of disinformation and of manipulation.
(and this isn't against you, but the principle and everything which comes with it)

djm34 facebook page
BTC: 1NENYmxwZGHsKFmyjTc5WferTn5VTFb7Ze
Pledge for neoscrypt ccminer to that address: 16UoC4DmTz2pvhFvcfTQrzkPTrXkWijzXw
cassius69

Activity: 280

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 04:02:28 PM

we would have to trust u first.

and we dont.

SerMeric

Activity: 307

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 04:06:29 PM

Thats a great idea! It must br a criteria for coins and their developers. If the coin developer has a rank in this system the coin will be trustworthy. Thats really great great idea and this forum deffinitely need it.
tk808 (OP)
Legendary

Invest in your knowledge

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 04:09:59 PM

Why would we trust you  ?  Who will control you and make sure you aren't doing any funny business

Yes, this question has a lot of merit! If i wasn't the founder for Coins Source, i'd be asking the same question you just asked.

What makes us trustworthy, its simply the amount of transparency, reputation and history we have in the crypto climate. If you've ever visted Coins Source, you will see the amount of effort and work we've put into our site to help crypto investors/traders and newcomers.

The best part is we are actually a Bitcointalk funded company ourselves, we've taken investments from people just like you and have ultimately created CoinsSource.com, and have been on the move to make a difference.

We are not here to profit, we aren't here to scam. We hold our reputation to the highest integrity, transparency and above all else, our fundamental philosphy that got Coins Source started, was helping people.

Please view our site, and our history with our users.

Site: www.coinssource.com
ANN Thread/IPO Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=572303.0
Signature Promotion Payouts: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=665860.msg8036227#msg8036227
SourceCoin Stake: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=688494.0
View our Twitter: https://twitter.com/CoinsSource
About Us: www.coinssource.com/about

Our just come chat with us on IRC Smiley http://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=coinssource
HulkingTauren

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 04:16:06 PM

So no thanks...  for me you will be acting just like one more source of disinformation and of manipulation.
(and this isn't against you, but the principle and everything which comes with it)

Agree, the idea of central authority simply won't fly.  Not matter how trustable it looks like
robinf

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 04:03:15 AM

good idea
good new
good job

Bitcycle

Activity: 420

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 04:06:16 AM

Agree, the idea of central authority simply won't fly.  Not matter how trustable it looks like

Percent by which this system is better than the current system-   100000000000000000000000000000000000000% better.

LOL1993

Activity: 132

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 04:15:10 AM

that's a good idea Grin you are a genius!
networkcoinage

Activity: 64
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
August 01, 2014, 04:16:21 AM

This is an excellent idea and was a long time coming! Scammers beware!

Rofo
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
August 01, 2014, 04:23:57 AM

What makes us trustworthy, its simply the amount of transparency, reputation and history we have in the crypto climate.

Are your personal details somewhere I can see since I don't get access to any of the team/developer insider info?

Edit: Nevermind found some, nice start.

trademark
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1003

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 04:34:15 AM

This is a great idea, but say a developer gets verified as a trusted developer but then decides to scam anyways. Will you then release his/her personal information to the public?
networkcoinage

View Profile WWW
August 01, 2014, 04:47:13 AM

This is a great idea, but say a developer gets verified as a trusted developer but then decides to scam anyways. Will you then release his/her personal information to the public?

I believe I saw that addressed in the FAQ section: http://www.coinssource.com/trustindex-faq/

MultiSig

Activity: 28

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 04:48:37 AM

We support this project.
judgecrypto

Activity: 238

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 04:53:29 AM
Last edit: August 01, 2014, 05:04:41 AM by judgecrypto

Some thoughts about this verification.

First of all I initially liked the idea.  I had already posted my info on my website before this even came up.  However the process so far is a little sloppy.

1) I signed up for $30.00 per month.
2) I sent an email to trustindex@coinssource.com with questions
3) The email came back as a form letter response with no answer to my questions
4) My profile on website shows no way to track my verification process
5) CoinsSource.com is a PRIVATE whois registration?!?! and you want my drivers license?

I am about to cancel my subscription as this is looking very half rate.

Judge Crypto

EDIT: Having to fork 30.00 per month just to have someone check this info once is not worth it.  Some reputable site can set something like this up for free as a service.

Activity: 139

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 05:15:36 AM

Man!!!!Where you get this idea!!It's good!
judgecrypto

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 05:33:19 AM

First of all I initially liked the idea.  I had already posted my info on my website before this even came up.  However the process so far is a little sloppy.

5) CoinsSource.com is a PRIVATE whois registration?!?! and you want my drivers license?

Judge Crypto

EDIT: Having to fork 30.00 per month just to have someone check this info once is not worth it.  Some reputable site can set something like this up for free as a service.

Apologies, we've overlooked the emails questions and merely just shot back with the verification process without taking the time read through your email. We stated in the email we needed personal information, but it wasn't clear.

THe payment is just 1 time, you are getting a premium membership service which offers insight into the markets. If there's anything i can personally do to assist you with this matter don't hesitate to contact me directly on Skype: Anaxai9, PM me or email.

But again, the verification is just one time, for life, you don't have to pay monthly for this. We will be incorporating new measures soon, and that will come free of charge for you.

We'd be more then happy to refund your money and verify you anyways.

Edit: Again, i offer my sincerest apologies.

Yes, I would appreciate a refund as the site implies you have to sign up for a subscription to be verified.  

My concern as someone releasing additional information is that you should publish how that data will be safeguarded.  I work in IT.  Health care data that is held has stringent standards like HIPAA.  Banks must comply with PCI.  Sending personal data over email is inviting identity theft.  If your email account is compromised then every developer will be subject to identity theft.  How long will the data be stored? Forever? Where is the written guidelines of how the information will be used?  If people claim scam will you release the developer information to anyone?  Maintaining personal data is a huge responsibility.  Please think about your legal responsibilities.

Why do I need a personal Facebook or twitter to be verified? That makes no sense to me and is unfair if I don't want my personal life exposed.  Some of us choose not to have personal social media sites.

Financial sites have ways of verifying identity though questions about your credit report.  You should look at using a paid service that can verify identity without holding developer information.

MultiSig

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 05:39:32 AM

Judge Crypto

I'm really liking this Judge Crypto guy. The only way to make it fair is to make it free. I don't mind sending you my drivers license. I mind the exclusion of poor people.  Scamcoin devs now have a massive bankroll.

Money talks, innovation walks. This needs fixing.
judgecrypto

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 05:40:55 AM

Judge Crypto

The email clearly stated your person information, not proxy "JudgeCoin" information. If we verified developers proxy information, it would render the entire trust useless.

Edit: And no, this is a 1 time promo fee. Your verification is for life, the premium membership is a bonus ontop of your verification. This comes with new incorporation and security checks for free when we implement them.

If you need any assistance, there are over 8 different ways you can get in touch with a Coins Source Team member. All our communication channels are readily open and accessible to anyone and everyone.

My Personal Skype: Anaxai
My Personal Email: Thamed@coinssource.com

So, I look back at the response and the answer is completely re-written.  
judgecrypto

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 05:44:46 AM

Online Privacy Protection Act of 2003 - California Business and Professions Code sections 22575-22579. This law requires operators of commercial web sites or online services that collect personal information on California residents through a web site to conspicuously post a privacy policy on the site and to comply with its policy. The privacy policy must, among other things, identify the categories of personally identifiable information collected about site visitors and the categories of third parties with whom the operator may share the information. The privacy policy must also provide information on the operator’s online tracking practices. An operator is in violation for failure to post a policy within 30 days of being notified of noncompliance, or if the operator either knowingly and willfully or negligently and materially fails to comply with the provisions of its policy. This law takes effect July 1, 2004.

This is CALIFORNIA LAW.  What state are you operating out of?
networkcoinage

View Profile WWW
August 01, 2014, 05:47:09 AM

Of course, everything should be free...I suppose neither one of you devs that are protesting have anything to gain from your hard work?

judgecrypto

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 05:52:02 AM

Of course, everything should be free...I suppose neither one of you devs that are protesting have anything to gain from your hard work?

The cost is scammy because of the way they word it.

From their website "Once you are a Premium Member, please send an email to TrustIndex@coinssource.com to begin the scoring process. "  It is not a one time fee.  It is a subscription.  This seems like a scammy way to make monthly income.

My primary concern is that an anonymous person or entity is collecting personal information without any sort of personal information policy which shows a complete lack of understanding regarding the legal responsibilities of collecting such information.
judgecrypto

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 05:57:11 AM

Online Privacy Protection Act of 2003 - California Business and Professions Code sections 22575-22579. This law requires operators of commercial web sites or online services that collect personal information on California residents through a web site to conspicuously post a privacy policy on the site and to comply with its policy. The privacy policy must, among other things, identify the categories of personally identifiable information collected about site visitors and the categories of third parties with whom the operator may share the information. The privacy policy must also provide information on the operator’s online tracking practices. An operator is in violation for failure to post a policy within 30 days of being notified of noncompliance, or if the operator either knowingly and willfully or negligently and materially fails to comply with the provisions of its policy. This law takes effect July 1, 2004.

This is CALIFORNIA LAW.  What state are you operating out of?

This law has nothing to do with our service. We are not collecting any information from our users then ordinary IP addresses and the generic forums of any website data.

This is a paid service to verify the identity of the developers, this is a service not a mandatory collection from our users.
Just because you are unable to get verified with us, do to your reluctance to share you idenity, does not mean you should go on a rampage.

We are more then happy to refund your money, just let us know.

I want to know how you store personal data.  You request people email copies of their drivers licenses.  If your email is compromised every developer will have their drivers license stolen.

Who will you release personal data to and under what circumstances?

These are reasonable questions.

What is your name and location?  You have a private site registration.  If you LOSE or STEAL personal data who can be held accountable?
networkcoinage

View Profile WWW
August 01, 2014, 05:57:55 AM

Your opinion is noted 'judge'. It's time to move on to judge something else...I'm sure there's plenty of other important things to judge around here...
Thanks.

MultiSig

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 05:59:00 AM

You have a good point, but the 'starving artist' devs deserve a fair chance. Otherwise it just perpetuates the tiered class system we despise in the fiat world.
judgecrypto

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 05:59:33 AM

Your opinion is noted 'judge'. It's time to move on to judge something else...I'm sure there's plenty of other important things to judge around here...
Thanks.

I am not moving on until I get my questions answered.  Thanks.  
judgecrypto

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 06:01:02 AM

Thanks.

I want to know how you store personal data.  You request people email copies of their drivers licenses.  If your email is compromised every developer will have their drivers license stolen.

Who will you release personal data to and under what circumstances?

These are reasonable questions.

What is your name and location?  You have a private site registration.  If you LOSE or STEAL personal data who can be held accountable?
tk808 (OP)
Legendary

Invest in your knowledge

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 06:02:41 AM

Thanks.

All your questions have already been answered. Smiley Thanks for stopping by Judge.

Do research. Not that hard to found out who we are, information sitting right in front of you.
judgecrypto

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 06:05:13 AM

Thanks.

All your questions have already been answered. Smiley Thanks for stopping by Judge.

My Questions ARE NOT ANSWERED!

1) How do you store personal data.  You request people email copies of their drivers licenses.  If your email is compromised every developer will have their drivers license stolen.

2) Who will you release personal data to and under what circumstances?

3) WHERE IS YOUR PERSONAL DATA POLICY?Huh  You are asking for personal information with no policy?  THAT IS A SCAM!

These are reasonable questions.  What is your name and location?  You have a private site registration.  If you LOSE or STEAL personal data who can be held accountable?
Bitcycle

Activity: 420

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 06:07:38 AM

Thanks.

1) How do you store personal data.  You request people email copies of their drivers licenses.  If your email is compromised every developer will have their drivers license stolen.

3) WHERE IS YOUR PERSONAL DATA POLICY?Huh  You are asking for personal information with no policy?  THAT IS A SCAM!

These are reasonable questions.  What is your name and location?  You have a private site registration.  If you LOSE or STEAL personal data who can be held accountable?

Perhaps if you post the same questions one more time you'll get answers.

But it's more likely you'll just cross over into being stupidly annoying.
judgecrypto

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 06:09:43 AM

Thanks.

Perhaps if you post the same questions one more time you'll get answers.

But it's more likely you'll just cross over into being stupidly annoying.

The anonymous site owner keeps coming back with the same crap response.  Do you feel drivers license information should be stored in email?  Do you think people or companies that receive personal identification data have a responsibility to let people know how they use that data?
poornamelessme

Activity: 1204
Merit: 509

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 06:12:51 AM

I posted a couple of questions and concerns in the other thread about this, but at the time assumed this service was free. If you plan to charge devs $30 a pop for each application, I see some problems.

Less devs will agree to it for starters. For free, I expect honest devs to at least consider it. But when any group starts charging for verification of some type, it starts to look a bit scammy. Note I am not say this is a scam, just that it may appear less than honest or fair.

The wording on your site is very misleading.

Becoming a Trusted Developer

As a promotional effort to celebrate the launch of our new Premium Membership section, we are offering one free ranking for each new membership. As an additional ‘perk’ for developers, you will be able to open your own dedicated thread on the Coins Source forums.

So after this promo period, do you plan to charge devs plus charge then for a prem. membership too? Or charge them a flat rate outside of being a prem. member?

Why not go with a free model? Simply ask that each trust logo include a link back to CoinsSource and consider it a form of advertising, and you'd make money that way instead, indirectly.
judgecrypto

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 06:25:29 AM

I posted a couple of questions and concerns in the other thread about this, but at the time assumed this service was free. If you plan to charge devs $30 a pop for each application, I see some problems.

Less devs will agree to it for starters. For free, I expect honest devs to at least consider it. But when any group starts charging for verification of some type, it starts to look a bit scammy. Note I am not say this is a scam, just that it may appear less than honest or fair.

The wording on your site is very misleading.

Becoming a Trusted Developer

As a promotional effort to celebrate the launch of our new Premium Membership section, we are offering one free ranking for each new membership. As an additional ‘perk’ for developers, you will be able to open your own dedicated thread on the Coins Source forums.

So after this promo period, do you plan to charge devs plus charge then for a prem. membership too? Or charge them a flat rate outside of being a prem. member?

Why not go with a free model? Simply ask that each trust logo include a link back to CoinsSource and consider it a form of advertising, and you'd make money that way instead, indirectly.

This is a 1 time fee to get verified. Simple as that.

We haven't charged more then 50% of the developers the fee, yet we've spent over 10 hours trying to verify them in the past few days. Not the mention the efforts that are even going into this from the entire Coins Source Team.

I have no comment against the remark of our site being a scam. I spent the past 6 months day and night working on this Company, and several other Coins Source members have spent equally as much time.

We are the most honest, sincere and trustworthy site that could ever exist. There is not 1 thread not 1 complaint before we started this trust verification against us.

But when we charge a fee for something totally new to the crypto, to progress it forward, to help users, to help you, the end of the world has come..

We are not changing our model, and we will be enforcing our fee due to the amount of reputation we've built and the reputation we are putting forth behind Developers.

We know how to handle this Verification, we've been discussing this amongst ourselves since almost the beginning of Coins Source.

Please refund my fee.  I will be taking my issues to my own thread.
armin22

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 06:26:24 AM

Reserved

poornamelessme

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 06:46:12 AM

This is a 1 time fee to get verified. Simple as that.

We haven't charged more then 50% of the developers the fee, yet we've spent over 10 hours trying to verify them in the past few days. Not the mention the efforts that are even going into this from the entire Coins Source Team.

I have no comment against the remark of our site being a scam. I spent the past 6 months day and night working on this Company, and several other Coins Source members have spent equally as much time.

We are the most honest, sincere and trustworthy site that could ever exist. There is not 1 thread not 1 complaint before we started this trust verification against us.

But when we charge a fee for something totally new to the crypto, to progress it forward, to help users, to help you, the end of the world has come..

We are not changing our model, and we will be enforcing our fee due to the amount of reputation we've built and the reputation we are putting forth behind Developers.

We know how to handle this Verification, we've been discussing this amongst ourselves since almost the beginning of Coins Source.

First off, I made a point in my post to say that this didn't mean your site was a scam ... I have your site in my signature, for starters... if I thought it was a scam it wouldn't be there.

I simply said that by charging developers for the verification, that to some it may appear scammy. Sort of like if any coin or project here said, 'Send us money and get our seal of approval. Without it, nobody will trust you or buy your coins.' A person's natural reaction would be, who are these guys and why can we trust them... and if they are charging devs for this seal, are they being completely unbiased and honest?

Again, I think you may do better with a free model, but of course that is up to you. If enough devs signed up and used the trust seal, you'd probably get back whatever time you spent on verifying people anyway, via advertising/links.
ObscureBean
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
August 01, 2014, 06:55:37 AM

I think that's an awesome idea. The only thing is I think you should re-evaluate your criteria/point system. The first 3 criteria, email address, BTT id and social media could potentially be used as padding because they're not enough to prove anything by themselves. So that if someone displays a score of 3, you still couldn't really trust him/her because the score could be based entirely on the first 3 criteria.
I think your minimum trust score should mean that you're able to identify the person in case he/she defaults. Moving up the trust ladder would then serve to reflect the dev's competence and ability to see the project through.
poornamelessme

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 07:04:02 AM

I think that's an awesome idea. The only thing is I think you should re-evaluate your criteria/point system. The first 3 criteria, email address, BTT id and social media could potentially be used as padding because they're not enough to prove anything by themselves. So that if someone displays a score of 3, you still couldn't really trust him/her because the score could be based entirely on the first 3 criteria.
I think your minimum trust score should mean that you're able to identify the person in case he/she defaults. Moving up the trust ladder would then serve to reflect the dev's competence and ability to see the project through.

I thought the same thing and touched upon those points in the other thread for this. Only the postcard + driver license verification are the ones that really matter. Basically if a coin doesn't get 6/7 or higher, the trust rating probably would be worthless to them. The mobile requirement is also pretty useless and that could be gotten around really easily.

But I can't see any dev signing up for this and paying to get a 3/7 rating or something like that anyway. It's like advertising -- 'We stink, don't trust us' and devs paying for the privilege to advertise that fact.
lamosty

Activity: 111

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 08:39:29 AM

I agree. Dev could receive like 0.25 points for twitter or facebook and 0.5 for email.
Mastermine

Activity: 440

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 08:40:16 AM

The main problem I have is if its accepted by people like bittrex (which it is see here: https://twitter.com/BitEXtra/status/494267065914503168) and others that you plan on making API readable ratings (meaning if you get it on bittrex it will likely be shown on MANY other sites also).  Then you will be forcing developers to pay.  For example like JudgeCrypto who does not necessarily want to share his information. Is now stuck with a choice between being displayed as a 1 star (or whatever rating you give non-verified) and paying. Forcing devs to pay to be rated is my only issue.  It may not seem like forcing initially. But once your famous, it becomes all that matters and devs are forced to pay. This is my main problem.

@cryptoasian does this for free by himself.  Not saying he has jumped through all the hoops you have but hes flying solo and still verifying for free. Just sayin.
soaples

Activity: 152

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 08:47:29 AM

Great idea but there are much more things we should consider!
Mastermine

Activity: 440

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 08:58:47 AM

Id also just like to add the fact that this really does not do much to disprove any scams.  Asside from verification that the same idiot isn't scamming us over and over (likely just the same group handing off the torch). Does it really verify the coin? the idea? For example knowing who the URO dev is does that really prove that URO will ever match UREA prices? Theres a new VitaCoin coming out that says he will be verified he has this crazy plan thats plausible and a good idea but theres really no proof that I could see that it was going to actually happen. I am not trying to spread fud but it just seems like its hurting good developers and a waste of resources if you claim its so difficult for the team.  The scoring should be based off of hard research into the coin itself not just the developers.  Maybe one star for verified developers but not all of them. Just my opinion
Bonn3rs

Activity: 154

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 09:16:37 AM

Thanks.

1) How do you store personal data.  You request people email copies of their drivers licenses.  If your email is compromised every developer will have their drivers license stolen.

3) WHERE IS YOUR PERSONAL DATA POLICY?Huh  You are asking for personal information with no policy?  THAT IS A SCAM!

These are reasonable questions.  What is your name and location?  You have a private site registration.  If you LOSE or STEAL personal data who can be held accountable?

1) Encrypted, Offline server that's sitting in my next office as noted in the email. The emails are then shredded.
2) Law enforcement agencies or a government agency.
3) Personal Data policy is right on the site, right at the bottom where it is on every site.
4) Coins Source Inc is responsible and the representative is Me.

I'm Tarek Hamed, CEO and Founder of Coins Source Inc, we are located in Los Angeles California. This information is virtually everywhere on the net.

Also i highly suggest looking at our incorporation with the secretary of state of California.

Im not sure you understand the question, he's not asking about cookies he's asking about how you will protect his drivers license if he sends it to you. So I did some research and I see in your terms and conditions

WE, OUR AGENTS, OFFICERS OR EMPLOYEES AND AFFILIATES, SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY LOSS OF PROFITS, LOSS OF USE, LOSS OF DATA, INTERRUPTION OF BUSINESS...

And that's the actual answer. You at coinsource have placed a waiver so that if your server is compromised it's not your fault. You can't be held liable for your lack of any data protection.

And to add to this severe lack of trust, you post a picture of "you". Where's your drivers license? Who verifies you? And the rest of your team doesn't even have that. Madness.

Judge Coin Facebook Manager
Judge: JbJjiXGnQpNMKQZTrbhChBKX3SfDaS85hi || BTC: 14WATjFEu7731o6MGsHs3CRn7fMigxEdvL
poornamelessme

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 02:40:45 PM
Last edit: August 01, 2014, 10:31:17 PM by poornamelessme

WE, OUR AGENTS, OFFICERS OR EMPLOYEES AND AFFILIATES, SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY LOSS OF PROFITS, LOSS OF USE, LOSS OF DATA, INTERRUPTION OF BUSINESS...

And that's the actual answer. You at coinsource have placed a waiver so that if your server is compromised it's not your fault. You can't be held liable for your lack of any data protection.

That's one of the key problems with something like this. That, and something else someone brought up earlier. If it becomes the standard and displayed on exchanges, then it basically turns into :'pay us, or your coin will fail'. And not only that, but 'pay us and trust us with your information'.

I'm sort of mixed about programs like this. As on one hand, as an investor, I can see it helping somewhat. It won't protect against most of the scams run here, and I expect a lot of devs who run proper scams to simply use fake ID. But if trying to be objective, and if I pretended I was an honest dev, I have to ask myself would I be willing to use this program and provide my ID to some random company?

The answer is probably no, as CoinsSource hasn't been around long enough to be 100% trustworthy with such sensitive info. And even if I think they are, I'd have to worry that all of its employees are 100% trustworthy, forever, and you will never have any data breeches/hacks... again, forever, nor none of its employees would go full-blown evil and try to blackmail me. There are simply too many crazy people in this forum to feel safe.

A dev could be honest, yet run into problems. Perhaps his coin tanks due to bad decisions, or competition, or coding problems. Yet he did everything honestly. He'd have to worry some nut out there who lost money won't come after him. People make bad decisions and tend to yell 'scam', as its human nature to look for a culprit besides their own bad judgement. Here they not only yell scam, but go into mob, pitchfork mode. It wouldn't be worth the hassle or risk if I was a dev to even bother with.

A code review + simple BTT account verification may work better, as a lot of the scammier coins have hidden premines or shady code, and catching this early would be of benefit to people.

brownmon

Activity: 139

View Profile
August 02, 2014, 12:55:27 AM

1) How do you store personal data.  You request people email copies of their drivers licenses.  If your email is compromised every developer will have their drivers license stolen.

1) Encrypted, Offline server that's sitting in my next office as noted in the email. The emails are then shredded.

I understand that e-mail is not secure at all.  It's like sending a postcard.  Anyone along the way can read it.

Would you send a copy of your driver's licence attached to a postcard, even if the receiver promised to shred it upon receipt?

E-mail was not designed with any privacy or security in mind.

A code review + simple BTT account verification may work better, as a lot of the scammier coins have hidden premines or shady code, and catching this early would be of benefit to people.

This.  But not the BitcoinTalk (BTT?) account verification, as not every aspiring coin dev is going to have an account here until it's time to post the ANN thread.

This site's interface is pretty shitty compared to Reddit's.  As a new user, I keep getting errors while posting to say I'm posting too much (Am I?).  Then when I wait a while longer and post, I get an error that says I've already posted, even though the original post didn't go through because of the 'posting too much' error.  Then I have to rewrite the whole thing, or give up.
tk808 (OP)
Legendary

Invest in your knowledge

View Profile
August 23, 2014, 04:29:19 AM
Last edit: August 23, 2014, 04:49:41 AM by tk808

I liked to reopen this thread and get a solid community understanding for Trust Index and how we ultimately improve it for everyone.

Trust Index Is the original Trusted platform from developers, and we have currently introduced several new metrics to further enhance the qualifications needed to become trusted, as follows:

Interview - Via Skype or IRC - Skype: Anaxai9 or IRC #CoinsSource (1pt)
Social Media – Verify by a Tweet, Post to Coins Source’s Timeline on Facebook or a Private message via Social media (1pt).
Coin Age at Least 1 month Old - This Verification is Automatic, the coin must be 1 month old from moment listed on an exchange. (1pt)
Mobile Phone – Verify by text message or Phone Call (1pt)
State ID or License – Copy of your Drivers license, passport or state-ID. (2pt)
Mailing address – Verify with 2 bills that confirm the address on your license or ID card. We recommend that both should be within the same photograph. (1pt)

Everyone is welcome in this thread : ). Feel free to input any opinions, advice or questions.

http://www.coinssource.com/trust-index/
networkcoinage

View Profile WWW
August 23, 2014, 04:50:20 AM

Nice work Coins Source! That coin age > one month might cut out half the scam crap alone!

Pages: 1 2 3 [All]
  Print  

Jump to: