Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 05:26:50 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] DoS Coin [X13] [5% PoS 3 months] [PoM] [Htl] [20 GH]  (Read 40622 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
cindereynolds

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 08:06:30 PM

Any updates ?.

That new OP is an update in and of itself.

Looks clean dev.

ʕ•͡ᴥ•ʔʕ•͡ᴥ•ʔʕ•͡ᴥ•ʔ PND bamboo muncher ʕ•͡ᴥ•ʔʕ•͡ᴥ•ʔʕ•͡ᴥ•ʔ
                        PPtd7diYFaKzY11iqVV1xoy6MLLY6mg7Kq
Somekindabitcoin (OP)

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 08:13:32 PM

Thank you.

I know someone here who is helping me. He offered to give me a website and a VPS for free. Nice guy. Known him for awhile.

I'm now studying the ethics of attacks.
Cryptourologist

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 11:23:51 PM

The brand new ANN explains the general idea behind the DoSCoin. A bit far-fetched, but I can wait for more details.
So, I get it, the idea is to generate blocks by fending off the attacks. Now, what's the use for the coins themselves? When I first read about this coin I though the attacked server would have to pay DoSCoin to those who help it fend off the attack, it would just make sense, but there's no mention of it in the ANN. Please comment.
BillTech

Activity: 296
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 12:20:03 AM

nice to see a lil action thx op
FryguyUK
Legendary

Activity: 801
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 12:54:08 AM

The brand new ANN explains the general idea behind the DoSCoin. A bit far-fetched, but I can wait for more details.
So, I get it, the idea is to generate blocks by fending off the attacks. Now, what's the use for the coins themselves? When I first read about this coin I though the attacked server would have to pay DoSCoin to those who help it fend off the attack, it would just make sense, but there's no mention of it in the ANN. Please comment.

Beyond mad speculation I would guess the coins have as good a chance to be accepted as anywhere else crypto-wise in the future, possibly with more importance such as stopping ddos it would have global value for it to exist along bitcoin.

Going into deeper speculation the volatile market of this over the coming years, if successful may attract a lot of volunteers/nodes to the project as it doesn't promise a buck here and there, it promises the chance for a much higher reward which people are foaming up for since bitcoin history.

Balls deep speculation would be that this is the second "important" system to come from the bitcoin tech beside currency itself and would take a really high position.

Ungodly speculation is that the usefulness of preventing ddos attacks and the multiple billions they are costing businesses around the globe every week, is irresistible for it to become the prime coin above bitcoin.
#ungodlyspeculation
Cryptourologist

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 01:49:43 AM

Beyond mad speculation I would guess the coins have as good a chance to be accepted as anywhere else crypto-wise in the future, possibly with more importance such as stopping ddos it would have global value for it to exist along bitcoin.

Going into deeper speculation the volatile market of this over the coming years, if successful may attract a lot of volunteers/nodes to the project as it doesn't promise a buck here and there, it promises the chance for a much higher reward which people are foaming up for since bitcoin history.

Balls deep speculation would be that this is the second "important" system to come from the bitcoin tech beside currency itself and would take a really high position.

Ungodly speculation is that the usefulness of preventing ddos attacks and the multiple billions they are costing businesses around the globe every week, is irresistible for it to become the prime coin above bitcoin.
#ungodlyspeculation

"Doesn't promise", WTF is that? I don't give a flying one about what it will save some business whose owners believe I ain't worth shit anyways. So, a business gets screwed up in the woo-hoo and I'm supposed to underwrite my own for what? For the queer cheer? Cheer-points don't pay for my gas, mortgage, taxes, and whatever other evil Satan had placed upon me. Why would I open my butthole for the dick destined for another one? Unless of course the owner of the destined butthole payes me for that!

PS: I need an answer from the dev, not from some... whatever.
FryguyUK
Legendary

Activity: 801
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 02:22:57 AM

#ungodlyspeculation

"Doesn't promise", WTF is that? I don't give a flying one about what it will save some business whose owners believe I ain't worth shit anyways. So, a business gets screwed up in the woo-hoo and I'm supposed to underwrite my own for what? For the queer cheer? Cheer-points don't pay for my gas, mortgage, taxes, and whatever other evil Satan had placed upon me. Why would I open my butthole for the dick destined for another one? Unless of course the owner of the destined butthole payes me for that!

PS: I need an answer from the dev, not from some... whatever.

all mass speculation, just a lot of influx into the trading world because of bitcoin more and more traders everyday

Jobs pay for gas and mortgage etc. Trading cryptos is just a gamble unless you know something others don't.
Shouldn't curse your head off demanding a sure-shot bet on making money, a sure-shot so you can pay your bills with another person's bill money. Go for it.
Somekindabitcoin (OP)

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 03:16:02 AM

This is basically what Proof of mitigation is if you haven't read that part.

Please, I also don't want bashing on members. It's clear that Fryguy gets the usefulness of the coin and he wanted to add his opinion on it.
Somekindabitcoin (OP)

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 08:48:37 AM

Attention DoScoin Community:

I want to keep you guys informed on updates concerning the coin. I need developers. If you could get people who worked on other coins to join me, that would be great. It's one of my biggest concerns. The other concern is how am I going to pay them? I cannot sell off any DOScoin at these prices (and I don't blame you guys for saying it was my fault because it clearly was my fault). I'm begging you, the community, to help me get it back up. It's a project I have been contemplating on doing for months since I got into the scene of computer security. The goal was always to provide solutions for the community that were open source and made for everyone.

If you guys could help me sell off part of the DoScoin at 80-100 satoshi, I will have enough money to pay the developers (who'm I am still looking for). Please, if you can give me a second chance on this and I won't let you down!
BohemianStalker

Activity: 336

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 09:18:39 AM

I want to keep you guys informed on updates concerning the coin. I need developers. If you could get people who worked on other coins to join me, that would be great. It's one of my biggest concerns. The other concern is how am I going to pay them? I cannot sell off any DOScoin at these prices (and I don't blame you guys for saying it was my fault because it clearly was my fault). I'm begging you, the community, to help me get it back up. It's a project I have been contemplating on doing for months since I got into the scene of computer security. The goal was always to provide solutions for the community that were open source and made for everyone.

If you guys could help me sell off part of the DoScoin at 80-100 satoshi, I will have enough money to pay the developers (who'm I am still looking for). Please, if you can give me a second chance on this and I won't let you down!

We got to exposure coin so much that the every coin is worth the 80-100. Have you ever thought of going kickstarter or something like that?
Somekindabitcoin (OP)

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 09:31:07 AM

I'm not sure you could do that.

If I can't get the funding, it might be some other time and I would take a hiatus to immerse myself into computer science. I may even come back and program it myself, but it won't be for awhile. I do want it to succeed and it will be my main project.
BohemianStalker

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 09:33:47 AM

I'm not sure you could do that.

If I can't get the funding, it might be some other time and I would take a hiatus to immerse myself into computer science. I may even come back and program it myself, but it won't be for awhile. I do want it to succeed and it will be my main project.

I think they raised few thousand dollars on indiegogo for some kind of virtual currency and this is much better.
Somekindabitcoin (OP)

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 09:36:42 AM

Yeah I do like Indiegogo. I want to make sure it's foolproof enough.

I think it was actually just a physical wallet though.

Should I gain more exposure first?
Cryptourologist

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 11:53:13 AM

This is basically what Proof of mitigation is if you haven't read that part.

Please, I also don't want bashing on members. It's clear that Fryguy gets the usefulness of the coin and he wanted to add his opinion on it.

What's the point to mint those coins by subjecting your own network to DDoS when the only thing you can do to them is gamble away on an alt market? This coin actually has a chance to become something of real value instead of being just another toy. Why ruin it?
ikom

Activity: 47
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 02:54:15 PM

Why do you need to pay devs in Bitcoins? Pay them with DoScoin and they will be more motivated to develop better coin Wink
cryptoangel

Activity: 700

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 04:15:08 PM

The Price is a disaster  Cheesy, Now we hold our big bags and hope.

How will the coin progress with no developer and next to no value in DOScoin ?.

▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█                         █
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        █
           ▄▄███████▄▄   █
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████████  █
         ████▀     ▀████
         ████       ████
         ████▄     ▄████
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████████  █
           ▀▀███████▀▀   █
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀        █
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
ROLLBIT●  Instant Deposits & Withdrawals
●  Rakeback & Level Up Bonuses
●  Live Customer Support
█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄
PLAY NOW
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
Youghoor

Activity: 1036
Merit: 275

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 04:21:58 PM

The Price is a disaster  Cheesy, Now we hold our big bags and hope.

yes hold till the price is stable till then keep on mining
cryptoangel

Activity: 700

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 04:26:32 PM

The Price is a disaster  Cheesy, Now we hold our big bags and hope.

yes hold till the price is stable till then keep on mining

They is no point in mining DOScoin, Probably cheaper to just buy. I have 200k and spent over 0.2btc in getting it.

The wanted developers should take % of DOScoin for the work, not BTC.

We have not seen a stable floor yet, currently 8 sats and still in POW.

▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        █
           ▄▄███████▄▄   █
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████████  █
         ████▀     ▀████
         ████       ████
         ████▄     ▄████
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████████  █
           ▀▀███████▀▀   █
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀        █
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
ROLLBIT●  Instant Deposits & Withdrawals
●  Rakeback & Level Up Bonuses
●  Live Customer Support
█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄
PLAY NOW
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
BohemianStalker

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 07:34:33 PM

Yeah I do like Indiegogo. I want to make sure it's foolproof enough.

I think it was actually just a physical wallet though.

Should I gain more exposure first?

check this:

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/un-named-coin
Cryptourologist

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 11:06:25 PM

My apologies to FryguyUK. Ok, maybe I was too mean. After dealing with the amount of FUD we get on URO thread being mean should be understandable Smiley

Anyways, I've seen the concerns about the price of DoScoin. Well, maybe listening to my idea for once might help with the problem.

I propose to have the attacked to put some amount of DoScoin into the blockchain in order to contract mitigators. This can be a fixed sum (ex. 1 DOS/Mbps/block) or can be calculated on some other basis. Each time a block is solved with a PoM, all participating mitigators get their share based on how much of the attack they mitigated. It's similar to bitcoin transaction fees being awarded to whoever solves the block. When the attacked runs out of DoScoins, he'll have to buy some more on the market, effectively keeping the price at a reasonable level. The coins will be actually backed by what defense against DDoS is worth to the business.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 »
  Print  

Jump to: