Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 09:46:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [CLOSED] BTC paying Western Union/MoneyGram  (Read 2254 times)
Prez

Activity: 243
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 02, 2014, 02:34:11 PM

I accept this bet. My address you can pay to is 1KCt9ZFS2L6QW4vcdTFqHVzusiaZe6wQGz

How many coins do you want to sell for paypal gift?

I accept the bet, however I am not going to use paypal. Also it is completely illogical as anyone who has compromised a paypal account can make a transfer as "gift".

Not sure if you quoted the wrong comment but I am saying it is reversible.
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Wy9o2Y3s (OP)

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 02, 2014, 03:25:35 PM

I accept this bet. My address you can pay to is 1KCt9ZFS2L6QW4vcdTFqHVzusiaZe6wQGz

How many coins do you want to sell for paypal gift?

I accept the bet, however I am not going to use paypal. Also it is completely illogical as anyone who has compromised a paypal account can make a transfer as "gift".

Not sure if you quoted the wrong comment but I am saying it is reversible.

Sorry, reading too fast indeed. I'm ok to bet with that guy too.
Prez

View Profile
August 02, 2014, 05:09:31 PM

I think some people from the default trust list should add negative feedback until he pays the $100 bet he made (and clearly lost).
Wy9o2Y3s (OP)

View Profile
August 02, 2014, 05:13:19 PM

I think some people from the default trust list should add negative feedback until he pays the $100 bet he made (and clearly lost).

Yes, I'd like to be able to add a negative feedback to his profile since he has soiled my topic and did not apologize. Furthermore, the posted disinformation could mislead a lot of people.
teodor87

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

Man is King!

View Profile
August 03, 2014, 07:19:45 AM

Yes, I'd like to be able to add a negative feedback to his profile since he has soiled my topic and did not apologize. Furthermore, the posted disinformation could mislead a lot of people.

You cant leave negative feedback for no reason. People get "scamer tag" for that! I could report you to a moderator. You have multiple accounts and are trying to scam people.

1BXi1DWT9U8snSr8wmuL7iihqphNiPRN9k
frankenmint
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1018

HoneybadgerOfMoney.com Weed4bitcoin.com

View Profile WWW
August 03, 2014, 07:30:43 AM

Good luck.

FWIW people will often attempt to use local bitcoins to do an online exchange and will then attempt to ask for your phone number|email address which they will then attempt to hijack and steal your BTC private key backups.  (I've read this story a couple times already)

Just because you have an open trade on LBC doesn't mean that you aren't trying to do the above.  Instead - just search for and approach different people offering to sell bits of BTC online here and deal with escrow from a hero member that has not been compromised.  (do a google search for their profile name to see if there is a fraud thread open about their past activities)

Wy9o2Y3s (OP)

View Profile
August 03, 2014, 09:32:39 AM

You cant leave negative feedback for no reason. People get "scamer tag" for that! I could report you to a moderator. You have multiple accounts and are trying to scam people.
Oh, now I have multiple accounts? Go have this proven, however I think that we've demonstrated enough that your posts are absurd.

Good luck.

FWIW people will often attempt to use local bitcoins to do an online exchange and will then attempt to ask for your phone number|email address which they will then attempt to hijack and steal your BTC private key backups.  (I've read this story a couple times already)

Just because you have an open trade on LBC doesn't mean that you aren't trying to do the above.  Instead - just search for and approach different people offering to sell bits of BTC online here and deal with escrow from a hero member that has not been compromised.  (do a google search for their profile name to see if there is a fraud thread open about their past activities)
Nonsense, I don't see any difference with localbitcoins, neither how that makes it safer if you imagine such a scenario.
Prez

View Profile
August 03, 2014, 10:57:08 AM

He must be slow. Show me just 1 case someone received a scammer tag for "false feedback".

You must have bought that account.
Wy9o2Y3s (OP)

View Profile
August 03, 2014, 11:08:16 AM

The thing is that now I've got two users spoiling my topic with incoherent rambling while other users posting announces without providing any method of escrow don't get any of such commentaries.
BetMoose

Activity: 372

Real Bets. Real People. By Anyone, on anything

View Profile WWW
August 03, 2014, 08:10:42 PM

You guys should really be using a dedicated betting escrow platform like https://www.betmoose.com for any bitcoin bets. You create and resolve yourself so we don't care what the bet is about. We've seen over 200 resolved in the past 2 months, with hundreds more currently active.

If you need something special though, like private-party PayPal verification, please PM me and we can try to assist.

Cheers,

Adam

BetMoose.com - Wager on real world events. Profit from predicting the future. Create and share your own contracts.
Prez

View Profile
August 03, 2014, 08:15:39 PM

You guys should really be using a dedicated betting escrow platform like https://www.betmoose.com for any bitcoin bets. You create and resolve yourself so we don't care what the bet is about. We've seen over 200 resolved in the past 2 months, with hundreds more currently active.

If you need something special though, like private-party PayPal verification, please PM me and we can try to assist.

Cheers,

Adam

I appreciate the reply, I will check the site out next time I want to bet someone. When I accepted his bet I figured he won't pay anyways so no real lose.
Wy9o2Y3s (OP)

View Profile
August 04, 2014, 11:32:51 AM

How is your betting site related to my topic?
LouReed

Activity: 732
Merit: 500

Nosce te Ipsum

View Profile
August 04, 2014, 02:54:13 PM

The thing is that now I've got two users spoiling my topic with incoherent rambling while other users posting announces without providing any method of escrow don't get any of such commentaries.

Start a new topic, and make sure you check the "Self-moderated" box under "Additional Options" BEFORE you click post. Once you click post, you can't go back and change it to self-moderated.

This way, you can delete posts made by trolls!
LouReed

Activity: 732
Merit: 500

Nosce te Ipsum

View Profile
August 04, 2014, 03:01:12 PM

Bro, you're transparent, but if someone wants to risk it, then who am I to stop them.

I guess there is only one way to understand.

We are a community. We should all be here to stop newbies from making mistakes and selling their bitcoins for paypal.

Just don't say gift payment isn't reversible because it clearly is, it just makes you look ignorant.

Pfff! HAhahaha! It's NOT reversible!

Paypal are on the prowl of scamming their customers. Not themselves!
If it was reversible then the majority of users would use it to double their cash, before their account gets closed.
If marked as "GIFT" even your bank cannot charge-back paypal!

I bet 100$ on it.

I will take this bet!! In fact, I will bump it to one BTC. You and I will both put 1 BTC in escrow with DannyHamilton, or someone else of equal stature if he is unavailable. Then I will send you $10 as a gift on FuckPal, and reverse it a short time later. Then I will proceed to collect the 1 BTC from the escrow. Ready??
BetMoose

Activity: 372

Real Bets. Real People. By Anyone, on anything

View Profile WWW
August 05, 2014, 05:04:01 AM

How is your betting site related to my topic?

It was directed at the other users who wanted to prove their point here. We've seen many good bitcoiners get burned from using single individuals as betting escrows so we try to do our best to jump in when we can. Apologies that the post didn't directly relate to the main thread.

BetMoose.com - Wager on real world events. Profit from predicting the future. Create and share your own contracts.
Wy9o2Y3s (OP)

View Profile
August 05, 2014, 12:28:56 PM

Which african country is the author from?

Regarding this stupid comment, we've just performed a trade with an African user and everything went through fine and he had most likely found the announce on this site.

Therefore segregating African when you use ethical practices is a no way to go.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: