Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 08:09:11 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Gui miner not mining! Help!  (Read 2664 times)
TheClownSong (OP)

Activity: 1428
Merit: 251

solidtradebank.com | 5%-15% Welcome Bonus

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 05:42:27 PM

You can probably tell I'm a total noob. The fact of the matter is I installed GUI miner today, have a couple workers registered at Slush's pool. Have a wallet. I entered in my worker data for Slush's pool and GUI miner says it has like 17 Megahashes per second. I'm not expecting to make much profit, but I expect to see something on my account page at Slush's pool. What to do if GUI miner says it's mining but there is no Mhash/second or shares on mining.bitcoin.cz?

Hardware is a Dell Inspiron 17r with Intel HD Graphics 4000 GPU (the Mhash/s is like 5! I don't know why...)

Thanks in advance... I know it's a noob question.

Qi.Blockchain|The only blockchain the
world will ever need
|Eco-friendly
Decentralized
Secure, Fast
|
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
|

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
griffga

Activity: 76
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 03, 2014, 08:57:58 PM

I haven't heard of anyone else using Intel OpenCL to do mining before? Maybe someone else could chime in on this? Typically, the best performing miners are AMD graphics chips and following that the Nvidia graphic chips. You might want to try sgminer as it has recently been sponsored by Nicehash and has a lot of improvements made to it. Really solid mining software.
Nagle
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
August 03, 2014, 09:16:00 PM

You can probably tell I'm a total noob. The fact of the matter is I installed GUI miner today, have a couple workers registered at Slush's pool. Have a wallet. I entered in my worker data for Slush's pool and GUI miner says it has like 17 Megahashes per second. I'm not expecting to make much profit, but I expect to see something on my account page at Slush's pool. What to do if GUI miner says it's mining but there is no Mhash/second or shares on mining.bitcoin.cz?

Hardware is a Dell Inspiron 17r with Intel HD Graphics 4000 GPU (the Mhash/s is like 5! I don't know why...)

Maybe because it rounds off to 0. You have so little mining power that expected revenue rounds to zero. Your chance of finding a block in the next month is around 0.00002%.
TheClownSong (OP)

Activity: 1428
Merit: 251

solidtradebank.com | 5%-15% Welcome Bonus

View Profile
August 03, 2014, 09:23:52 PM

Yeah, I got it to work and then realized that I would never even break even with that hash rate. Plus my computer was overheating!

Qi.Blockchain|The only blockchain the
world will ever need
|Eco-friendly
Decentralized
Secure, Fast
|
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
|
RW02

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 23, 2014, 04:02:39 AM

Yeah, I got it to work and then realized that I would never even break even with that hash rate. Plus my computer was overheating!

and this is why research is important. mining is more intensive on computers and laptops than any other program out there including games. mining will break any laptop and most computers unless there set up by people who know what there doing
TheJohn

Activity: 100
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 12:51:54 PM

You need a much better GPU to work. your HD graphics 4000 going to get you no where..
zdaz14

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 04:34:46 PM

Yeah, an HD 4000 can barely run League at 60fps constantly on Low (I would know, that's what I use), let alone mine BTC with it.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: