Bitcoin Forum
July 05, 2024, 02:21:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Real Life in Texas 70 miles north of the Border...  (Read 3700 times)
Bitsaurus

Activity: 873
Merit: 1007

View Profile
August 03, 2014, 07:35:29 AM

And yet it's still more dangerous to cross some streets in Chicago in them middle of the night than it is out there in Texas.  But urban gang violence just isn't "fun" to report on.

You have any article on this issue?

I think he's referring to the insane amount of urban violence in Chicago which is making Compton look like a nursery school.  20 dead over the 4rth of July weekend whereas only one illegal died that weekend in TX (at least only 1 documented death).
Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
August 03, 2014, 03:29:52 PM

Shiiit!

Mexico is similar to a war zone and it's spreading to Central America the cause probably is the US War on Drugs and now there's a lot of refugees they don't want to take, serious humanitarian crisis there...

The cause is clearly stated in the article. War on drugs ragging for 30 years.. That new wave since 2012...

I don't read tabloids...

And yet you participate in this tabloid thread. Thank you, by the way. Any reply, positive or not is welcome on my zero banning policy threads Smiley

The link could be a tabloid, of course. The video is not.

Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
August 03, 2014, 03:36:22 PM

And yet it's still more dangerous to cross some streets in Chicago in them middle of the night than it is out there in Texas.  But urban gang violence just isn't "fun" to report on.

http://www.cityrating.com/crime-statistics/illinois/chicago.html#.U95WNfldV8E

http://www.wnd.com/2013/01/chicago-murders-top-afghanistan-death-toll/

http://nation.foxnews.com/chicago-murders/2013/01/14/more-murders-chicago-2012-allied-losses-afghanistan

Spendulus
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1386

View Profile
August 03, 2014, 09:21:17 PM

I think he's referring to the insane amount of urban violence in Chicago which is making Compton look like a nursery school.  20 dead over the 4rth of July weekend whereas only one illegal died that weekend in TX (at least only 1 documented death).
Well, yeah but there's easy 20 dead in a weekend just in Juarez, on the Mexico side of El Paso.  It's true that the bloodshed so far has been mainly on the Mexican side.  But keep in mind we're talking here about what often times is just a hundred yards difference.
Bitsaurus

View Profile
August 04, 2014, 03:52:51 AM

Well, yeah but there's easy 20 dead in a weekend just in Juarez, on the Mexico side of El Paso.  It's true that the bloodshed so far has been mainly on the Mexican side.  But keep in mind we're talking here about what often times is just a hundred yards difference.

I don't want to know anything about the other side of the southern border.  If Mexico wants to run a lawless land let them.  We have given them many opportunities to shape up and they choose not to.  They have better weather and resources than Canada and yet they continue to fall behind. Gonna stick my fingers in my ears now...
Balthazar
Legendary

Activity: 3108
Merit: 1359

View Profile
August 04, 2014, 06:08:44 AM

I don't want to know anything about the other side of the southern border.  If Mexico wants to run a lawless land let them.  We have given them many opportunities to shape up and they choose not to.
If your neighbouring state turns unstable entity then you have to force them to reach at least some kind of stability... Doesn't matter democratic or not. Because having borders with unstable state is a first step to achieve the same problem on your side of the border.

Shiiit!

Mexico is similar to a war zone and it's spreading to Central America the cause probably is the US War on Drugs and now there's a lot of refugees they don't want to take, serious humanitarian crisis there...
Modern Texas seems like bigger version of pre-1991 Chechnya... I.e. import of instability from the neighboring region with uncontrolled flow of illegal migrants.
bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 1217

View Profile
August 04, 2014, 06:13:27 AM

Mexican drug cartels are the organizations which benefit the most from illegal immigration to the USA. And Obama and his Democrat friends are encouraging it, as the illegals never vote for the GOP. All these casualties are just "collateral".
Bitsaurus

View Profile
August 04, 2014, 06:22:21 AM

I don't want to know anything about the other side of the southern border.  If Mexico wants to run a lawless land let them.  We have given them many opportunities to shape up and they choose not to.
If your neighbouring state turns unstable entity then you have to force them to reach at least some kind of stability... Doesn't matter democratic or not. Because having borders with unstable state is a first step to achieve the same problem on your side of the border.

Shiiit!

Modern Texas seems like bigger version of pre-1991 Chechnya... I.e. import of instability from the neighboring region with uncontrolled flow of illegal migrants.

That ship sailed a long time ago when the Mexican military became overpowered by the drug cartels.  They wanted their own autonomy (even before Fox) in running their drug war instead of coordinating with the US.  So of course the whole thing went to poop and now the CIA is doing God knows what and the "country" south of us is just a bunch of cities that speak Spanish.
Balthazar
Legendary

View Profile
August 04, 2014, 07:19:04 AM
Last edit: August 04, 2014, 07:30:53 AM by Balthazar

Such issue could be resolved without any problem... All you need is just a bit of common sense:

1. Buy, exchange or simply annex the 50 km strip of land adjacent to the border.
2. Deport a local population from there, but only if that's necessary.
3. Create a new federal subject there, but with special status. Establish a special military committee to govern this buffer state. Military cometee should be given a right to establish any type of political system there, without direct influence from the federal government.
4. Impose strict rules for crossing the southern and northern boundaries of buffer state. Strip the most of federal taxes on this territory for the next 20 years.
bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 1217

View Profile
August 04, 2014, 07:29:54 AM

1. Buy, exchange or simply annex the 50 km strip of land adjacent to the border.

lol.. land purchases are a thing of the past. Now no one can purchase sovereign land. You can only invade and annex.

2. Deport a local population from there, but only if that's necessary.

That might result in the deportation of millions of people, as many of the Mexican mega cities, such as Tijuana, Mexicali, Ciudad Juarez and Reynosa falls within this buffer zone.

3. Create a new federal subject there, but with special status. Establish a special military committee to govern this buffer state. Military cometee should be given a right to establish any type of political system there, without direct influence from the federal government.

Is that possible as per the US constitution?

4. Impose strict rules for crossing the southern and northern boundaries of the territory. Strip the most of federal taxes on this territory for the next 20 years.

With the current Democrat rule, any sort of border control is not only discouraged, but scorned as well.
Balthazar
Legendary

View Profile
August 04, 2014, 07:43:00 AM

lol.. land purchases are a thing of the past. Now no one can purchase sovereign land. You can only invade and annex.
There is no formal problem for land purchase or exchange between subjects of international law, but new status should be ratified by both sides of such deal. USSR tried this way to establish buffer zone, but their land exchange proposal was rejected by Finland. Some of unilateral measures have been applied as the result, which led to the war between Finland and the USSR.

Even if we assume that the US constitution works now, it's not a word of God. It could be amended to grant a special status for the buffer state, and this will work quite well. For examples you can see to the China with their concept of special administrative regions.

Spendulus
Legendary

View Profile
August 04, 2014, 05:20:47 PM

I don't want to know anything about the other side of the southern border.  If Mexico wants to run a lawless land let them.  We have given them many opportunities to shape up and they choose not to.  They have better weather and resources than Canada and yet they continue to fall behind. Gonna stick my fingers in my ears now...

Believe me I understand that point of view.  But look at it this way.  Fly over El Paso/Juarez, you see one big lump of civilization down there, not two.   That's the way it really is around here.  Going North, it becomes more "U.S.A".  By the time you are two hundred miles north, it is pretty much "U.S.A."
Spendulus
Legendary

View Profile
August 04, 2014, 05:21:52 PM

There is no formal problem for land purchase or exchange between subjects of international law, but new status should be ratified by both sides of such deal. USSR tried this way to establish buffer zone, but their land exchange proposal was rejected by Finland. Some of unilateral measures have been applied as the result, which led to the war between Finland and the USSR.

Even if we assume that the US constitution works now, it's not a word of God. It could be amended to grant a special status for the buffer state, and this will work quite well. For examples you can see to the China with their concept of special administrative regions.

Lesson learned:  Don't mess with Finland.
Balthazar
Legendary

View Profile
August 04, 2014, 09:35:48 PM

Finland had lost some territories by the end of the war, while it could cede them peacefully without any actual losses. In exchange USSR offered them area twice as large in comparison with demanded lands... Rejection of such offer seems pretty strange to me.
sickhouse

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 04, 2014, 10:33:54 PM

Distrurbing... Go take care of the middle east but fuck this just shoot them. USA are breaking every human right there is.

Turn off the news and read. Watch Psywar, learn something important about our society and PR, why and how it got started and how it brainwashes you.
Ron~Popeil

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 05, 2014, 03:13:35 AM

Believe me I understand that point of view.  But look at it this way.  Fly over El Paso/Juarez, you see one big lump of civilization down there, not two.   That's the way it really is around here.  Going North, it becomes more "U.S.A".  By the time you are two hundred miles north, it is pretty much "U.S.A."

I grew up in El Paso. Physically they are pretty much one big city. In the 1980s we used to go over to Juarez quite a bit for shopping and stuff. It is amazing how much the cartels and war on terror has changed things.

Spendulus
Legendary

View Profile
August 05, 2014, 03:37:16 AM

I grew up in El Paso. Physically they are pretty much one big city. In the 1980s we used to go over to Juarez quite a bit for shopping and stuff. It is amazing how much the cartels and war on terror has changed things.
My impression it was NAPTA.  You agree?  At least it all started after that, but before the "war on terror".
negafen

Activity: 218
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
August 05, 2014, 06:26:46 PM

The dead body on that article, are they being hunted down?

Practically the only people that are regularly shooting and killing people down there are the Mexican drug cartels and gangs.

What is the benefit for killing innocent people?
Spendulus
Legendary

View Profile
August 05, 2014, 08:34:36 PM

Practically the only people that are regularly shooting and killing people down there are the Mexican drug cartels and gangs.

What is the benefit for killing innocent people?
Small scale, local terror and control.

"Hey buddie...nice looking wife and daughters you got.  Tell you what, you help us, out, I help you out.  You just run this package across the border once a week.  Maybe you do us some other favors.   Otherwise I rape and kill them one at a time."

That's the game, in a nutshell.   Word gets around, the idea is the people become obedient. 

For the mules, the runners, a fair number of them do a  number of jobs, then get killed so they can't talk.
BTCmoons

Activity: 173
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 05, 2014, 11:46:28 PM

Probably not, it is more likely that they died from the heat and/or the "elements" while traveling. There are a lot of people that die every year trying to cross the border illegally.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: