Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 10:50:57 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The BiPolarBob Conspiracy Theories (Just for Laughs n' Giggles)  (Read 1442 times)
armin22 (OP)

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 02, 2014, 04:47:35 AM

Ok guys, this thread is here so that we can discuss who bipolarbob is, why is he here and why does he give so much. (Curiosity)

BiPolarBob - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=343899

He has been very kind to the community, but i want to know why, so why don't we discuss a few possible reasons?

Anyone can post what they think, i will post a few when i come up with them.

Let's have some fun  Smiley

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
KWH
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1045

In Collateral I Trust.

View Profile
August 02, 2014, 04:48:41 AM

Ok guys, this thread is here so that we can discuss who bipolarbob is, why is he here and why does he give so much. (Curiosity)

He has been very kind to the community, but i want to know why, so why don't we discuss a few possible reasons?

Let's have some fun  Smiley

He's bi-polar!  Grin

When the subject of buying BTC with Paypal comes up, I often remember this: 

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Albert Einstein
armin22 (OP)

View Profile
August 02, 2014, 04:53:14 AM

Theory 1:

BiPolar - (of psychiatric illness) characterized by both manic and depressive episodes, or manic ones only.

Ok, here's my first take. Bob was an early investor in bitcoin, he was never part of the forums or the community or anything, just some random joe who had a manic episode and randomly decided to buy bitcoins. Now that he has seen how much the value has increased, he has come back to the community to spread some of the good that he has been given.

These "Crazy Sales" he does i beleive don't follow a pattern, he only posts them up either when -a:He gets a card/voucher / b:He has another manic episode-
 He also performs random acts of kindness, they do not follow a pattern, you get picked if you're lucky, maybe when he is having an episode he just randomly chooses one, but so far i dont notice anything. I do feel that there might be some depression to his story too, though he does not show it much, i do have a niggling feeling that he gives out some money due to him attempting people from feeling some sort of depression he has felt before?

This is all just random guesses, it's 5 AM and i haven't slept for 2 days, i might just be going crazy but i want to do something fun with the community Smiley

armin22 (OP)

View Profile
August 02, 2014, 04:59:11 AM

Theory 2:

Satoshi Bobamoto

This theory revolves around the fact that our friend bob here is Satoshi. He has returned to aid his community once again, under the alias of Bob. He could just be using the BiPolar part as a cover for his random spurs of kindness. He want's to give back to the people that have had faith in his little project, and this could also explain the reason why he has large reserves of BTC, because he was mining with his mega haxxors super computer (Seperate thread, seperate story(not a conspiracy))

Maybe satoshi is among us again? Cheesy

Bitsaurus

Activity: 873
Merit: 1007

View Profile
August 03, 2014, 09:21:46 AM

Theory 2:

Satoshi Bobamoto

This theory revolves around the fact that our friend bob here is Satoshi. He has returned to aid his community once again, under the alias of Bob. He could just be using the BiPolar part as a cover for his random spurs of kindness. He want's to give back to the people that have had faith in his little project, and this could also explain the reason why he has large reserves of BTC, because he was mining with his mega haxxors super computer (Seperate thread, seperate story(not a conspiracy))

Maybe satoshi is among us again? Cheesy

Satoshi would not need a powerful system if he was the only one who really knew about the coin/blockchain.  Only if he invited everybody to the BTC launch party (now that's another thread  Grin)
Krang

Activity: 167
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 03, 2014, 09:27:27 AM

He'll probably give a load of stuff away, get some feedback, then scam ssomeone  Cheesy.
iluvbitcoins
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1150

Freedom&Honor

View Profile
August 03, 2014, 12:55:49 PM

Theory 3:

BiPolarBob actually has plenty of multi accounts which he uses to scam people, then he returns the money with his original account and gains positive trust feedback preparing him for a much larger operation that requires positive trust Smiley

Looking for a signature campaign.
williamj2543

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

Get ready for PrimeDice Sig Campaign!

View Profile WWW
August 10, 2014, 10:02:51 PM

I think he's just an early adopter who got rich and had trouble moving all of his money to cash, so he gives some away

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
▓▓▓▓▓  BIT-X.comvvvvvvvvvvvvvvi
→ CREATE ACCOUNT 
▓▓▓▓▓
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
ForgottenPassword

Activity: 154

View Profile
August 10, 2014, 10:05:31 PM

The codes might be carded (purchased with stolen credit cards). It wouldn't be the first time someone gave away carded gift cards/codes for free/cheap.

I have private messages disabled. Send me an email instead. My contact details can be found here.

Tip Address: 13Lwo1hK5smoBpFWxmqeKSL52EvN8U7asX
dKingston

Activity: 482
Merit: 500

LAUNDER BITCOIN: https://BitLaunder.com

View Profile WWW
August 10, 2014, 10:13:25 PM

Maybe he is a millionaire philantropist that those amounts don't matter to him.

LAUNDER & ANONYMIZE YOUR BITCOIN:
https://www.BitLaunder.com/?aid=41
Thecoindude

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 10, 2014, 10:32:26 PM

Maybe he just do this when he is drunk and the next day he do not remember anything about it and he swear to himself he will not do it again but then the next time he is drunk he do it again Cheesy

OPS I DID IT AGAIN  Grin Grin Grin Grin
paradoxum

Activity: 138

View Profile
August 10, 2014, 10:36:54 PM

Maybe his wife is mad and logged in to his account and is dumping his assets  Shocked
armin22 (OP)

View Profile
August 10, 2014, 11:38:44 PM

Maybe he sells all his meds and gives out the money for free xD

catena5260

Activity: 476
Merit: 501

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 01:21:13 AM

BiPolarBod = BiPolarBear = BiPolarBadBear

BadBear got influencied by the negative energy from the people he banned, and sometimes has bipolar outbreaks where he gives away stuff almost for free
jaberwock
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1073

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 01:36:14 AM

He is a Saudi millionaire with depression, and desiluded with life, then he just do crazy deals to make people try to guess why he is doing that and even open conspiracy theory threads about that.

Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1145

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 02:04:01 AM

http://bipolarbob.wordpress.com/bbb-home/about-bipolar-bob/

About Bipolar Bob

It was about 13 years ago (spring 1994) now that I was finally diagnosed with schizoaffective disorder (much like Bipolar Disorder) after years of serious problems. Psychiatrists consider this the least disruptive level of schizophrenia and mine is under control due to my twice daily medication and extensive therapy. Although my mood swings have not been extreme enough under medication to send me back to the psych hospital again, I am in constant fear that it will happen. The medication has left my concentration levels very low, and to a degree constantly and slightly sedated. I don’t have the Thorazine shuffles, but I’m not often walking with my head held high. This has kept me from working any typical job. I have tried working for myself, family and friends from time to time but nothing has worked out till now. Now I work for my friend C a few hours each week.

-

So Bob grew up in L.A. And had a pretty calm and fulfilled childhood. Always good grades in school, active in sports like baseball but mainly competitive swimming through senior year at high school. I also took occasional trips for water and snow skiing. I was really a good kid and didn’t have too much trouble growing up.

After high school I went to a U.C. In Southern California for two years, not very successful there, but I did have a whole lot of fun. After two years of terrible grades I transferred to a California State University back in L.A. Back to living with Mom and Dad, that was a bit rough after being out on my own for two years. I saw that this school was not the place for me either and next I attended an electronics tech trade school. Again my parents step up and foot most all of the tuition for this school too. My parents may have missed some of the finer points of raising 3 children in the 1960’s, but all in all they did a great overall job in my eyes. And that is said looking back with hindsight of 1990’s child rearing and protection standards, which we all know have changed dramatically in those 30 years.

I worked as an electronics engineer for over eight years. Boy I thought I was slicker than snake snot in those years. I was getting paid well and got 4 and 5 figure yearly bonuses. I designed a reverb, drum machines, and an electronic piano. Health coverage and fully paid trips to Taiwan to oversee vendors and production problems too. I thought I was on the road to make millions of dollars, but that was one of my first delusions. I was cyclothymic for most of those eight years with about a two year mood cycle. It looks like it was linked to the design/production schedule I was on. Elevated mood when I was working 60 and 80 hour weeks during the drawing and design phases, and then down in mood and energy when the production line needed reports, instructions and support during start up. I sought mental health professionals twice for depression and stress in those years, but never brought up the fact that 3 months ago I was working 80 hours a week and loving every minute of it. Had I mentioned that, I may have gotten medicated before my first and only psychotic break shortly after leaving this job.

As a result of being psychotic I had some legal difficulties (off limits topic) and once that was cleared up I had an appointment to see my first psychiatrist. That morning, I bolted, deciding that I had to go on a seven year exodus away from my family. My first stop was an old girl friend in Az. I stayed in town one night and she convinced me to go back home and talk to the shrink. As I was driving home I realized I had no hat and was therefore terrified of driving into the desert. Of all the paranoia and delusions I have had with this illness this was by far the worst fear I have ever had. Well, the police came and took me to the free psych clinic (three separate times in 6 hours) then to Maricopa County Mental Hospital. ( to be continued ).
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1145

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 02:06:26 AM

http://www.freerepublic.com/~bipolarbob/

First off I’m an inventor. I have patents on my electric nose picker and toilet paper unroller when you clap your hands. I am working on patenting a gas fired bread toaster. I did make a prototype of a cranial electromagnetic stimulator but unfortunately I forgot how I did it because amnesia is one of the side effects. I’m also into civil war airplanes which is a neat hobby. I have followed my dream of moving into the country and raising my own food. Unfortunately I was sold a flock of gay chickens. They don’t reproduce very well. As much as I’ve tried (can’t tell you the methods here), I can’t break them of this disgusting habit.
"Oh no, I'm not sick, well I'm not physically sick anyway. Mentally I'm sick beyond any doctor's ability to measure it, but otherwise I'm great!" −

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/news/3100790/posts
jaberwock
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1073

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 02:24:31 AM

So you guys think he is the forum's BipolarBod? Not someone that took his nickname?

http://www.freerepublic.com/~bipolarbob/

First off I’m an inventor. I have patents on my electric nose picker and toilet paper unroller when you clap your hands. I am working on patenting a gas fired bread toaster. I did make a prototype of a cranial electromagnetic stimulator but unfortunately I forgot how I did it because amnesia is one of the side effects. I’m also into civil war airplanes which is a neat hobby. I have followed my dream of moving into the country and raising my own food. Unfortunately I was sold a flock of gay chickens. They don’t reproduce very well. As much as I’ve tried (can’t tell you the methods here), I can’t break them of this disgusting habit.
"Oh no, I'm not sick, well I'm not physically sick anyway. Mentally I'm sick beyond any doctor's ability to measure it, but otherwise I'm great!" −

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/news/3100790/posts

Considering the Bipolar and Schizoid condition of Bod, what chances of that being true?

5dollarbill

Activity: 71
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 02:51:18 AM

Let's have some fun  Smiley

He's bi-polar!  Grin
This is almost certainly not the case. People who are bipolar will likely not admit to being as such and will not realize when they are going through a manic attack.

My theory is that he is somehow scamming or preparing to scam.
Lucky Cris

Activity: 280

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 02:54:42 AM

or maybe he just believes in karma.

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: