Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 02:13:00 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: ***********Zeusminer Lightning X6 Tutorial***********  (Read 5405 times)
nexus00 (OP)

Activity: 118
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 02, 2014, 06:49:11 PM
Last edit: August 03, 2014, 01:30:24 PM by nexus00

Hey guys. I made a quick video with my phone on some of the problems I ran into when purchasing and setting up my Lightning X6 Zeusminer. I made this video because I hadn't seen anyone yet on this particular miner and figured it would help some people out. Please forgive this not being some professional setup. I made it with my cellphone in my garage. I think there is alot of useful information that some of you might find valuable. Please leave a like and comment if it helped you in anyway.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BQOZOblPGYw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ATBUE1F693U
wiser
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1029

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 08:16:38 PM

Can you tell me the exact dimensions for the ZEUS MINER LIGHTNING X6? The one that hashes at 40-44 MHs? I'm finding that info hard to come by and even so, I'm getting conflicting information. Thanks.
\
Hey guys. I made a quick video with my phone on some of the problems I ran into when purchasing and setting up my Lightning X6 Zeusminer. I made this video because I hadn't seen anyone yet on this particular miner and figured it would help some people out. Please forgive this not being some professional setup. I made it with my cellphone in my garage. I think there is alot of useful information that some of you might find valuable. Please leave a like and comment if it helped you in anyway.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BQOZOblPGYw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ATBUE1F693U
Rabinovitch
Legendary

Activity: 2030
Merit: 1076

BTCLife.global participant

View Profile
November 11, 2014, 09:34:47 AM

How can I run it with PC instead of controller? Or where can I find an image to flash in rasPi, for example, and run Lightning X6?

One guy offering it without rasPi, so I think how can I deploy another Pi or smth...

From Siberia with love! Hosting by Rabinovitch!
Fundraising for BOINC Farm
Пpoфeccиoнaльнo зaнимaюcь paзвёpтывaниeм фepм (ASIC, GPU, BURST, STORJ, Filecoin), oбopyдoвaниeм пoмeщeний для мaйнингa.
CosaNostra

Activity: 843
Merit: 1004

View Profile
November 11, 2014, 03:11:26 PM

You can run cgminer or better bfgminer (less HW errors for me) from your computer or flash SD card of Raspberry Pi with some minera (http://getminera.com/) or smth else.

How can I run it with PC instead of controller? Or where can I find an image to flash in rasPi, for example, and run Lightning X6?

One guy offering it without rasPi, so I think how can I deploy another Pi or smth...

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ███████████████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████████████
██▄▄       ▀▀█████████████████████
██████▄▄        ▀█████████████████
███████████▄▄       ▀▀████████████
███████████████▄▄        ▀████████
████████████████████▄▄       ▀▀███
 ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
     ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
▄▄        ▀██████████████████████▄
████▄▄        ▀▀██████████████████
█████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████████
█████████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████
██████████████████▄▄        ▀▀████
▀██████████████████████▄▄
  ▀▀████████████████████████
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
  Semux uses .100% original codebase.
  Superfast with .30 seconds instant finality.
  Tested .5000 tx per block. on open network
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
Anobix

Activity: 44
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 13, 2014, 07:01:45 PM

I just used cgminer (https://github.com/dmaxl/cgminer) that version and it has worked well for me with my lightning x6.

I originally had it on a normal computer then switched to a rasPi b+ and am using just the stock linux version that comes with it to run the cgminer
followed this guide I believe:
http://readditing.com/r/dogemining/comments/28y6i6

Rabinovitch
Legendary

View Profile
November 23, 2014, 04:53:26 PM

Well, I am planning to buy used Lightning X6 without Raspberry and PSU.

I see in “User manual” page at zeusminer.com a section named “ZeusController FOR Raspberry Pi here”. There are two links: “V5.0 4G For Modle B+” and “V5.0 4G X6 series special“. It looks that it’s better to buy a B+ model of RasPi, so which of those two images should I download tu use PasPi B+ with Zeus Lightning X6?

Пpoфeccиoнaльнo зaнимaюcь paзвёpтывaниeм фepм (ASIC, GPU, BURST, STORJ, Filecoin), oбopyдoвaниeм пoмeщeний для мaйнингa.
Shinzi Fuki

Activity: 40

View Profile
November 23, 2014, 05:33:11 PM

Cool video. Thanks for sharing this. I was planning on getting some mining equipment so this will help in making a decision.  Wink
hdmediaservices

Activity: 630
Merit: 504

View Profile
November 23, 2014, 07:48:29 PM

I have a Zeusminer Lightning X6 and am not thrilled with the unit at all.  It consumes over 940 watts - with a EVGA 1300watt Gold PSU and I'm lucky if I get 35Mh/s with less than 10% hardware error rate.  I've tried every type of clock speed.

The unit generates a lot of heat and is pretty loud.

It is my least favorite out of all the Zeusminer X6 units (and I own several of each).

I've tried this with a Raspberry Pi using their specialized software and also with just a PC and CGMiner.  Same results.

Was there a bad batch of these -- or it is just terrible miner?  LOL

Definitely open to any tips.  My favorite miner is the A2 Terminator -- own 4 and have had no issues.  Very solid - semi-quiet and efficient.  Of course they cost more…
Rabinovitch
Legendary

View Profile
November 25, 2014, 07:26:22 PM

Can anyone share a content of the .bat file? I'm looking for lightning's specific options (nchips, clock...).

rustybeamer

Activity: 21

View Profile
November 26, 2014, 12:11:05 AM

Can anyone share a content of the .bat file? I'm looking for lightning's specific options (nchips, clock...).

Running cgminer on old laptop
My lightningx6 batch file as follows...

cgminer.exe -o stratum+tcp://eu.clevermining.com:3333 -u btc address -p d=1024 -s //./COM5 --chips-count 256 --ltc-clk 258 --nocheck-golden
@pause

Been using this setup since August. Clock of 258 worked best for me.

Average over 3-4 months of running : 42.5Mh/s, 7% HW and 0.2% Rej. Pulling 1100W (yes 1100W !)

Hope it helps  Smiley
Rabinovitch
Legendary

View Profile
December 07, 2014, 03:54:42 PM

Thank you!

Anyway I haven't much fun with my X6. It became SICK 4-5 times every day. I tried it on differebt frequency values (from 230 to 258), I tried different COM port settings...

How can I make it run normally?.. Is there any remedy to avoid such a SICKing?..

Do anyone know how to make X6 mine with newer cgminer/bfgminer? When I try to start cgminer 4.3.5, it can't connect to Zeus (there's something about permissions or something like that), bfgminer also can't work normally (but at least it can conenct to the miner...).

toptek
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 08, 2014, 11:08:28 AM
Last edit: December 08, 2014, 11:40:48 AM by toptek

Thank you!

Anyway I haven't much fun with my X6. It became SICK 4-5 times every day. I tried it on differebt frequency values (from 230 to 258), I tried different COM port settings...

How can I make it run normally?.. Is there any remedy to avoid such a SICKing?..

Do anyone know how to make X6 mine with newer cgminer/bfgminer? When I try to start cgminer 4.3.5, it can't connect to Zeus (there's something about permissions or something like that), bfgminer also can't work normally (but at least it can conenct to the miner...).

Or  use this it actually works better then 4.3.5 https://litecointalk.org/index.php?topic=20477.0  if you don't mind command line stuff .

and the lines to use are or put into minera once minera is fixed .

-–scrypt -S all --set-device zeus:clock=240 --set-device zeus:chips=256 --set-device zeus:read=200  for BFG  >  its for  a firmware bug some of them have –set zus:ignore_golden_nonce=1  

you may have to adjust the chip  down a lot if you get a lot of HW errors some of them may be off a little . The read is adjust able on all zeus as far as i know 200 to 250 . or set it to auto . those setting are for the TX6 i have four zeus miners atm they all work great on westhash just waiting on some word on the L1 .'

I can Polly set up 5.0 or  had it working in one of the UI's on a PI .   but it still has issue with the cap , drop or power drain in UIs  But works  great as a command line which i hate using so I'll wait .

from zeus site on the HW errors https://zeusminer.com/forums/topic/lightning-x6-hw-errors/  

For the sick issue if you use  windows http://coinmyne.com/software/cgwatcher/  you can set it to restart them .

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
Rabinovitch
Legendary

View Profile
December 09, 2014, 11:11:51 AM

CGwatcher can't restart a PC when Zeus going to SICK state. Even cgminer window can't be closed without USB cable disconnect...

Rabinovitch
Legendary

View Profile
June 19, 2015, 12:26:42 PM

Every Lightning X6 owner can now try it with this cgminer by dmaxl: https://github.com/dmaxl/cgminer/releases

Looks like this works really better with our Zeuse X6s.  Wink I see 45+ Mh/s at 243 MHz, but I am not sure how does it count HW errors. But it looks that HWE quantity is lower though.

Rabinovitch
Legendary

View Profile
June 20, 2015, 03:15:21 AM
Last edit: July 27, 2015, 08:01:06 AM by Rabinovitch

I use an usual notebook as a controller. RasPi costs some money, and that notebook was free of charge for me.  Smiley

Rabinovitch
Legendary

View Profile
July 29, 2015, 05:45:17 AM

Why do I receive an error message from time to time, "The user does not have enough privileges to open COM4"?

Windows 7 x64, CGMiner 4.3.5 by dmaxl.

It can mine again after Win 7 restart. I tried to start CGwatcher as Administrator, then to start cgminer itself as Administrator, without CGWatcher. The issue can not be fixed without OS reboot...

toptek
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 29, 2015, 06:01:44 AM

https://litecointalk.org/index.php?topic=20477.0

this runs real nicely as well and  i have also found that BFGMINER 5.2 work really good now, if you  run it on a PI at command line or in minera . Smiley .

BTw the video were locked to me . said private .

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: