Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 10:04:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: CoinDesk censors Monero, loses credibility  (Read 4663 times)
binaryFate
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1003

Still wild and free

View Profile
August 03, 2014, 08:49:54 PM

[...]

I don't know what you take... but I'd love to try.

Monero's privacy and therefore fungibility are MUCH stronger than Bitcoin's. 
This makes Monero a better candidate to deserve the term "digital cash".
cAPSLOCK
Legendary

Activity: 3738
Merit: 5127

Whimsical Pants

View Profile
August 03, 2014, 09:38:46 PM

"They won't write about what I like so they don't have integrity anymore"

Around here, we call people like you whiny bitches

Pretty much this.  And to be honest if I worked for Coindesk this thread would make me somewhat wary of Monero.
tk808
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1124

Invest in your knowledge

View Profile
August 03, 2014, 09:45:46 PM

Coinsource ANN = https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=688494.0

and main user is tk808 Smiley

Coin(s)source ANN = https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=572303.0
Johnny Mnemonic (OP)

Activity: 795
Merit: 514

View Profile
August 03, 2014, 09:58:22 PM

Pretty much this.  And to be honest if I worked for Coindesk this thread would make me somewhat wary of Monero.

Of all the people I expected to completely miss the point, you weren't one of them. If CoinDesk is really nothing but a glorified trollbox, it doesn't really matter what they think, does it?
salsacz

Activity: 490
Merit: 504

View Profile
August 03, 2014, 10:57:52 PM

few days ago I sent info email to Coindesk about CryptoNote and they told me they are investigating CryptoNote technology... the thing is there aren't many sources, yet, mostly just the whitepapers.

btw, I also wonder why Nxt is there so rarely... but it is their choice, let's leave the coin reviews and infos for new projects, such as CoinsSource
r3wt

Activity: 686
Merit: 504

always the student, never the master.

View Profile
August 03, 2014, 11:00:10 PM

Says the biggest whiny ass bitch of all time

My negative trust rating is reflective of a personal vendetta by someone on default trust.
darkota

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 03, 2014, 11:51:16 PM

Coindesk is paid to do articles. I've seen them do articles on the absolute stuidest of coins and subjects. I have no doubt that the devs of coins simply pay Coindesk to make a article on their coin. It's all revolving around money.

That shows how stupid Bitcoin news sites are. We need a actual newssource that isn't biased like Coindesk.
cAPSLOCK
Legendary

Activity: 3738
Merit: 5127

Whimsical Pants

View Profile
August 04, 2014, 03:41:39 AM

Of all the people I expected to completely miss the point, you weren't one of them. If CoinDesk is really nothing but a glorified trollbox, it doesn't really matter what they think, does it?

No.  I think I got the point.  The other side of that is...  if Coindesk is just a glorified trollbox then why does it even really mater what they think or report on?

I personally do not read their articles for the most part and don't really care what they report on.

But that's just me... Wink
Johnny Mnemonic (OP)

Activity: 795
Merit: 514

View Profile
August 04, 2014, 04:10:21 AM

No.  I think I got the point.  The other side of that is...  if Coindesk is just a glorified trollbox then why does it even really mater what they think or report on?

The problem is that many people are not aware that Coindesk is a glorified trollbox (at least I wasn't), and so they think they're getting an objective view of the crypto space, when in actuality major developments are going unreported.

This is not about me being upset that monero isn't getting attention. A lot of people follow CoinDesk, and I want everyone to know that CoinDesk has a hidden agenda that is of no benefit to its readers.
Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
August 04, 2014, 05:40:09 AM

i knew iGotSpots was involved in this somehow..
i could tell "conspiracy" makes my balls tingle  Grin

whiny bitch ?
like what sending me multiple unprovoked PM"s claiming a "defamed" your business (cloning coins at bitcointalk)
when i never did ..all i did was call you a liar based on your comments you made on here and then denied on Cryptsy chat.
and then after that you contacted Cryptsy to get my personal info to sue me and BigVern from Cryptsy confirmed to me you did in fact do this.
then....
You threatened to beat me up on Cryptsy chat LOL
You said word for word..
It was easy to find out who you are and i am rich so i can just hop on a plane and come get you..
..you said, while Trolling on me with insults etc on Cryptsy chat last year (out of the blue randomly and unprovoked)
while your buddy cryptsy mods watched and let you do it of course "cryptsy back room boys bullshit"

then a day or two later you started to permanently deny you even did that.. then after a month
you admitted it and said it again.. threatened to beat me up and you were a big tough guy blah blah..

read the three pm's he sent me guys and tell me WHO is the "whiny Bitch" ? ROFL'z

Slander
« Sent to: Spoetnik on: August 23, 2013, 11:13:04 AM »
Lawyers will be sending you an email this weekend for all your defamation of a legal business entity with no proof. Enjoy the lawsuit coming your way. Believe it or not, it's not that hard to find who you are. I suggest you cease and desist immediately before you get fucked. I will give you until Monday to change your attitude. If you think I'm fucking around, I dare you to keep it up. I literally dare you

Just a friendly warning

Re: Slander
Keep it up

Re: Slander
« Sent to: Spoetnik on: August 24, 2013, 01:09:23 AM »
If you don't believe me feel free to do your own research and look up what s doe subpoena is. We will be requesting them from both Cryptsy and bitcointalk on Monday if you don't stop.

You think this is a joke? Keep it up. We have logs of everything you have slandered us about and will continue to log any and all other misinformation you post.

Final friendly warning before we take it further

and...
if anyone is still reading ? and wants to know what the actual "defamation" was it was this following comment he deleted from his "Spots coin" ANN topic

your unbelievable..

i told you this exact thing and your bad mouthed me and deleted my comment from your self mod'd topic
and then you come and create a new topic (self modded again) mentioning this..

i have said nothing bad an i am tired of getting notices saying my comment was deleted.
you seem to be the only guy who feels it required to self moderate your own topics.

you seem to be a maniacal control freak..
You want to control the currency you released and the people that use it in any way you can.
..which is stupid obviously.

you need to learn to accept criticism and that means not deleting them lol
you argued with me and told me im wrong and insulted me for saying what this poll said
and then you go make a poll after you said its your decision lol

you have mental issues i can tell from all the topics i have seen you make in the last month
and i want nothing to do with anything you touch.

grow some balls and let the people using your coin speak freely and stop this never ending flow
off self moderated topics you create.. its not fair to the world.. everyone else can man up why can't you ?

problem was he got mad his clone coin was not added fast enough to Cryptsy and he posted on this forum he is now banning Cryptsy
and he contacted BitJohn and demanded they NEVER ever add his coin !
I seen him ask on Chat too in front of me to BitJohn and BitJohn said yeah fine done.
THEN..
after that i came here and made one comment saying don't you think you should ask all the guys who bought into your coin you posted here
and ask them who have been mining it etc before going and having the coin blacklisted from it's FIRST exchange ?
He flamed me like you wouldn't believe called me names and deleted my topics saying it's his coin and i can go fuck my self etc..
then he waited a few hours and copied what i said AFTER he deleted pretending to have said what i posted
and that now he was running a poll asking everyone what he should do using my comment as the basis for his new Poll topic..
he flip flopped after hearing what i said and mouthing me off and stole my commentary like he thought off it even though he flamed me for it LOL
AND
THAT
is his so called "defamation" of his business.

and THAT should show crystal clear what kind of whiny bitch HE really is..

PS:
Still waiting for the lawsuit or for you to "come get me" tough guy Wink
fuckin' coin cloning clown LOL

edit:
i hope you morons who have been working with this guy learn your lesson.. lay down with dogs you get fleas !

FUD first & ask questions later™
Mt. Gox

Activity: 350
Merit: 118

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 08:03:38 AM

This is simply bitting yourself in your own foot because anyone with half a brain knows Monero and the dev team is legit and has a trusteable background in the crypto enviornment. I still think there is a considerable amount of Darkcoin bagholding up in this.

Monero is a fork of Bytecoin. The real praise should be directed towards the Bytecoin and CryptoNote devs. Monero is just the fair relaunch. Nxt has the same situation going on with its own clones (NAS, NEX, NXTL, NFD, etc.). Not saying that there isn't a need for Monero though because Bytecoin probably has one of the most terrible distributions of any altcoin in existence (much worse than Nxt).

Dear GOD/GODS and/or anyone else who can HELP ME (e.g. MEMBERS OF SUPER-INTELLIGENT ALIEN CIVILIZATIONS): The next time I wake up, please change my physical form to that of FINN MCMILLAN of SOUTH NEW BRIGHTON at 8 YEARS OLD and keep it that way FOREVER. I am so sick of this chubby Asian man body! Thank you! - CHAUL JHIN KIM (a.k.a. A DESPERATE SOUL) P.S. If anyone is reading this then please pray for me! [ www.chauljhin.com ]
smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 08:07:38 AM

This is simply bitting yourself in your own foot because anyone with half a brain knows Monero and the dev team is legit and has a trusteable background in the crypto enviornment. I still think there is a considerable amount of Darkcoin bagholding up in this.

Monero is a fork of Bytecoin. The real praise should be directed towards the Bytecoin and CryptoNote devs. Monero is just the fair relaunch. Nxt has the same situation going on with its own clones (NAS, NEX, NXTL, NFD, etc.). Not saying that there isn't a need for Monero though because Bytecoin probably has one of the most terrible distributions of any altcoin in existence (much worse than Nxt).

Most if not all substantive ongoing development is happening on Monero, since Bytecoin has blown itself up with the terrible distribution, shady promotion, insular attitude and numerous other problems. In terms of credit for technical underpinnings, that 100% belongs with cryptonote/bytecoin/whoever-actually-developed-it, but in terms of relevance to news reporting of what of substance is going on now, that is 99% Monero.

fluffypony
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1060

GetMonero.org / MyMonero.com

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2014, 08:58:45 AM

100% agreed, but the praise for the technical origins really should be given to the CryptoNote developers. After all, in all of the Bytecoin source code it says "Copyright (c) 2012-2013 The Cryptonote developers". That copyright notice seems to imply that there were no "Bytecoin developers" involved in the creation of the reference code.

gustav

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 09:51:41 AM

if you want to have an article on coindesk you need to make them a bagholder. Everybody knows that.
smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 10:03:35 AM

if you want to have an article on coindesk you need to make them a bagholder. Everybody knows that.

Hey coindesk guys, get your XMR here: poloniex.com
Bizmark13

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

WikiScams.org - Information about Bitcoin Scams

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 10:04:57 AM

CoinDesk isn't a single person so how can the whole site be composed of Darkcoin bagholders? According to this link, their team consists of 15 people and they claim to have reporters all over the world.
V500

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 10:29:40 AM

coindesk censores comments very badly and supports only certain altcoins. It is in no way objective and unbiased journalism. How can it ever be? It's altcoins and they write good articles about what they themselves hold.

I am only reading that periferal anymore. Some headlines and that's it. Hope other blogs pop up too.

lowest inflation in town: Unobtanium
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=527500.0
Learn from history: Unfair money always fails
Nxtblg
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2014, 03:13:23 PM

Thanks for the mention of NFD along with the rest. Smiley With respect to clones, the most obvious differentiation point is branding. I haven't been following Monero that closely - I'm sort-of wrapped up elsewhere - but as a "low information BTTer" wrt Monero, I think the best angle to keep working is Monero's enviable dev team and the support it has from important BTTers. Granted that it could be criticized as a somewhat sneaky appeal to authority, but authorities - particularly authorities here - are authorities for a reason.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 05:09:53 PM

pretty much i think LOL

FUD first & ask questions later™
JohnyMonero

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 09, 2014, 01:49:12 PM

Whether you're a supporter of Monero (or cryptonote in general) or not,
And if you are not, you should become a supporter of Monero.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: