Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 02:31:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: CloakCoin scam warning  (Read 2716 times)
truedev (OP)

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 03, 2014, 07:30:39 PM

Im not convinced by the arguments thereby presented here.

No one is trying to convince anybody. Just do your analyze and do what you think is best.  Wink

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
August 03, 2014, 08:04:32 PM

https://darkcointalk.org/threads/rc4-testing.1830/page-48

This is a link to a 48 page thread detailing the testing of Darkcoin's latest version. You have to be a moron to say that Darkcoin is vaporware or a scam. The information that shows otherwise is there, you need but take a look. The reality is that development takes time. You have no idea what you're talking about if you criticize Darkcoin for taking 6 months to get to this point. If 6 months is long for you, I wouldn't recommend Monero. These things take time. Years.
Well it's simple, they are morons.
You'd be surprised at the number of people here who are ignorant, or have 'low intelligence (q)'.
DRK is becoming anonymous is becoming reality very soon (http://www.wowwiki.com/Soon).
About the OP, you as a newbie shouldn't be giving out scam warnings.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
meganite

Activity: 48
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 04, 2014, 05:08:08 AM

Hey folks, just want to share my thoughts about CloakCoin. Initially I was very excited but some red flags were raised.
No proof of technical details. The whitepapers are very vague and contain no groundbreaking details. Details that would be potentially groundbreaking, like how PoSA works or how the OneMarket protocol works are glossed over. The FAQ gives half-assed answers.
with integrated API trading. No stealth transaction functionality.
The dev(s) are completely anonymous.
Users on Bitcointalk have complained about critical posts deleted in the CloakCoin announcement thread
The PoW stage lasted 7 days, which means the dev(s) could have mined a large portion of the total coins. Some miners reported seeing 20 GH/s on the network immediately. This is effectively a premine dump.
I can't find much original code in the Github repo. It seems like it's all code copied from Bitcoin-qt and related repos with minor modifications. Certainly no code for the alleged groundbreaking algos in CloakCoin.
The site is all talk and no show. The vague whitepapers, the snazzy meaningless graphics, the pointless youtube videos under "development," and the lack of technical discussion in the community.
Putting all these together makes it seem like an elaborate scam. If this thread is deleted (which would then be found in /r/undelete), that would be even more reason to suspect. Buyer beware...

source:

http://www.reddit.com/r/CLOAK/comments/2b1ier/cloakcoin_scam_warning/

I agree with all of this.

Proof-of-Scam?  Check.
Long on hype, short on published code?  Check.
Pumped by new accounts?  Check.
Convoluted whitepapers radiating bogons?  Check.
New blue-sky features announced before fulfilling previous ones?  Check and double-check.

The Cloak team is very good at telling us what we want to hear, I'll give them that.  And their logo is fantastic too.

But where is the beef?  Put it on github or go home.

The only cryptographically proven means of anonymity at the moment is Cryptonote's ring signature based approach.

When the Cloak/XC/Dark/Black kids claim to have a system with equivalent security, just laugh at them and hlod Monero.

An extremely obvious +1
doubleredrolex

Activity: 211
Merit: 100

I Believe

View Profile
August 05, 2014, 09:43:28 AM

https://darkcointalk.org/threads/rc4-testing.1830/page-48

This is a link to a 48 page thread detailing the testing of Darkcoin's latest version. You have to be a moron to say that Darkcoin is vaporware or a scam. The information that shows otherwise is there, you need but take a look. The reality is that development takes time. You have no idea what you're talking about if you criticize Darkcoin for taking 6 months to get to this point. If 6 months is long for you, I wouldn't recommend Monero. These things take time. Years.

I agree. Its actually funny when people say DRK is a scam. Then i instantly know who doesn't have a clue what they are talking about. I have been following the development for months.
Somekindabitcoin

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 09:26:46 AM

Now you guys must feel like total ass holes : D
nsimmons

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 09:28:42 AM

Rub it in some more!

illodin

Activity: 966
Merit: 1003

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 09:30:00 AM

Who? What do you mean?
Somekindabitcoin

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 09:46:42 AM

Look at Cloak price now and compare it to 10 days ago.
nsimmons

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 02:28:49 AM

Super secret private audit failure.

http://cloaktalk.org/t/private-audit-cloakcoin-posa/243

Viper1

Activity: 686
Merit: 320

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 03:46:51 AM

Look at Cloak price now and compare it to 10 days ago.

How about DRK? 900k -> 470k in 3 days and still on it's way down. It's like someone (or a few) are getting out of anon coins all together.

BTC: 1F8yJqgjeFyX1SX6KJmqYtHiHXJA89ENNT
LTC: LYAEPQeDDM7Y4jbUH2AwhBmkzThAGecNBV
DOGE: DSUsCCdt98PcNgUkFHLDFdQXmPrQBEqXu9
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: